Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

The river is down 3' or a metre which you prefer and less debris passing by.

Off to Patters on the morrow so toodle pip!

So you've swatted up on your Rusky well done you, have a good time don't forget your Parasol at least it'll make a change from having to look at the river every day.

H/M.

Flight was on time into BKK. We drove up from Bangers to Nakkers to Kampers all the way in the rain, although it got brighter as we headed into the sunlit uplands of KPP. The patched and potholed road starting at the N/S bypass didn’t seem any better or worse than a year ago or the year before that. The driving standard of the fellow travellers was also pretty good and we didn’t see one accident-not a single one-and only one near miss.

At the house the rainy season has had an effect on the new parquetry floor upstairs. It had taken on a life of its own and decided to bow upwards and outwards forming a hillock in the middle of the room. No obvious reason apart from the humidity. We’ve contacted the perpetrator/craftsman ( from N/S by the way) who was suitably astonished and he has promised to come and take a look. To be fair to him he did a decent job on the windows and doors ( anyone who puts on 20 coats of laquer and rubs the wood down between each coat should get full marks for effort).

H/M, I noticed that Mike’s place was mentioned previously some time ago and sounds good. Do you have directions? I would normally come in on the road over the bridge heading north east into the main part of town which ends in a roundabout.

Flight was on time into BKK. We drove up from Bangers to Nakkers to Kampers all the way in the rain, although it got brighter as we headed into the sunlit uplands of KPP. The patched and potholed road starting at the N/S bypass didnt seem any better or worse than a year ago or the year before that. The driving standard of the fellow travellers was also pretty good and we didnt see one accident-not a single one-and only one near miss.

At the house the rainy season has had an effect on the new parquetry floor upstairs. It had taken on a life of its own and decided to bow upwards and outwards forming a hillock in the middle of the room. No obvious reason apart from the humidity. Weve contacted the perpetrator/craftsman ( from N/S by the way) who was suitably astonished and he has promised to come and take a look. To be fair to him he did a decent job on the windows and doors ( anyone who puts on 20 coats of laquer and rubs the wood down between each coat should get full marks for effort).

H/M, I noticed that Mikes place was mentioned previously some time ago and sounds good. Do you have directions? I would normally come in on the road over the bridge heading north east into the main part of town which ends in a roundabout.

Glad to see you got back ok, hope by now you have defrosted.

From the R/about do an about turn back to the 1 turn right towards Tak go over the bridge and take the first left just before you get to the new Global about a km down on the left hand side called Oasis.

Mike is a German but saying that he's a great bloke speaks very good English only has a western menu tell him Zee Vanker 'cant imagine who that is' told you to pop in, and give him my regard's.

Alas I'm still stuck in Blighty till the 1st Dec: maybe at a later date we can meet up and I'll introduce you to the many upmarket peep that abound. If you do go to Mike's place you can ask what he organising for Christmas normally does a good spread. Last year it was a hole Barbie pig with all the trimming's German style very tasty.

N/B if your hungry try his I believe 12 non Thai sausage's platter with a mixed salad good for two, just in case you cant get through it all have a take away ok reheated or even cold in a sarny the next day, also does great German Beer make's a change from the Thai Crap.

Today I had to go to Birmingham for my Visa, foggy was not the word normally take's me about 1hour 45Min: today 3.5 hour's but at least I have it, now just got to wait another several week's till the off. Peed off is not the word tomorrow it's going to rain big time yet again.

Oh happy day's.

H/M.

Fred to us upper class.

Edited by fredob43

I’m on a trip to Europe with my Thai GF and just had a Cornish pasty in Grasmere, Lakes District-very nice indeed. One thing though I’ve not been able to get a meal of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, went into London pub advertising such a meal but I was advised the beef had become chicken which wasn’t what I wanted so I settled for fish and chips. Bloody awful, batter could have been used as armour plating on a dreadnought and the fish inside had shrivelled to vanishing point. Thought about going to the Savoy who do a nice roast dinner, albeit for a King’s Ransom but didn’t have a coat and tie and then the bank turned down the loan application which put an end to it .

Temperature here in Ambleside is a balmy 8 deg with showers which is better than the Isle of Mull, Scotland where it was 1 deg on the day we left and the day before 8 deg with 40 knot winds.

