Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

I haven't been given the internet a miss on purpose! Since last Wednesday it's been intermittent-net and continues to be so no matter how much I complain to TOT and there isn't any other option! Hope exeter's powder is dry and ready as my potato(e) cannon conversion has become a complete failure. No rain yesterday and the only "chariots" that have passed by recently are green and have had John Deere 9500 painted on the side.

A chum of mine Mike him of the restaurant that sell's German beer has just had a new set up from TOT ??? he like you had crap internet and they fitted a new high tec cable to his WiFi and now it's all go. I will send him an Email. Update as and when.

But as your now a grass cutter I suppose that you wont have much time anyway.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

MORE rain this afternoon and yet more gifts from Changers, Takers and Kippers! Usual stuff, odd flip flops, ladies knickers you know, rumoue has it that there will be a big jumble sale in Chai Nat sunday week.

Reports coming in that Makro has Cornish Pasties ( 12 for 600bts) near the "pees" I have been in both toilets and no sign, so it could be just a ruse although sausages were mentioned, Cumberland and some other variety so I might well motor over there again in a couple of days and have another look, I expect as I write Cornish folk are scrambling down to the bus station with cool boxes, hello Mr Ginster goodbye Jackie Chan!

Readers will note that these alleged goodies turned up as that Toff from Kippers left the region, probably just a coincidence.

Oggies in Nakhon Sawan??

Must take a look next time we're passing in a Northerly direction. None in Makro in Phitsonulok today and not much in the way of alcoholic beverages either. Don't know why. Thankfully I get supplies from a local guy.

I've been pondering why you referred to Kamphaeng Phet as kippers. I just don't get the analogy and I'm sure you're not using the smell of elderly folks as a reference. So what is it?

Jerry

MORE rain this afternoon and yet more gifts from Changers, Takers and Kippers! Usual stuff, odd flip flops, ladies knickers you know, rumoue has it that there will be a big jumble sale in Chai Nat sunday week.

Reports coming in that Makro has Cornish Pasties ( 12 for 600bts) near the "pees" I have been in both toilets and no sign, so it could be just a ruse although sausages were mentioned, Cumberland and some other variety so I might well motor over there again in a couple of days and have another look, I expect as I write Cornish folk are scrambling down to the bus station with cool boxes, hello Mr Ginster goodbye Jackie Chan!

Readers will note that these alleged goodies turned up as that Toff from Kippers left the region, probably just a coincidence.

Oggies in Nakhon Sawan??

Must take a look next time we're passing in a Northerly direction. None in Makro in Phitsonulok today and not much in the way of alcoholic beverages either. Don't know why. Thankfully I get supplies from a local guy.

I've been pondering why you referred to Kamphaeng Phet as kippers. I just don't get the analogy and I'm sure you're not using the smell of elderly folks as a reference. So what is it?

Jerry

No no no, KPP kippers!

I used to love kippers when I was young but know they give me wind! So blow it had to give them up, I believe some people in Kippers have them breakfast with the stable girl! Oh did I say that?

The first bit is for the War monger Wayned.

Right got a reply from Mike who's a German by the way did you know that in German TOT mean's DEAD so now you have it. TOT put him in a Fibre Optic cable and his place is out side K.P.P. now it work's spot on not every day but he has had 20mb normally 12mb so they can do it you have to ask at TOT N/B someone who knows what they are doing and Not by phone you have to go there and have a go in person, other wise you will get the Thai not HAB.

Dave.

Stable Girls I do hope your not referring to Mrs H/M cant have her getting above her station mucker out is her correct title if you don't mind.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

More rain today and the river continues to rise but nowhere near the top on the west side, the east side is a lower bank but still ok.

Due to the rain we now have some of the finest potholes and sinkholes in all of Thailand, I was thinking I might organize some tours for viewing and for a bonus perhaps a high speed run through them, the HUB's version of the Big Dipper!

Fred I promise I wont tell anyone about the stable girl, what was her name Bumpy Bumpy?

Oggies in Nakhon Sawan??

Jerry

No no no, KPP kippers!

I used to love kippers when I was young but know they give me wind! So blow it had to give them up, I believe some people in Kippers have them breakfast with the stable girl! Oh did I say that?

Right!!

