Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Don't worry, Dave won't get sick! i live in a village in NS Province where the local water is so toxic that it kills anything that you put in it. The crabs even crawl out of the pot and exit stage left when you try to cook them. The cobras even slither away when they see me When you have lived here as long as I have you become immune to just about everything. I even drink the tap water and hope that it is not rusting my hip implant. Look at you, you are obviously immune to the speed bumps on the NS bypass and immune to some of your other half's "teachings"..

I met up with Dave in Pattaya some time ago and he informed me that he was the same age a H/M late 20's but I have to admit that he did look a trite older, in the wrong light about 34 I put in down to the fact that he lives in N/S I didn't like to say at the time you don't want to hurt peep's feeling's just not cricket.

I haven't noticed any speed bump's on the by-pass a few hole's admittedly but I do go through at a large rate of knots that's if the fume's are not to bad.

Re taking notice of Mrs H/M she is Thai and anyone taking notice of a Thai wife want's his brains tested. The only thing I have had to comply with is the kitchen set up, had a new western one fitted last year and she wont use it we do put thing's in the cabinets but for the cooking we use our old one, must admit that it still look's like new everything works hob extractor etc it's just not used I do get the logic well I'm told I do.

H/M.

Bonitos Chinos has a roof top restaurant with good views over the city, 6 of us went tonight for a celebration, dishes start at 100bts as does beer and they do steaks as well, I had a whole fish for 250bts and jolly good it was as well so if you want a bite with a difference give it a try, a word of warning though do apply mosy cream just to be on the safe side.

100bt For a beer I presume it was large even the hotel's wouldn't get away with that here well except for the Oasis Mike's Restaurant but that's for imported German stuff. His Thai beer is cheap though. He has a new range of meal's and his 12 different 'not Thai' sausage platter is going down a storm with the local's but as of yet I have never seen anyone finish it. H/M will be going tonight not been able to go any ware lately as my trip to BKK ended with H/M being slightly/well a lot under the weather. Now here's a thought It could have been getting stuck on the N/S by-pass. Note to self don't open the window of the Limo within 50km of same.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H.CITY.

Yes big ones for big boys! They also do Hoegaarden small at 190bts, I would need paying that to drink the stuff.

There are now several hotels flanking the the Asia Highway though N/S and more being built and planned, many are 500bts a night B/B people dropping off for a nights sleep on the way to Bangkok or Chaing Mai and proving very popular by all accounts.

I met up with Dave in Pattaya some time ago and he informed me that he was the same age a H/M late 20's but I have to admit that he did look a trite older, in the wrong light about 34 I put in down to the fact that he lives in N/S I didn't like to say at the time you don't want to hurt peep's feeling's just not cricket.

I haven't noticed any speed bump's on the by-pass a few hole's admittedly but I do go through at a large rate of knots that's if the fume's are not to bad.

Re taking notice of Mrs H/M she is Thai and anyone taking notice of a Thai wife want's his brains tested. The only thing I have had to comply with is the kitchen set up, had a new western one fitted last year and she wont use it we do put thing's in the cabinets but for the cooking we use our old one, must admit that it still look's like new everything works hob extractor etc it's just not used I do get the logic well I'm told I do.

H/M.

Now I only have anniversaries of my yee sip gow birthday! It's nice never getting older! Built my house 15 years ago, kitchen inside and one on the back patio. We've never used the one on the back patio but have barbequed the gazebo in the front yard to death.

American bacon should be fatty, so when you fry it the fat gets good and crisp (salt it before frying) and then it sticks good to the inside of your arteries or adds to the girth of your midsection. Yummy!

There's fatty and fatty just brought some and it was about 20% fat delish some time's it can be 80% fat I know how to cook it crispy but the last thing I want is to have 90% of it left in the griddle as molten grease, and a 14" rasher reduced to I" "= inch sorry I don't do metric.

Re J/C post the best meal I ever had at Christmas was a cheddar cheese sandwich with Branston pickle proper food, now I have to go to an English peep's house for turkey and all the trimming's but I still dream of the cheddar sarny. Sorry I'm English so don't do thanks giving.

So what were the Cumberland dog's like ??? got them in K.P.Phet Makro never tried them as get mine from an English butcher in Pattaya, if there ok will give them a try.

They're okay and you can definitely recognise the variety of sausage you're eating. They may be a little overspiced with white pepper for some tastes and the skins are a bit tough.