We’re back in KPP Province on Wednesday where they tell me it’s a bit warmer.

Up here in the mountains of KPP next to the Mae Wong national park it was 36 at 2 pm this afternoon and down to a nice cool 25 at 6 am this morning. The breeze was cool and fresh too.

Thanks for that Bill just what I needed.

About 7c last night bright morning overcast afternoon temp: got up to about 12c.

Got to go shopping tomorrow thank Buddha Mum's car has a good heater I'll need it. The only thing that's keeping me going is the food but am missing the chilli + Mrs H/M cooking big time.

Paul has now stopped working decided to do that after he had a bit of a fall while trying to carry a seat + other bit's while on crutches. Tosser now there's a word.

Fred.

Must have been in the wrong queue when brains were given away.

Sorry to say I think your right, he's a workaholic never stop's has managed to shed bundle's of weight though, so much so I thought that he was going to apply for a part in the remake of the film Bridge over the river Kwai. Should put some back on now he's lazing about.

Out shopping in a Mo went into Morrison's last night (on my way to have a pint or two with some chum's) for a top up, don't know what has happened to the place what a shamble's looked more like a bomb had dropped not a sign of any joint's for the weekend, stuff on shelves all over the place, no one serving at the counter's, this was 5.30pm and they don't close to 10pm. Going to send them an email when I get time. Now have to go and do yet another top up at Tesco.

Weather still crappy not to cold bit of drizzle about, Delish.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Flight was on time into BKK. We drove up from Bangers to Nakkers to Kampers all the way in the rain, although it got brighter as we headed into the sunlit uplands of KPP. The patched and potholed road starting at the N/S bypass didnt seem any better or worse than a year ago or the year before that. The driving standard of the fellow travellers was also pretty good and we didnt see one accident-not a single one-and only one near miss.

At the house the rainy season has had an effect on the new parquetry floor upstairs. It had taken on a life of its own and decided to bow upwards and outwards forming a hillock in the middle of the room. No obvious reason apart from the humidity. Weve contacted the perpetrator/craftsman ( from N/S by the way) who was suitably astonished and he has promised to come and take a look. To be fair to him he did a decent job on the windows and doors ( anyone who puts on 20 coats of laquer and rubs the wood down between each coat should get full marks for effort).

H/M, I noticed that Mikes place was mentioned previously some time ago and sounds good. Do you have directions? I would normally come in on the road over the bridge heading north east into the main part of town which ends in a roundabout.

Re your parquet flooring did your man leave enough gap round the outside for expansion need's to be at least 3/4' all round in Thailand.

But could be that water has got into the wood if so sorry to say you could be buggered.

H/M.

Fred.

Fred,

Thanks for the directions-I'll take a look. Also appreciate your kind offer to meet a few people when we are both in town later in the year, very good of you.

I went into KPP town yesterday and I was surprised how low the water was in the Ping river, the base of the bridge supports were visible. I guess they're holding the water back in the dam up in Tak to protect the downstream areas. Should be interesting when they decide to let it go.

Regarding the floor you may well be right. There doesn't seem to be any gap around the outside at all, although it may be that the gap is actually hidden under the skirting board. The deformity is centred around the longest boards which does indicate that the gap, if it exists is too small. No signs of water being an issue. This is the second attempt at flooring, the first attempt used real wood from the old house but that didn't work out so then we used the prefabricated stuff to get around any problems. Maybe third time lucky......

Rgds,

Bill

Fred,

Thanks for the directions-I'll take a look. Also appreciate your kind offer to meet a few people when we are both in town later in the year, very good of you.

I went into KPP town yesterday and I was surprised how low the water was in the Ping river, the base of the bridge supports were visible. I guess they're holding the water back in the dam up in Tak to protect the downstream areas. Should be interesting when they decide to let it go.

Regarding the floor you may well be right. There doesn't seem to be any gap around the outside at all, although it may be that the gap is actually hidden under the skirting board. The deformity is centred around the longest boards which does indicate that the gap, if it exists is too small. No signs of water being an issue. This is the second attempt at flooring, the first attempt used real wood from the old house but that didn't work out so then we used the prefabricated stuff to get around any problems. Maybe third time lucky......

