• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EXPLOSIONS

Two bombs explode in Klongton, bomber injured

The Nation

30175850-01_big.jpg

The injured attacker was identified as Saerb Morabi. Police are hunting for two others suspects.

BANGKOK: -- An Arab-looking man apparently went berserk on Tuesday, separately throwing bombs at a taxi and later at police in Klongton district.

However an explosive fell from his hand and exploded as he was targetting a police officer who approached him and ordered him to stop. The device mutilated the bomber's legs.

Pol Lt Col Witthaya Poonsin, deputy commander of Klong Tan traffic police, said the foreigner, who has yet to be identified, threw the first bomb at a taxi on Soi Pridi Panomyong.

The explosive rolled under the vehicle and exploded, damaging the vehicle. The taxi driver was not injured as he was standing outside the vehicle at the time of the attack.

After the explosion, he ran after the suspect to the main road of Sukhumvit 71.

Witthaya said the man later walked to Sukhumvit 71 Road and when he spotted a police officer, he then tried to grab another bomb from his backpack and apparently tried to throw it at the policeman. The bomb slipped from his hand, fell down to the ground and shattered his legs.

He was rushed to Chulalongkorn Hospital.

Klong Tan police chief Col Sitthiparp Baiprasert said police are checking whether there are still any explosives left.

He added the man was likely an Arab. Initial police enquiries indicated that he was renting a house on Soi Pridi Phanomyong 36. There was also an explosion at the house at 2pm.

He said three foreigners were living at the house but two had fled.

Meanwhile Deputy Bangkok Governor Wallop Suwankhadee said the first explosion was only 500 metres away from Kasem Witthaya School.

Sanchai Boonsoonnern, the driver of the damaged taxi, told the Rawangpai TV programme, that the foreigner suddenly threw a bomb at his vehicle.

The bomb fell on the bonnet of his car and rolled under it before exploding.

The taxi driver was standing outside the vehicle but shouted for help and tried to run after the attacker who ran towards Sukhumvit 71.

Sanchai said the man tried to stop taxis to flee but none picked him up. Sanchai said he saw the man pulled out something from his bag and it fell on the ground and exploded.

Foreign Ministry Spokesman Thani Thongphakdee said it could not be concluded for the time being that the explosions were acts of terrorism. He added that the explosions might not be related to terrorist warning by foreign embassies, which was lifted 10 days ago.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-14

Just an idea, but yesterday a bomb went off attached to an Israeli embassy van in New Dehli, and another bomb was found attached to an embassy car in Tblisi, Georgia. Israel has already blamed Iran for these attacks.

Mossad has been responsible for bombing their own embassies in the past. I would assume the ones in Dehli & Tblisi is to give them reason to bomb iran. Which I would imagine would be coming this year at some point

Assume, imagine, and speculate. Any evidence?

They recognized Palestine and the Hezbollah government, so Thailand wouldn't be hassled by them. Tons of Hezbollah zealots in Lebanon.
Exactly what I was thinking. They recognised them at the UN a couple days before the 'terroisst' warning, so no reason for Labanon or Iran to be involved, especially when they have their own problems in the middle east. Another coincidence is I've seen a surprisingly higher number of Isrealies in town recently

Hezbollah and Palestine? Where you making this stuff up from? Hezbollah is from Lebanon, Palestinians live in the area occupied by the Israelis since 1948 called Palestine. I fail to see your connection. Ah maybe i do....they're both Muslim!

Hmmm not exactly your Grade A target, a taxi. Something else here, I wouldn't be jumping on the Al Queda/US Travel Warning bandwagon just yet. A taxi????

Doesn't sound like a grade A terrorist either. Don't they teach them at terrorist school not to pull a grenade out of your pocket by the pin???

Iranian currency found at scene.....really !!!! now there is coincidence..surpise surpise...and why would Iran bomb anything in Thailand...all in a matter of days Iran is bombing round the world attacking counrties .......I think we all need to read history books and learn from the past and who benefits from this sort of thing. Then you will learn the real causes......very sad of course but sorry for my sketicism but Iran I do not believe has suddely turned to wanting to bomb the world.....adn why Thailand ? I think some people just want a war with Iran.

Some people probably do, but i wouldn't have rated Thailand as a major player in that scenario. I hardly think anyone is going to war on Iran due to a couple of bombs going off in Bangkok.

So, the next time a soverign Western nation issues a travel warning for Thailand, I will expect all those who ridiculed such warnings before to shut up.

And I will expect all those greedy travel and tourism muppets that wanted to march on the US embassy to apologize.

Pathetic.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery to those were injured.

It's about time the anti-American conspiracy theorists came out of the woodwork. Why should Israel be the only "usual suspect"? Yeah, the Americans did it so they could bomb Iran, and so they could show their terror alerts were correct, and deflect criticism... and/or the Israelis did it so they could bomb Iran. Makes a lot of sense.