I knew the connection had to be something innocuous. Just didn't get that you guys use the anacronym with 2 pees. I was thinking of KP which I believe is the official version Thais use.

Nuts I know.

Hope your promotion of Makro's comestibles doesn't cause a run on oggies as it looks like we'll be making a Northerly transit through Nakhon Sawan in 2 or 3 weeks time.

Doubt there will be any left once folks who know their onions find out, though.

From tales I've heard on many an occasion here in Thailand, a stable girl can be hard to find. Fredob should consider himself lucky.

Jerry

• Like 2

Right got a reply from Mike who's a German by the way did you know that in German TOT mean's DEAD so now you have it. TOT put him in a Fibre Optic cable and his place is out side K.P.P. now it work's spot on not every day but he has had 20mb normally 12mb so they can do it you have to ask at TOT N/B someone who knows what they are doing and Not by phone you have to go there and have a go in person, other wise you will get the Thai not HAB.

Dave.

Stable Girls I do hope your not referring to Mrs H/M cant have her getting above her station mucker out is her correct title if you don't mind.

H/M.

Mikes place is not THAT far from the TOT office but I suspect Waye lives a bit further away that that.

My link is a direct wireless link from about 10km away to a local tower and then a wifi for about 500 metres to my house.

Dave.

H/M.

Mikes place is not THAT far from the TOT office but I suspect Waye lives a bit further away that that.

My link is a direct wireless link from about 10km away to a local tower and then a wifi for about 500 metres to my house.

Mike's is the last Soi in K.P.P that you can get a TOT line sound's crazy but that's what it is if you go another 100mt past Mike's same Soi they wont put a line in no matter what. I'm not sure but I think that they have only put the Optic cable from the road to his WI FI connection cost I think 100bt.

H/M.

J/C.

Can you use smaller word's in your post's you lost Nong/Dave after 'innocuous' comestibles/anachronism and the likes a trite to far.

Mrs H/M think's her job as cleaner out is the bizz even wares a badge denoting her status.

Update on Blighty, Bloody cold around 15c rain only a bit they have told us the weather will be flying up by Monday could go up to 20c but I'm not holding my breath. Thing's have gone up in Thailand but they have as long way to go before they reach English prices Diesel now £1.42lt I wont go on as it's bringing tears to my eyes just thinking of them.

Out for a beer with some chums tonight might have to pay with my credit card.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

I have been spending a lot of time out at Bung Borapet, the huge wetland are SE of the Nakhon Sawan HUB. I have been investigating the sightings of a new species of crocodile therein. As all will probably be aware the Siamese crocodile grows to about 12 feet in length and is roughly a khaki colour with blackish horizontal bands, now locals here are saying that there is a much bigger species in this area, they estimate it to be at least 3 feet longer ( well that how much longer it appeared with his arms outstretched and eyes to the sky). Apparently is rarely seen in day light so I take it to be nocturnal.

You will appreciate that I speak little Thai and to find a good interpreter is not easy, so I am having to do the translating, but am hoping to take an interpreter with me very soon.

The locals, when I broch the subject seem filled with fear, start chanting mantras and lurching about from one leg to the other with much waving of arms.

With so much rain this last week this could be a good time to spot the new monster of the swamp ( that my bit, hope you like it ) so hopefully next week I will have some more news for you.

For readers from Kippers, I like that bit conjurs up fishy folk that smell a bit as well as being tasty, you had best stay north of the border you may not be able to handly mysteries like this, not mention the possibly of being terrorized by huge monster crocodiles,

I have been spending a lot of time out at Bung Borapet, the huge wetland are SE of the Nakhon Sawan HUB. I have been investigating the sightings of a new species of crocodile therein. As all will probably be aware the Siamese crocodile grows to about 12 feet in length and is roughly a khaki colour with blackish horizontal bands, now locals here are saying that there is a much bigger species in this area, they estimate it to be at least 3 feet longer ( well that how much longer it appeared with his arms outstretched and eyes to the sky). Apparently is rarely seen in day light so I take it to be nocturnal.

You will appreciate that I speak little Thai and to find a good interpreter is not easy, so I am having to do the translating, but am hoping to take an interpreter with me very soon.

