3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't bother to demonize all Muslims or people from any religion. There is great diversity among Muslims and many Muslim peoples/governments are enemies of each other. To wit, this years Iranian terror plot to murder the Saudi ambassador in Washington D.C.

That's just the point,they can't even live together and are even blowing up their own.

I like this one. whistling.gif

Thanks.. I need to start using that more... sometimes I think it's obvious sarcasm but maybe it's only obvious to me.

I strongly suspected that it was sarcasm, but with the kooks and the "false flag" conspiracy theories going around, one can never be sure.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I can see the TAT spin on this coming. It was one of those pink taxis that don't like to turn the meter on. Tourism seen to be increasing due to less Pink Taxi Scams in Bangkok.

I hope it was a pink taxi.

The TAT could say: "now that we've have had the terrorist attack the U.S promisedwarned us about, we can go back to business with our Thailand Miracle Tour. Surely tourists will flock to Thailand now and we may have to upward adjust our estimates smile.png

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

licklips.gif Just reading the BBC World news report on this.

It clearly says that this all began with 3 Iranian men that were living in a house, one who was the guy who tried to throw a bomb at the policeman...and blew his own legs off. This was the same guy who also threw a bomb at the taxi when the driver refused to take him.

But it also says that two of the Iranians fled.

IF that report from the BBC is corect then two Iranians....of the 3 Iranians who supposedly rented the house 1 month ago...were NOT detained by the police...and therefore are loose somewhere in Bangkok.

Now the BBC could have the wrong information....I'm just passing on what the BBC news is reporting.

I'm sure you guys know how to get to the BBC World news web site....and you can go from there to the Asia news and see the report for yourself.

The way I interpret that report is that were 3 Iranians who rented that house together....and 2 of them are not in custody at this time.

But, don't worry, the police are saying, "everything is under control".

coffee1.gif

UPDATE: I just read that Tweet that says at least one of the Iranians allegedly involved was detained at swampy.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I like this one. whistling.gif

Thanks.. I need to start using that more... sometimes I think it's obvious sarcasm but maybe it's only obvious to me.

I strongly suspected that it was sarcasm, but with the kooks and the "false flag" conspiracy theories going around, one can never be sure.

Exactly. And there's no desert emoticon to show extremely dry humor.

Is the Souther problems about Muslim/non-muslim - or more about argument over ownership of those border provinces. I would suggest the latter - of course this doesn't stop the fanatics turning it into a religious rather than geographic dispute!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

516856714.jpg

the place that blew up first

should be a premature detonation and they escape

luckily how this is ended or else more casualty if they succeed in their plan

Guess they lost the security deposit.

Imagine how hard it is going to be for Middle Eastern passport holders to get rneted appartments in Bangkok for the next year or so!

The TIMING relates to the recent Thailand terror threat (also Azerbaijan), fertilizer warehouse arrest, Hezbollah-Iran bombings in India and Georgia, but the TARGET makes no sense. Jury still out.

By timing, I mean the fourth anniversary of the assassination of Hezbollah's deputy leader, Imad Mughniyah.

Friendly suggestion to Thai officials: please stop trying to meddle with US embassy warnings and worry more about terrorism than tourism profits.

the target was valentine day

licklips.gif Just reading the BBC World news report on this.

It clearly says that this all began with 3 Iranian men that were living in a house, one who was the guy who tried to throw a bomb at the policeman...and blew his own legs off. This was the same guy who also threw a bomb at the taxi when the driver refused to take him.

But it also says that two of the Iranians fled.

IF that report from the BBC is corect then two Iranians....of the 3 Iranians who supposedly rented the house 1 month ago...were NOT detained by the police...and therefore are loose somewhere in Bangkok.

Now the BBC could have the wrong information....I'm just passing on what the BBC news is reporting.

I'm sure you guys know how to get to the BBC World news web site....and you can go from there to the Asia news and see the report for yourself.

The way I interpret that report is that were 3 Iranians who rented that house together....and 2 of them are not in custody at this time.

But, don't worry, the police are saying, "everything is under control".

coffee1.gif

1 was caught at Swampy trying to board a air asia plan to KL

Nasty posts which demonize religions have been deleted.

