3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

dam_n thats 2 minutes down the road from my home. I was wondering why there was no traffic while on my way home, now i know why.

No idea why, but this soi in sukumvit is a muslim area with many mosques. Possibly related.

Could it be a jealous boyfriend on valentines day????

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports claim foreigner who was injured threw 1st bomb at taxi & attempted to throw 2nd bomb at police but missed and blew off his legs /TANN

i didn't get it ... the guy who got his leg blown off was the person throwing the bomb ?

Yep, apparantly he tried to throw a bomb at the BiBs but dropped it and it went off on hitting the ground at his feet.

Reports claim foreigner who was injured threw 1st bomb at taxi & attempted to throw 2nd bomb at police but missed and blew off his legs /TANN

i didn't get it ... the guy who got his leg blown off was the person throwing the bomb ?

Thai twitter says that... The farang commit suicide bomb infront of the school. Did not die but leg blown off.

*Deleted quote edited out*

Yes, very true, but if those terrorists are taking that kind of action to Bangkok that is big news.

I would bet this was terrorism at this point, but to say exactly what it was about I think it's too early. In simple terms, related to the international events (Iran and proxies vs. Israel/USA), related to the very long standing internal Southern Thai conflict, or somehow is there a move to merge those two things?

Edited by Scott
Deleted quote edited out

Haven't been there for some time. But, doesn't Sukhumvit 71 have quite a few mosques along it? Seems a strange place to pull this BS!

Suk soi 71 is littered with them, one of the biggest is about soi 30.

Jeez this is just down the road from the Dino snooker club I use.

Haven't been there for some time. But, doesn't Sukhumvit 71 have quite a few mosques along it? Seems a strange place to pull this BS!

There is a Mosque nearby this area.

Maybe not for long - PR is not something practiced here as in Europe and the States, somehow I can't see the state here protecting the rights of Muslims (especially foreign ones) over vengeful Thais. Let's hope this was a lone nutter and it asll blows over.

"All of the injured have been transported to the Kluaynamthai Hospital except for the foreigner who was transported to Chulalongkorn Hospital."

This low life is still alive. Maybe he would appreciate some visitors.

Edited by z12

Arab-looking man launches two bomb attacks in Bangkok

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- An Arab-looking man went berserk throwing two bombs at a taxi and a police and his own legs were cut off by a blast Tuesday afternoon, police said.

Pol Lt Col Witthaya Poonsin, deputy commander of Klong Tan traffic police, said the foreigner, who has yet to be identified, threw the first bomb at a taxi on Soi Pridi Panomyong. The taxi was damaged in the explosion.

Witthaya said the man later walked to the main Sukhumvit 71 Road and when he spotted a police officer, the man tried to lob another bomb at the officer.

The bomb slipped out of his hand and exploded. The blast cut both of his legs and he was rushed to the Chulalongkorn Hospital.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-14

Deputy Metro Police Chief: Iranian loses legs, three others injured in Bangkok bombings; no confirmation of possible terrorism /MCOT

That's rich. No confirmation of terrorism? Was it a picnic in the park then? Edited by Jingthing

"All of the injured have been transported to the Kluaynamthai Hospital except for the foreigner who was transported to Chulalongkorn Hospital."

This low life is still alive. Maybe he would appreciate some visitors.

Why Chulalongkorn Hospital? Chulalongkorn Hospital is a long long way away in Silom, amid Bangkok traffic, it could easily take 45 mins. There are lots of nearer hosipitals, like banrungrad or Samitivate etc.