The locals, when I broch the subject seem filled with fear, start chanting mantras and lurching about from one leg to the other with much waving of arms.

With so much rain this last week this could be a good time to spot the new monster of the swamp ( that my bit, hope you like it ) so hopefully next week I will have some more news for you.

For readers from Kippers, I like that bit conjurs up fishy folk that smell a bit as well as being tasty, you had best stay north of the border you may not be able to handly mysteries like this, not mention the possibly of being terrorized by huge monster crocodiles,

Strike a light mateyboy are we safe in our beds? Well yes I live over the other side of the river.

Went to Makro yesterday no sign of the Sausages, Cornish Pasties or beer unless you wanted LEO ( case) at 568 a go, thats up from 495 the last time I looked. Heineken was just arriving but no Singha or any variety of Chiang, "due next squire" they said but then they would say that wouldn't they?

Fairground in the car park as well

Market down by the river between the Bangkok Road bridge and Sirhakorn Market, this is the one that will there til next the Dragon Boat racing which will be next saturday I guess.

Strike a light mateyboy are we safe in our beds? Well yes I live over the other side of the river.

Went to Makro yesterday no sign of the Sausages, Cornish Pasties or beer unless you wanted LEO ( case) at 568 a go, thats up from 495 the last time I looked. Heineken was just arriving but no Singha or any variety of Chiang, "due next squire" they said but then they would say that wouldn't they?

Market down by the river between the Bangkok Road bridge and Sirhakorn Market, this is the one that will there til next the Dragon Boat racing which will be next saturday I guess.

Thanks for the info on Makro Nong, that's saved me a wasted trip. I'll wait for a couple of weeks then try!

Thanks for the update on the crock's they have been known to grow to 4mt in the past interesting though all the same. And H/M thought that it was a new 7/11 just shows how wrong even H/M can be. At last something to go to N/S for that's if you don't find huge amounts of fume belching traffic and large roads rubbish food in BigC worth the trip.

I could rent out Mrs H/M if any one want's a body guard she sorts out the Komodo dragons we get here on the odd occasions in a trice.

Now Dave at last has come out of the closet lives on the other side of the river wrong side of the railway tracks no doubt.

So you have dragon boat racing this weekend had the K.P.P one's + market three week's ago you lot always lag behind some what no beer sausages pies in Makro and to round things orf a fair ground in the car park what delight's it must be, bet you cant wait till Christmas.

Update on Blighty.

Out last night to a local pub with chum's I had already taken a £500 bank loan for same but pleased to say that for three pint's of bitter H/M got 3p change out of £12 at that rate might even be able to have a roast lunch on Sunday Yorkshire puds of course.

You'll like this bit on the way to the pub H/M passed two lot's of copper's for the Yank's that's police with their ray guns flashing sorting out anyone going over the 50kmph/30mph speed limit, oh how H/M just love's to be in Blighty police state, no smoking in the pub's that's just another reason other than their prices why they are all closing down at a large rate. Cant wait to get back where I don't have to have one eye on the speedo all the time, even though I will have to pass N/S EEEEEEEK on the way through.

H/M.

K.P.PHET(AKA KIPPERS)

W/H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Nakohn Sawan welcomes tourists from anywhere, no disrimination here, even for people from Kippers. although they are required to wash before entering the Heavenly Hub and no sir beer ( ok looks like beer and tastes like larger) is certainly not almost £4 a pint, I hope the Bangkok Bandits dont get wind of your notesad.png

Edited for speeling mistakes

Edited by nong38

Nakohn Sawan welcomes tourists from anywhere, no disrimination here, even for people from Kippers. although they are required to wash before entering the Heavenly Hub and no sir beer ( ok looks like beer and tastes like larger) is certainly not almost £4 a pint, I hope the Bangkok Bandits dont get wind of your note:(

Edited for speeling mistakes

Of course N/S welcomes peep's that's because no bugger in their right mind would go there.

Right the News.

You wont believe this but at the moment there is on the TV the film The Great Escape and it's not even Christmas, has given H/M good idea's on how to get out of this Buddha forsaken place Blighty only one week now and I'm peed off big time. Thank the lord H/M still has all the rubbish on T/Visa to get his teeth into. Orf out now to get the shovel out of the garage.

H/M.

