Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Wanting to understand what you considered good food I tried to use the dictionary to find you what you ate.

"This is for the Brit's among us, Saturday started off with a nice fry up followed by a large manx Kipper + some great bread for lunch and a Cornish pasty for tea that was washed down with a nice pint of Bitter all very Delish."

Fry-up: easily understood as a meal of fried food. I prefer cajun fried oysters or catfish.

Large Manx kipper; Manx is a person from the Isle of Man. Kipper is food preserved in salt. So you had a large person from the Isle of Man that had been preserved in salt. Not very appetizing in my opinion and could be against the law!

Cornish pastry: Sounds like a meat and potato filled "pop tart". Not very inventive but might be good if done right.

Tea: Understood as an afternoon snack.

Bitter: You drank something that has a "strong and unpleasant flavor" doesn't sound too nice but to each his own!

Delish: understood: as abbreviation for "tastes great"!

Still trying to understand why you would consider eating a large salted person from the Isle of Man and washing hiim/her down with something that has a strong unpleasant flavor Delish! But as I said, "To each his own!"

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

Wanting to understand what you considered good food I tried to use the dictionary to find you what you ate.

"This is for the Brit's among us, Saturday started off with a nice fry up followed by a large manx Kipper + some great bread for lunch and a Cornish pasty for tea that was washed down with a nice pint of Bitter all very Delish."

Fry-up: easily understood as a meal of fried food. I prefer cajun fried oysters or catfish.

Large Manx kipper; Manx is a person from the Isle of Man. Kipper is food preserved in salt. So you had a large person from the Isle of Man that had been preserved in salt. Not very appetizing in my opinion and could be against the law!

Cornish pastry: Sounds like a meat and potato filled "pop tart". Not very inventive but might be good if done right.

Bitter: You drank something that has a "strong and unpleasant flavor" doesn't sound too nice but to each his own!

Still trying to understand why you would consider eating a large salted person from the Isle of Man and washing hiim/her down with something that has a strong unpleasant flavor Delish! But as I said, "To each his own!"

They dam furriners as my old Dad used to say.

I did say it was for Brit's not Peep's from a country that has CLOSED down.

Fry up local lingo for egg grilled smoked back bacon sausage large mushroom's +++ (some thing's not available in Thailand)

Manx kipper is a non died smoked herring also not available in Thailand like wise the Cornish pasty. Re bitter a very tasty ale NOT akin to the watered down weak stuff sold in America like Bud.

Must admit though that if you ate fry up's and Cornish pasty's every day one could obtain a very large belly now we are getting back to the Yank's again, so you should be conversant with that bit.

Having ate real Cajun food H/M must agree that he would love to have a night or two consuming their tasty morsels now that is 'Delish' (upper crust lingo meaning delicious) but as you know you cant get any of that there either, and to have to travel to a non open country to consume same heaven forbid just not Cricket.

I liked it better when someone we know had a black out with his comp: even the lower class's edged their game up a trite on TV.

For the Brit's update on Blighty weather red sky this morning EEEEEK on the turn Thursday we will have a huge amount of rain clearing overnight, Friday clear sky's temp: back up to the low 20c, all in all very pleasant. But H/M has sorted out some of his ski gear just in case. Still not to sure yet on my return hopefully before Christmas had to spend last year here for that and have to say not a joyous experience.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

2 days now and no rain but still localsied flooding around, the Govts are doing their best only yesterday I saw a pick up with some tarmac in it throwing the contents into potholes, they made a wonderful job as every vehicle was avoiding the new effort, pity they only got to 2 holes. The off main roads are not in good condition and some have reduced width now as well.

Will check the river height tomorrow but dont expect to much of a problem, all on its way to Bangkok.

2 days now and no rain but still localsied flooding around, the Govts are doing their best only yesterday I saw a pick up with some tarmac in it throwing the contents into potholes, they made a wonderful job as every vehicle was avoiding the new effort, pity they only got to 2 holes. The off main roads are not in good condition and some have reduced width now as well.