Edited by Reasonableman
  • Like 2

Just an idea, but yesterday a bomb went off attached to an Israeli embassy van in New Dehli, and another bomb was found attached to an embassy car in Tblisi, Georgia. Israel has already blamed Iran for these attacks.

Mossad has been responsible for bombing their own embassies in the past. I would assume the ones in Dehli & Tblisi is to give them reason to bomb iran. Which I would imagine would be coming this year at some point

Assume, imagine, and speculate. Any evidence?

WOW scarey thing to say

Seriously doubt if this is any kind of terrorist, sure some will shout "told ya so", seems more like a lone nut job with some personal agenda regardless of his "assumed" nationality. If he had been Arab/muslim/iranian....whatever.... with Dollars in his pocket....what the assumption then?

Agreed, could be some southern nutcases lost their way. 2 of the listed names there sound / look a bit "southern".

Hezbollah and Palestine? Where you making this stuff up from? Hezbollah is from Lebanon, Palestinians live in the area occupied by the Israelis since 1948 called Palestine. I fail to see your connection. Ah maybe i do....they're both Muslim!

Thats correct, I never said it Hezbollah was from Palestine. My connection was why would Hezbollah want to target a country who has just recognised Palestine as a state when Hezbollah also support a palestinian state.

• Like 1

February 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Police have identified four people who were injured in Bangkok explosions Tuesday afternoon.

According to police, the four are:

1) Sinchai Boonsoongnern, taxi driver

2) Sangwal Horprasartthong

3) Juthatip Sajjadamrong

4) Apichart Khamlue.

The Nation

Which one of those is the Iranian guy?

None of them - these are the injured Thais - The Iranian has already been named (although only based on Hotel room reservation I believe).

Thats correct, I never said it Hezbollah was from Palestine. My connection was why would Hezbollah want to target a country who has just recognised Palestine as a state when Hezbollah also support a palestinian state.

very true, world press say iran

For all the posters here, especially if you live here.......please take note :-

Tourism Authority of Thailand = TAT

Telecommunications Organisation of Thailand = TOT.

Please use the right acronym because I am sure the poo-yai at TOT are fretting about why they now have the mandate to promote Thailand as a tourism destination and probably all checking their job-descriptions. They're easily confused as it is.

• Like 1

I deplore terrorism and anyone who causes violence to any human being......but...Iranian currency found at scene.....really !!!! now there is a coincidence..surpise surpise...and why would Iran bomb anything in Thailand...all in a matter of days Iran is bombing round the world attacking countries .......I think we all need to read history books and learn from the past and who benefits from this sort of thing. Then you will learn the real causes......very sad of course but sorry for my sketicism but Iran I do not believe has suddely turned to wanting to bomb the world.....and why Thailand ? why a taxi driver ? I think some people just want a war with Iran.....my apologies for my cyncism but perhaps twenty years of reading hsitory books and knowing how politics is played out on the world stage I belive nothing I see on CNN, BBC or in the papers anymore; and anyone who was in Thailand during the protests may just remember how biased and false the BBC and CNN news was.....you cannot believe anything anymore. Often there are hidden agendas and misinformation. I am so sad that this is being played out in Thaiand..whoever is behind it are vile

one of the most plausible posts here, thank you.

Not even a body bomb.

One goes off in his house, one thrown at a taxi and then.. another screw up.

One of two possibilities...drugged up or indebted to someone who got him to do it, badly. and a grenade type device is pretty easy to get, anywhere, if you are that way inclined and basically twisted in the head

• Like 2

They recognized Palestine and the Hezbollah government,

so Thailand wouldn't be hassled by them.

Tons of Hezbollah zealots in Lebanon.

Exactly what I was thinking. They recognised them at the UN a couple days before the 'terroisst' warning, so no reason for Labanon or Iran to be involved, especially when they have their own problems in the middle east.

Another coincidence is I've seen a surprisingly higher number of Isrealies in town recently

Anywhere with a Israeli embassy is a target. Problems at home is reason enough to do stuff like this abroad. More chaos, less clear focus on themselfs. Thats a good thing when you want to build the mother of all bombs, or just slaughter your own people into submission.

"he this guy loose leggs think he will find 10 virgin in paradise i hope he loose his dick in same time is legg fuc...ing people i hope he have pain and we put mirror for he can see himself everyday like plant in front of school look dirty people

no human can do that you are animal and i hope in jail people will hurt you all rest of your live"

Feed him only ham sandwiches for the length of his incarceration.

All sounds well odd. What would a Lebanese or Iranian man be doing throwing a small bomb at a taxi and another at the police near soi 71? Doesn't sound like a professional suicide bomber yet alone a terrorist me thinks. Wonder what each authority will concoct as a reason.

• Like 2

I bet if that is true they will find you Bye Bye Fool

Do you have sources (other then the Iranian misinformation ministry), or are you one of the tinfoil hat crazy Bagdag Bob wannebies?

• Like 1