Picking Up One Year Extension

I'm a woman. I am a firm believer in the value of retail therapy :o

In that case, you absolutely must read this quote:

“If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning.” _ Aristotle Onassis

When he was right, he was right!

Holy **** , that's four months for your visa. I apply for my extension every May and get it July latest. Your man at immigration must wait for a big pile of applications until he sends them to BKK. If at all possible try working with another official. It's not that they don't like you, but some officials will wait for a huge stack to build up before sending them to HQ.

With the timing issue he could be right, rules have tightened up considerably in the past year and many officials are scared to stretch or interpret the rules especially if they are not certain or have a new boss they are working with.

Earlier this year I had 5 stamps of 1 month in my Passport for my 'married to a Thai" visa. I think the guy had it in for me, but not sure.

Do you have the required funds in the bank?

That was what they got me on.

They said once I got the thing accepted that I had to wait - something to do with waiting to see if I still had the cash in.

They said once I got the thing accepted that I had to wait - something to do with waiting to see if I still had the cash in.

I know you have to show proof of funds (bank book, bank’s confirmation letter) on the date of your application for extension, but do you have to show the same again when you pick up the approval of your extension?

Is this routinely required of all applicants, or only sporadically, at the officer’s discretion?

I do remember reading in this forum that on the date of application it is advisable to have more than the minimum required amount in the account, to show that there is enough for living expenses and the minimum 400K will still be there by the time the application is approved, usually some 40 days after application.

I know you have to show proof of funds (bank book, bank’s confirmation letter) on the date of your application for extension, but do you have to show the same again when you pick up the approval of your extension?

Is this routinely required of all applicants, or only sporadically, at the officer’s discretion?

I do remember reading in this forum that on the date of application it is advisable to have more than the minimum required amount in the account, to show that there is enough for living expenses and the minimum 400K will still be there by the time the application is approved, usually some 40 days after application.

You should keep the account at or above the required amount until you receive the final stamp as they can and often do check it at some point. If you have an expense coming up let them know in advise and they will probably allow it. But if account is seriously lower without explanation you should expect a wait for you to replenish it.