Rubbish Pickup In Rawai Is Rubbish

stevehaigh

its been over a week now and the rubbish is piling up down our soi. and not the first time.

personally, i would happyly pay far more than the trivial 500b/year they charge for pickup if they did a good job and cleaned the entire soi as they drove past.

also, it seems that since some of my neighbours clearly think the 500b/year is too much, they dump their sh-t in my bin which pisses me off too.

i have no idea what to do about this, short of cleaning the soi myself and driving everything to the dump, but it would all be back in a few weeks anyhow

Great pick-up service in Chalong. Two times a week with a brand new truck.

Costs 300 Bt a year, payable at the Or Bor Tor.

Different Or Bor Tor, different service.

Kata 6 days a week, free

I Hua Hin I pay 10 baht a month on water bill, 6 days a week service

You think it's free?

Go to the Or Bor Tor, or, Tessaban, give your address and you will find they have a bill for you.

Kata 6 days a week, free

You think it's free?

Go to the Or Bor Tor, or, Tessaban, give your address and you will find they have a bill for you.

well that would in kata be the bills for 4 houses and 8 years, and no mention of it when I have been there

I live in Rawai and have no complaints about the Rubbish Collection we have a large Cage outside the house that the bags go into and its collected every day or nearly everyday by a proper compactor truck. Usually about 5am

This is of course after the Recycle Cycle has gone through the bags neatly I must add.

My wife pays the yearly small sum not sure what it is about THB 500. Only complaint is that the Soi is not yet concrete (5 Years) although they do grade it every so often and a coke and a small sum makes sure that outside the house is done that little bit better.

Kata 6 days a week, free

You think it's free?

well that would in kata be the bills for 4 houses and 8 years, and no mention of it when I have been there

I pay for garbage collection in Kata, 480 Baht per year, payable latest in March.

I pay for garbage collection in Kata, 480 Baht per year, payable latest in March.

KBB, I doubt whether the garbage truck goes down your side road. I'm thinking you carry the rubbish to the main road and leave outside someone else's property.

I'm having a similar problem with trash pickup in chumphon. The beach has no problem. But we on the main road are having problems with pickup. My gf keeps saying something like the moo's are sectioned off, so we cannot hire the private pickup (turf/mafia?). I want to just pay obotto (yellow) or whoever 240 baht/yr. And we cannot get one of those big bins either.

I just want private trash pickup 3x week or so. Is this too much to ask?

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

Edited by 4evermaat

Living in Rawai (but off the beaten track), it is impossible for a garbage truck to get near my house. Obviously, I'm not complaining as I chose to live here precisely because it is so isolated.

I'd happily pay for a 'bin' by the main road BUT know it would be filled by everyone else that is either too mean to pay for their own service or, could not afford to pay. Which would still leave me with nowhere to put my rubbish....

Gotta be one of the worst jobs in the world.

They are not hi-so people who do this work.

I've found that giving them a bottle of whiskey once in a while does wonders for the excellent service we enjoy at my small village in Rawai.

Might try being nice instead of bitching about them.

Works for me.

I'd happily pay for a 'bin' by the main road BUT know it would be filled by everyone else that is either too mean to pay for their own service or, could not afford to pay. Which would still leave me with nowhere to put my rubbish....

So get a Sulo bin and put a lock on it ermm.gif

Gotta be one of the worst jobs in the world.

They are not hi-so people who do this work.

I've found that giving them a bottle of whiskey once in a while does wonders for the excellent service we enjoy at my small village in Rawai.

Might try being nice instead of bitching about them.

Works for me.

Great idea! Not for the binmen that I'm unable to use - but for my postman!

I've always been friendly to him, but my post is obviously being 'saved up' so that my bills are beyond the 'pay by' date...

I'm going to buy a bottle of whiskey immediately!

What's a 'Sulo bin' and how do I know when the binmen are going to turn up for me to unlock it?

What's a 'Sulo bin' and how do I know when the binmen are going to turn up for me to unlock it?

google is my friend...http://www.sulo.com.au/articles/Products/6

They have wheels & in fact you wouldn't need a lock, just keep it in your yard & when you've put all your garbage in, put it out so your neighbours can share. Ask a Thai neighbour when the garbage truck is due.

The blue bins that used to be around here have disappeared since my last visit. Bit messy now with black plastic bags left on the ground for the soi dogs to sample. Maybe they're like shopping trolleys. I get busy occasionally, much to the consternation of the neighbours, and pick up all the rubbish along the soi.

A worm farm wouldn't go astray in this household either, but son's fiancee can't get her head around it.

