3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

I think everyone boasting about how stupid the Thai officials are and how perfect the American intelligence is should understand that the truth lies somewhere in between.

Was it not the CIA that failed to detect 9/11 ??

Was it not the Thai police who managed to capture suspects last month ??

Get off your horse and face reality.............it has now been proven that there were two active terrorist cells in Sukhumvit area.

Try spending less time crowing on the internet and more time being observant if you live in that area.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horny?

I think that means that their male hormone (testosterone) levels are adequate, or more than adequate.

I hope so. I agreed with much of what he said in their description but it is bad enough to think about these religious nut jobs wanting to prey on me let alone some guy with a walking hard-on that is held bent on killing people to achieve orgasm.

I think if you read the post again you will see what he is getting at.

Because of the distorted relationship between the sexes in much of the Islamic world young men are both unable to have sex, and are taught to fear and condemn their own perfectly natural sexual desires. This simultaneous attraction to and disgust for normal sexuality makes them conflicted (and horny).

Add to that their religion's assurance that if they die in martyrdom they will go to paradise, where they will be given 72 virgins to have sex with (somehow that's now OK) and perhaps the adjective horny used in relation to terrorists doesn't seem so odd.

thanks Partington for explaining this further for the rest. For those that find this surprising, it isn't new information. Deprive these guys through their devotion to their faith and promise them everything they can't have in the afterlife and they are eager to get there asap.

• Like 2

I think you have your in-stinks confused.

If someone were "under surveillance" would it not be logical to already know who it was that you had under surveillance? Seriously? "it was reported that the Thais were checking with the Iran embassy" Seriously? was this before or after they were under surveillance? Perhaps their heads were too deep in the sand.

I believe there is a good chance they knew the names they were traveling under while (if) they were keeping an eye on them. And no, it would be completely illogical to have them check with the Iran embassy before concerning their identity if there was suspicions the Iran government could be involved.

Please enlighten us. Was this before or after he received Thai residence status? I am quiet certain many would like to know how someone of "Unknown" origin could hold such a status.

An Iranian man arrested in connection with Tuesday's blasts in Bangkok has been stripped of Thai residence status, Immigration Police chief Pol Lt-General Wibool Bangthamai said yesterday.

Your own link states:

Israel's ambassador to Thailand, Yitzhak Shoham, said Morabi was connected to a terror network behind recent bombing incidents in India and Georgia

Do you suspect Israel has now been able to link him to a specific terror network or did they have his name on file before? If they did have his name on file then it would seem they would have been aware he was traveling under his own name, had entered Thailand and had applied for residency in Thailand. And given the recent intelligence reports over the last months of terror suspects operating in Bangkok, it would seem logical they would be keeping an eye on any persons with even suspected ties to a terrorist network.

And as for your question. It was reported in the news that they were checking with the Iran embassy regarding their identities after the bombing. As we all know (except maybe you) that applying for various visa statuses doesn't require that immigration check with your embassy to make sure your documents are real and that you are who you say you are.

And to enlighten you further ... stating you have a suspicion of something is not the same as knowing something or being sure of something and certainly not being able to prove something. So, it is kind of idiotic to ask somebody to prove their suspicions. But you appear to be doing a good job of making me even more suspicious about the possibility they were keeping an eye on these folks before the bombing.

And by the way ... I also suspect he was not have been a permanent resident. You might want to look up all that is involved in becoming one. The first is that you live here under a continuous non-immigrant Visa with with unbroken yearly extensions for 3-years before you can even apply for this highly limited available status.

I suspect nothing nor made any such claims. I remain neutral calling it as it is seen to the world. How long does it take to "apply for residency"? Most are told you must reside in Thailand 3 consecutive years and hold 3 consecutive 1 year visas before one can apply. How is it this person did? Friends in power? Paid the right passage? Friend of a friend? And as apparently you have forgotten, harboring "assassins", knowingly allowing them refuge and looking the other way while "exporting" harmful wares is against the grain.

Once again if he was under surveillance why would you not already know you were watching? Is that normal investigative procedure? Blind eye perhaps? No one asked you to prove your suspicions.

The only eye Thais had on these guys were watching the foreigners wallets and the fact he left a good tip. Other than that, there is no indication of anything else they watching. "Just look busy after it happened" normal procedure and cover it up as quickly as possible, keep the cartoons on TV, nothing to see here, just a little argument between buddies. Is that about right?

Yes I think your immigration police chief and the rest of the world will like that answered as well, How did he get residence status? coffee1.gif

I believe there is a good chance they knew the names they were traveling under while (if) they were keeping an eye on them. And no, it would be completely illogical to have them check with the Iran embassy before concerning their identity if there was suspicions the Iran government could be involved.

