Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

American bacon should be fatty, so when you fry it the fat gets good and crisp (salt it before frying) and then it sticks good to the inside of your arteries or adds to the girth of your midsection. Yummy!

There's fatty and fatty just brought some and it was about 20% fat delish some time's it can be 80% fat I know how to cook it crispy but the last thing I want is to have 90% of it left in the griddle as molten grease, and a 14" rasher reduced to I" "= inch sorry I don't do metric.

Re J/C post the best meal I ever had at Christmas was a cheddar cheese sandwich with Branston pickle proper food, now I have to go to an English peep's house for turkey and all the trimming's but I still dream of the cheddar sarny. Sorry I'm English so don't do thanks giving.

So what were the Cumberland dog's like ??? got them in K.P.Phet Makro never tried them as get mine from an English butcher in Pattaya, if there ok will give them a try.

They're okay and you can definitely recognise the variety of sausage you're eating. They may be a little overspiced with white pepper for some tastes and the skins are a bit tough.

If they improved the quality of the skins the sausage would be more succulent.

Would buy them again if I saw them.

Jerry

Just thought if the skins are a bit tough a large pot of boiling salted water take off the heat put the dog's in for three Min: and then pat dry and fry like normal will soften the skins they also cook more evenly due to them being hot inside. Don't panic it work's.

N/B if the dogs are thin two Min: will be better.

H/M.

Thanks, appreciate the thought.

We had a bit of a get together at our place on Saturday and the last pack went onto the grill as a late eveneing snack.and there were no left-overs. Maybe the level of alcohol on the breath was sufficient to melt the skins

Boiling them first seems a bit of a faff, but I'll give it a try should I encounter the problem again.

Jerry

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I told by the BIB all the junk in the river had a note on it which roughly says ( its in Thai so I am translating it ) "if found please return to..............KPP. Shows whata load of unruly folks you have up there, cant see how any peace talks can take place until you stop throwing all your junk in the Ping and sending down to us.

So you have forgotten the cricket season and now appear in your Leyton Orient shirt or is it Chingford Town?

No not forgotten the Cricket but as you know can be at time's a bit hit and miss quality wise. Now I have CTH all the sport is in H.D and there's so much of it I'm lost for choice. Might have to change my Ticket back to Blighty update as and when.

The rubbish doesn't come from us our bit of river is spotless, could be from those Colonists. I think he lives by a river.

J.C You don't boil them just put in very hot water softens the skin and they never split not that they would if they had rubber skins your right after a few beer's who cares anyway.

H/M.

From what I told by the BIB all the junk in the river had a note on it which roughly says ( its in Thai so I am translating it ) "if found please return to..............KPP. Shows whata load of unruly folks you have up there, cant see how any peace talks can take place until you stop throwing all your junk in the Ping and sending down to us.

So you have forgotten the cricket season and now appear in your Leyton Orient shirt or is it Chingford Town?

No not forgotten the Cricket but as you know can be at time's a bit hit and miss quality wise. Now I have CTH all the sport is in H.D and there's so much of it I'm lost for choice. Might have to change my Ticket back to Blighty update as and when.

The rubbish doesn't come from us our bit of river is spotless, could be from those Colonists. I think he lives by a river.

J.C You don't boil them just put in very hot water softens the skin and they never split not that they would if they had rubber skins your right after a few beer's who cares anyway.

H/M.

Update on Ticket back to Blighty now been changed to the 12th to much to sort out in 4 weeks if I went on the 24th, flying EVA Air Royal premium class as befits us upper class peeps. No I haven't won the lotto my mother pays for it for my Chrissy pressy. Note to self must give her a big kiss.

H/M.

Went to Makro today and they have those bi packs of American style streaky bacon, 229bts I think, now back to the cricket, England 9 miles north of Dublin take on the Irish end their 50 overs on 269-7.

Just a thought, I have been looking for a small air con, 9000btu, Looking around town I have noticed that nearly all the ordinary air cons have now been replaced on the shelves by the more expensive inverter models, looks like the shops or manufacturers are artificially raising the prices, take a look. If you want an ordinary one best move fast.

H/M.

Update on Ticket back to Blighty now been changed to the 12th to much to sort out in 4 weeks if I went on the 24th, flying EVA Air Royal premium class as befits us upper class peeps. No I haven't won the lotto my mother pays for it for my Chrissy pressy. Note to self must give her a big kiss.

H/M.