I'm in Sai Yuan and agree you must go to your local OrBorJor every year. I pay 360THB and they pick up minimum once a week.

However. Who is responsible for the complete and utter disgrace that is now the entire soi running through sois 14 to 11!? Everything from old cement/bricks to clothing, discarded furniture/clothing and sanitary ware together with the ubiquitous plastic bags and polystyrene?

The OBJ did put up a sign stipulating a 10k fine for dumping, but of course, no on there to enforce it. So said sign and even more rubbish strewn about these once lovely sois.

I did bring this matter up with a neighbour who said the OBJ couldn't afford to place more litter bins. :S This is of course complete crap, one look at the far end of Nai Harn beach during High Season with it's lone bin - on the damned road!? - will show where their priorities lie. And it most certainly is not the cessation of the disgusting despoilation of this once beautiful island.

Edited by silsburyhill

Here was me thinking is was because of the floods.......... Yes I live in the area that was flooded, Private road Village, for past 7 years garbage collection was Tuesday morning between 5 - 6 am and Sat morning the same time...... Never worked out the fee, just every so often 2 girls come around to collect, last time about 6 months ago was 220 baht...

Since floods, it is a right mess, and no one knows when they will come... 3 weeks ago they came at 3 am on Monday, 1st time in 3 weeks, they came again on Sat at 3 am, last week nothing, then this last Sunday at 2 am....... They wake everyone in the Village as they make so much noise and take so long, why have no idea there is only 39 bins....... The Village has a total of 63 detached houses, 3 are holidays homes, 4 are empty and For Sale, the others were rented but the renters did not come back after the floods.

When to put the 1x black bag out ? now having no ides when and if the will arrive......... Not sure is taking to tip is a good idea ? one guy in the Village will sometimes collect 1 or 2 bags from everyone in his pickup and take a full pickup of black bags to tip, but when the garbage collection guys come and there is then not much to collect maybe they think it is OK to miss the collections.. 50km North west of BKK, talking the other day to a friend same problem about 60 km North East of BKK

So the problems is all over Thailand ? something new for 2012 ?

Edited by ignis

they picked up last night so the mountain of rubbish on my soi has subsided a bit but the soi still looks like khrap, litter everywhere.

if i saw the rubbish truck in action i'd give then a bottle of loa khao to clean it up but they swing by in the middle of the night so i never get to see them.

google is my friend...http://www.sulo.com.au/articles/Products/6

They have wheels & in fact you wouldn't need a lock, just keep it in your yard & when you've put all your garbage in, put it out so your neighbours can share. Ask a Thai neighbour when the garbage truck is due.

The blue bins that used to be around here have disappeared since my last visit. Bit messy now with black plastic bags left on the ground for the soi dogs to sample. Maybe they're like shopping trolleys. I get busy occasionally, much to the consternation of the neighbours, and pick up all the rubbish along the soi.

A worm farm wouldn't go astray in this household either, but son's fiancee can't get her head around it.

You completely missed my point - "Living in Rawai (but off the beaten track), it is impossible for a garbage truck to get near my house"!

Which is why I mentioned that I would be happy to pay for a bin by the main road (about 1 km away, but I could carry my rubbish on my 'bike), except I know it would be filled by others, leaving me in the same position - nowhere to put my rubbish.... As previous posters have pointed out, rubbish collections are a bit random.

You completely missed my point - "Living in Rawai (but off the beaten track), it is impossible for a garbage truck to get near my house"!

Which is why I mentioned that I would be happy to pay for a bin by the main road (about 1 km away, but I could carry my rubbish on my 'bike), except I know it would be filled by others, leaving me in the same position - nowhere to put my rubbish....

Very inconvenient. Are you not on a public road?

If you are, you can give your address to the Or Bor Tor and they will add it to the bin-men's route.

Which is why I mentioned that I would be happy to pay for a bin by the main road (about 1 km away, but I could carry my rubbish on my 'bike), except I know it would be filled by others, leaving me in the same position - nowhere to put my rubbish....

Very inconvenient. Are you not on a public road?

If you are, you can give your address to the Or Bor Tor and they will add it to the bin-men's route.

I agree with F1 on this one. Rubbish trucks just cannot enter every dead-end soi where there is no way to turn round. And it's not about public or private road. I have 2 properties in Patong and one is on a public soi the other on a private road. I'm lucky that both road are serviced by the garbage truck but life is not easy for the driver with many badly parked vehicles that close access to a big truck, so many days we never have garbage collected. Not the truck drivers fault, lay the blame at all the very badly parked cars.