Please enlighten us. Was this before or after he received Thai residence status? I am quiet certain many would like to know how someone of "Unknown" origin could hold such a status.

An Iranian man arrested in connection with Tuesday's blasts in Bangkok has been stripped of Thai residence status, Immigration Police chief Pol Lt-General Wibool Bangthamai said yesterday.

Your own link states:

Israel's ambassador to Thailand, Yitzhak Shoham, said Morabi was connected to a terror network behind recent bombing incidents in India and Georgia

Do you suspect Israel has now been able to link him to a specific terror network or did they have his name on file before? If they did have his name on file then it would seem they would have been aware he was traveling under his own name, had entered Thailand and had applied for residency in Thailand. And given the recent intelligence reports over the last months of terror suspects operating in Bangkok, it would seem logical they would be keeping an eye on any persons with even suspected ties to a terrorist network.

And as for your question. It was reported in the news that they were checking with the Iran embassy regarding their identities after the bombing. As we all know (except maybe you) that applying for various visa statuses doesn't require that immigration check with your embassy to make sure your documents are real and that you are who you say you are.

And to enlighten you further ... stating you have a suspicion of something is not the same as knowing something or being sure of something and certainly not being able to prove something. So, it is kind of idiotic to ask somebody to prove their suspicions. But you appear to be doing a good job of making me even more suspicious about the possibility they were keeping an eye on these folks before the bombing.

And by the way ... I also suspect he was not have been a permanent resident. You might want to look up all that is involved in becoming one. The first is that you live here under a continuous non-immigrant Visa with with unbroken yearly extensions for 3-years before you can even apply for this highly limited available status.

I suspect nothing nor made any such claims. I remain neutral calling it as it is seen to the world. How long does it take to "apply for residency"? Most are told you must reside in Thailand 3 consecutive years and hold 3 consecutive 1 year visas before one can apply. How is it this person did? Friends in power? Paid the right passage? Friend of a friend? And as apparently you have forgotten, harboring "assassins", knowingly allowing them refuge and looking the other way while "exporting" harmful wares is against the grain.

Once again if he was under surveillance why would you not already know you were watching? Is that normal investigative procedure? Blind eye perhaps? No one asked you to prove your suspicions.

The only eye Thais had on these guys were watching the foreigners wallets and the fact he left a good tip. Other than that, there is no indication of anything else they watching. "Just look busy after it happened" normal procedure and cover it up as quickly as possible, keep the cartoons on TV, nothing to see here, just a little argument between buddies. Is that about right?

Yes I think your immigration police chief and the rest of the world will like that answered as well, How did he get residence status? coffee1.gif

I am not sure what you are saying I said you said or claimed.

I suspect he didn't have residency status. You cannot believe everything you read in the days after an incident like this ... especially when you need to be concerned with translations or somebody making statements in other than their native language.

But if he did have residency status then I am sure we will hear more about this down the road ... especially in an investigation like this were details are coming out very quickly including right from the start in terms of identifying all suspects almost immediately as well as getting word to authorities at the airport. Obviously the one that got busted at the airport had no clue what-so-ever they would have been able to catch on to his identity so quickly. As well, the police SUV (not motorbike) arrived on the scene at incredible speed for Thailand. Clearly this is a case where Thai police have uncharacteristically been both incredibly fast, detailed and thorough in their handling.

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

Thai police have uncharacteristically been both incredibly fast, detailed and thorough in their handling.

Or the Thai police had this information, or some of it handed to them weeks or months back when the warnings went up - then they sat around until ...

Horny?

Yes Horny. Do you think these guys are eager to meet their heavenly virgins so they can play chess?

If you really believe this then either you have serious sexual issues or are just simply very ignorant about what makes terrorist and suicide bombers tick (no pun intended).

Oh wow.

You know I have no desire to get into a pissing match on ThaiVisa with somebody I don't know. I find it ridiculous when I see it myself so to participate now would by hypocritical.

No need to debate, just do a little reading on the topic. Here are the top for hits from Google for Suicide Bomber Profile. I didn't read them but I bet you won't find the words sexual desires or virgins in any of these profiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_attack#Profile_of_attackers

http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/transcripts/2003/mar/030307.joyce.html

http://www.threatrate.com/MEDIA/THEEVERCHANGINGPROFILEOFTHESUICIDEBOMBER/tabid/83/Default.aspx

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5257052

Thai police have uncharacteristically been both incredibly fast, detailed and thorough in their handling.