Does that mean you get to sit with Captain?

H/M.

H/M.

Does that mean you get to sit with Captain?

Of course, the seat next to him will be reserved for the pilot so he can get a good nights rest after he programs the INS and turns on the AP. Unfortunately the co-pilot will have to sleep in his seat pretending to read the newspaper! You think that I am kidding!

Don't you just love it when you spend time putting in a post only to be told at the end that you have put in to many post what ever about time TV got their act together.

Eva told me yesterday that I could upgrade for free that's because I live in K.P.P and they didn't want me to have to sit next to any of the lower class over the railway mob from N/S. But I said that I would use my card point's up otherwise they would have nicked them and good old Mum paid the rest just over £100.

Re the Aircon: how much are they asking ??? just got a price for a 12K BTU one for a double bedroom and it was 17K bt fitted, will wait for that as Mrs H/M only does her sewing in there she will just have to use a fan. Have a 33K BTU one in the lounge never used that's because when I turn it on all the lights dim Buddha knows what it'll cost and hour to run the two fan compressor is bigger than my Limo. Bloody expensive these Aircons: My last electric bill was nearly 4k and we 'well I' do turn off things as much as poss.

H/M.

Don't you just love it when you spend time putting in a post only to be told at the end that you have put in to many post what ever about time TV got their act together.

Eva told me yesterday that I could upgrade for free that's because I live in K.P.P and they didn't want me to have to sit next to any of the lower class over the railway mob from N/S. But I said that I would use my card point's up otherwise they would have nicked them and good old Mum paid the rest just over £100.

Re the Aircon: how much are they asking ??? just got a price for a 12K BTU one for a double bedroom and it was 17K bt fitted, will wait for that as Mrs H/M only does her sewing in there she will just have to use a fan. Have a 33K BTU one in the lounge never used that's because when I turn it on all the lights dim Buddha knows what it'll cost and hour to run the two fan compressor is bigger than my Limo. Bloody expensive these Aircons: My last electric bill was nearly 4k and we 'well I' do turn off things as much as poss.

H/M.

I only need a 9000btu air con but have only seen 2 that are not inverters, Haier at 11900bts and a Samsung at 13900bts ( this one at Big C I think you have also pay for the bracket about 500bts more). We are getting the Haier delivered tomorrow for 11500bts fitted ( the bracket may appear for 500 though ) before all the non inverters disappear.

H/M.

I only need a 9000btu air con but have only seen 2 that are not inverters, Haier at 11900bts and a Samsung at 13900bts ( this one at Big C I think you have also pay for the bracket about 500bts more). We are getting the Haier delivered tomorrow for 11500bts fitted ( the bracket may appear for 500 though ) before all the non inverters disappear.
Thanks for that so the price of 17k for 12K BTU seems about right. Will get on my return. Was in Makro today and they didn't have any on display, just lots of TV's.

H/M

H/M.

Thanks for that so the price of 17k for 12K BTU seems about right. Will get on my return. Was in Makro today and they didn't have any on display, just lots of TV's.

H/M

That looks about right Fred, the inverters will only save you money if you are running them a great deal, might be ok for a hotel, but we only use ours intermittently so I would never see the returns, this is a heads up for anyone who is looking for an air con soon.

I remember in the UK when the cathode ray tube tv's vanished to be ( women- "I dont want one of those f___ing great things in my front room!") replaced by LQD and PLasma tv's the change happened from nowhere and it changed within a year, prices for the new stuff was much higher but it came down, so, can you wait?

What's a cathode ray tube??? Re the I don't want one of those F...ing great things in my front room I never had any problems in fact quite the opposite.

H/M.

The pictures on the CRT TV was actually better but it was time for a change, the first plasma we had was 50" panasonic took 4 men to lift it £12000, hope your wall is strong enough!

The air con chappies have turned up, hurrah.

So Fred you never told us of your Football preferences but it has to be either West Ham or the Yiddos ( I think I can that here, certainly cant in the UK even though they have lots of Jewish supporters- I have nothing against Jewish people in case anyone is getting out of their chair.)

OK Fred come clean.

Still trying to understand why you guys are so involved with cricket! A dried fried bug!

