Customs Clearance Agent Recommendation

Can anyone recommend a customs clearance agent they have used and had a good experience with? I require import assistance for LCL shipping. I am looking to import less than 1 cubic metre container of almond milk beverages from the USA. This is a non-alcoholic drink made purely from almonds. I'm trying to find a company who is reliable with organizing customs clearance. Any sugestions?

Mate I don't offer much assistance however I see no one else has replied. I do know that there are on-the-spot CCA's ine every airport you can use. This is their business and I know Bkk is the same. I think they are located upstairs in the airport.

You can always call them and the website is here: http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/155

The product you have advised is a food product, which means that import is regulated by the Thai FDA. That means before you even consider uplifting the cargo from US, you need to contact the Thai FDAS and apply fo rimport permits.

Please read up on regulations at the FDA's webiste below:

http://www.fda.moph.go.th/eng/food/index.stm

This product will not clear Thai Customs without Thai FDA approval. To get it, you will need to provide the FDA with samples and endless paperwork from the manufacturer (not the supplier). Hope you are not in a rush. If you start on it now, average wait time for approval is 2 years. I know from experience. Best of luck.

2 years is a bit long... Unless you make a lot of mistakes on the paperwork...as FDA will normally kick back the application once they find mistake or require additional info rather than reviewing entire application and listing all mistakes

Most companies only spend about 3-6 months for import permit process... And some even leas