Malaysian police arrest couples on Valentine's Day

News_Editor

Malaysian police arrest couples on Valentine's Day

2012-02-14 17:39:23 GMT+7 (ICT)

PETALING JAYA, MALAYSIA (BNO NEWS) -- Islamic morality police have arrested at least five couples in a Malaysian city for being intimate on Valentine's Day, local media reported on Tuesday. It follows similar operations in previous years.

The Star, the country's largest newspaper, reported that the couples were arrested at budget hotels in the Malaysian city of Petaling Jaya in the state of Selangor. The raids began at 12:30 a.m. local time and continued throughout the night, concluding at around 4 a.m. local time.

The five couples were arrested by officers from the Selangor Islamic Affairs Department (Jais) for alleged khalwa, an Islamic law that prevents unmarried Muslims from being alone with someone of the opposite sex. Those arrested were identified as men and women between the ages of 20 and 30, the report said.

If convicted, those arrested on Tuesday face a jail sentence of up to two years and a fine of up to 3,000 Malaysian ringgit ($984).

Last year, during an operation called Ops Valentine, Islamic morality police in Malaysia also arrested more than 80 people for alleged khalwa. Another 61 people were also hauled up for 'indecent behavior' and were enlisted for counseling sessions with the department.

In 2005, Malaysia's Islamic authorities issued a fatwa to prevent Muslims from celebrating Valentine's Day since it is associated with vice activities that are prohibited in Islam.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-02-14

Islamic Morality Police? Malaysia has them?

They're less active in KL. Petronas doesn't care what they do in the countryside; but Allah would not save them from Petronas but if they tried that crap in KL - I'm quite certain Petronas could arrange the 'meeting'. Morality police are like bullies. They pick and choose their fights with a cowardice that reeks with the stench of religious contradiction.

"Religious tolerance", come on people! A little decency, please.

Then when the timing is 'right', it will be Crusades III.

The denial of those who dabble in hypocrisy is an exploitable thing. Just ask them redact a verse or two. Like "I am the Lord, your God. Thou Shalt Have No Other gods, before Me" - just one of the commandments, the first piece of legislation ever written. And ask them why they're breaking the Law of God.

They won't like it, because they'll be worried. Maybe you've actually read your Holy Book? They will be afraid of that. It's for them to read to you, at their discretion; they'd prefer it if no one read at all. Definitely not girls. It's hard to desecrate girls who have the ability to discern...options. An alternative to you? Eeek.

Allah has some things to say about what you're allowed to do to women, but they are hardly printable. You'll have to read the Qur'an or use Google.

The Bible can't offend anyone though. You'd be surprised how quickly they censor your questions, but then they're not ashamed. They're shameless.

This is what I think of "religious tolerance".

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

No, hah - I was confused. That's not what I think. That's what you think, or don't realise you think...yet. But then maybe you should read your Holy Books, don't you think?

I wasn't being rhetorical. Do you - think - at all? Or you let them handle that for you. That's cool, but then not if you have children. I have it on Good Authority, those with an interest in handling children shouldn't be allowed within a kilometre or 10,000 km, of a kindergarten. God doesn't care for Choirgirls? Oh hah - there I go getting confused again. That's not what God thinks. That's what you prefer not to think about.

Women with child, ripped open. Babies smashed into pieces against well, whatever you smash babies into pieces against. I'm embarrassed, my ignorance gives me away. I've never actually been to a war. I guess, bullets or machetes would work. Good enough for government work. God's work.

Separation of Church and State. God, you're adorable when you do that. Power loves to play nicely with Power, just like when some states in a Union, decided to test their options. They learned a lesson about options, as if they were a Muslim bride, aged 9. Or 90. It's funny - no really - it's hilarious.

Because they don't have any!! LMAO!!

Screen%20Shot%202012-02-15%20at%207.44.54%20AM.png

Hosea 13:16. Chapter and verse. The literal word of God. He's really sweet. A big teddy bear, really.

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

He has a problem with women though, and children. And gays. And men who won't die or kill when he tells them to. He doesn't need to explain himself. Actually, he goes out of his way to make that point; killing to make that point. Don't try to understand Him. Don't ask questions, like why Middle Men stand between you and your God that loves you. Don't look back, in sympathy at those who do. lol@Mrs Lot, amirite? Tree-hugging liberal.