If they improved the quality of the skins the sausage would be more succulent.

Would buy them again if I saw them.

Jerry

Bonitos Chinos has a roof top restaurant with good views over the city, 6 of us went tonight for a celebration, dishes start at 100bts as does beer and they do steaks as well, I had a whole fish for 250bts and jolly good it was as well so if you want a bite with a difference give it a try, a word of warning though do apply mosy cream just to be on the safe side.

100bt For a beer I presume it was large even the hotel's wouldn't get away with that here well except for the Oasis Mike's Restaurant but that's for imported German stuff. His Thai beer is cheap though. He has a new range of meal's and his 12 different 'not Thai' sausage platter is going down a storm with the local's but as of yet I have never seen anyone finish it. H/M will be going tonight not been able to go any ware lately as my trip to BKK ended with H/M being slightly/well a lot under the weather. Now here's a thought It could have been getting stuck on the N/S by-pass. Note to self don't open the window of the Limo within 50km of same.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H.CITY.

Yes it's a large bottle and the glass is ice cold. They put water in the bottom of the glass and freeze it. You get a fresh glass with every bottle also.

Jerry

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H.CITY.

Yes big ones for big boys! They also do Hoegaarden small at 190bts, I would need paying that to drink the stuff.

There are now several hotels flanking the the Asia Highway though N/S and more being built and planned, many are 500bts a night B/B people dropping off for a nights sleep on the way to Bangkok or Chaing Mai and proving very popular by all accounts.

£8 a pint for Hoegaarden beer it's not even German it's Belgium. You can get draft Guinness in BKK for £4 a pint, how can they charge that??? Mike sell his for under 140bt a large one and it's German Wheat beer light or dark + he has another that's very dark that only come's in Small bottles but the price reflects that. None of them are as good as a pint of Bitter but they do make a change from the Thai fizzy water crap. Iced glasses or not Still trying to get over 100bt for Thai stuff, that's BKK prices even cheaper in Pattaya they sell tiger at 80bt a large one well 40bt for a small one.

H/M.

American bacon should be fatty, so when you fry it the fat gets good and crisp (salt it before frying) and then it sticks good to the inside of your arteries or adds to the girth of your midsection. Yummy!

There's fatty and fatty just brought some and it was about 20% fat delish some time's it can be 80% fat I know how to cook it crispy but the last thing I want is to have 90% of it left in the griddle as molten grease, and a 14" rasher reduced to I" "= inch sorry I don't do metric.

Re J/C post the best meal I ever had at Christmas was a cheddar cheese sandwich with Branston pickle proper food, now I have to go to an English peep's house for turkey and all the trimming's but I still dream of the cheddar sarny. Sorry I'm English so don't do thanks giving.

So what were the Cumberland dog's like ??? got them in K.P.Phet Makro never tried them as get mine from an English butcher in Pattaya, if there ok will give them a try.

They're okay and you can definitely recognise the variety of sausage you're eating. They may be a little overspiced with white pepper for some tastes and the skins are a bit tough.

Jerry

Going to look tomorrow for the dog's but I might give them a miss as the one's I get from Pattaya are the bizz 225bt a KL. There's load's of place's that do deliveries around Thailand three or four in C/Mai alone and there not expensive. One of the one's in C/Mai do a full range of product's smoked pork knuckles German smoked ham imported steak/beef +++ all you need is a or two in H/M case large deep freeze and your away, they can send by bus normally take's two day's from order.

H/M.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H.CITY.

£8 a pint for Hoegaarden beer it's not even German it's Belgium. You can get draft Guinness in BKK for £4 a pint, how can they charge that??? Mike sell his for under 140bt a large one and it's German Wheat beer light or dark + he has another that's very dark that only come's in Small bottles but the price reflects that. None of them are as good as a pint of Bitter but they do make a change from the Thai fizzy water crap. Iced glasses or not Still trying to get over 100bt for Thai stuff, that's BKK prices even cheaper in Pattaya they sell tiger at 80bt a large one well 40bt for a small one.

H/M.

Obviously the prices in Nakhon Sawan are high to keep the riff raff out and if they smell a traveller from KPP could have to pay a supplement on top of that!

Cheap skates are not to be encouraged especially if they carrying doggy food to boot!!