Just a thought the price's for beer in N/S are almost the same as Blighty by almost read more expensive after the tax increase enjoy.

Sent on my old laptop with a new Wi/Fi.

Edited by fredob43

The river continues to rise, not much of surprise at this time of year and its nowhere near the top yet but at the eastern end of town where the secondary bridge leaves Kosi Road today there is frantic work going on. This is where the new riverside road ends, as long the water does not turn right everything is fine but if it should then the city would flood, so, today an army of workers are hastily building a sandbag wall and excavater is piling up earth as well. It looks good but its likely to be just a facade with the water gets to dangerously high level, it will just put off the inevitable and come round the side, not much rain over the last 24 hours but its what is being sent down from the north that we dont know. Anxious locals are watching the flow and contemplating why Nakhon Sawan is almost out of beer!

I went to N/S Immigration today for my 90 day report, in and out in under 10 minutes. It must be the best Immigration Office in Thailand the staff are all courteous and helpful and speaking about the office its now a new office just to the right of the old one.

• Like 1

The river continues to rise, not much of surprise at this time of year and its nowhere near the top yet but at the eastern end of town where the secondary bridge leaves Kosi Road today there is frantic work going on. This is where the new riverside road ends, as long the water does not turn right everything is fine but if it should then the city would flood, so, today an army of workers are hastily building a sandbag wall and excavater is piling up earth as well. It looks good but its likely to be just a facade with the water gets to dangerously high level, it will just put off the inevitable and come round the side, not much rain over the last 24 hours but its what is being sent down from the north that we dont know. Anxious locals are watching the flow and contemplating why Nakhon Sawan is almost out of beer!

Now let me get this right I thought that N/S had already had the Berlin wall erected now it seems that was just a ruse to con everyone into a force sense of security.

Ying Luck has told everyone that this year there will be NO flooding!!! so don't know what your all panicking about.

I can visualise it now Fume's the usual flotsam and jetsam high water level's panic in the Soi's And now a new wall made from sand bag's there not diesel grey to match the colour of the tree's there per chance not forgetting the arrival of the Croc's. Oh how H/M wishes he was there to see it all in person but don't worry just the thought has brighten my day.

So now there's no Beer in Makro how are you going to raise your train set up out of the water without any beer crate's ??? May I make a suggestion move, less agro all round but please make it in a southerly direction as we don't want any of the lower class's in Kippers.

Update on Blighty well it's hot well that's what they have told us but in fact it's about 17C overcast great just the thing to get a dose of flue.

Have some good news the postman has just been and Mum's new blue parking badge has arrived so H/M is now set free parking I don't use the disabled parking bay's it just save's a fortune in parking cost's. + I can get into London without the now £8 a day fee.

Thing's have started to look up here glad to say not all down hill like N/S.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Now let me get this right I thought that N/S had already had the Berlin wall erected now it seems that was just a ruse to con everyone into a force sense of security.

Ying Luck has told everyone that this year there will be NO flooding!!! so don't know what your all panicking about.

I can visualise it now Fume's the usual flotsam and jetsam high water level's panic in the Soi's And now a new wall made from sand bag's there not diesel grey to match the colour of the tree's there per chance not forgetting the arrival of the Croc's. Oh how H/M wishes he was there to see it all in person but don't worry just the thought has brighten my day.

So now there's no Beer in Makro how are you going to raise your train set up out of the water without any beer crate's ??? May I make a suggestion move, less agro all round but please make it in a southerly direction as we don't want any of the lower class's in Kippers.

Update on Blighty well it's hot well that's what they have told us but in fact it's about 17C overcast great just the thing to get a dose of flue.

Have some good news the postman has just been and Mum's new blue parking badge has arrived so H/M is now set free parking I don't use the disabled parking bay's it just save's a fortune in parking cost's. + I can get into London without the now £8 a day fee.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Cheapskate! I bet you are up for this vat reduction in Wetherspoons on wednesday, cheap beer and food, right up your street!!!!!

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Cheapskate! I bet you are up for this vat reduction in Wetherspoons on wednesday, cheap beer and food, right up your street!!!!!
Cheapskate indeed.