Don't think of the children! Whatever you do.

Like the children who are screaming, but you've blocked your ears like children who don't want to listen. Singing and mumbling over the top of you trying to convince them that NOW is a really good time to stop playing, and run. Oh I'm not as jovial about the subject as I might be, if I could have convinced some of them to run with me. I was a child of religion. I heard how sweet it was, when I misjudged badly; and in desperation or arrogance, very nearly found myself - cared for - as well. Never saw a thing, no thanks to Christ. I have eyelids that close, and I can turn my eyes away. Hey Jesus was doing it - but I daren't ask him why. For the same reasons I daren't block out my ears. I don't have earlids like you.

I hear the screams. They sound like you, when you scream at reality to go away.

See this world needs a big flood, right. To wash clean all your filth and denial and mysticism away. But then, no one thinks of the children. What have they done, to deserve death by drowning? Noah's Ark can't hold 4 billion, can it? Every living, breathing thing. Washed clean away, killed to make the Utopia you live in today. God has a problem with rage, he should see a shrink. Some placebos might work? The power of suggestion is a remarkable thing.

Am I right or am I right, 'moderate' religions?

"Do you want Hell with that?"

Screen%20Shot%202012-02-15%20at%207.24.04%20AM.png

You probably don't even realise when you're being insulted, anymore. You probably mistake insults for 'caring'. They care to insult you. It's really very sweet. But then you scream "Just Lie to Me!!" because you can't handle Truth.

You could. But then you were prepped, with Fantasy. They meant well, your parents, I mean. So did the guys who convinced them to 'protect' their children from Reality, with Fantasy. They had an ulterior motive, of course. You're not very good at handling Reality, but you keep telling yourself you're a sociopath. Whatever works, I guess.

Are you carefree? Absolutely fabulous? Careless? Living like James Dean?

You're a fake sociopath, a fraud. You're not a sociopath. You're just trying to be. It's sweet, no really...your denial, when you scream at unpleasant things to go away. You don't like emos, I know that. So many emos have called me an emo. I was worried, that if I didn't say something, I'd be taken for a sociopath. Guess I'm not as disturbed as everyone else. No one wants to be disturbed. They're disturbed enough, already.

Mind the gap!

Gosh. That's sweet.

--------------

But you don't want to question the Morality Police. Because they are the Law. And this is the Reality of Law, the first legislation ever written.

But then that was cheeky trick, because The Ten Commandments were not - actually - the first piece of legislation ever written. 10 bonus points for anyone who knows what happened to the first of God's Laws. -1000 points for anyone who thinks it's a waste of their time looking up the answer.

Oh what the heck, here.

The mount was covered by the cloud for six days, after which Moses went into the midst of the cloud and was "in the mount forty days and forty nights." (Exodus 24:16-18) And Moses said, "the Lord delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the Lord spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly." (Deuteronomy 9:10) Before the full forty days expired, the children of Israel decided that something happened to Moses, and compelled Aaron to fashion a golden calf, and he "built an altar before it" (Ex.32:1–5) and the people "worshipped" the calf. (Ex.32:6–8) After the full forty days, Moses and Joshua came down from the mountain with the tables of stone: "And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses’ anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount." (Ex.32:19) After the events in chapters 32 and 33, the Lord told Moses, "Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest." (Ex.34:1) "And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the Lord spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the Lord gave them unto me." (Deuteronomy 10:4)

According to Jewish tradition, Exodus 20:1-17 constitutes God's first recitation and inscription of the ten commandments on the two tables,[11] which were broken in pieces by Moses, and later rewritten on replacement stones and placed in the ark of the covenant;[12]

They can break the Law. It's God's Law. He says they're allowed to break it, when they're angry.

But this guy, you know, he's not someone you should love. That ark of the covenant, he literally killed someone for touching it by mistake. He's not a good guy.

Literally.

Not really. None of it is real. But then you tell that the victims of your denial. Tell them they're imagining their exploitation and deaths. It's all their heads, really. All in the heads of parents who have lost their pathetic little minds.