Rgds,

Bill

Ok so here's the question where did Chilon come from if your name's Bill??? sorry to inform you but you will have to be Bill 2 bugger me it's getting complicated, we at one time had 4 David's now down to 3 thank Buddha.

If you remove the skirting board a bit you can see what gap you have round the edge not teaching you to suck egg's but there should have been a gap of 3/4' before the S/Board was put back if it's not there then that's your problem maybe you can get your man to take out the overlap (not easy) but labour is cheap here, it could then relay it's self better than having to do it for the 3rd time anyway worth a try.

As you will more than likely know Thai builder's are at best rubbish had to have my roof sorted 4 time's till I found the right man.

Glad to hear that the ping is low Mr's H/M told me it was ok but she is Thai so I never take to much notice, her 1 mt could range anything between 1' and 20 feet, or I get, it more bigger maybe sumaller* Make's life interesting.

Not a problem to introduce you to other upper class peep's, last thing we want is to find you having to talk to the N/S mob if they try and sneak in on a day pass just wouldn't be Cricket.

Mike does get quite a few of us Farang in his place, Wednesday night is German night but saying that most speak English and will make you welcome. I normally go on a Friday or Saturday night due to my daughter schooling midweek, all depends how I feel if I fancy a beer I'll pop in anytime, don't drink at home, a case of beer last's me month's. Tea well that's a different matter.

Hope you settling in ok.

Your not missing much still got rain and compared to K.P.P it's very cold.

Fred.

Tried to find a Bill name or something that resembled it but all were taken so I settled for an obscure philosopher circa 560BC. He is apparently known for sayings like "Gesticulation in speaking should be avoided as a mark of insanity", "Do not aim at impossibilities", "Let no one see you in a hurry". For some reason the sayings don't seem to have caught on so no one was using the name either.

I met the other Bill who lives down the road a few km past Khlong Lan back in April.

Re the floor issue I had some further advice today from another chap who actually came to take measurements for an awning. Whilst he was navigating his way around the hillock in the floor he was clearly of the view that this wasn't normal and a gap should have been left. This supports your view so I'm interested to hear what the perpetrator says when/if he turns up tomorrow.

Rgds,

Bill

Tried to find a Bill name or something that resembled it but all were taken so I settled for an obscure philosopher circa 560BC. He is apparently known for sayings like "Gesticulation in speaking should be avoided as a mark of insanity", "Do not aim at impossibilities", "Let no one see you in a hurry". For some reason the sayings don't seem to have caught on so no one was using the name either.

I met the other Bill who lives down the road a few km past Khlong Lan back in April.

Re the floor issue I had some further advice today from another chap who actually came to take measurements for an awning. Whilst he was navigating his way around the hillock in the floor he was clearly of the view that this wasn't normal and a gap should have been left. This supports your view so I'm interested to hear what the perpetrator says when/if he turns up tomorrow.

Rgds,

Bill

Hi Bill

So we did and I still have your books. You are back here for a while then?

Cheers

Bill

Bill,

Back for a while between the damp and drizzle of the UK and the bushfires in Australia. I PM'd your good self re catching up when you had the time.

The floor layer came by today and did not offer a reason for the anomaly but, surprisingly given some money he says he can fix it. So, with numerous misgivings and the outlay of some cash I have given him the go ahead to try again. I should know the result in a week.

I also need to install a small tank plus pump to both increase the water pressure on the second level of the house and provide short term storage to compensate for irregularities in the supply. With the floor debacle in mind I am going to undertake the work myself. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

Cheers,

Bill

Bill,

Back for a while between the damp and drizzle of the UK and the bushfires in Australia. I PM'd your good self re catching up when you had the time.

The floor layer came by today and did not offer a reason for the anomaly but, surprisingly given some money he says he can fix it. So, with numerous misgivings and the outlay of some cash I have given him the go ahead to try again. I should know the result in a week.

I also need to install a small tank plus pump to both increase the water pressure on the second level of the house and provide short term storage to compensate for irregularities in the supply. With the floor debacle in mind I am going to undertake the work myself. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

Cheers,

Bill

Tip not to small a tank about 1000 lt, I have 2000+ and after 4/5 day's of no supply it run's dry, (only happened once in 7 year's) also use a Jap pump 280 should do if you want to go to the second floor, the Thai one's are as good as useless after 6 month's.

