Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Coming from Tak Global comes up on your right, perchance there's a gap in the central reservation right opposite the road you need to go down If you miss it you will have to go to the Traffic lights a couple of KM and do a U turn. Hope to see you for Coffees.

I don't know of the Tak Beef market some info on that, where and what do they sell yes I know it's Beef what sort of cuts size etc would be a help.

Thanks in advance.

H/M.

Fred.

The place is called 'Tak Beef co-op' and yes they sell beef. You can get most popular cuts if you know the Thai names. I remember there being a butchers diagram with pictorial views of the various cuts, so if you know your beef you can just point at the diagram.

The beef is fresh or frozen. It's better to phone an order through if you want fresh as they don't have it every day and what isn't sold on the day gets frozen Last time I got; chuck rib eye and filet mignon. I rest the beef for between 10 and 20 days before cooking or freezing. One woman spoke some English but she usually wasn't the person who answered the phone.

I have two telephone numbers: 0822278976 and 055511934.

You'll find the place easily enough. Just drive to Tak and turn right on Hwy 12 (going to Sukhothai). I'm not sure about the distance but the place is on the right just after the point where the road widens. You'll see a large concrete Hereford at the entrance. If you get as far as the main gate to the infantry barracks (on the left), you've gone too far.

There used to be a restaurant on the road out to Lampang which sold their beef, but that closed down more than a year ago. It wasn't very good anyway, so no great loss. That was the last time we visited the co-op.

Jerry

I was up there yesterday going up and down the route 12 looking for the damn place, u turning every so often.

I even went to the TAT office and they rang up for me and explained it. I tried a couple more times and called the office as well.

The lady took my number and somebody called me in a couple of minutes and I tried to follow her instructions but I was still unable to find it then the call dropped. I called back and got somebody else who spoke better English but wouldn't stop rabbiting on so I pulled up at one of the gates to the infantry regiment and spoke to the duty MP who put me to somebody else. The 2 Thais spoke and then the army guy pulled me forward and pointed to the big orange building across the road and that was the place.

I didn't buy anything but took some photos and posted some info here. When I found it the two young ladies were very nice and helpful.

The big problem was no cows.

attachicon.gifArmy barrack gate resized.jpg attachicon.gifBeef co-op v01 resized.jpg

attachicon.gifCowboy land building resized.jpg attachicon.gifsign in the soi resized.jpg

attachicon.gifsign on the corner of the soi resized.jpg attachicon.gifsign on the gate resized.jpg

attachicon.gifmap and business card.jpg attachicon.gifprice list in Feb 2015.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture of what they sell resized.jpg

Hardly a just reward for a valiant and determined effort. Had a similar 'availability' problem a few years back and now never make a specific journey without a confirmation. You're right about the sizes, but they will cut and repackage larger cuts into more user friendly sizes. Even if frozen. I'm pretty sure their expectation is that you'll buy the whole piece though.

Last time I went, we bought; 5kg chuck, 12kg rib-eye and 6kg T-bone with a few other bits. All fresh, but exempting the chuck I cut them in to more useable sizes. All needed ageing though, which I did myself.

Wish I could give you a future guaranteed date for your purchase, if you wanted to try again. If I could, it wouldn't be Thailand though. Would it!

Jerry

Bill,

Funnily enough my mother's name was Lilian as well but I don't think we are related. What was your aunt's surname?

We emigrated to Oz on the SS Himalaya arriving in Fremantle in 1951 after which the ship carried on to Sydney.

Fred,

Definitely moved up in the world now, the outdoor dunny is most unlikely to blow over in a gale ( although given Thai construction methods this is not totally assured) and just down the road in the village we can buy a 35 baht cappucino frappe aka cappucino pan as good as anywhere else in the world.

Bill,

Funnily enough my mother's name was Lilian as well but I don't think we are related. What was your aunt's surname?

We emigrated to Oz on the SS Himalaya arriving in Fremantle in 1951 after which the ship carried on to Sydney.

Fred,

Definitely moved up in the world now, the outdoor dunny is most unlikely to blow over in a gale ( although given Thai construction methods this is not totally assured) and just down the road in the village we can buy a 35 baht cappucino frappe aka cappucino pan as good as anywhere else in the world.

H.M mothers name is Lillian could be that its an hereditary thing for all upper class people.

Sounds a good price 35bt. I happened to be out yesterday in the cold also had coffee a Latte was very nice just one small problem it cost £2,85 a short 150bt no service had to line up for it.

To top it all they had the cheek to have a plate on the counter for tips.

We have a very good coffee joint next door to the Limo cleaning place in K.P.P, I think they charge about the same price 35bt that is, also comes with a pot of tea.