We don't have a Wetherspoons near us other wise I'd use it. But have had some sort of a result might have to change my ticket back if I cant get Mum up and running have an open return but not the trip out Phoned EVA today and I can change it as many time's as I want at cost of £25 a go quite relieved as I thought I might have to pay for a single one out there and that's about £1,700 a weight orf H/M shoulder's.

Keep the mop's going I hear that there's been yet more Rain today. Hope if all go's well to be back soon.

H/M.

I went to N/S Immigration today for my 90 day report, in and out in under 10 minutes. It must be the best Immigration Office in Thailand the staff are all courteous and helpful and speaking about the office its now a new office just to the right of the old one.

That sounds good to me as I am due for a 90 day report in about a month.

When I did my extension in July it was wall to wall people. but being a young, virile and hansum man I got served quickly.

Alternative it could have been because I am a knackered old git they wanted me processed quickly in case I died on the premises.

After being down since the 15th, TOT finally got the internet back on yesterday afternoon, "intermittantly". Now instead of it being totally off it comes on for a few minutes then goes back off. During the ten days it was off you wouldn't believe the bunch of BS that I was getting from them. Although the girls st the call center are very nice, that's where it stops. When I started this response it was on but I can't send it because it's off again so I'll have to wait until it pops back on for a second. As far as fiber (US) optic that's a joke. I live in the real sticks, last house on a dirt road in the middle of sugar cane fields. I was about 10 kilometers from TOT's exchange unit and fought for over 6 years just to get internet. When they first put it in there was a bandwith cap of 1mb installed because of the quality of the lines. They said that if I wanted better I would have to get 10 customers to sign up. Hell, there aren't 10 people with phones anywhere near where I live let alone wanting to get internet as they are farmers. At the beginning of this year they installed an exchange unit about 1 kilometer away and ran new phone lines to my house and up the rate to about 5mb. I was in "hog heaven" and it has worked fine until the 15th, now the BS stars over again. The thing that worries me the most is that if I'm in athe middle of a financial transaction when it goes off where will the money end up.

As far as the "revolution" I'm putting it on hold and am preparing an all out assault on the TOT office responsible for all of this crap!

ADSL light is back on so I'm going to send this now! See you later, maybe!

Opps, can't send it they're off again. I'll wait with my finger on the post button so I can do it when it comes back on, unless I fall asleep first!

Wayned you seem to have a big problem there and I think you have no option but stick with TOT, we had them a long time ago, they did not have a ood reputation then and had to call them out several times.

Your worries of a financial error resonate with me, you have my sympathy, it might we worth going somewhere a bit more reliable to do your financial bit and bobs. Good luck with your efforts.

I will heading into the financial centre tomorrow so will be able to view the height of the mighty river and let you all know the latest position. No rain for 3 days but there is localized flooding around Nakhon Sawan Tok and in the border area with KPP.

I am using TOT wireless network.

It comes through a gap in the hills to the south west and is about a 10 km hop to the local pole.

AFAIK we have one link, next door has one, next door again has two and the Japanese middle man up the hill a bit has one.

Mine is up to 7mB for 599 baht + vat and I am just trying for an upgrade to 10 mB + vat.

The local TOT guys up in KPP are very good but the call centre girls on1100 only know what the box says.

If my link fails in working hours I ring KPP and they fix it no problem.

Out of hours and the call centre asks if I have ADSL light or not.

No ADSL light and there is a fault according to them.

In fact the ADSL light is only applicable IF you have a landline.

If I try to tell them that there is NO landline and therefore NO ADSL light they are confused.

Edited by billd766

They tried the wireless with me but unfortunately there is a small "mountain" between me and the tower. They finally got it sorted out yesterday and actually turned out to be a comedy of three problems. The first an outage that required them to put the area down and change a unit. The second, when they changed the unit, they"forgot" to reset my ADSL line. And the third, when it was reset there was a short in the local exchahge unit that caused the ADSL to be intermittant. It's sorted out now and I even got a new router out of the deal that seems to be more tolerant to a low SNR.

They tried the wireless with me but unfortunately there is a small "mountain" between me and the tower. They finally got it sorted out yesterday and actually turned out to be a comedy of three problems. The first an outage that required them to put the area down and change a unit. The second, when they changed the unit, they"forgot" to reset my ADSL line. And the third, when it was reset there was a short in the local exchahge unit that caused the ADSL to be intermittant. It's sorted out now and I even got a new router out of the deal that seems to be more tolerant to a low SNR.