Cricket a proper sport played by gentlemen. We have other sports played by LADIES called rounder's, that's the thing you lot have copied I think you call it baseball. Then there's net ball also played by LADIES you call it shooting hoops??? or some such thing don't get me going about rugby started in Rugby you I believe are conversant with same played by very fit strong men with nothing to protect themselves other than their wit, you call football where all the so called men run well stand around in pad's and M/C hats where one bloke throws the oval ball and they try to catch it get over a line and then jump up and down they also paint their face's with coloured 'note spelling' strips not unlike the proper American did years ago sad if you ask me, only surprised they don't have feathers in the crash helmets.

H/M.

What's a cathode ray tube??? Re the I don't want one of those F...ing great things in my front room I never had any problems in fact quite the opposite.

H/M.

The pictures on the CRT TV was actually better but it was time for a change, the first plasma we had was 50" panasonic took 4 men to lift it £12000, hope your wall is strong enough!

So Fred you never told us of your Football preferences but it has to be either West Ham or the Yiddos ( I think I can that here, certainly cant in the UK even though they have lots of Jewish supporters- I have nothing against Jewish people in case anyone is getting out of their chair.)

OK Fred come clean.

West Ham bubbles don't you know lost to Stoke last weekend watched them last Saturday 9pm on my 42" non plasma LCD LG 14k from Makro sit's at the end of my bed and all in full H/D via my new CTH set up. Not got our full team out yet due to them being buggered read drunk from their holidays, I do believe that Monday we play the Canaries more than likely 2am so I wont be watching that.

Now here's a thought how much is your restaurant's going to charge now the tax has gone up ??? update required more than likely 150bt for local stuff. Just thinking it would be cheaper to come here pay the one day visa cost's petrol have a good night drinking imported beer English food several choices restaurant wise even stay in a hotel you would still be quid's in.

Don't spread the word about Dave the last thing we want in K.P.P is our American friend chomping Cricket's just wouldn't be Cricket what, don't really think that'll be to much of a problem anyway he'll more than likely get lost on rout that's route to us proper peep's.

H/M

H/M.

OK Fred come clean.

West Ham bubbles don't you know lost to Stoke last weekend watched them last Saturday 9pm on my 42" non plasma LCD LG 14k from Makro sit's at the end of my bed and all in full H/D via my new CTH set up. Not got our full team out yet due to them being buggered read drunk from their holidays, I do believe that Monday we play the Canaries more than likely 2am so I wont be watching that.

Now here's a thought how much is your restaurant's going to charge now the tax has gone up ??? update required more than likely 150bt for local stuff. Just thinking it would be cheaper to come here pay the one day visa cost's petrol have a good night drinking imported beer English food several choices restaurant wise even stay in a hotel you would still be quid's in.

Don't spread the word about Dave the last thing we want in K.P.P is our American friend chomping Cricket's just wouldn't be Cricket what, don't really think that'll be to much of a problem anyway he'll more than likely get lost on rout that's route to us proper peep's.

H/M

5 blokes install the aircon, not fancy no vanes wafting the air about but it does the job and 11500bts for a 9000btu from Haier, Chinese oufit, reports on TV say they are good and my next door neighbour also says it good and inexpensive.

West Ham, good lord they have been no good since Bobby Moore left, he was class and a gent to boot.

Cricket, probably the greatest game in the world, but, Americans are not allowed to play it or know the rules, bit like the Thai language! Wayned you just need to watch and enjoy, things will be explained as you go along, England play the Aussies on friday on www.cricpower.com starts about 1630 our time and its at Leeds.

Now you are probably thinking who I support Fred, well you will never guess but do have a go, in the Premier league its Arsenal, they are class, royalty and play good football and I like that, so who are not in the Premier league does that suite do you think? You are stumped arent you?

H/M.

OK Fred come clean.

H/M

5 blokes install the aircon, not fancy no vanes wafting the air about but it does the job and 11500bts for a 9000btu from Haier, Chinese oufit, reports on TV say they are good and my next door neighbour also says it good and inexpensive.

West Ham, good lord they have been no good since Bobby Moore left, he was class and a gent to boot.

Cricket, probably the greatest game in the world, but, Americans are not allowed to play it or know the rules, bit like the Thai language! Wayned you just need to watch and enjoy, things will be explained as you go along, England play the Aussies on friday on www.cricpower.com starts about 1630 our time and its at Leeds.

Now you are probably thinking who I support Fred, well you will never guess but do have a go, in the Premier league its Arsenal, they are class, royalty and play good football and I like that, so who are not in the Premier league does that suite do you think? You are stumped arent you?

QPR.

Re Bobby More met him on many occasions an ex of mine was a chum of his wife's your right he came over ok but that cow of a wife of his was something else no wonder he got rid of her.

