Rubbish Pickup In Rawai Is Rubbish

stevehaigh

You completely missed my point - "Living in Rawai (but off the beaten track), it is impossible for a garbage truck to get near my house"!

Which is why I mentioned that I would be happy to pay for a bin by the main road (about 1 km away, but I could carry my rubbish on my 'bike), except I know it would be filled by others, leaving me in the same position - nowhere to put my rubbish....

Very inconvenient. Are you not on a public road?

If you are, you can give your address to the Or Bor Tor and they will add it to the bin-men's route.

Again - no, I live off a tiny, dead end soi about 1km from the main road. With the best will in the world, there is no way a garbage truck could/would come to my house, and I understand this. But, it makes getting rid of rubbish v difficult without understanding/kind friends that allow me to use their rubbish bins.

Edited by F1fanatic

The rubbish pickup site near where we live in Rawai is a mess

smelly, with flies and rats and never cleaned up properly

Will be going to the local govt office to see if we need to pay a annual rubbish removal fee

and see if something can be done about it

If you go there anyway, inform them about the light that marks the soi, which has been broken for a very long time now.

The rubbish pickup site near where we live in Rawai is a mess

smelly, with flies and rats and never cleaned up properly

Will be going to the local govt office to see if we need to pay a annual rubbish removal fee

and see if something can be done about it

If you go there anyway, inform them about the light that marks the soi, which has been broken for a very long time now.

From previous experience in other areas its the electricity company who fix

the street lights not local Govt, they come around about once a year