Mount the tank off the ground and the pump about the same level, don't forget the stop cock's, one before the tank on fill pipe and one between the tank and pump 1' pipe work's ok, otherwise you could have a problem if you have to service.

Should be able to get everything from the new Global store, then pop into Mike's after for snack or Coffee/beer.

Fred.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Bill,

Cheers,

Bill

Tip not to small a tank about 1000 lt, I have 2000+ and after 4/5 day's of no supply it run's dry, (only happened once in 7 year's) also use a Jap pump 280 should do if you want to go to the second floor, the Thai one's are as good as useless after 6 month's.

Mount the tank off the ground and the pump about the same level, don't forget the stop cock's, one before the tank on fill pipe and one between the tank and pump 1' pipe work's ok, otherwise you could have a problem if you have to service.

Should be able to get everything from the new Global store, then pop into Mike's after for snack or Coffee/beer.

Fred.

Fred.

Actually Fred it depends on how many people are in the house and how much water they use. How often they flush the toilet, have a shower, wash up, use the washing machine etc.

My Hitachi WP 305 if getting close to the end but it is about 8 years old and will probably be replaced this year.

Where Bill lives I feel sure that they rarely if ever run out of the mains water supply especially 5km from the reservoir. Personally I would use a 3,000 litre storage tank but that is just my opinion as my water storage is about 40,000 litres and it also runs out, this year especially as we had no water supply for over 2 months.

Most pumps are 1 inch inlet/outlet and if you want the best you need a Grundfos. Expensive at around 13 to 14K baht but extremely reliable and simply the best.

Bill,

Cheers,

Bill

Fred.

Fred.

Actually Fred it depends on how many people are in the house and how much water they use. How often they flush the toilet, have a shower, wash up, use the washing machine etc.

My Hitachi WP 305 if getting close to the end but it is about 8 years old and will probably be replaced this year.

Where Bill lives I feel sure that they rarely if ever run out of the mains water supply especially 5km from the reservoir. Personally I would use a 3,000 litre storage tank but that is just my opinion as my water storage is about 40,000 litres and it also runs out, this year especially as we had no water supply for over 2 months.

Most pumps are 1 inch inlet/outlet and if you want the best you need a Grundfos. Expensive at around 13 to 14K baht but extremely reliable and simply the best.

Just had to put right a chum's pump system fitted by Thai's just one stop cock between the tank and main's none from the tank to the pump and all pipes were 2' except about a 1 foot bit they had put in for the stop cock and the bit that join's the ball valve they had also mounted the pump about 1mt below the tank and it wouldn't work properly because it had to much water getting to the pump so it would stop/start and go like your juddering old HONDA M/C.

You'll just have to imagine how long not to mention the water loss/mess it caused draining the tank of 1,100lt of fluid.

Re the Thai pump the Jap one's Hitachi etc are great even though they are made here but you can get Thai design one's and those are the one's that are crappy 'I know from first hand' lasted less than 6 month's with no guarantee.

Re the tank Bill '2' said that he was going to fit a small one they do them from 500lt so suggested 1,000 +.

As you know there is only three of us + watering the garden our set up is well over 2,000lt as stated it only run out once due to the main's water pipe over the Ping being snapped by a boat took over a week to fix.

As luck would have it our next door peep's get's her water from the Uni with the aid of a hose pipe from her outside tap we topped up also cleaned out the tank's free as she only pay's 100bt a month no matter how much she use's, she did say we could do a top up when ever cutting our water bill to next to nothing, never took her up on it to much agro.

N/B our first Jap: pump was a 220 now fitted a 280 much more pressure can now shower even while the W/Mac: is going not a drop in pressure using both shower's at the same time that's why suggested a 280 plenty for up stair's but could go bigger up to him just have to make sure the pipe joint's are fitted ok + also good idea to run the electric from a switch in the house just in case you want to turn it off in an emergency or while your away.

Fred.

AKA H/M.

Edited by fredob43

Wayne/Fred/Bill,

Thanks for the advice, it has helped solidify my thinking. I took a look at the website Wayne suggested and the diagram is along the lines of what I was considering so that was encouraging.

As Bill says water supply here is generally OK and we have access to both mains and ground water. That said around Songkran the mains supply was understandably a bit dodgy and at the same time the ground water supply became intermittent due to the water table dropping.