H/M.

The last and only time that I watched a cricket match was in Melbourne Australia in the late 1970's. I was dragged there by a friend to watch his son. After many bottles of VB I got tired of watching the "pitcher" throw the ball trying to knock down the sticks and not having the power to get it across the "plate" without bouncing it. So I got up, picked up a rock and knocked down the "bloody" sticks. I was then unceremoniously thrown out of the park!

The VB was great, the vegemite sandwiches sucked and I never have watched another cricket match since.

I would have to agree with you on American football though. It used to be a sport but has turned into something that is almost impossible to watch or play for "safety" sake. Rugby is better and I actually like the OZ style as there are not many rest periods.

The last and only time that I watched a cricket match was in Melbourne Australia in the late 1970's. I was dragged there by a friend to watch his son. After many bottles of VB I got tired of watching the "pitcher" throw the ball trying to knock down the sticks and not having the power to get it across the "plate" without bouncing it. So I got up, picked up a rock and knocked down the "bloody" sticks. I was then unceremoniously thrown out of the park!

The VB was great, the vegemite sandwiches sucked and I never have watched another cricket match since.

I would have to agree with you on American football though. It used to be a sport but has turned into something that is almost impossible to watch or play for "safety" sake. Rugby is better and I actually like the OZ style as there are not many rest periods.

Picher is called a bowler and the sticks stumps. One thinks your a lost cause. While were at it about sport Football to you soccer we have the world cup where all NATION through out the world 'even the Americans' compete in a knock out competition till we get to the last team the winner.

You have a form of world cup caller the world series, to us rounder's to you lot base ball where about 20team's only American compete pray tell how can it be a WORLD series when only one country competes 'America' seems somewhat over kill if you ask me, a bit like Dave having to have 5 men to fix an Aircon: no wonder it not cheap.

Over to motor racing the Indi 500 where all the car's go round in a circle how can that be a test of driving just a bit of luck and a fast Limo now that is like watching paint dry, seen more excitement going through N/S by-pass.

Am/football "Safty" sake how can it be unsafe they don't do anything??? It's all time out's and jumping up and down the only good thing is getting to bonk the girls 'cheer leaders' after but we never see that bit. The Ozz style rugby is call Ozz football and must admit that is the bizz played by real men I get that on Ozz TV at the weekend's more blood and broken bones than an operating surgery top notch.

Have to agree about vegemite no taste Marmite now that is the thing well it would be it's British us of the stiff upper lip and that great sport Cricket.

H/M

I see that Samsung have just released a new TV just the thing it's 110" and you can watch several programs at once Just think Cricket on one side and a Thai soap on the other. Just one small problem it's going to retail for about £7000, no mention as yet on how to deal with the Thai wife jumping up and down as it get's to the exciting bit's on her side.

Local football, D2 has 2 match left and tomorrow last home match for Nakhon Sawan FC, 6PM at stadium. No playoff spot for them, too many draws against lower table teams.

Other team, playing in Bangkok zone, Paknampho NSRU will get to the playoffs. It will be 2 groups of 6 teams. Best 2 both groups get promote to D1. I'm not sure if NSRU will play this "Champions League" in Nakhon Sawan FC or their own stadium.

Picher is called a bowler and the sticks stumps. One thinks your a lost cause. While were at it about sport Football to you soccer we have the world cup where all NATION through out the world 'even the Americans' compete in a knock out competition till we get to the last team the winner.

You have a form of world cup caller the world series, to us rounder's to you lot base ball where about 20team's only American compete pray tell how can it be a WORLD series when only one country competes 'America' seems somewhat over kill if you ask me, a bit like Dave having to have 5 men to fix an Aircon: no wonder it not cheap.

Over to motor racing the Indi 500 where all the car's go round in a circle how can that be a test of driving just a bit of luck and a fast Limo now that is like watching paint dry, seen more excitement going through N/S by-pass.

Am/football "Safty" sake how can it be unsafe they don't do anything??? It's all time out's and jumping up and down the only good thing is getting to bonk the girls 'cheer leaders' after but we never see that bit. The Ozz style rugby is call Ozz football and must admit that is the bizz played by real men I get that on Ozz TV at the weekend's more blood and broken bones than an operating surgery top notch.

Have to agree about vegemite no taste Marmite now that is the thing well it would be it's British us of the stiff upper lip and that great sport Cricket.