Will check the river height tomorrow but dont expect to much of a problem, all on its way to Bangkok.

Have had a thought running through my head for the last day or two on how to keep the Colonist's (and any lower class's come to that) out of upper crust city.

H/M has now come up with what seems the only way out.

In AD 122 us Brits to-wit Hadrian built a wall some 73 mile's long to keep out the invading Roman's, just the thing H/M thought.

Have sent an etex 'upper crust email' to the founding father's of K.P.P and they seem to think it's a good idea shouldn't be any problem planning wise as that place N/S now has the Berlin wall no doubt by now covered in graffiti to keep thing's out in their case water + the odd Croc: ours would be built of brick in keeping with K.P.P image not just concrete and I hear now sand bag's. How's that going by the way??? not washed away perchance.

Now waiting for the first set of plan's to be sent for H/M approval, won't be able to tell all much to secrete of course.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H/CITY.

The founding fathers of KPP are all dead so now you H/M talks to the dead, is a medium who charges 50bts for a cheap fortune telling experience that you will never forget but you do get keep the horse manure ( bring a bag ).

Meanwhile we have had more rain in the heavenly city and this is more localized flooding, the river is higher but still no danger of a wall breach. Locals are comforted by the kind words of the PM and Govt and are assured ther will be no floodingblink.png

The founding fathers of KPP are all dead so now you H/M talks to the dead, is a medium who charges 50bts for a cheap fortune telling experience that you will never forget but you do get keep the horse manure ( bring a bag ).

Meanwhile we have had more rain in the heavenly city and this is more localized flooding, the river is higher but still no danger of a wall breach. Locals are comforted by the kind words of the PM and Govt and are assured ther will be no flooding:blink:

Ok I'll come out of the closet.

Dave you would more than likely remember the film when it came out the first time, LOST HORIZON made in 1937 stared Ronald Colman about a city that peep's never grew old due to the place being clean and out of the grasp's of the lower class.

Well it was filmed in K.P.P then known as Shangri La still is to us upper class that live there.

I can assure you that the founding father's are still alive and kicking can be seen on the odd occasion water skiing down the ping river.

Why do you think that it never flood's here and we wont allow any major road's or railway's to come through the city, last thing they the Founding Father's would let happen.

You lot just plod along and enjoy the Traffic, Flotsam, Fume's, Flood's Un Repaired road's, over the top beer prices, along with the colonist's from the land that cant pay their debt's, while us U/C bathe in our clean air and dine in non Thai restaurant's and cheap price's.

Orf now as Dad's army is just about to start.

H/M.

SHANGRI LA.

AKA K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Dad's Army how very apt! I think the film you talk about is in your mind, never heard of it, here it more like Coccoon, you remember that one where people stay young.

Now then lots more rain and more roads flooded off the beaten track, river is higher but nowhere near the top, lots junk coming down from KPP area, saddles, horse shoes(plastic), riding helmets, gents Y fronts with Union Jack on, ladies underwear the size of life jackets, 7-11 bags full of empty Tiger bottles, what strange people up river!

The riverside market has doubled in size and is due to reach its peak this weekend with the boat racing, all stands and load speakers in situ, just need the rain to stay away, none today so far but the pressure is falling.

Have been down to the riverside market tonight, lots of people a rather larger event than anything H/M can put on thats for sure! The river is flowing well and a long way off the top although at the northern and southern ends of the prom its about 6' from the top and sandbags have been put in the gaps down to the river. No rain today so far.

Dad's Army how very apt! I think the film you talk about is in your mind, never heard of it, here it more like Coccoon, you remember that one where people stay young.

Now then lots more rain and more roads flooded off the beaten track, river is higher but nowhere near the top, lots junk coming down from KPP area, saddles, horse shoes(plastic), riding helmets, gents Y fronts with Union Jack on, ladies underwear the size of life jackets, 7-11 bags full of empty Tiger bottles, what strange people up river!

