Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wot! Peeps from KPP crashing the party! This will never do!!

Don't panic it's only Bill the elder.

H/M will stick to the upper class places in K.P.P. Wouldn't be seen dead dining in a car park anyway a trite to tacky.

But as it's the only thing other than a big Mick there you'll just have to grin and bare it.

Best of luck to you all try not to get run over.

Bill Mikes Oasis Restaurant is closed for a week as of Monday annual holiday. Think he's going to one of the classy Islands, unlike some I know who only seem to venture as far a Pattaya.

Soon to return.

H/M.

Fred.

Just a little info about Bella Pasta and Armando.

Armando's wife's mother has in the last few days passed away and I dont know what affect this will have on the restaurant, whether it will be open or closed ( you know what a big thing funerals are here and how long they go on for ). It could not have come at worse time for Armando, I will try and find out what the position is and let you know later today.

I understand on a more upbeat thought that Vittethep have been very supportive towards him so I am sure we all wish his venture to be a great success.

H/M will stick to the upper class places in K.P.P. Wouldn't be seen dead dining in a car park anyway a trite to tacky.

But as it's the only thing other than a big Mick there you'll just have to grin and bare it.

Bill Mikes Oasis Restaurant is closed for a week as of Monday annual holiday. Think he's going to one of the classy Islands, unlike some I know who only seem to venture as far a Pattaya.

Soon to return.

H/M.

Fred.

I will also soon return to take over from "our man in Blighty", I will arrive just before the General Election, naturally all the leaders have been scrambling about wanting me to endorse their position. The Scottish and Welsh birds, can't understand a word the say! The Aussie/Green bird is just a loon so its really down to Ed, Nick, Dave and Nige. Nige could be buy me a pint but then you would think I can be bought cheap, like here so he will have to come up with something better than that, something like annexing Thailand, bring it into the UK, build a base here for expats, restore annual pension increases, open and NHS hospital for us and free RAF flights home in a newly aquired Airbus A380 ( RR engines naturally) then he might get me interested. Ed from Latvia and Nick from Lithuania dont cut it for me and Dave you have us down, ok the economy might be alright but you have punished our great armed forces far too much far to often you should take that little squit George into a corner and deal with him, turn him into Foreign Aid!

Soon to return.

H/M.

Fred.

I will also soon return to take over from "our man in Blighty", I will arrive just before the General Election, naturally all the leaders have been scrambling about wanting me to endorse their position. The Scottish and Welsh birds, can't understand a word the say! The Aussie/Green bird is just a loon so its really down to Ed, Nick, Dave and Nige. Nige could be buy me a pint but then you would think I can be bought cheap, like here so he will have to come up with something better than that, something like annexing Thailand, bring it into the UK, build a base here for expats, restore annual pension increases, open and NHS hospital for us and free RAF flights home in a newly aquired Airbus A380 ( RR engines naturally) then he might get me interested. Ed from Latvia and Nick from Lithuania dont cut it for me and Dave you have us down, ok the economy might be alright but you have punished our great armed forces far too much far to often you should take that little squit George into a corner and deal with him, turn him into Foreign Aid!
Looks like we will pass in the night/day Hoping to be back well before the election.

Just about had enough of it (election) here front page on all the papers first item on the news TV. What with that and repeats it's been hard to put up with.

I don't envy you Dave what with the bad roads M1 sill under repair 1 lane open both way for hundreds of miles been like that to my knowledge for at least 1 year.

Don't think your going to get away with traveling by train they have also had there problems station closed lines not working 'also repair work' all in all pore show thank Buddha the old horses are still in action. Dark ages dash pore show.

H/M.

Fred.

Bella Pasta is closed at present, re opens Wednesday at 0700 so I am informed, things might change but thats the information have at this moment.

I am going to Vittethep tomorrow for shopping so any further info will post tomorrow.

Been up to Vittethep this morning, the sign on the door for Bella is that he will open again on the 22nd, another sign says 1000 hrs.

Armando is apparently a dab hand at the dijaridou so if you have any requests, well you might like to hear your favourite song/tune like you have never heard it before, he is very modest so you might have persuade him to perform!