The supply pressure from the mains or ground is OK for the lower house but too low for the upper level. A pump would only have to supply 3 upper level outlets at any one time so in theory a constant pressure 150W Mitsubishi model should do the job. I would prefer to go for a larger one to be on the safe side but I'm concerned about the whether the plumbing would spring a leak since it seems the more powerful models operate at pressures about 50% above the 150W model. Perhaps the best solution is put in a larger one and a pressure reducing valve ( if they are for sale here in Thailand).

BTW Fred I like the idea of buying the stuff then having a beer before dealing with the reality of getting it to work.

Regards,

Bill

Wayne/Fred/Bill,

Thanks for the advice, it has helped solidify my thinking. I took a look at the website Wayne suggested and the diagram is along the lines of what I was considering so that was encouraging.

As Bill says water supply here is generally OK and we have access to both mains and ground water. That said around Songkran the mains supply was understandably a bit dodgy and at the same time the ground water supply became intermittent due to the water table dropping.

The supply pressure from the mains or ground is OK for the lower house but too low for the upper level. A pump would only have to supply 3 upper level outlets at any one time so in theory a constant pressure 150W Mitsubishi model should do the job. I would prefer to go for a larger one to be on the safe side but I'm concerned about the whether the plumbing would spring a leak since it seems the more powerful models operate at pressures about 50% above the 150W model. Perhaps the best solution is put in a larger one and a pressure reducing valve ( if they are for sale here in Thailand).

BTW Fred I like the idea of buying the stuff then having a beer before dealing with the reality of getting it to work.

Regards,

Bill

Think you might need a bit bigger than 150 my 220 was only just good enough with two shower's going at the same time, or one shower and a toilet being flushed, I only have a single story with a top height of about 2mt + to the shower head, best to ask before you buy what the head of water is normally marked on the pump/box, last thing you want is the shower's not working due to lack of pressure after installing all the bit's. Remember you only have the pump pressure from dead water nothing from the main's.

Fred.

H/M.

N/B My 280 has a jet from the hose nozzle of about 20 feet. 220 about 15 " Buddha know from a 150.

Good idea to put a non return valve in as well available every were, just stick it any ware after the pump.

Would offer to help as have sorted lot's of pump's for other peep's but you will have to wait another 5 week's.

Also have a spare 220 pump (Not for sale) but you could use it for a try out.

Edited by fredob43

Wayne/Fred/Bill,

Regards,

Bill

Think you might need a bit bigger than 150 my 220 was only just good enough with two shower's going at the same time, or one shower and a toilet being flushed, I only have a single story with a top height of about 2mt + to the shower head, best to ask before you buy what the head of water is normally marked on the pump/box, last thing you want is the shower's not working due to lack of pressure after installing all the bit's. Remember you only have the pump pressure from dead water nothing from the main's.

Fred.

H/M.

N/B My 280 has a jet from the hose nozzle of about 20 feet. 220 about 15 " Buddha know from a 150.

Good idea to put a non return valve in as well available every were, just stick it any ware after the pump.

Would offer to help as have sorted lot's of pump's for other peep's but you will have to wait another 5 week's.

Forgot to mention Blighty.

Have rain not to cold about 18c, the TV is looking up as well, this afternoon we had the film African Queen on such delight's, cant wait till tomorrow a cowboy on also about the same date. staring!!! John Wayne no less

Saturday another rerun of Dad's Army. I some time's wonder why I ever came to Thailand in the first place.

H/M

Fred.

Wayne/Fred/Bill,

Regards,

Bill

Fred.

H/M.

I must apologise I think I am cracking up to long in Blighty maybe. Just checked and I don't have a 280 pump I have a 180 so your 150 might be OK sorry about that but I would still check it out. Once again sorry. What a plonker.

Fred.

I have an old Mitsibusi150 at my townhouse in Bangkok works fine but only have one bathroom upstairs. I have a 250 at my house in Takfa, one story, and if you're not careful it will blow your gonads off!

Wayne/Fred/Bill,

Regards,

Bill

I have a Mitsubishi WP 305 which runs at 2.4 bars and that supplies the 2 floor main house, my mother in laws small place and the kitchen on the end of her place.