Glad to hear that your back up and running at least it mean's that we in K.P.P wont be having to have anymore Yank's moving here, have two that H/M knows of at present and sorry to say one is a real pain in the butt, has now be ostracized, he had a tendency to boast about how much he had and then when it came to paying his bill always seemed to go on the missing list rum pore show.

Only hope that now your sorted we wont have any more penny whistling, just might have to send in Mrs H/M if it starts again, and I can assure you that's a fate worse than death.

Well done you on sorting it I know what it's like dealing with peep's over here and over here come to that.

Update on Blighty at the moment very nice temp: in the low 20c sunny, they have said that it will get a bit colder next week, who knows, finger's crossed they have got it wrong.

H/M

Just after my post yesterday it rained for about 45 mins heavily, today no sun so maybe more to come and according to the weather on the tv we are expecting a sizeable dump over the weekend, other provinces seem to be expecting to get a lot more than us, notably to the south east of here.

Been up the city today and viewed the river where the Ping and Nan meet, on the city side there is about 15' + to go on the other side less but no danger at the moment.

The riverside market was opening up as we motored along the riverside boulevard, it starts at Sawanvittee 49 ( where the Immigration Office is) and goes east for about 250 yards, not sure if its finishes saturday or sunday night although some traders seem to try and hang it out till the BIB tell them to push off.

Just after my post yesterday it rained for about 45 mins heavily, today no sun so maybe more to come and according to the weather on the tv we are expecting a sizeable dump over the weekend, other provinces seem to be expecting to get a lot more than us, notably to the south east of here.

Been up the city today and viewed the river where the Ping and Nan meet, on the city side there is about 15' + to go on the other side less but no danger at the moment.

The riverside market was opening up as we motored along the riverside boulevard, it starts at Sawanvittee 49 ( where the Immigration Office is) and goes east for about 250 yards, not sure if its finishes saturday or sunday night although some traders seem to try and hang it out till the BIB tell them to push off.

Only 250 yards !!! the one we got for the boat racing was over 1.5km + some in the side road's all in all over 2km, and H/M on one occasion had to walk the lot. HUB more like DUD. We have a 7 night a week market bigger than 250 yards. Then again K.P.P always has been a classy set up. What with bad internet set up doesn't seem to be picking up much now does it.

Update on Blighty no rain for over a week that's in London have had load's in Exeter though, temp around 20c blue sky's. Out today for some shopping and tonight to the pub for some decent Bitter Delish, enjoy your tasteless Leo H/M will be thinking of you every time I take a sip.

H/M.

Makro had Leo 568 a case and Singha Light that was about it, not English best bitter thats for sure and niether is the price, decisions!

Rain last night again, today so far nothing, overall situation better than 3 days ago, anyone know when the rians are due to end? Still rianing up north and that has to come south so not out of the woods yet.

Nice to see Arsenal top of the league, I bet the Queen and DOE are chuffed about that.

Makro had Leo 568 a case and Singha Light that was about it, not English best bitter thats for sure and niether is the price, decisions!

Rain last night again, today so far nothing, overall situation better than 3 days ago, anyone know when the rians are due to end? Still rianing up north and that has to come south so not out of the woods yet.

Nice to see Arsenal top of the league, I bet the Queen and DOE are chuffed about that.

There's always the roof top restaurant at over 100bt a go for Leo.

Update on Blighty weather holding up not had any rain for week's temp: around the lower 20c most day's they do predict heavy rain for Thursday clearing on Friday back up to the 20c again.

Crap on the TV most day's repeats repeats I have seen most of the programs and I've not even been here H/M get's much better on his Thai CTH set up.

This is for the Brit's among us, Saturday started off with a nice fry up followed by a large manx Kipper + some great bread for lunch and a Cornish pasty for tea that was washed down with a nice pint of Bitter all very Delish.

Oh How I wish I was back there in all the rain and rice dishes.

So far so good Mum's improving slowly not sure yet on when H/M will return got to get her right first. Panic ye not he will return ASAP only hope that N/S wont be flooded as normal to slow my journey back to the upper class K.P.PHET.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43