3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

Seriously doubt if this is any kind of terrorist, sure some will shout "told ya so", seems more like a lone nut job with some personal agenda regardless of his "assumed" nationality. If he had been Arab/muslim/iranian....whatever.... with Dollars in his pocket....what the assumption then?

Agreed, could be some southern nutcases lost their way. 2 of the listed names there sound / look a bit "southern".

Are you implying that the victims had something to do with this and are lone nutcases? Besides the bomber, the only other released names are the victims.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the update in Bangkok Post which reported that:

'he threw a bomb at police that hit a tree and bounced back towards him and exploded'

I thank the tree for saving the policeman and others. I hope the terrorist will now let on who are his other accomplices!

RT @Aim_NT: PM Yingluck asks ppl not to panic saying suspect's been arrested waiting 4 police, intelligent agency conclusion. TR @nikhon_

They managed to catch him then?

Yeah he tried to leg it into a passing taxi, but that plan was blown to bits when he dropped a clanger.

• Like 1

I read the update in Bangkok Post which reported that:

'he threw a bomb at police that hit a tree and bounced back towards him and exploded'

I thank the tree for saving the policeman and others. I hope the terrorist will now let on who are his other accomplices!

Som nom na - ha ha ha!!!

Just an idea, but yesterday a bomb went off attached to an Israeli embassy van in New Dehli, and another bomb was found attached to an embassy car in Tblisi, Georgia. Israel has already blamed Iran for these attacks.

Mossad has been responsible for bombing their own embassies in the past. I would assume the ones in Dehli & Tblisi is to give them reason to bomb iran. Which I would imagine would be coming this year at some point

Mossad = many instances of false flag terror attacks

And now it's a good time to false-flag Iran

An Iranian terrorist, on orders from Teheran no doubt, throwing bombs in Sukhumvit 71 !!!

LOL LOL LOL

• Like 2

Just an idea, but yesterday a bomb went off attached to an Israeli embassy van in New Dehli, and another bomb was found attached to an embassy car in Tblisi, Georgia. Israel has already blamed Iran for these attacks.

Mossad has been responsible for bombing their own embassies in the past. I would assume the ones in Dehli & Tblisi is to give them reason to bomb iran. Which I would imagine would be coming this year at some point

An Iranian terrorist, on orders from Teheran no doubt, throwing bombs in Sukhumvit 71 !!!

LOL LOL LOL

and its only walking distance away from the Israeli embassy

Israel doesn't need a new reason to bomb Iran's nuclear program sites. They already have the reason. The only reason they haven't attacked yet ( and may never attack) is whether it is determined that such attacks would actually accomplish the goal (significantly delaying the Iranian program) and/or whether it would be worth the blowback which the Israelis know will involve many Israeli casualties in retaliation. Wake up and smell the falafel -- Israel and Iran are already at war, the question now is how it may or may not escalate. These conspiracy theory tin foil hatters here are the same ilk that blame Israel for the 911 attacks. Sadly this kind of propaganda is widely believed as truth in the Muslim world.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Better not hear any more complaining about my country sending out warnings from any of our little armchair thaivisa cynics.

Terrible event, and in places where a lot of foreigners frequent and wouldn't expect. Everyone be careful and safe. I'll be passing garbage cans with care too, as in the past those were the sites of a lot of little attacks from cowards in and around BKK.

Could it be that by America saying that Thailand will be a terrorist target made it just that?

Or at least a target of a lone idiot.... Terrorism I doubt...

Rubber dinghy rapids bruv..

Was wondering how long it would take before this was insinuated as Americas' fault

RT @tulsathit: Yingluck receives briefing on the Bkk bomb incidents with grim face. Chalerm orders prompt investigation. via @Neaw_NBC

Don't worry Charlerm. Your comments and your crew's are noted

""People often believe in what the United States has to say, though sometimes the information can be inaccurate," he said, urging the US to be more careful about making announcements that could adversely affect Thailand in the future."

"Everything is alright now," he said.

The guy is pretty self-invalidating, isn't he? wink.png

• Like 1

LOL LOL LOL

Total BS Israeli Embassy is on Sukhumvit Soi 19

• Like 1

LOL LOL LOL

So why was he trying to get a taxi???

• Like 1

LOL LOL LOL

Perhaps he was trying to catch the first taxi - if you were carrying a load of unstable devices, would you get on the sukhumvit BTS line in the afternoon?

Mad as a march hare, driver didn't want to go to ***** tower........ (self-edited not to point out the address, even though you could use google maps.....)

• Like 1

PM informed of bombings in BKK; Defense Minister Sukumpol checking whether they're terrorism attempt /TANN

How much 'checking' would one need to do to assert that this was indeed a terrorist attempt?!!!!

It is always best for authorities to be on the safe side. It could have been a mafia shootout. It could have been an explosion mistaken for a bomb. Look at Oslo 22. July. There was not a person in Norway that didnt think "muslim" when the bomb exploded outside government building. All where proven wrong half an hour later when the full story started to unfold.

Lets hope the bomber survives and can spend the rest of his life looking at two missing legs. Hopefull it includes a missing penis and testicles.

Hezbollah link and link to the arrested guy some weeks ago, or the attacks yesterday? Seems likely. Amateur? Most likely. Most terrorists are. If police is looking for more suspects, I would be very carefull in Bangkok right now. While the result of this guys work was pathetic and bordering to comic, he could have done some serious damage with a bag filled with pipe bombs or other DIY grenades. Maybe the arrest some weeks ago forced them to improvise. Most likely we will never know.

Foreign Ministry seeks cooperation from Iran on 3 bomb suspects

BANGKOK: -- The Thai Foreign Ministry has sought cooperation from Iran to check backgrounds of three of its citizens who rented a house on Soi Sukhumvit 71 which exploded, Deputy PM's Secretary-General Thitima Chaisaeng said.

She said the Foreign Ministry asked the Iranian government to checked the three Iranian men's backgrounds to see whether they belonged to a terrorist group and why they entered Thailand.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-14

Will we be honoured by yet another meaningless speech about how everything is under control of this government, that the police is there, no worry, that foreign embassies should just remove terror warnings because tourism is at stake?

Will we, really? Or will we be spared that for a couple of days?

LOL LOL LOL

This argument is the same delusional tack taken by many Muslims after 9/11; claiming the twin towers were destroyed by Israeli undercover agents who were trying to incite western hatred toward the Muslim world. I listened to a Muslim taxi driver in Cambodia tell that story over and over on an 8-hour journey, until I felt like throttling him just to shut up his inane pronouncements.

There will always be a conspiracy theorist and anti-Semitic apologist in every crowd--including ThaiVisa know-it-alls. coffee1.gif

PM urges public not to panic following Sukhumvit bombing

February 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Tuesday urged the public not to panic over three explosions in Bangkok's Sukhumvit 71 Road related to three Iranians.

She said police and intelligence agencies are investigating the case.

"I would like to ask the people not to panic. The authorities have now arrested an attacker," Yingluck said.

The Nation

So 3 Iranians now linked - looks a bit more fishy, maybe this was just a dumbarse terrorist that shot his load too early

Edited by wolf5370