The riverside market has doubled in size and is due to reach its peak this weekend with the boat racing, all stands and load speakers in situ, just need the rain to stay away, none today so far but the pressure is falling.

What you mob don't seen to realise is that there is more than one river like the roads feeding N/S that's why it flood's all the time. Cant be our trash coming down the river Ping. Ladies underwear the size of life jacket's not a chance they are Mr's H/M unless they have shrunk of course, on second thought's cant be Hers as she only has one pare.

If you can make your comp: work look up Lost Horizon it'll be there it was made in 1937 I know your memory is not to good now I put it down to the condition's there. Cocoons isn't that the one where everyone that had half a brain was substituted buy dribbling peep's got it now.

So the market is now twice the size as before now 500mt long way short of Shangri La's one that was well over 2km part of ours a kid's bit was about 750mt alone.

Update on Blighty tonight at 7pm there's another Dad's Army yet again had a look in the TV time's today and every program on BBC 2 is a repeat I ask you what is this place coming too. My Buddha even N/S isn't that bad, Na there's nothing as bad as that place bring on BBC 2. Just about to start is Blood Alley staring John Wayne and that's followed by Lethal Weapon 3. almost as exciting as a night market in Cocoon town.

H/M.

SHANGRI LA.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Dads Army is a new series then, not a repeat? I see they are bring back "Open all Hours" fro Christmas as well, TV everywhere has gone down the drain, I expect that will be the next thing coming down the Ping, old TV's stuck on BBC2clap2.gif

The rain is still away and the river is doing its stuff, sending all the junk further south, dare we say its over? At least we dont runaway to Blighty at the first sight of rain eh!

After Patters we have the second largest contingent of retired SAS and SBS, Navy SEALS in the Kingdom, fear not Thailand, Dads Army is here to protect you ( but not when the bar is open).

Dads Army is a new series then, not a repeat? I see they are bring back "Open all Hours" fro Christmas as well, TV everywhere has gone down the drain, I expect that will be the next thing coming down the Ping, old TV's stuck on BBC2:clap2:

The rain is still away and the river is doing its stuff, sending all the junk further south, dare we say its over? At least we dont runaway to Blighty at the first sight of rain eh!

After Patters we have the second largest contingent of retired SAS and SBS, Navy SEALS in the Kingdom, fear not Thailand, Dads Army is here to protect you ( but not when the bar is open).

Don't know if anyone has seen Uttaradit welcome sign like you lower class mob they seem to be living in a dream world can be seen on the Uttaradit posting's central Thailand. Go's something like this Welcome to Uttaradit Dream Land, Heaven on Earth!!! not your idea was it Dave ????

Gone down the drain is just about the right wording.

Just looked on TV weather Thursday is D Day seems we have a high coming over that is going to give us north winds cold, temp: dropping to about 12/13c but feeling like 7/8c with the wind chill, but we do have BBC2 to fall back on this afternoon there's Are you being served, followed by Allo Allo, and then Cagney & Lacey, believe it or not that the best thing on, Oh what joy.

Have had to change ticket back to the 30th Nov: even though Mum is getting better still not 100% a few more week's and she should be back to square 1 finger's crossed, what H/M will be like by then Buddha only knows might have to sleep in the oven to keep warm don't panic it's electric.

There won't be any TV's floating down the river from us U/Crust's cant get BBC2 in Shangri La and CTH + the cable stuff we get there knock's the sock's orf the Beeb.

Spoke to Mr's H/M yesterday we are getting rain but mostly night time the Ping is low so it's got to be one of your 'other' river's that is giving you all the trouble. Did hear that the dam's are getting full and they will have to release some of the water Christ knows what will happen then. K.P.P would be ok N/S would get a bit, but town's nearer BKK could be in trouble.

Cant wait to get back as Blighty is driving me crazy.

H/M.

SHANGRI LA.

W/H/CITY.