Look forward to wednesday then everyone.

Bella Coffee not only up and running again but now also offering an excellent house wine at 55 baht for a decent measure.

he was up and running on Thursday when I met Bim and we had lunch there. I had a chicken schnitzel with french fries and he had something else plus 2 coffees each.

Good food and good prices.

It is in the parking lot of the Vittethep store and parking is 30 baht unless you have a receipt from one of the shops.

I had been down to do my 90 day report and I asked if I could do that on line and they said that I could but my next trip will be to renew my retirement extension anyway.

Tomorrow, 26th is Kowloon Songkran day so be prepared for it, if you are not sure it will be in the Srinakorn market area, that the market about 3 kms east of BIG C or halh a km east of the Police station, the main focus is likely to around the crossroads with the traffic lights, 1 km in all direction would be my guess, you might like to avoid, we will!

Tuesday is my departure to the Land flowing with benefits, so take care everyone, not to worry too much the loon from KKP will soon be backbiggrin.png .to entertain you with amazing stories of do and dare, along with other useless bits of information he has dreamt up with the help of bottle!

Bella Coffee not only up and running again but now also offering an excellent house wine at 55 baht for a decent measure.

he was up and running on Thursday when I met Bim and we had lunch there. I had a chicken schnitzel with french fries and he had something else plus 2 coffees each.

It is in the parking lot of the Vittethep store and parking is 30 baht unless you have a receipt from one of the shops.

I had been down to do my 90 day report and I asked if I could do that on line and they said that I could but my next trip will be to renew my retirement extension anyway.

The best news H/M had for months Bill, only having to go to N/S once a year and not having to faff about with the post every few months.

I like you will have to go in the next 3 months to change my new 0 to a retirement one. After that it'll be email.

Update on Blighty.

Been a good April weather wise but today and for the conceivable future it's going down hill. Rain cold wind predicted. Thank Buddha I wont be here much longer.

I have taken solace with Jersey Royal spuds and great roast food.

Other than that it's been some of the worst months of my life

Tonight out with the lads for a few pints of Bitter followed by a curry "Indian" to round orf the evening.

If your passing in a week or two's time pop in and you can have a drink on the house or should that be chateau, after that it'll be back to normal prices.

H/M.

Fred.

Good to meet you Thursday Bill. Yep I will be visiting this place again next week. Thought the food was very good. I had Cesar Salad and Bruschetta and all including Bills came to just over 450 bhts. So not bad at all. I didnt see pizza on the menu but may have just missed it as I wasnt looking for it.

Spoke to Armando today, he is doing ok but naturally would like to do more so lets support his venture. He does Hamburgers as well which I hear are very good and he attracting a younger element to his restaurant ( well younger than us-I dont mean kids) from the local community so it bodes well for him, have heard no bad reports, all has been good.

The Kowloon party is well underway can hear them from 1.5km away, the road you should avoid at all costs is the one that leads from the Tak Road to the By-Pass this is where the main activity seems to be taking place as far as the last 7-11 and down the road by the 7-11.

Get you red jackets and jodphurs cleaned and pressed there will be an inspection on the H/M's return and polish your boots! Thank goodness we dont have to put up with such medieval going on a civilized city like N/S, a city that is becoming, as we speak, even more western in its outlook, could soon become the next big HUB, where east meets west.

Good to meet you Thursday Bill. Yep I will be visiting this place again next week. Thought the food was very good. I had Cesar Salad and Bruschetta and all including Bills came to just over 450 bhts. So not bad at all. I didnt see pizza on the menu but may have just missed it as I wasnt looking for it.

Hi Bim

It was nice meeting you as well. The quality of the food and the prices are great but I didn't see deep fried didgeridoo on the menu anywhere. Dave says the guy has it and can do many things with it. I must ask next time I go but that wont be until July I think.

At last it's seems that N/S has at least somewhere to eat other than a soggy bun big Mick.

Such elation from the locals brings joy to ones heart.

Right English update.

Today it's raining big time with a temp: of 8c. Looks like its set in for the conceivable future. Dave don't whatever you do forget your winter togs.