Which, I'm reliably informed, is the best time to breed children. (Oh fine, the Pope told me, but I hate to drop names.)

BBC in 2005: Pope Benedict XVI tells Africa "no condoms; abstinence and fidelity instead"

“You know what, that just might work!

Reuters in 2009: Pope insists "no Condoms; deficit of ethics the cause of crisis"

“You know what, that just might work!"

It's ‘worked’ for 1500 years. But it’s not working for humanity.

Screen%20Shot%202012-02-15%20at%207.32.59%20AM.png

• Like 2

Yes they do unfortunately. It's a sick world isn't it? Ordinary people who just want a litle time out for enjoyment have some depraved so called 'morality police' interrupting their private time. Thank 'heavens' I don't live in Malaysia.

Does this sort of thing happen only in Islamist-ruled states of Malaysia, or does it also happen in places like Kuala Lumpur and Penang ?

Jem

I was in KL a few weeks back and one evening, while sitting in a restaurant I saw a couple of "working ladies" standing in an ally just around the corner. Police drove past a few times and the cops just smiled over at the "ladies" (am pretty sure at least two of 'em were lads dressed up as women). Nothing happened. So I assume that KL is a little more tolerant maybe...(?).

Yes they do unfortunately. It's a sick world isn't it? Ordinary people who just want a litle time out for enjoyment have some depraved so called 'morality police' interrupting their private time. Thank 'heavens' I don't live in Malaysia.

What, proper serving police officers with uniforms, shooters and powers of arrest? What do they do about `indecent` non-muslims?

What, proper serving police officers with uniforms, shooters and powers of arrest? What do they do about `indecent` non-muslims?

Sodomize them?

Does this sort of thing happen only in Islamist-ruled states of Malaysia, or does it also happen in places like Kuala Lumpur and Penang ?

Jem

Petaling Jaya is a suburb of KL, so it would seem that these chaps operate everywhere. Do note that Islamic law only applies to Muslim persons, those of other religions can do what they like.

India have a similar attitude on V Day, but they don't arrest the couples, they take them to get married there and then, it only takes one to be seen holding hands in public too.

They're less active in KL.

etc....

Hey scoots you should post an abstract/summary along with a post that long, otherwise your point wont get across. Maybe a table of contents, too.

Or the Cliffs Notes version.

<snipped for VIPs in a rush. they're racing. a race of humans who've forgotten they're not rats>

You could have just said that organised religion is bad for you.

Without even making the argument for why? Why, who would possibly be so stupid as to believe a headline or a sound-byte. No one is that stupid, surely?

Stating an opinion like the above without explaining why, is a little rude. I wouldn't even ask someone to explain themselves if they don't have the decency to not put me in the situation where I'd need to ask them to justify their claim.

I could have said the above. But then I'm communicating, I'm not selling Spam. I can sell Spam to imbeciles. It's very easy. I have seen how you all fail on Twitter. I wouldn't, if I was doing self-promotion. You guys are convincing though. People, I mean.

I could have said the above. But I refuse to insult anyone by pandering to their victimisation. You couldn't pay me to, but then I did a lot worse when I was starving so...

I could have said the above. But then many people have said that, already. How is that working out by the way, for the children of humanity?

Hey scoots you should post an abstract/summary along with a post that long, otherwise your point wont get across. Maybe a table of contents, too.

The other day, my friend was telling me about how he had to go to a library for some reason which was uninteresting. I was interested though, because I haven't been inside a library for a long time.

"How many people were there?" I asked him, expecting the number to be low. After all, we can read books on Kindle now. The ones that are available, I mean. Much like libraries, is the point I'm trying to make; and making very well - but then it's impossible to make points to people who cannot read dot-points. Or draw lines between dots. Do you get the point?

I didn't expect his reply. "Closed."

I have no way of confirming this, but have libraries closed? Councils cutting budgets, need more room for graft; makes sense I guess. There were ghost-towns when I reading. Then I lost interest in my own best interests. Whoops!

Show me the abstract / summary for the Bible. Show me the ToC for the Qur'an. The Haredim spend their entire lives reading Yeshiva, or pretending to.

These books are long for a reason.

Your attention spans are short for a reason.