I was in KPP this morning and the river Ping is definitely down and the water is so clean with NO floating junk in it anywhere.

I think the lower down Thailand you live the crazier you get especially if it is Nakhon Sawan.

Up here in the mountains of course the air is clean and fresh and the river rarely overflows but then again why would it there is no trash to block the flow.

Global house in KPP is open with lots of tasy young ladies just willing to satisfy your desires but when I asked a guy for a part for my strimmer it was an instant "mai mee". I even showed him a picture and then turned it the right way up as well, but still mai mee.

I even picked up a brand new strimmer for sale and showed him EXACTLY but he just wandered off mumbling something about farang baa or ting tong.

The girls were very friendly and helpfull up to the time SWMBO showed up and then they all vanished for some reason.

Anyway Fred I am glad to hear that your Mum is improving.

Cheers

from the hall of the mountain king

Edited by billd766

I was in KPP this morning and the river Ping is definitely down and the water is so clean with NO floating junk in it anywhere.

I think the lower down Thailand you live the crazier you get especially if it is Nakhon Sawan.

Up here in the mountains of course the air is clean and fresh and the river rarely overflows but then again why would it there is no trash to block the flow.

Global house in KPP is open with lots of tasy young ladies just willing to satisfy your desires but when I asked a guy for a part for my strimmer it was an instant "mai mee". I even showed him a picture and then turned it the right way up as well, but still mai mee.

I even picked up a brand new strimmer for sale and showed him EXACTLY but he just wandered off mumbling something about farang baa or ting tong.

The girls were very friendly and helpfull up to the time SWMBO showed up and then they all vanished for some reason.

Cheers

MR's H/M told me about the Ping never a bit of crap any ware as normal low unlike N/S when I was there last time going to the visa office the sand bank's were full of rubbish plastic old bike's shopping trollies.

Usual regarding multi store's if they don't know Mai Mee.

Paul aka Mr Scrooge has now moved into the new place tea and coffee can now be obtained rush along sharpish before he run's out of same.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

Cheers

MR's H/M told me about the Ping never a bit of crap any ware as normal low unlike N/S when I was there last time going to the visa office the sand bank's were full of rubbish plastic old bike's shopping trollies.

Paul aka Mr Scrooge has now moved into the new place tea and coffee can now be obtained rush along sharpish before he run's out of same.

H/M.

I haven't heard from him for a while. I wonder if he has a kettle yet?

Cheers

H/M.

Never has had a kettle got one of those water heater thing's work's ok well it did that's if it's not got buggered up in the move.

Blighty is overcast today getting colder Tomorrow will be pretty bad so they say, EEEEEEEEK out with the ski gear will be the order of the day H/M think's. Only hope the comp: doesn't freeze up.

You'll be pleased to hear that Mr's H/M did better than last year at the K.P.P Banana festival that's on going at the moment, entered the Miss Banana competition and managed to come 8th out of the 6 entries but she's not deterred as it's a lot better than the 10 place that she attained last time.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

Uttaradit and Nakhon Sawan are rumoured to be doing a twinning, keep an eye on you lot in Kippers.

The river is flowing well here and not getting higher so, no rain again today looks good, very grey this afternoon but no dump which is good because in the very near future we are off to Patters on a good will visit, bit of rest and relaxation after the recent mayhem. No outriders or closing of the road, very low key visit, bit of a recci for the local tour operators ( 10% commission).

Life is good in Nakhon Sawan, the air is good in Tokland, it was another balmy night, we saw the sun go down over the yard arm and had a G & T and some convivial conversation, although got to admit the cats didnt say too much!

Yes Blighty has some bad weather coming up I see so if you some chap in a Red coat Jodphurs and flip flops, take him into the nearest Wetherspoons and take care of him for us!

Toodle Pip!

Cheers

H/M.

Bill.

Update on the tea front via Paul he's had a slight accident on his bloody Honda M/C broken several bone's in his left foot + has quite a few graze's about his left side has to hobble about, so don't rush round for a cupper, flower's might be a welcome gift though.