Edited by nong38

I'm an American and it's becoming increasingly obvious that we should pursue a revolutionary war as we did in 1776. We have American Samoa, why not American Nakhon Sawan where the pomp and circumstance of the British Empire is illegal. But then there would be no Nakhon Sawan thread and things would be very boring not knowing how the other side perpetuated their existence.

I'm an American and it's becoming increasingly obvious that we should pursue a revolutionary war as we did in 1776. We have American Samoa, why not American Nakhon Sawan where the pomp and circumstance of the British Empire is illegal. But then there would be no Nakhon Sawan thread and things would be very boring not knowing how the other side perpetuated their existence.

Samoa isn't that the place that they all ware grass skirt's ??? I think you would be out numbered and more to the point we are all very YOUNG. But if you persist in starting the revolution may I just point out that we will have Mrs H/M on our side one look from her and you will scamper orf back into the wild's of N/S.

Sorry I put Yanky bacon for the love of me just cant spell American.

My dog got attacked today by and large Iguana had to take her to the vet's she ok now??? two front leg's all bandaged up lot's of bare skin where she been shaved and a large plastic bucket on her head. I know your a dog lover so can we start the war in a month or so.

H/M.

A month is fine, it will take me at least that long to have the tickets printed, find somebody to cater the event and have the grass skirts made! Hope your pooch is OK! Those things bite and won't let go, maybe I'll use them in place of cannon balls.

Edited by wayned

A month is fine, it will take me at least that long to have the tickets printed, find somebody to cater the event and have the grass skirts made! Hope your pooch is OK! Those things bite and won't let go, maybe I'll use them in place of cannon balls.

Dave I see that we have dissension in the rank's, H/M might have to leave it to your mob to sort out the revolting colonists after all he is in N/S district, The BKK post today had a bit in the stock press about a Farang that has been seen with a flint lock rifle strapped to his back, grass skirt, Davy Crockett hat, blowing a penny whistle marching about muttering revolution, allegedly, I will be sending Mrs H/M to help out but sorry to say H/M is orf to Blighty on the 24th wont be back till 25th Oct: so you cant rely on me to lend a helping hand will keep abridged of how thing go Via TV.

I see that us Brits have refused to help out the yank's in the new conflict just wondering how they will get on without us by the look's of it only left with the French now best of luck.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

Dave I see that we have dissension in the rank's, H/M might have to leave it to your mob to sort out the revolting colonists after all he is in N/S district, The BKK post today had a bit in the stock press about a Farang that has been seen with a flint lock rifle strapped to his back, grass skirt, Davy Crockett hat, blowing a penny whistle marching about muttering revolution, allegedly, I will be sending Mrs H/M to help out but sorry to say H/M is orf to Blighty on the 24th wont be back till 25th Oct: so you cant rely on me to lend a helping hand will keep abridged of how thing go Via TV.

I see that us Brits have refused to help out the yank's in the new conflict just wondering how they will get on without us by the look's of it only left with the French now best of luck.

H/M.

There's an old saying, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"! I see that your British interpretation of that is get on an airplane and leave a woman in charge!

H/M.

There's an old saying, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"! I see that your British interpretation of that is get on an airplane and leave a woman in charge!

I can assure you Mrs H/M is no ordinary woman She has been known to melt a AK47 barrel at 400mt and with only one look so beware your flint lock.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

Guess we will have to put the revolution on hold. I was modifyng my Potato Cannon to fire live Tokay Geckos when it went off accidentally. It fired the live projectile in the direction of my wife who was cleaning coconuts with a large machete. I thought that it was hilarious when it hit her on the side of the head and latched on to her ear!

The doctor tells me that I'll be out of traction in about 6 weeks, but that it will take some time for me to recover as I am missing some parts. Haven't yet got the nerve to lift the bandages to see what's missing, but the bandage around my "private Parts" and the urine bag hanging on the side of the bed don't make me feel good!

Guess we will have to put the revolution on hold. I was modifyng my Potato Cannon to fire live Tokay Geckos when it went off accidentally. It fired the live projectile in the direction of my wife who was cleaning coconuts with a large machete. I thought that it was hilarious when it hit her on the side of the head and latched on to her ear!

The doctor tells me that I'll be out of traction in about 6 weeks, but that it will take some time for me to recover as I am missing some parts. Haven't yet got the nerve to lift the bandages to see what's missing, but the bandage around my "private Parts" and the urine bag hanging on the side of the bed don't make me feel good!