Or the Thai police had this information, or some of it handed to them weeks or months back when the warnings went up - then they sat around until ...

Could be the case too. And I am not so sure if somebody was watching that it was the Thais but probably the US or Israeli assets with the Thais not too involved. And if that is the case, after the incident my guess is these assets have been feeding a lot of info to the Thai authorities.

Edited by Nisa

I have news for the people playing semantics saying the were not terrorists they were assassins. First off were not talking about a trained sniper shooting at israelis were talking about C4 being stuck to cars and being remotely detonated in bangkok traffic injuring and killing thai people along with their target. If that had happened dont you think people might be a little scared therefor causing "terror"?

Also when things didnt go as planned they throw granades at 2 people (both thai by the way not israeli)

The fact that the plan "blew up" on them so to speak does not mean that if they had not screwed things up and went ahead as planned i dont think anyone in their right mind would be saying these people are not terrorists.

That certainly is the case.

Terrorism is not just about blowing up large groups,

but about sowing fear to make things go your way.

I was all around Suk 50-80 last week and this makes me uneasy.

Actually I have read articles by psychologists that say sexual anxiety is one of the contributing factors to creating terrorists and particularly suicide bombers. Obviously psychology isn't an exact science but they do present a fairly convincing case.

Well they certainly went off prematurely in this instance. cowboy.gif

I think everyone boasting about how stupid the Thai officials are and how perfect the American intelligence is should understand that the truth lies somewhere in between.

Get off your horse and face reality.............it has now been proven that there were two active terrorist cells in Sukhumvit area.

Try spending less time crowing on the internet and more time being observant if you live in that area.

Of course it was obvious they were AIMED at the suspects so they could take the credit.

If not actually dragged kicking and screaming to the site.

Edited by animatic

Nisa the objective observer posted the statement below.

No need to debate, just do a little reading on the topic. Here are the top for hits from Google for Suicide Bomber Profile. I didn't read them but I bet you won't find the words sexual desires or virgins in any of these profiles.

http://en.wikipedia....le_of_attackers

http://www.npr.org/p...0307.joyce.html

http://www.threatrat...83/Default.aspx

http://www.npr.org/t...storyId=5257052

Of course Nisa did not read the links he posted. Now that is being objective. No way to know if you are right or wrong. Kind of a interesting idea.

I might add to objectify things up a bit, one might try googling " Is sexual frustration driving Muslim youth to militant Islam?"

Of course don't read the results that would be too easy.

Orac said, "So why was he trying to get a taxi???"

Because a bomb had already gone off accidently at his residence. He, and two other terrorists were hauling ass to get away. He must have grabbed a few grenades on his way out to facilitate his escape.

The taxi refused to pick him up because he was already covered in blood. He panicked, and in anger, threw the grenade at the taxi.

It will be interesting to see what is discovered at the place that had the accidental explosion.

If hezbolla is training southern muslims in jihad, things will get exponentially worse.

There are at least two more terrorists in Bangkok that fled the scene after the first explosion.

I am surprised by the amount of muslim terrorist sympathizers on the board, and that doesn't bode well for the future of Thailand.

The police should arrest at once all muslim terrorist sympathizers on this board.

They are the 5th column

I don't think they all should be arrested. However, those supporting terrorism may have ties to terrorist cells in Thailand.

Investigated, yes. Blacklisted, possibly.

Some Muslims believe that the only way to guarantee going to Paradise to is by participating in Jihad and the virgins are just part of the whole fantastic package. This is probably the main reason that some Muslims are willing to strap on a bomb.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Nisa the objective observer posted the statement below.

http://en.wikipedia....le_of_attackers

http://www.npr.org/p...0307.joyce.html

http://www.threatrat...83/Default.aspx

http://www.npr.org/t...storyId=5257052

Of course Nisa did not read the links he posted. Now that is being objective. No way to know if you are right or wrong. Kind of a interesting idea.

I might add to objectify things up a bit, one might try googling " Is sexual frustration driving Muslim youth to militant Islam?"

Of course don't read the results that would be too easy.

I don't need to read the articles because I am already aware that suicide bombers are not stupid horny young men looking for a quick pass into heaven where they will be granted virgins. And of course, I am extremely confident not one of the search results will say anything different or even get into anything about virgins.

As for your wanting me to do a Google search on a totally unrelated topic, maybe another time. If the search was relevant and not likely to provide some idiot personal view and rather an actual study or scientific data then I might be interested.

As for objectivity .. what in the world does that have to do with not needing to read material you already know the answer????? Should I be objective and keep trying different calculators the rest of my life to be objective as to whether 2+2 is really 4?