Am a little bit worried about our chum in N/S to-wit Dave he also seems to be losing the plot not to sure if it was the threat's from the colonists or the thought's of yet more flooding.

He rambling on about twinning with Uttaradit or some such thing, Buddha forbid but must admit pretty apt as if you have ever been there you would now it's at best dead or alive ah the pit's now that's the word's I'm searching for.

He's orf to Pat's yet again only hope his G/L doesn't find out what he's up to as he could end up like Paul or even a trite worse but H/M has been informed that Thai Doctor's are very good at sewing bit's back on.

Update on Blighty,

Well it's arrived the bad weather that is high wind's cold well freezing to be more precise the heating has to be on 24/7 all in all not to good.

Got to go to Mum's doctor this morning to sort out some tablet's for her neck hope this time they can give her the right one's.

A very cold & not to happy H/M.

Edited by fredob43

Sounds like Kippers and Blighty are the same to me.

No rain again, another balmy day, temps up and not like the cold damp old Blighty, you will have to hobble of the plane my friend when you return.

We look forward to our state visit to Patters, spread a bit of goodwill and deter peeps from carrying onto Kippers ( Land of Dads Army and the Landgirls).

Let us sleep well in our beds knowing that beer supplies have returned to almost normal albeit with a new tax to the govt and the river CP is not rising, unlike Arsenal who are top of the league as our man in Blighty forgot to mentionw00t.gif .

Sounds like Kippers and Blighty are the same to me.

No rain again, another balmy day, temps up and not like the cold damp old Blighty, you will have to hobble of the plane my friend when you return.

We look forward to our state visit to Patters, spread a bit of goodwill and deter peeps from carrying onto Kippers ( Land of Dads Army and the Landgirls).

Let us sleep well in our beds knowing that beer supplies have returned to almost normal albeit with a new tax to the govt and the river CP is not rising, unlike Arsenal who are top of the league as our man in Blighty forgot to mentionw00t.gif .

H/M is a West Ham supporter as you well know we beat Spur's 3/0 on Sunday still toward the bottom of the league though so never look at the top bit that all the posers support nice to see M/U not doing to well for a change.

Managed to get yet more Manx Kipper's from Tesco the other day had two already and delish they were the other 4 are residing in the deep freeze for a later delish'ness might indulge tomorrow.

Update Blighty.

Still freezing big time high wind's, but did manage to get Mum's tablet's pain killer's sorted today Doc has given her morphine patches and so far so good. the pain has subsided might not even have to use the new thick rope I've obtained.

Enjoy your trip to Pat's land of the Ruskies.

Now let me get this right haven't you had several trip's there already this year is it because you like the place or cant as H/M suspects stand more than a month at a time in N/S??? When I get back I'll ask the founding father's about a two day visa for Shangri La so you can see what an upper class city is like.

H/M.

SHANGRI LA.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

Its another hot day in downtown Nakhon Sawan, still no rain and the river flows serenly on down to Bangkok carrying all the chuck outs from un named places up river.

Blighty is a long way to go for Kippers, like going from Kippers to Kippers Ah Ho! Still it must be an eye opener to spot the prices rising as you watch and thats without the impending fuel hikes due next month.

I think life in the UK is now an existance rather than a life, so very expensive, you enjoy the excellent beers and foods ( but not the prices). I think you will be glad to get back, leave West Ham to get on with it, by the way do you also blow bubbles?

Its another hot day in downtown Nakhon Sawan, still no rain and the river flows serenly on down to Bangkok carrying all the chuck outs from un named places up river.

Blighty is a long way to go for Kippers, like going from Kippers to Kippers Ah Ho! Still it must be an eye opener to spot the prices rising as you watch and thats without the impending fuel hikes due next month.