I'm sure you will be pleased to hear that H/M is returning next weekend, fingers crossed.

There's no need to hang out lots of Bunting in the town as normal as I will be using the bypass.

But I will expect as David had pointed out clean shoes, so don't forget your feather dust removers as you line the Soi waiting for the royal procession to pass.

H/M.

Fred.

Blighty Update.

Cold raining for the hole of the holiday weekend.

Roads a complete mess due to road works. That goes for trains as well David !!! stations closed rail works oh what joy.

Mustn't forget the weather down to 1/2c night time that's London up north -4/5c.

Frost this morning Hertfordshire snow further up north.

The good news is that H/M will be winging his way back tonight, overnight stay in BKK then to K.P.P Saturday morning.

A full report on my trip via N/S will be arriving shortly.

I don't suppose there will be much change, building work, bypass will still have the normal holes, Na craters, smog will abound.

A normal day there.

What ever you locals can now take solace in the fact that at least you can now dine well 'allegedly' albeit in a car park.

H/M.

Fred.

Blighty Update.

Cold raining for the hole of the holiday weekend.

Roads a complete mess due to road works. That goes for trains as well David !!! stations closed rail works oh what joy.

Mustn't forget the weather down to 1/2c night time that's London up north -4/5c.

Frost this morning Hertfordshire snow further up north.

The good news is that H/M will be winging his way back tonight, overnight stay in BKK then to K.P.P Saturday morning.

A full report on my trip via N/S will be arriving shortly.

I don't suppose there will be much change, building work, bypass will still have the normal holes, Na craters, smog will abound.

A normal day there.

What ever you locals can now take solace in the fact that at least you can now dine well 'allegedly' albeit in a car park.

H/M.

Fred.

H/M arrived safe and sound. Flight smooth as usual very good service abounded as befits H/M on EVA Air.

Clean shoes as requested worn by the well wishers that lined the Bypass, sorry to say were not in evidence.

Pot holes Na craters were as expected dotting the Bypass, my Limo driver had to drop his speed down to just under 50kph just to try and avoid same. Dash pore show and very annoying as that gave the lower classes time to approach the motorcade.

The usual low lining cloud 'read smog' That can be spotted as you go passed the first Big Mick several km prior to N/S is still there, even thicker as you enter the left turn onto the B/Pass that misses N/S completely, seems to be the normal pretty dense stuff no change there then.

Not a lot has progressed. Except to say that the flyover is getting there at least there is now some sort of bridge spanning same, well at least something that resembles one.

Only another several years and all should be finished.

Out for a very nice meal last night soft shell crabs large prawns and the likes, and No not in a Car park, talking of car parks we do have them here but I don't know one that charges.

H/M askes oneself if it's not yet another N/S ploy to con monies out of peeps??? 30bt indeed.

N/B take care if you try and enter the first petrol station as you turn left on exiting the bypass, heading towards K.P.P as you will need some sort of 4/4 or tank just to enter, again due to even bigger craters than the afore mentioned B/Pass.

Oh and the water supplied to wash ones hands in the Loo in said garage sad to say looks more like very dark yellow Pee than the clear stuff normally offered.

Tip what ever you do give the food there a large miss. That's of cause if your not into urine.

H/M.

Fred.

Welcome back to the Master of Foxhounds or should that be Master of a Hound which is presumably off in a re-education camp relearning its place in the household. I trust the missus didn't need similar re-education.

I'm still in Sydney where we had some interesting weather. Winds were category 2 cyclone/typhoon/hurricane strength over 3 days with 12 inches of rain. Two fences at the house down plus a 25 ton landslip next door.

They tell me Kamphaeng Phet weather is a bit kinder.

Welcome back to the Master of Foxhounds or should that be Master of a Hound which is presumably off in a re-education camp relearning its place in the household. I trust the missus didn't need similar re-education.

I'm still in Sydney where we had some interesting weather. Winds were category 2 cyclone/typhoon/hurricane strength over 3 days with 12 inches of rain. Two fences at the house down plus a 25 ton landslip next door.

