3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

dam_n thats 2 minutes down the road from my home. I was wondering why there was no traffic while on my way home, now i know why.

No idea why, but this soi in sukumvit is a muslim area with many mosques. Possibly related.

Could it be a jealous boyfriend on valentines day????

So it's unlikely that Muslims would attack a Muslim area. Could it be an Israeli False Flag like those in India and Georgia??

Four Lions! It's happening..

If these guys are terrorists then I'll be shocked.. Bloody amateurs..

So to be a terrorist one has to strap on a bomb in a belt, drive a truck full of explosives or take down a plane? A guy walking around with explosive devices in a bag and throws them at will to kill innocent people is not a terrorist but only an amateur. Got it thanks.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dam_n thats 2 minutes down the road from my home. I was wondering why there was no traffic while on my way home, now i know why.

No idea why, but this soi in sukumvit is a muslim area with many mosques. Possibly related.

So it's unlikely that Muslims would attack a Muslim area. Could it be an Israeli False Flag like those in India and Georgia??

What about the suicide and other bombings in Iraq, Afganistan or even in the south of Thailand, in all three places muslims bomb muslims.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Frankly stating this guy is an terrorist might be a little too much....

Or he forgot his training..

Be discreet, go to target un-noticed and such potential instruction don't mix very well with throwing grenade at a taxi that does not want to take you....

An idiot with a bag of grenade yes... Terrorist not sure...

So to be a terrorist one has to strap on a bomb in a belt, drive a truck full of explosives or take down a plane? A guy walking around with explosive devices in a bag and throws them at will to kill innocent people is not a terrorist but only an amateur. Got it thanks.

Terrorist by definition but not terrorist by organization is my point...

a man (Iranian) came out of a house covered in blood and tried to stop a taxi, the taxi driver would not stop so the man tripped trying to stop him and that was when the bomb he was carrying went off and blow his legs away, two other men (Iranian?) run off from the house carrying another bomb this may be the one that was thrown at the police.

The Three Stooges in action.

Have no fear the fourth stooge Chalerm will have the case solved by tomorrow morning assuring Bangkok is safe for all tourists.

• Like 2

Terrorist by definition but not terrorist by organization is my point... Hence the 'Four Lions' link..

"Defense Minister ACM Sukumpol Suwanatat says he has ordered a check whether the explosions are a terrorist attack."

No, it was one of the other type of unclaimed bomb attacks randomly targeting civilians in urban areas. Whether this was Hezbollah or not, I'm pretty sure this type of bomb blast would be filed under the "terrorism" category in ANY other country. Even Syria is playing the terrorist-card now. It's mostly every day that I feel partially lobotomized after reading the Thai news.

• Like 1

Be discreet, go to target un-noticed and such potential instruction don't mix very well with throwing grenade at a taxi that does not want to take you....

Maybe he had second thought.

Will we be honoured by yet another meaningless speech about how everything is under control of this government, that the police is there, no worry, that foreign embassies should just remove terror warnings because tourism is at stake?

Will we, really? Or will we be spared that for a couple of days?

"I would like to ask the people not to panic. The authorities have now arrested an attacker," Yingluck said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-14

Well, we have been spared this about 20 min.

RT @tulsathit: Yingluck receives briefing on the Bkk bomb incidents with grim face. Chalerm orders prompt investigation. via @Neaw_NBC

Better get this sorted out pronto (and properly), else say bye bye to your tourist dollars/euros.

Bombs in Bangkok will make headline news the world over, and that will impact tourism.

US Embassy get to say "Told you so" now - B4stards chose a school to set it off outside!

He is (supposed to be given id given to a hotel linked to a receipt he had on him) an Iranian named Sayed Murabi (http://www.livingthai.org/iranian-bomber-in-bangkok-blows-his-own-legs-off.html). No links published as yet, but Iranian government (Embassy) has been asked for help with background information on him and other two Iranians that were known to be living at the same address.