I think life in the UK is now an existance rather than a life, so very expensive, you enjoy the excellent beers and foods ( but not the prices). I think you will be glad to get back, leave West Ham to get on with it, by the way do you also blow bubbles?

8.6% what's that I hear peep's ask well it's what gas and electric are going up in mid Nov:

As luck would have it it's cheaper for H/M to stay in Blighty than being there, I don't know how she does it but Mr's H/M seems to live on thin air not counting electric water she's managed to only get through about 6,000bt in well over a month. H/M blow's at least 6x that.

Other than booze it's free here good old Mum pay's for everything.

Re the Bubble's went to a Christmas party 2 year's ago in K.P.P and everyone's present from me was a bubble kit it went down a storm well H/M thought it did.

Unlike the local pub near Mum's where all the peep's are Spur's supporter's, all I did the other night was walk in singing that top West ham song blowing Bubbles while blowing through a plastic ring emanating soapy thing's, then just happened to mention how did Spur's get on last Sunday, that was before I had asked come on then what come's after 2 and before 1. Thank Buddha some peep's have a cense of humour.

Under 7 week's to go now but I'm not counting OK it's 38 day's 3 hour's 16 Min: but by the time you all read this will be even less.

Weather is still rough windy odd bit of rain the worse bit is the bloody cold down to 7c last night, only hope the roast din with all the trimming's warm's H/M up trite tomorrow.

Dave why are you not in Pattaya, swatting up on your Russian perchance ????

H/M.

EX SHANGRI LA.

I’m on a trip to Europe with my Thai GF and just had a Cornish pasty in Grasmere, Lakes District-very nice indeed. One thing though I’ve not been able to get a meal of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, went into London pub advertising such a meal but I was advised the beef had become chicken which wasn’t what I wanted so I settled for fish and chips. Bloody awful, batter could have been used as armour plating on a dreadnought and the fish inside had shrivelled to vanishing point. Thought about going to the Savoy who do a nice roast dinner, albeit for a King’s Ransom but didn’t have a coat and tie and then the bank turned down the loan application which put an end to it .

Temperature here in Ambleside is a balmy 8 deg with showers which is better than the Isle of Mull, Scotland where it was 1 deg on the day we left and the day before 8 deg with 40 knot winds.

We’re back in KPP Province on Wednesday where they tell me it’s a bit warmer.

I'm surprised that when you ordered the roast beef they didn't just serve you the chicken or the fish smothered in either brown or gray gravy. You wouldn't have been able to tell the difference!

Weather in NS yesterday a balmy 32 degrees and sunny! No bank loans or coat, tie, overcoat, gloves, boots or hats required to have and excellent meal without brown or gray gravy!

Edited by wayned

I’m on a trip to Europe with my Thai GF and just had a Cornish pasty in Grasmere, Lakes District-very nice indeed. One thing though I’ve not been able to get a meal of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, went into London pub advertising such a meal but I was advised the beef had become chicken which wasn’t what I wanted so I settled for fish and chips. Bloody awful, batter could have been used as armour plating on a dreadnought and the fish inside had shrivelled to vanishing point. Thought about going to the Savoy who do a nice roast dinner, albeit for a King’s Ransom but didn’t have a coat and tie and then the bank turned down the loan application which put an end to it .

Temperature here in Ambleside is a balmy 8 deg with showers which is better than the Isle of Mull, Scotland where it was 1 deg on the day we left and the day before 8 deg with 40 knot winds.

You could have tried Simpson's in the strand very nice but you would have needed a bank loan.

EG their mixed fruit and yoghurt brecky the cheapest thing on the menu is a mere £19. R/Beef don't ask.

I'm in Blighty now have several more week's before my return to K.P.P so you know how I feel.

Cant believe you chose to come here this time of year. I had no choice only hope I don't freeze up before I leave.

Have a good trip back to Shangri La aka K.P.PHET.

H/M.

Up here in the mountains of KPP next to the Mae Wong national park it was 36 at 2 pm this afternoon and down to a nice cool 25 at 6 am this morning. The breeze was cool and fresh too.