The pressure falls in the upstairs shower if a tap goes on elsewhere but the pump is 7 years old and is due to be replaced sometime as it is sort of past its best.

It is possible that your plumbing will leak but that depends on who installed it and how well.

We have had 1 leak in 9 years.

A thought for you if you think the pressure will be too high from the pump is to install a screw valve on the output side of the pump, set the valve to a low level and gradually increase it until you are happy.

Cheers

Bill

Plonker replying.

Don't know how I made a b/ll's up, can only think that my bit's have frozen solid now got to my brain what's left of it. If you want to go to my place easy to find you can pick up my spare 120 not sure what make Mitsu/Yam ??? but you would have to disconnect it easy just 4 bolt's unscrew the flanges and the wire then connect it to your set up if you buy the same make pump you would only have to undo the same 4 bolt's reuse my flange's to fix the new one they all have the same outside dimensions fixing it'll give you an idea on how the pressure go's without having to lay out monies for the wrong one have all the tool's needed you would just have to sort them out.

If you fancy doing that just ask and I'll give you direction Bill (1) found it so cant be hard. But you will have to give me a time/day so I can get someone to tie up Mr's H/M as she bite's.

Fred.

Thanks for the advice and especially the kind offer from Fred to allow me to dismantle part of his house on the proviso I can make it past his Missus. The other Bill is dropping by tomorrow so I'll get his advice and then decide what to do.

I took some of the G/F's relatives down to Rayong for a couple of days so have been out of the loop.

Lovely weather down there, no rain around 32 deg in the evening and coolish in the morning. Nice resort, mainly Thai guests and not crowded.

We did a trip around Koh Samet, no signs of oil anywhere-the only visible pollution being a large farang tourist population crammed into about 30 metres of beach on one of the island resorts with assorted vendors, dogs, jetskis and speedboats and what have you milling around them. Reminded a bloke of those nature documentaries on elephant seals.

Since getting back I managed 1725km without seeing an accident and thought maybe the Thai driving had changed. However at 1726km we saw a local policeman lying on the Nakhon Sawan-Phitsanulok road not far from the relatively new Home Pro with his damaged motorbike nearby. Not sure what hit him.

Back at the house the remedial action on the floor has been finished and it is now flat ( at least for the moment). Apparently one of the GF's nieces left a window open when it rained so the evidence was underneath the floor-it was wet. For the life of me I couldn't see any sign of water on top of the floor or localised warping under the window.

Thanks for the advice and especially the kind offer from Fred to allow me to dismantle part of his house on the proviso I can make it past his Missus. The other Bill is dropping by tomorrow so I'll get his advice and then decide what to do.

I took some of the G/F's relatives down to Rayong for a couple of days so have been out of the loop.

Lovely weather down there, no rain around 32 deg in the evening and coolish in the morning. Nice resort, mainly Thai guests and not crowded.

We did a trip around Koh Samet, no signs of oil anywhere-the only visible pollution being a large farang tourist population crammed into about 30 metres of beach on one of the island resorts with assorted vendors, dogs, jetskis and speedboats and what have you milling around them. Reminded a bloke of those nature documentaries on elephant seals.

Since getting back I managed 1725km without seeing an accident and thought maybe the Thai driving had changed. However at 1726km we saw a local policeman lying on the Nakhon Sawan-Phitsanulok road not far from the relatively new Home Pro with his damaged motorbike nearby. Not sure what hit him.

Back at the house the remedial action on the floor has been finished and it is now flat ( at least for the moment). Apparently one of the GF's nieces left a window open when it rained so the evidence was underneath the floor-it was wet. For the life of me I couldn't see any sign of water on top of the floor or localised warping under the window.

Make sure that Bill 1 brings some cookies he make's a good job making them, great when dunked in tea.

You wouldn't have to dismantle the house as the pump's in the garden connected to the well but as it never worked to good not been used for month's, now just sit's there doing nothing, not unlike H/M actually.

If you ask Bill 1 maybe he'll lend you his body protector then I wouldn't have to lock up Mr's H/M.

As luck would have it don't have any of Mr's H/M's family near us nearest is well over 400km so don't have any problem's with them opening window's, glad to hear that you have now for the time being at least got the floor sorted.

Update on Blighty.