H/M

Not a bad splurge there Fred. Baseball and World series, now in this respect Thailand and America are the same, there is no world oustide of these 2 countriesgiggle.gif

When did Miss Mars win the Miss Universe contest?

The outside bit of the air con, the wife had put where she wanted and many yards of blue pipe to take the excess away towards the lawn, no wonder they had to keep sitting down to catch their breathrolleyes.gif .

Been down the by pass today, not good, some very special potholes, lovelly patches and on the northbound about 4kms before Global lots of heavy gravel to damage your paintwork, rumour has it was a Thai Womens Institute returning home from a jolly down to Bankers, you would think they could have waited another 117kms before dumping it overboardsad.png .

Local football, D2 has 2 match left and tomorrow last home match for Nakhon Sawan FC, 6PM at stadium. No playoff spot for them, too many draws against lower table teams.

Other team, playing in Bangkok zone, Paknampho NSRU will get to the playoffs. It will be 2 groups of 6 teams. Best 2 both groups get promote to D1. I'm not sure if NSRU will play this "Champions League" in Nakhon Sawan FC or their own stadium.

Went the other week to watch K.P.P and at best they were rubbish even the drum playing was more exciting

Next time I go will be when K.P.P play N/S at least I might see some goals all be it from your the N/S mob.

H/M

H/M

Not a bad splurge there Fred. Baseball and World series, now in this respect Thailand and America are the same, there is no world oustide of these 2 countriesgiggle.gif

When did Miss Mars win the Miss Universe contest?

The outside bit of the air con, the wife had put where she wanted and many yards of blue pipe to take the excess away towards the lawn, no wonder they had to keep sitting down to catch their breathrolleyes.gif .

Been down the by pass today, not good, some very special potholes, lovelly patches and on the northbound about 4kms before Global lots of heavy gravel to damage your paintwork, rumour has it was a Thai Womens Institute returning home from a jolly down to Bankers, you would think they could have waited another 117kms before dumping it overboardsad.png .

Was sitting here last night at a bit of a loose end waiting to go to Mike's for a few beer's and a steak + a chat to a couple of Chums, so I looked up Lonnie Donegan on You tube the battle of New Orleans Rather poignant H/M thinks then the Wabash cannonball. The dulcet tone's of Lonnie reminded me of yesteryear, My dad used to tell me about him!!!

Will be going down the By-Pass on Wednesday to BKK hope all will be ok by then.

Our new Global open's on the 24th I've been told. Will pay a visit on my return with update on what it's like.

Don't panic you will still be getting a few post before then might be a week or two once I get back to Blighty have to get a new internet dongle for the duration.

H/M.

Dave no reply did I get it right is your team QPR ???

QPR, I remember them when Rodney Marsh played for the, say them once at Mansfield, they one 7-1 and were on their way through the leagues to First Division, they were the days, First Division! No I support Nottingham Forest and as a couple of their lads came to London and help form Dial Square, which went on to become Arsenal, no conincidence that they share the same colours, Arsenal's first strip was donated by Forest, so have to give them a bit of support as well and they do play some good football, a pleasure to watch.

Now then, reports of a huge new building under way between Sawan Park (the HUB of tranquilty) and the Pitsanoluk Road, its estimated to be twice the size of the BIG C on the Bangkok Road so this might just be the Central development.

QPR, I remember them when Rodney Marsh played for the, say them once at Mansfield, they one 7-1 and were on their way through the leagues to First Division, they were the days, First Division! No I support Nottingham Forest and as a couple of their lads came to London and help form Dial Square, which went on to become Arsenal, no conincidence that they share the same colours, Arsenal's first strip was donated by Forest, so have to give them a bit of support as well and they do play some good football, a pleasure to watch.

Now then, reports of a huge new building under way between Sawan Park (the HUB of tranquilty) and the Pitsanoluk Road, its estimated to be twice the size of the BIG C on the Bangkok Road so this might just be the Central development.

Passed it the other day on my way to immigration, and yes, it does look big and a possibility!thumbsup.gif

In addition. when I had some trees cut down in my front yard I had to hire a backhoe to come in and remove the stumps. How do you expect someone to knock them down with a bouncing ball. But if they can, bring them on as the backhoe didn't do sh*t! Sorry about the spelling Crystal, not crustal but still don't understand the abbreviation QPR? Qusital?

That would be "The Walk" shopping center?

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=106587504&postcount=7692

Archived