Up here in the mountains of KPP next to the Mae Wong national park it was 36 at 2 pm this afternoon and down to a nice cool 25 at 6 am this morning. The breeze was cool and fresh too.

Thanks for that Bill just what I needed.

About 7c last night bright morning overcast afternoon temp: got up to about 12c.

Got to go shopping tomorrow thank Buddha Mum's car has a good heater I'll need it. The only thing that's keeping me going is the food but am missing the chilli + Mrs H/M cooking big time.

Paul has now stopped working decided to do that after he had a bit of a fall while trying to carry a seat + other bit's while on crutches. Tosser now there's a word.

Fred.

• Like 1

Thanks for the weather updates, chose to travel at this time of year to avoid the crowds but didn't seem to make much difference. Isle of Mull were preparing to run their annual car rally and there were people everywhere in the Lakes District, couldn't get into a couple of restaurants on Monday night as they were full.

Had a good run down the M6, M1 and M25 to Heathrow. No potholes or homicidal maniacal drivers and, unbelievably no traffic jams. I've got 24 hours to reset expectations before getting in a car at Swampy, I'm guessing the N/S to KPP road is just one big pothole by now.

We're currently at a Heathrow hotel watching the weather forecast. Looks like it isn't all bad news for the south of England-whilst they are expecting morning fog just in time for the for the rush hour and lingering thereafter the good news is that the rain will move in and clear it away. Might constrain any fox hunting activities however.

Dinner food hasn't improved-no roast beef at this hotel so ordered steak cooked medium. After waiting the best part of an hour it arrived rare so I sent it back. And back it came a little bit warmer but still rare. The waiter asked if it was OK so I told him it wasn't but I was past arguing so told him to give me the bill. The b@stards had added an optional service change which I disputed, at which point my Thai GF decided she didn't want to be part of a scene and slunk out of the restaurant. The bill was suitably adjusted and with some consolation groveling from the waiters I left and took solace in a Mars bar in the room.

Thanks for the weather updates, chose to travel at this time of year to avoid the crowds but didn't seem to make much difference. Isle of Mull were preparing to run their annual car rally and there were people everywhere in the Lakes District, couldn't get into a couple of restaurants on Monday night as they were full.

Had a good run down the M6, M1 and M25 to Heathrow. No potholes or homicidal maniacal drivers and, unbelievably no traffic jams. I've got 24 hours to reset expectations before getting in a car at Swampy, I'm guessing the N/S to KPP road is just one big pothole by now.

We're currently at a Heathrow hotel watching the weather forecast. Looks like it isn't all bad news for the south of England-whilst they are expecting morning fog just in time for the for the rush hour and lingering thereafter the good news is that the rain will move in and clear it away. Might constrain any fox hunting activities however.

Dinner food hasn't improved-no roast beef at this hotel so ordered steak cooked medium. After waiting the best part of an hour it arrived rare so I sent it back. And back it came a little bit warmer but still rare. The waiter asked if it was OK so I told him it wasn't but I was past arguing so told him to give me the bill. The b@stards had added an optional service change which I disputed, at which point my Thai GF decided she didn't want to be part of a scene and slunk out of the restaurant. The bill was suitably adjusted and with some consolation groveling from the waiters I left and took solace in a Mars bar in the room.

The road out of N/S to K.P.Phet has always been bad!!! after you get to the welcome to K.P.P World heritage city sign all's now good have resurfaced 90% with the rest being done as I tap. Just out of BKK could be rough though, Had lot's of flood's lately.

Don't do any fox hunting here now, only in K.P.P and that's not to catch fox's that's to keep the place clear from all the lower classes from N/S from trying to sneak in.

Have a good trip and make the most of the Mar's bar it's chilli from now on.

If ever your in K.P.P town there's several place's that do a fair imported steak, and they cook it to your liking around £4 with all the trimming's. Oh and NO service charge.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43