They tell me Kamphaeng Phet weather is a bit kinder.

Thank you for your kind words.

You maybe right at least the hound was pleased to see me. This time the G/L at least remembered my name, always been a bit of a pain being called my Lord whilst out in public.

Not all good news in K.P.P one of our many restaurants has closed to wit the BKK steakhouse.

Seems he was doing very well so they put up his rent, now looking for a new establishment.

Only hope that that doesn't happen to several more or we could end up like N/S, and having to dine out in car parks.

Sorry to hear about your weather I did try and tell you not to go back.

Now if you had been here you would have at least been dry, not had any rain so I've been informed for months.

Must say it has been quite a culture shock after having spent 4 months in cold old Blighty

With the daily tem: here hovering around 39c that's 100+f in old money.

Thank Buddha for lot's of aircon:

Will be making a trip to Mikes Restaurant in a day or two for a meet up with the lads.

I know you didn't ask but I will send your regards.

Hope the two of you are taking care in jolly old Aus.

Regards to all.

H/M.

Fred.

• 2 weeks later...

Update from the lad of the grim,

Its been rather chilly here, had a hailstorm 2 days ago, downpour yesterday in Kings Lynn, today is a little bit better so hoping that spring has finally arrived. Last weekend I was in Leeds the temps got up to 12C!

They are talking about deflation here, I have not found that to be the case but pints in Wetherspoons from £1.99 so that's ok and Waitrose have 8 cans of Spitfire for £8.

Had a trip on the Eurostar to Lille, the trains need some TLC, they are scruffy and a lot of rust showing, Lille is expensive worse than the UK I had a couple of Grimbergen beers 33cl and the average price was 5 euros so I think that my visits to our continental chums has now come to an end, they can keep their funny money.

Flew back to Blighty with BA and they were very again so am returning on the 14th of next month again with BA £486 return, non stop.

Keep your spirits up whilst I am away,

Toodle pip.

Its been rather chilly here, had a hailstorm 2 days ago, downpour yesterday in Kings Lynn, today is a little bit better so hoping that spring has finally arrived. Last weekend I was in Leeds the temps got up to 12C!

They are talking about deflation here, I have not found that to be the case but pints in Wetherspoons from £1.99 so that's ok and Waitrose have 8 cans of Spitfire for £8.

Had a trip on the Eurostar to Lille, the trains need some TLC, they are scruffy and a lot of rust showing, Lille is expensive worse than the UK I had a couple of Grimbergen beers 33cl and the average price was 5 euros so I think that my visits to our continental chums has now come to an end, they can keep their funny money.

Flew back to Blighty with BA and they were very again so am returning on the 14th of next month again with BA £486 return, non stop.

Toodle pip.

If you had read any of my post whilst I was in Blighty you would have known what it was like there.

To-wit cold crap weather I wont go into the price of things, yes I will, I did find in Wetherspoons draft bitter local guest brew starting at £1.80p That's Hertfordshire for you.

I see that your flying back with BA, old planes and even older trolley dollies. But they at least have good flight times arriving in BKK just after 9am. Only hope you get better food than H/M got on my flight was inedible.

Safe journey back, N/S has gone to rack and ruin since you've been away. Lack of noodles don't you know.

H/M.

Fred.

Toodle pip.

If you had read any of my post whilst I was in Blighty you would have known what it was like there.

To-wit cold crap weather I wont go into the price of things, yes I will, I did find in Wetherspoons draft bitter local guest brew starting at £1.80p That's Hertfordshire for you.

I see that your flying back with BA, old planes and even older trolley dollies. But they at least have good flight times arriving in BKK just after 9am. Only hope you get better food than H/M got on my flight was inedible.

Safe journey back, N/S has gone to rack and ruin since you've been away. Lack of noodles don't you know.

H/M.

Fred.

Actually Fred it has been very quiet and peaceful.

Toodle pip.

H/M.

Fred.

Actually Fred it has been very quiet and peaceful.

Just had a thought Bill, I will have to go to N/S at the end of next month to change my 0 to a retirement visa by then Dave will be back in the so called Hub and peace & quiet will be a thing of the past.

