May It Be Slightly Less

janverbeem

Today I went shopping at that supermarket on Pattaya Klang.We don't have much other choice as there are currently only two,the others are more outgrown grocery stores.

What I noticed right away was that their quality level has gone even further down since taking over the store from the previous owner,however it never has been high as I think the single letter in their logo describes the quality standard they are aiming at.

Unlike the quality which goes down at a fast pace, the prices don't since they seem to rise in line with gold in the financial markets,and that while their shelves are still half empty after the flood disaster in contrast with other stores.

Altough I would buy on a daily base one of the ready made Thai or foreign food items when it was still exploited by the previous owner,i haven't done once since the takeover for the simple reason that the quality was much less.

Today I noticed right away that they had the Mussaman Khai in promotion at 35 Baht instead of 40 however I recall that when it was still [mod edit],which is actually not that long ago,it was sold at 32 baht and there was chicken in the dish then.

The only item I would still buy was the steamed brown rice,which sold at a premium to the crap white rice,but that item has also disappeared for the past 3 weeks,or it must be that they make so little of it these days that it is sold out at the time I go there which is still the same.

Some other items are exactly double price from the competition only a few hundred meters further down the road.Needless to say that I left the store without buying anything.

As a warning to others I also noticed that the freezer closest to the check out counters,and which haqs sliding doors on top, had all items completely defrosted,which included french fries,roasted potatos and a dish with fish .The display of the freezer showed 16 degrees.

Since this is a discussion board I would like to ask what are your thoughts about this.

Edited by Phil Conners
name removed as per forum rule #6

Can't comment on [Mod edit] but I've shopped at Villa Market at The Avenue for a couple of years now think they're great.

They often seem to be changing stuff around and they don't have some of the diet drinks at the moment but IMHO they are very good on the service front and have a hugel of a range of breads at the moment, plus a number of different types of now-white rice.

Edited by Phil Conners
name removed as per forum rule #6]

I still like many of their own "homemade" breads and pastries and their [mod edit] brand butter (which has been out of stock for a while). Sometimes they also have good buys in their electronics/home appliance section and I have found their staff to be helpful and friendly when I have needed assistance. As to prices, I don't really pay attention and I just buy whatever I want...fortunately, I am in a position to do this.

Edited by Phil Conners

You have been here long enough to know the libel laws. Please do not post negative reports on businesses or individuals as you may be sued and so may we if we let it happen. These are the law of the Kingdom and by choosing to live here and use this forum you must obey these laws.

Turn it around. Talk about where you *can* buy the products that you crave and where prices *are* competitive or where service *is* good.

Glass half full vs. glass half empty.

If these rules are not obeyed the topic with be closed and deleted.

I still like many of their own "homemade" breads and pastries and their [mod edit] brand butter (which has been out of stock for a while). Sometimes they also have good buys in their electronics/home appliance section and I have found their staff to be helpful and friendly when I have needed assistance. As to prices, I don't really pay attention and I just buy whatever I want...fortunately, I am in a position to do this.

That's one of the other annouyances with them.If an item runs out of stock,which happens on a frequent base,it will take ages to return to the shelves.Don't they have any stock management? Edited by Phil Conners