We heard the bomber was challenged by the police and he pulled the pin on I assume a grenade and blew himself up.

He comes half way around the world to blow himself and innocents up.

If he is iranian and we have heard of big news due imminently concerning their nuclear program is this perhaps the beginning of an iranian bombing campaign?

Israel are threatening imminent airstrikes.

There's a large mosque on Sukhumvit 71. The area is popular with thai executives. A lot of large houses tucked away of lousy broken up roads.

I am a US citizen and I do NOT approve of my government meddling in the affairs of foreign countries. Nonetheless, the obvious indicators show the US Embassy warnings to be correct in this matter.

Recently, there was a tit-for-tat exchange between the US and Thailand. The US made a travel advisory. Days later, the Thai government recognized Palestine, thumbing their nose at the US pro-Israeli stance (and which I happen to agree with, since Israel seems to be intent on exterminating people for the last twenty years).

Now this.

I have read the Holy Q'uran. Nowhere does it allow the killing of non-combatants, except in the volumes of interpretations that fuel the current conflicts between Shiite and Sunni Muslims. Please note I am not talking about the original texts, but the interpretations...To set off a bomb near a school, to kill innocents, is not allowed in any circumstance.

Any Holy Book can be hijacked by idiots claiming true faith. Please do not hate Muslims for this. They might understand the anger, but not the actions.

Further, I hope the small-minded psychopath claiming divine right for his angry stupidity lost, not just both legs, but both <deleted> in the explosion, and that some Katoi near soi Cowboy accidentally had them arrive ala' projectile infamous as cheap and unsavory pickled "onions" in its cocktail...and it then chewed them down to grist before vomiting the unpalatable oysters altogether.

Respectfully,

Me

• Like 1

PM informed of bombings in BKK; Defense Minister Sukumpol checking whether they're terrorism attempt /TANN

Nah, wasn't an attempt at terrorism, just a bit of fun.

Whenever I hear the qoute "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" the Thai government almost always comes to mind.

.......and carry Baht's incase you need a taxi!!

They recognized Palestine and the Hezbollah government,

so Thailand wouldn't be hassled by them.

Tons of Hezbollah zealots in Lebanon.

Exactly what I was thinking. They recognised them at the UN a couple days before the 'terroisst' warning, so no reason for Labanon or Iran to be involved, especially when they have their own problems in the middle east.

Another coincidence is I've seen a surprisingly higher number of Isrealies in town recently

How did you identify them? Were they wearing a star on their armbands, and reading the Torah? dry.png

I can generally recognize several Israeli accents. But not 100%,

not that this, or their numbers counted here really matters.

There are specific Israeli gathering places and all you need to do

is walk by and see a much higher percentage than normal.

Not to say all Israeli's go there, but it indicates a increased percentage in general.

Edited by animatic

Further, I hope the small-minded psychopath claiming divine right for his angry stupidity lost, not just both legs, but both <deleted> in the explosion, and that some Katoi near soi Cowboy accidentally had them arrive ala' projectile infamous as cheap and unsavory pickled "onions" in its cocktail...and it then chewed them down to grist before vomiting the unpalatable oysters altogether.

Too much information...er...imagination....blink.png

Dam pretty sad news.

I doubt the Lebanon / Iran connection holds any ground tho. even tho the Americans would like us to believe that.

No, he's just another muslim acting on his own without affiliation to any other organisation. Not.

Edited by giddyup

Apparently they managed to slip by PM Yingluck's own security detail unnoticed, not quite sure how ;P........but the PM has assured the media that the situation is now under control as the explosives have already been detonated and all BiB are to be issued with Burberry body armor.

post-74969-13292193244_thumb.jpg

Haven't been there for some time. But, doesn't Sukhumvit 71 have quite a few mosques along it? Seems a strange place to pull this BS!

Now we should all watch The Four Lions that was their original plan to blow up a mosque.:-)

• Like 1