Slight touch of the Catherine Kieu Becker's what, couldn't happen to a nicer Man/Lady don't panic they can do wonder's in Thailand so I've heard we will rally around to send goodies while your in hospital Just let us know what Bra size you'll require.

Got back from Mike's last night who incidentally is now selling Hoegaaden beer that's because the Thai want it for 120bt a bottle, thats 120bt and not 199bt Turned on the TV and up popped my CTH set up live football tonight that's soccer to the colonists not the so called game that everyone runs around with padding trying to look like real men between the times that they just huddle about deciding who going to bonk the fat old bird's that are cheering them on, and what was on one of the film channels well Air Force One with Harrison Ford just a thought maybe he might give you a helping hand as he seemed to do ok in that. Just be a bit careful as I've heard that he like's the ladies and you could be in trouble.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Have lifted the bandages and to my surprise all's intact. I've been told that part of my liver and one kidney have been removed, authorized by my wife, and donated to the research department of H/M Pickling Institute. Could it be possible that yours and mine are related and in cahoots with one another?. I'd be very careful until this matter is resolved.

Edited by wayned

Have lifted the bandages and to my surprise all's intact. I've been told that part of my liver and one kidney have been removed, authorized by my wife, and donated to the research department of H/M Pickling Institute. Could it be possible that yours and mine are related and in cahoots with one another?. I'd be very careful until this matter is resolved.

Now there's a thing tonight Mrs H/M is cooking liver she tells me it's chicken!!! but I now have my doubt's. definitely not related as all Mrs H/M family come from and live in BKK re the cahoots that's a no no also as if she say's she will cut it off she would do it.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who when he used to send his G/L Lek off to see her folk's in Surin she would tell him to be good as on her return she would cut this bit's off. Once Mrs H/M said that to me when I was off to BKK for a few day's, I said Oh like Lek no she said she joke 'I DO' and by the look on her face she meant it. Not been caught yet thank Buddha so still all intact. Get well soon I'm back on the 25th Oct so we can start the revolution then.

H/M.

Jerry

Just thought if the skins are a bit tough a large pot of boiling salted water take off the heat put the dog's in for three Min: and then pat dry and fry like normal will soften the skins they also cook more evenly due to them being hot inside. Don't panic it work's.

N/B if the dogs are thin two Min: will be better.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

Now there's a thing tonight Mrs H/M is cooking liver she tells me it's chicken!!! but I now have my doubt's. definitely not related as all Mrs H/M family come from and live in BKK re the cahoots that's a no no also as if she say's she will cut it off she would do it.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who when he used to send his G/L Lek off to see her folk's in Surin she would tell him to be good as on her return she would cut this bit's off. Once Mrs H/M said that to me when I was off to BKK for a few day's, I said Oh like Lek no she said she joke 'I DO' and by the look on her face she meant it. Not been caught yet thank Buddha so still all intact. Get well soon I'm back on the 25th Oct so we can start the revolution then.

H/M.

Have a nice trip if that's possible. When I was working I used to have an office and CAA repair facility in Slough. My abode was the Castle Hotel in Windsor when I was there, never more than a few weeks at a time as I had facilities in 7 countries. Nice surroundings as you could get out and about without dressing up and have a decent meal in either Windsor or walk across to Eaton. There was a pub in the basement of the restaurant across the street from the "crooked building" that I used to frequent.The best that the Castle could do was breakfast but was always good. Funny how I can remember things in the past and can't find my glasses that I used 10 minutes ago.

By the 25th of Oct my Potato Cannon will probably be converted to a rocket launcher for new years and I won't remember why I should revolt against anything!

Good lord does this mean that Nakhon Sawan might have weapons of mass destruction? This not what a super Hub should have unless this si the start of another Independence show? Ok who has been buying the the uniforms for soldiers, Bangkok might say thats not enough and demand more in taxes, sound familiar? Look out for tea in the river folksgiggle.gif any chance we can send it up river?

Good lord does this mean that Nakhon Sawan might have weapons of mass destruction? This not what a super Hub should have unless this si the start of another Independence show? Ok who has been buying the the uniforms for soldiers, Bangkok might say thats not enough and demand more in taxes, sound familiar? Look out for tea in the river folksgiggle.gif any chance we can send it up river?

