What To Do In Case Of Not Serious Motorbike Accident?

khman

Hi,

Imagine you have a small accident, no real injury (if injury, no question, hospital and we'll see after)

What do do depending you are responsible or not, depending if your or his motorbike is damaged?

I imagine if I'm responsible I pay him. And if he his? I just have to cry?

What if the Thai is drunk?

Thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never, repeat never should drive without a good insurance in Thailand. A good insurance company has reps in every town and all you do is phone them and they settell everything. You don't have to anything or dicuss anything with police or the injured party.

What you are saying does not make a great deal of sense.

Start again, think about what you want to ask and perhaps number your questions 1, 2, 3 and so on.

Right now you sound hysterical and I have no clear idea of what you want.

R

ps. When you have written it then READ it.

See if it still sounds like what you intended to say ... before you post it.

b-wink.gif

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

I totally agree with you.

But it was for knowing if we should involve police or not (even with insurance). Or tourist police.

Or if I assist some farang not insured.

Anyway, sorry for the question and thanks for the advice.

You never, repeat never should drive without a good insurance in Thailand. A good insurance company has reps in every town and all you do is phone them and they settell everything. You don't have to anything or dicuss anything with police or the injured party.

I guess you don't live in Thailand and own a scooter.

If you do, please tell me where to get full insurance on a a three year old scooter.

They prefer insult me, tell it's a dumb question...

Imagine a friend come to see you for a week. You rent a motorbike on beach road. Where to go to get insured?

You can only get the traffic third part insurance on a scooter.

In case of accident, you pay in following order.

1. Tourist.

2. Expat without license.

3. Expat with license

4. Thai without license.

5. Thai with license.

6. Someone related to police.

• Like 1

Imagine a friend come to see you for a week. You rent a motorbike on beach road. Where to go to get insured?

1. Tourist.

3. Expat with license

4. Thai without license.

5. Thai with license.

Spot on PS.

My friend has a bike licence (Thai) and when a police truck ran into the back of his scooter - guess who paid?

Mind you, the police did recommend a place where he could get it fixed cheap.

If an accident involves injury then you have to leave the vehicles in the road at the crash seen and leave the keys in the vehicles until the police give the ok to move them.

then if the Thai was drunk then you shall have to push the police to breathlizing them but good luck.

Also you shall need your driving licence.

If you were turning and someone hit you as you were turning. the law states that you must open your indictators 50 meters before the turning.

just incase you do not know and the policeman asks.

If you crash with a thai the normal situation is that the forang has to pay for the thai persons vehicle and hospital epenses which is why i drive a car most of the time with full inssurence then the inssurence shalll decide who is right or wrong and then they will either pay for you or collect payment of the other party.

• Like 2

1. Tourist.

3. Expat with license

4. Thai without license.

5. Thai with license.

Hey sucker - people reading this might think you were being serious.

Not good promo for either you or the island.

R

1. Tourist.

3. Expat with license

4. Thai without license.

5. Thai with license.

R

Sadly this is he case however in near 95% (or more) of all road accidents around this country. Good promo or not for this island, let a,one the country, unfortunately this is how it works here.

R

Unfortunately this is not a Samui issue, it is common throughout the Kingdom.

Some years ago I was involved in a car accident near Hua Hin. The police admitted that I was not at fault. Even the judge said that even though I may be innocent, I would still have to pay something. Foreigner v Thai. Foreigner pays. TIT

had a motorcycle accident once in BKKs small Sois, my fault. At the huge police station the police said, that the Thai driver of the other motorcycle did not wait until the police came, therefore it was his fault and made him pay me compensation. So PS's list does not work always....

had a motorcycle accident once in BKKs small Sois, my fault. At the huge police station the police said, that the Thai driver of the other motorcycle did not wait until the police came, therefore it was his fault and made him pay me compensation. So PS's list does not work always....

Nice one. thumbsup.gif

R

Unfortunately this is not a Samui issue, it is common throughout the Kingdom.

Some years ago I was involved in a car accident near Hua Hin. The police admitted that I was not at fault. Even the judge said that even though I may be innocent, I would still have to pay something. Foreigner v Thai. Foreigner pays. TIT

This can be the case in Thai vs Thai as well, not uncommon.

Especially in areas where many Westerners live this can happen occasionally and it's good that it does happen. Unfortunately, in most cases Poor Suckers list will rule.

I was once caught speeding on the 44 towards Krabi, getting out of the car and facing the cops, where a Thai lady was sitting, I jokingly remarked that after I heard how much I needed to pay, that it must've been a Westerner bonus price. The Thai lady caught for speeding however siad that she had to pay the same as me, although all involved were laughing at my remark.

I have removed a couple of posts. Flame & response.

Please bear in mind NOT all posters are native English speakers. Have some tolerance & perhaps help instead of criticising .

Yeah right, a very sick vdo, don't really need to see this, plenty of real life options around this island and the mainland and people do die there.

I haven't looked at the video but i have seen some sick picture from bike accidents and car accidents and i reckon people should look at them to show them what happens as an action of their consiquences.

If it is real then you should see it. Beleive me once you see someone' brain splattered alll over the road. It might make you think more about driving drunk with no helmet and also that you could hit someone else.

people need to see what really happens when there is a serious accident and not read about it and turn the page then carry on as normal