Edited by TheyCallmeScooter

Most Islamic countries have Morality Police to insure the public is obeying the Koran...or at least their interpretation of it.

In Saudi they are active in the shopping malls, telling women to cover their heads and the men to go to prayer. I must reek of being a non-believer so they never tried to get me to go to prayer and I had an Abaya custom made for my wife that had a hood on it, sort of like a warm-up suit. When they started yelling at her, she simply flipped the hood up and the matter was closed.

I've seen them in operation in Bahrain, Tehran, Dubai et al.

<snipped for brevity>

You could have just said that organised religion is bad for you.

They had a sale on at Big C, 100 words for the cost of 5.

This guy seems to have everything confused. Like, for example, wit. He's witless. Just like I would be, if I purchased Spam on sale, and then gave it away.

Get your wits back, friend. Until then, you could do with some more reading. It's how you get your wits back. But don't tell anyone shhh. This is a Limited Time Offer. Firesale, for you only. You Won't Want to Miss This Promotion. Maximum 5 items per Customer.

hahah. At least Spam is witty, sometimes. Like the above. Or the penis extension email informing me that my girlfriend's hampocket would go looking for more ham, if I didn't ham up.

Panicked, I cried out, in desperation. Do they take cash? No. Money orders? No. VISA / MasterCard? Yes. Paypal? Wait. What? Yes. I was surprised as well. The promotion was brought to me by VISA, telling me my g/f needed more ham, STAT. You should think about that, before you rush out for another penile enlargement. Maybe...just maybe....you need to enlarge something else that's tiny.

Food for thought. It's for free. Get your wits back, you're embarrassing yourself.

Jem

I was in KL a few weeks back and one evening, while sitting in a restaurant I saw a couple of "working ladies" standing in an ally just around the corner. Police drove past a few times and the cops just smiled over at the "ladies" (am pretty sure at least two of 'em were lads dressed up as women). Nothing happened. So I assume that KL is a little more tolerant maybe...(?).

Ah, Petaling Jaya is a satellite city of KL - it used to be administered by KL municipal authorities, but it was granted city status a few years ago.

So, right next door to KL - in my opinion based on the past, when they want to discourage some sort of behaviour in KL, they arrest someone in Petaling Jaya.

• Like 1

Jem

EH ? huh.png

Relax, dude. At first, I didn't know that the incident occurred in Kuala Lumpur (I wasn't aware that Petaling Jaya was a part of KL). So, I thought that the incident happened in an Islamist-ruled state.

Easy, man. Not all of us have to be good at Malaysian geography :)

I have been to Penang but never sensed much conservatism there but so many reports cannot be wrong; Malaysia overall is a conservative place.

By the way, a state not allowing people to be agnostic or atheist is committing a breach against human rights, I think. As far as I know, Malaysia legally considers all Malays to be Muslims. Of course, there are also other countries like Malaysia. It is a shame that the world bodies tolerate this kind of thing.

Jem

Jem

EH ? huh.png

Relax, dude. At first, I didn't know that the incident occurred in Kuala Lumpur (I wasn't aware that Petaling Jaya was a part of KL). So, I thought that the incident happened in an Islamist-ruled state.

Easy, man. Not all of us have to be good at Malaysian geography smile.png

I have been to Penang but never sensed much conservatism there but so many reports cannot be wrong; Malaysia overall is a conservative place.

By the way, a state not allowing people to be agnostic or atheist is committing a breach against human rights, I think. As far as I know, Malaysia legally considers all Malays to be Muslims. Of course, there are also other countries like Malaysia. It is a shame that the world bodies tolerate this kind of thing.

Jem

just for your information, Penang sees PLENTY of raids.

they are particularly eager there to shut down any gay places and Saunas when such places still exist peacefully in KL or Sabah....

and the religious police is active everywhere, no matter if the state has an islamist-led government or not.

I think all of the countries that follow this religion have religious police, but it only applies to the followers of their religion. I have heard that the girl can get out of being charged if she does with them what she was going to do with her guy. Like a gentleman, they protect a woman from everybody but themselves. The woman cannot prove rape without at least 4 male witnesses and if she cannot prove rape, she is guilty of sex outside of marriage which gets the death penalty.

• Like 1