Somsak Optic - Top Bloke

modafinil

I don't know if I'm allowed to post positive things about a particular business on thaivisa, but one good turn deserves another.

On the advice of an old thaivisa thread, I bought my current glasses from Somsak Optic in Phuket Town. He speaks excellent English, gives free eye tests and his prices and glasses seem very good. I think I paid him 1500 baht last year for my current pair.

Anyway, my charming gf accidentally broke one of the lenses in the glasses and twisted the frame. "Mai Bpen Rai" I said through gritted teeth, and headed on over to Phuket Town. Despite my willingness to buy a new pair, Khun Somsak assured me that he could fix them and provide a new lens, all for the cost of 400 baht.

Well that in itself would be a great recommendation, but then we chatted for a little while and he told me he had business in Kamala that evening, and would try to drop them off for me if possible. At 6PM my mobile went, and sure enough Mr Somsak was waiting for me, with my glasses looking good as new. He even gave me a hard glasses case and cloth free of charge!

So thank you Mr Somsak - top bloke.

(If you want to find his shop, it's just off the main road heading south through Phuket Town. As you get closer to the big roundabout the road becomes one way (southbound). At the end of the one way section get in the right lane and turn right - his shop is on the left, about 10 metres up the road.)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. Once I needed a new frame (the lenses were still perfect) for glasses bought in a shop belonging to a Thailand wide chain. So I visited their branch in a small Isaan town where I chanced to be, telling them that whatever new frame would be OK for me, only to be told they didn't repair, I could only buy new glasses.

I'll second that.

I have been a customer of Somsak for nearly 12 years.

Friendly, English speaking service with great prices for glasses, lenses and contacts.

He has even put new lenses in my existing frames a couple of times saving the cost of new frames.

A top bloke.