By the way, he was catching a taxi. Any reports on where he was going?

I don't think her got as far as giving a destination - from what I can gather the taxi driver baulked at his appearance: dishevelled and bleeding Middle Eastern man carrying a conspicuously large black bag (and standing outside a smoking house too perhaps).

• Like 2

extremely graphic video of the 'suspect' with legs blown off, didn't want to embed it here, so copy/paste this in your browser....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhK0xtyfskg

m184.gif the spectators was cursing at him..

I didn't exactly see a lot of do-gooders running over to administer first-aid. Probably was the sight of that still-full looking backpack in the midst of a bombed out scene that undoubtedly kept any Good Samaritans at bay.

It looks like one of the earlier posters here guessed at the correct explanation:

Government spokeswoman Thitima Chaisaeng said police reported the house was being used to make bombs and had uncovered a cache of C4 explosives and remote control detonating devices.

She said a bomb went off inside the rented house and two of the three men fled. The third man, identified as Saeid Moradi, followed and tried to hail a taxi, which refused to stop.

Yesterday israeli diplomat's car was bombed blasted using some device in india's capital new delhi and Isreal PM insisted that its iran who did it. If reports are to be believed here in bkk than hai Voila!!! Iranian here too????

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

It looks like one of the earlier posters here guessed at the correct explanation:

Government spokeswoman Thitima Chaisaeng said police reported the house was being used to make bombs and had uncovered a cache of C4 explosives and remote control detonating devices.

She said a bomb went off inside the rented house and two of the three men fled. The third man, identified as Saeid Moradi, followed and tried to hail a taxi, which refused to stop.

So two iranian terrorists are AT LARGE! Amazing Thailand.

Edited by z12

will be ineresting to see if he was the threat the USA lifts the warning, if not then that means for me there is a bigger picture and it will be on going. Why would he be carrying a foreign currency when he has been here so long, as in at least since the warning was issued. Convienient that for a finger pointing exercise and divering attention from other possible motives.

The orginal warning stated a bombing aimed at tourist area's this was not the attack expected, so i can only assume other's will come aimed at tourist area's.

The Southern extremests will get nowhere until they bring there campaign to BKK and the tourist trade, as the IRA learnt the only way to get to the negotiating table was to bomb london.

Extemmely interested to see what happens with the terrorist warning now the perceived threat is dead. Yet again the Thai goverment left looking the knumb nuts they are, just ignore and denounce the best Intel in the world. For saying they hate to loose face they do a darn good job at losing face big style.

I'm only counting, hearing of 3 Iranians...

The one who failed to catch a taxi and blew off his legs...

The one caught at the airport trying to leave the country...

And the third guy no further info given.

As for the post above, no one knows if these guys were part of what the U.S. was warning about or not.. at least as yet..

Might be related... Might be totally unrelated. No one here has any basis to know...

But... it pretty much looks like one thing is clear... these guys were terrorists of some variety.

Stay tuned.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

So two iranian terrorists are AT LARGE! Amazing Thailand.

only two is a bit of an understatement

I'm only counting, hearing of 3 Iranians...

The one who failed to catch a taxi and blew off his legs...

The one caught at the airport trying to leave the country...

And the third guy no further info given.

As for the post above, no one knows if these guys were part of what the U.S. was warning about or not.. at least as yet..

Might be related... Might be totally unrelated. No one here has any basis to know...

But... it pretty much looks like one thing is clear... these guys were terrorists of some variety.

Stay tuned.

I would be surprised the guy in the airport is the right person .. you know what the Thai police are like these day also seems to be arrested very fast if you ask me ..

Edited by nicky1982

The problem with the Lebanese person arrested a few weeks back was that he was not alone. There was at least one other person involved. It would be very, very naive to think that there were only two. Renting a place, stockpiling materials used for explosives would indicate a network.

I am reasonably sure that is the reason the US embassy warning was not rescinded.

Things went terribly wrong for the bombers, but terribly right for Thailand. Their intended target(s), whatever it was, was not hit.