Must say not looking forward to it but have to go to Uthai Thani so going to kill two stones with one bird or something like that.

There see what even the thought of going there dose to me.

You haven't popped in for your free coffee the free bit won't last forever you know.

H/M.

Fred.

Hi Fred I was in and out last Tuesday but I had some many things to do I just didn't get the time to stop.

Besides I had no biscuits made to dunk in my coffee.

No need to supply biscuits I have plenty of my own, albeit shop bought also have chocky ones.

Don't get to excited as like your coffee from my newish percolator this will be a once only offer.

H/M.

Fred.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fred thanks for last weeks coffee. Next time I will bring my own hammer and chisel for the chocolate biscuits.

Do you know anything about this place?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/831367-german-deli-in-kamphaeng-phet/

Is it Mike' place at the Oasis?

It's not my fault that my chocky biscuits (New from Big C the day before) had stuck together you did get 1.5 of each once prised apart well sort of with knife, look on the bright side at least they were free.

No don't know this place will send Mike an Email to see if he has heard of it.

But I know it's not him, one thing that tells me so is his Thai wife speaks no German but her English is as good as ours 'yes not saying much' Also the phone No: is not the same. Whatever she would have passed anyone over to Mike.

Update as and when I get a call from Mike.

Another thought their advert just says K.P.Phet it could be province some thousands of KM and not the town.

If anyone is interested Mike also supplies all German food, Booze. But you have to pre-order, and pick up.

H/M.

Fred.

Hi Fred thanks for last weeks coffee. Next time I will bring my own hammer and chisel for the chocolate biscuits.

It's not my fault that my chocky biscuits (New from Big C the day before) had stuck together you did get 1.5 of each once prised apart well sort of with knife, look on the bright side at least they were free.

But I know it's not him, one thing that tells me so is his Thai wife speaks no German but her English is as good as ours 'yes not saying much' Also the phone No: is not the same. Whatever she would have passed anyone over to Mike.

Another thought their advert just says K.P.Phet it could be province some thousands of KM and not the town.

If anyone is interested Mike also supplies all German food, Booze. But you have to pre-order, and pick up.

H/M.

Fred.

Thanks for the update Fred.

I am due at the private hospital on Thursday 18th so I may take a wander over to Miles place for lunch and see what he has to offer. My mate Heinz may well be interested too.

I just finished off making 3kg of honey and mustard bacon this morning. I can taste the mustard but not the honey and it has a bit too much salt but it will do. It probably cost me about 300 baht to make.

H/M.

Fred.

Thanks for the update Fred.

I am due at the private hospital on Thursday 18th so I may take a wander over to Miles place for lunch and see what he has to offer. My mate Heinz may well be interested too.

I just finished off making 3kg of honey and mustard bacon this morning. I can taste the mustard but not the honey and it has a bit too much salt but it will do. It probably cost me about 300 baht to make.

Bill the elder.

Hope all goes well at the Hospital.

Just had an Email back from Mike and not Miles, to much greasy bacon and you slipped onto the wrong key perchance, yes that'll be it and not overdoing it as usual on the Rice Whisky.

He knows the German chap Manfred who has the Deli. I wont go into what he said about him.

Well just to give you an idea he used that old colloquial German word Vanker.

He evidently threw him out of his restaurant a few years ago.

If you call in Thursday you can ask him yourself.

Come to think of it I think I knew him as well. If I'm not mistaken I almost gave him a right hander a few Christmases ago. After he called me an arse/ole. He's not far wrong in that direction but not at Christmas. I do believe Mike or someone came to his rescue.

Don't know if I can make it there as the Tank goes in tomorrow to have some paintwork done on Drivers door they said should be ready by Thursday???

Whatever I'm not going up there on the wife's M/C.

Give me a Bell if you go to see if I can make it.

Just reread your post and it's the 18th your going I will go to Mikes over the weekend so stand by for another update.

If it's the right Manfred give him a miss not a nice chap. I'll also bet that he doesn't make anything himself just gets it sent down frozen from Chang Mai. You can do that yourself.

H/M.

Fred.

Archived