When I moved here in 1998 I brought along a weapon of mass destruction. Whenever I eat certain Thai foods the "Gas" generated is far worse than any biological weapon. I just haven't found out how to contain it so that it could be released at will!

H/M.

Have a nice trip if that's possible. When I was working I used to have an office and CAA repair facility in Slough. My abode was the Castle Hotel in Windsor when I was there, never more than a few weeks at a time as I had facilities in 7 countries. Nice surroundings as you could get out and about without dressing up and have a decent meal in either Windsor or walk across to Eaton. There was a pub in the basement of the restaurant across the street from the "crooked building" that I used to frequent.The best that the Castle could do was breakfast but was always good. Funny how I can remember things in the past and can't find my glasses that I used 10 minutes ago.

By the 25th of Oct my Potato Cannon will probably be converted to a rocket launcher for new years and I won't remember why I should revolt against anything!

Castle Hotel What, yes know it well used to stay there many years ago with one of my lady chums, then the restaurant was very good what it's like now Buddha only knows. More than likely gone down the pan due to the tourists from other countries that frequented it just wondering who that could be???

Eton much to good for the N/S mob but it's still worth a look. As you said nice oldie world pubs selling real beer I believe you can now get that watered down plonk Bud that's the stuff that you can drink 4GL and still drive.

I quite enjoy the trip back to Blighty it's when I get there the trouble starts bloody cold at the end of Sep: had to be there for nearly 5 month's last year due to Mum not being to well ok now I hope as have already book and paid for my flight back.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

Good lord does this mean that Nakhon Sawan might have weapons of mass destruction? This not what a super Hub should have unless this si the start of another Independence show? Ok who has been buying the the uniforms for soldiers, Bangkok might say thats not enough and demand more in taxes, sound familiar? Look out for tea in the river folks:giggle: any chance we can send it up river?

Don't worry Dave I have plenty of red jackets spare at least we wont have to ware grass skirts like the colonists, also had a bit of rain last night only lasted about 30 Min: today clear sky's odd bit of cloud all in all a nice day the market and the boat racing finished last night by tomorrow all should be back to normal in upper class town.

H/M.

Cricket went well last night, now we have to wait till next friday for the first ODI at Leeds, been terrific entertainment so far, a bit like the throb of downtown N/S pulsating lights, flashing neon signs and where good food meets good drinks and where particular people congregate, if only the locals understood cricket they would build a cricket ground, probably call it Buddhas.

Cricket went well last night, now we have to wait till next friday for the first ODI at Leeds, been terrific entertainment so far, a bit like the throb of downtown N/S pulsating lights, flashing neon signs and where good food meets good drinks and where particular people congregate, if only the locals understood cricket they would build a cricket ground, probably call it Buddhas.

The locals understand cricket very well. They catch them, fry them and eat them. What else would you do with cricket(s)?

Sorry to say not watching the cricket at the moment as have live football now what's all this particular peep's more like peculiar peep's.

I can visualise it now as you enter N/S's 12 lane traffic clogged tree lined avenues where the leaves and flower's are in their full glory to-wit a shade of grey due to the diesel omitted from the lorries, several km later you will then enter the Hub note the spectacle of the neon light's half of them out and what's left flashing. As a special treat why not stop off on your way through and sample the petrol pork and the over priced Thai drink's this can be had I'm told on roof top restaurant's where you can gaze down over the haze, If you have time walk 'not recommended' in a car with air filters would be more apt along the meandering river that's the place were you can see the flotsam and jetsam rushing by not forgetting the super market trollies, old bike's, prams, that line the so called river bed, this is best seen when the water level is at it's lowest point.

I didn't make any of this up it's a direct quote from the travel book The other side of Thailand. Highly recommended if you don't want to find yourself marooned in a place that has nothing to offer.

If I have time later I'll put in what they have to say about K.P.P. I bet you cant wait.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

The locals understand cricket very well. They catch them, fry them and eat them. What else would you do with cricket(s)?

Howzatt for a start, was it going down the leg side or not?

From what I told by the BIB all the junk in the river had a note on it which roughly says ( its in Thai so I am translating it ) "if found please return to..............KPP. Shows whata load of unruly folks you have up there, cant see how any peace talks can take place until you stop throwing all your junk in the Ping and sending down to us.

So you have forgotten the cricket season and now appear in your Leyton Orient shirt or is it Chingford Town?