Edited by Nisa

Some Muslims believe that the only way to guarantee going to Paradise to is by participating in Jihad and the virgins are just part of the whole fantastic package.

To understand fully what you are saying, and I don't disagree, is that you have to understand what Jihad means. To non-extremists it simply means a struggle within ones own self against sinning. As with any religion, there are warped perceptions and in the case of suicide bombers or the folks that do things such as kill in the name of Christ, it is usually because somebody has been able to manipulate them. They are able to do this often because of a person character or mental condition (not because they are horny). There are also a good number of suicide bombers who are actually old or dying of cancer or for whatever reason are read to depart this life but want to leave in a way that insures their family will be taken care and/or they are remembered for something.

Edited by Nisa

Although you would kill many westerners if you attacked one of the red light districts, I'm not sure it would have the desired effect. I'm guessing many people back home would not be that outraged or terrorized by a group perceived to be killing sexpats. And not sure how many victim's families would want the name of their loved one being in the press or on some memorial commemorating the attacks where there loved one was killed upstairs of a working girl bar while in a short time room.

You guess wrong. Sexual services are quite readily available in Bali, yet those killed in a bomb attack there were not perceived as lesser humans even though they were in a bar, drinking alcohol, possibly partaking in recreational drugs (also very much available) and enjoying the company of the local ladies, or not.

They were seen as "innocents" in that they were minding their own business when killed by half-wiited religious fanatics brainwashed from infancy to believe bronze age myths. IMHO religious education of those too young to decide for themselves is child abuse.

If you are talking about the huge bombing that Bin Laden took responsibility for (saying they were aimed at the US) and occurred not long after 9/11 that destroyed and damaged a couple night clubs, people homes and killed more than 200 people & injuring another 500+ ... There is a huge difference between a tourist nightclubs & discos and a Red Light district as well as the size of bomb vs. what these guys were cable of. The majority of the people killed in this incident were foreigners. I specifically said a Red Light district and not a Bangkok Night club where prostitutes may happen to also be.

Yes, a much much different scenario above than Islams terrorist version of Larry, Moe and Curly with a couple bombs that can't even level a Thai house or Taxi or even a single person apparently.. beyond their legs.

I didn't by any means say nobody would care but simply stated it might not have the same desired effect. If you were aware of the religious views of many people in the US, you'd understand that a number of them would see a bombing of a red light district as a sort of justice being served here on earth.

And the other Iranians were accumulating tonnes of fertilizer for export. Right. You also ignore the fact that only a small portion of the C4 was actually detonated - other bombs and explosives were found in the house.

In the view of the religious maniacs the difference between the bombed nightclubs in Bali and Nana bear very little difference. Whether those willing to look down on the "ungodly" are in the Middle East or the Midwest makes no difference at all to me - they all show the effects of the brainwashing into ridiculous belief inflicted on them as infants evolutionarily conditioned to believe what they are told by authority figures.

Some Muslims believe that the only way to guarantee going to Paradise to is by participating in Jihad and the virgins are just part of the whole fantastic package. This is probably the main reason that some Muslims are willing to strap on a bomb.

And VERY strange they don't look for paradise on earth eh, BUT, of course they are NOT allowed too, very strange.

Of course it was obvious they were AIMED at the suspects so they could take the credit.

Absolutely ridiculuous, get over yourself. The Thais face terrorism every day, you are suggesting cowardice on their part, you are out of order.

Some Muslims believe that the only way to guarantee going to Paradise to is by participating in Jihad and the virgins are just part of the whole fantastic package.

To understand fully what you are saying, and I don't disagree, is that you have to understand what Jihad means. To non-extremists it simply means a struggle within ones own self against sinning. As with any religion, there are warped perceptions and in the case of suicide bombers or the folks that do things such as kill in the name of Christ, it is usually because somebody has been able to manipulate them. They are able to do this often because of a person character or mental condition (not because they are horny). There are also a good number of suicide bombers who are actually old or dying of cancer or for whatever reason are read to depart this life but want to leave in a way that insures their family will be taken care and/or they are remembered for something.

It is nice to have a Muslim explain why Muslim people do what they do. Perhaps we could have a Christian explain why so many people are killing in the name of Christ. I don't know where Christians are doing this today and I do believe we are talking about current things in this thread and not ancient history. But then I am not a Christian so I don't know where today's Christians are are doing the killing.

Do you honestly believe that there are no CIA operatives in LOS ?.