Tonight they have threatened heavy rain wind's in the region of 80/90mph over most of Blighty the usual don't go out unless you have to, sound's pretty bad, Update tomorrow on how thing progress.

Was in London Friday and I found a place selling Tiger beer believe it or not it was more expensive than N/S at £3.50p a half pint. Then off to China Town for a bit of chop stick's £97+ for 3 of us bet you all wish you were back here enjoying the delight's.

Talking of delight's the 39 step's film was on today the 1935 version staring Robert Donut followed later by another rendition of Dad's Army, Are you being served followed by yet another Allo Allo on tomorrow cant wait fantastic What.

Nice to see you had a good time with no oil on your break.

H/M.

Fred.

I went to see Bill this morning and couldn't find his house. No matter I will call his mobile and then realised that though he gave me the number it was still on my PC at home and not in the mobile. Visit replanned for later in the week.

To quote Denis Healey, "what a silly Billy you are".

I have a spare pump at home which I will hunt out and see if it works for Bill.

I went to see Bill this morning and couldn't find his house. No matter I will call his mobile and then realised that though he gave me the number it was still on my PC at home and not in the mobile. Visit replanned for later in the week.

To quote Denis Healey, "what a silly Billy you are".

I have a spare pump at home which I will hunt out and see if it works for Bill.

Well done you one of the problem's once you get outside of K.P.P. every ware look's the same.

If your pump doesn't work you can always go and get mine 'make sure you take the 120 and not the 180' when your passing have all the tool's to sort out same tell Mr's H/M that they are in bedroom 5 and she will point the way. But be careful as the last peep's that went there has yet to surface, reminds me must ask what happened to him.

Update on Blighty heavy rain + bloody high wind's over night some up to 99mph have been reported flight's cancelled train's on go slow all in all the pit's, hopefully it will ease later as have to go out shopping.

H/M.

Fred.

Fred,

If you are around Soho again and feel like lashing out a bit you could try the Patara Thai restaurant in Greek Street. Nice Thai food with some innovative stuff like Thai style Osso Bucco.

We ate there twice when we were in London, both times were good.

As one of the many distractions to fixing up the plumbing one of my GF's niece's friends has somehow managed to lumber us with a bloody 3 week old pup whose mother has been poisoned. Looks like a Bangkaew sort. No one around the house seemed to know what to feed it so after a bit of searching on the internet I managed to find a recipe and gave it some condensed milk, dissolved sugar and egg mixture. If anyone knows of better recipes please let me know.

Cheers,

Bill

Fred,

If you are around Soho again and feel like lashing out a bit you could try the Patara Thai restaurant in Greek Street. Nice Thai food with some innovative stuff like Thai style Osso Bucco.

As one of the many distractions to fixing up the plumbing one of my GF's niece's friends has somehow managed to lumber us with a bloody 3 week old pup whose mother has been poisoned. Looks like a Bangkaew sort. No one around the house seemed to know what to feed it so after a bit of searching on the internet I managed to find a recipe and gave it some condensed milk, dissolved sugar and egg mixture. If anyone knows of better recipes please let me know.

Cheers,

Bill

Look up bottle feeding orphaned puppy's on Google lot of very good info there. You could try a vet the one near Big C is very good. Turn left out of Big C front entrance travel towards the Esso garage and he's on the left next to a crappy car place. Might be a good idea to take the Mar with you, hope this help's. N/B he's cheap as well as good.

Fred.

H/M.

Fred,

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks for the tip on Thai food in Soho might give it a go if I'm about there before I come back, I've tended to over dose on Thai in the last 25 year's or so + Mr's H/M is a great cook, 'nothing else just a great cook' The only reason we went Chinese was because I wanted Crab in ginger and spring onion also got involved with half a Duck with mixed meat's, Squid, veg oyster sauce + several other dishes lot's of drink only one Tiger small beer though.

Fred.

H/M.

Yes,know the crappy used car place-full of thoroughly pre-owned Landrovers that look like they've been towed backwards through the Dakar Rally. I'll take the dog to the vet tomorrow.

Got over the jet lag from the UK, now suffering a bit of dog lag. Locked the dog in the bathroom overnight where he got the shits from the new food, knocked over a bottle of Leo and then pissed on the floor a few times. Left quite an unusual smell, not sure if he drank any of the Leo but he was whining all night.