They ARE here, and providing info for natives to act on. BUT, they will not inform numnuts like yourself of what they are achieving. rolleyes.gif

Although you would kill many westerners if you attacked one of the red light districts, I'm not sure it would have the desired effect. I'm guessing many people back home would not be that outraged or terrorized by a group perceived to be killing sexpats. And not sure how many victim's families would want the name of their loved one being in the press or on some memorial commemorating the attacks where there loved one was killed upstairs of a working girl bar while in a short time room.

You guess wrong. Sexual services are quite readily available in Bali, yet those killed in a bomb attack there were not perceived as lesser humans even though they were in a bar, drinking alcohol, possibly partaking in recreational drugs (also very much available) and enjoying the company of the local ladies, or not.

They were seen as "innocents" in that they were minding their own business when killed by half-wiited religious fanatics brainwashed from infancy to believe bronze age myths. IMHO religious education of those too young to decide for themselves is child abuse.

If you are talking about the huge bombing that Bin Laden took responsibility for (saying they were aimed at the US) and occurred not long after 9/11 that destroyed and damaged a couple night clubs, people homes and killed more than 200 people & injuring another 500+ ... There is a huge difference between a tourist nightclubs & discos and a Red Light district as well as the size of bomb vs. what these guys were cable of. The majority of the people killed in this incident were foreigners. I specifically said a Red Light district and not a Bangkok Night club where prostitutes may happen to also be.

Yes, a much much different scenario above than Islams terrorist version of Larry, Moe and Curly with a couple bombs that can't even level a Thai house or Taxi or even a single person apparently.. beyond their legs.

I didn't by any means say nobody would care but simply stated it might not have the same desired effect. If you were aware of the religious views of many people in the US, you'd understand that a number of them would see a bombing of a red light district as a sort of justice being served here on earth.

And the other Iranians were accumulating tonnes of fertilizer for export. Right. You also ignore the fact that only a small portion of the C4 was actually detonated - other bombs and explosives were found in the house.

In the view of the religious maniacs the difference between the bombed nightclubs in Bali and Nana bear very little difference. Whether those willing to look down on the "ungodly" are in the Middle East or the Midwest makes no difference at all to me - they all show the effects of the brainwashing into ridiculous belief inflicted on them as infants evolutionarily conditioned to believe what they are told by authority figures.

What other Iranians? You mean the Swede from Lebanon arrested a few weeks ago? Honestly I really didn't follow that story and haven't heard a connection between these guys and him but wouldn't be surprised either way. I really don't want to debate the perception issue of Nana vs Bali night clubs and was simply expressing some random thoughts/speculation because somebody kept posting they were targeting Nana as if he knew something we all didn't. Anyway, sometimes I get carried aware debating something that really isn't anything I strongly believe as is the case with this Nana thing.

As for your second paragraph, I couldn't agree with you more.

Edited by Nisa

Someone raised a good point above to counter all the wingnut conspiracy theorists posting here...

The third bomber just arrested in Malaysia was caught just before his planned airplane flight back to Tehran...

If that guy really was some kind of plant or "false flag" actor, is Tehran really the place he'd be fleeing back to???

BTW, I've been meaning to add... saw the funniest thing I've read here on ThaiVisa in ages the other day...

In the wake of the blasts, some Thai official was quoted as saying Thailand planned to ask Iran for info on the bombers and whether they were on Iran's terrorist watch list!!!

Does Iran even have a terrorist watch list? And if they do, would it conceivably have any Iranians on it (as opposed to Jews, Americans, etc etc...)

I'm sure Iran is likely to be very forthcoming in responding to Thailand's request for info on these guys... very sure.... bah.gif

Laughs aside, they do probably have something of the sort.

There are some organisations, movements and minority groups opposing the Irani regime.

And VERY strange they don't look for paradise on earth eh, BUT, of course they are NOT allowed too, very strange.

They don't believe in many modern conveniences either but have no issue with getting their hands on the most modern surface to air missiles or using a computer to further their terrorist desires.

They ARE here, and providing info for natives to act on. BUT, they will not inform numnuts like yourself of what they are achieving. rolleyes.gif

I can't believe you have posted that against your name. Are u blushing yet?

Absolutely ridiculuous, get over yourself. The Thais face terrorism every day, you are suggesting cowardice on their part, you are out of order.

Not at all, I am suggesting

they weren't the ones tracking the perpetrators,

and the site was pointed out to them by others, Israel and US,

but they were reluctant to move, till the story got to big to hide.

And I am suggesting greed trumps all.

Edited by animatic

No they won't tell him but of course they will keep you up to speed

I can't believe you have posted that against your name. Are u blushing yet?

Never blush, oooops, only when l come out the shower and my mrs IS THERE. giggle.gif