Always use it while the tank is being cleaned as you know I don't do work or even looking at peeps doing it, much to tiring.

Update on Blighty not been to bad weather wise it looks like it going to be the sunniest winter since records began, this weekend they say it could go up temp: wise in London to 15c.

Mum is improving but not quick enough, going to be a long hall till I get back to the land of perfection. That's K.P.P by the way not N/S. At least I'll miss out on the 40+c that April will bring.

Mrs H/M will also be pleased as the electric bill will be lower. Not forgetting having to put up with me.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Bill,

Fred,

Well her maiden name was Cross but in 1951 I was only 7 and I don't think I ever met her, I just have the photo which has travelled a bit and is one of the few I have from my former life in the UK.

My GF uses Kasikorn bank which seems to be pretty good in general and their internet access system works well most of the time. However the other day she needed to check some transactions from a year ago. It appears that with Kasikorn internet banking you can only go back 6 months so for transactions prior to that date a specific request has to be made and processed.

Does anyone have any experience with other Thai banks that have internet access going back more than 6 months?

My GF uses Kasikorn bank which seems to be pretty good in general and their internet access system works well most of the time. However the other day she needed to check some transactions from a year ago. It appears that with Kasikorn internet banking you can only go back 6 months so for transactions prior to that date a specific request has to be made and processed.

Does anyone have any experience with other Thai banks that have internet access going back more than 6 months?

i registered with KBank years ago for online banking and I check the exchange rate on a daily basis and also download my monthly statements. However like your good lady they only provide up to 6 months worth of statements online. Probably to save on webspace, but they ought to have a facility for people to go into the archives to look up old statements. I suspect that this may not happen in my lifetime though.

i registered with KBank years ago for online banking and I check the exchange rate on a daily basis and also download my monthly statements. However like your good lady they only provide up to 6 months worth of statements online. Probably to save on webspace, but they ought to have a facility for people to go into the archives to look up old statements. I suspect that this may not happen in my lifetime though.

Like most I am also with KBank they do seem to be the best around, well except for their money exchange section if I bring any cash back I use the Thai farmers bank in Big C to do that and pay it into KBank after.

Did try some years ago to open accounts with other banks they all said didn't have the right paperwork for a Farang.

On digging deeper turns out that they didn't know how to do it.

Looks like you'll have to go in and sort it out, shore as eggs are eggs you will have to pay though.

H/M.

Fred.

Must be rather skint to be turned down by a Thai Bank.biggrin.png

I would like to know where in this section of posts has anyone been turned down by a Thai bank. Due to lack of monies.

Maybe it's time for you to enrol in the N/S Yorkshire school for budding entrepreneurs, maybe after a few years you might get past first grade.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

I think that this past week has been the worst in my entire life.

I have a shipment of farm equipment parts stuck in Oakland which has been loaded on a ship that caught fire in port and will be delayed for at least two months. The container cannot be off loaded , BS, due to an antiquated, 1920, law that forbids inter port transportation of goods by foreign vessels.

My wife suffered a hemorrhagic stroke Friday morning and had emergency brain surgery in Lopburi in the afternoon. The prognosis is not good. She was transferred to a hospital in Nakhon Sawan yesterday afternoon. The ICU costs in Lopburi were over 20k baht/day and, although we do have insurance that will cover some, I can't find the freaking policy and the agent has moved to another location , unknown to me at this time.

On my trip to Lopburi yesterday, the radiator in my truck gave out and will have to have it repaired today before I can make to trip to NS and try to find a parking place within hobbling distance of Sawan Pacharak Hospital and see if I can find her in the maze.

And, I will most likely be on a NS noodle diet for the near future. Hope that they don't make me sick and have a relaxing effect as I haven't slept since Thursday night! Most likley why I listed the events in a chronological order, not by importance!

I have a shipment of farm equipment parts stuck in Oakland which has been loaded on a ship that caught fire in port and will be delayed for at least two months. The container cannot be off loaded , BS, due to an antiquated, 1920, law that forbids inter port transportation of goods by foreign vessels.

My wife suffered a hemorrhagic stroke Friday morning and had emergency brain surgery in Lopburi in the afternoon. The prognosis is not good. She was transferred to a hospital in Nakhon Sawan yesterday afternoon. The ICU costs in Lopburi were over 20k baht/day and, although we do have insurance that will cover some, I can't find the freaking policy and the agent has moved to another location , unknown to me at this time.

On my trip to Lopburi yesterday, the radiator in my truck gave out and will have to have it repaired today before I can make to trip to NS and try to find a parking place within hobbling distance of Sawan Pacharak Hospital and see if I can find her in the maze.

And, I will most likely be on a NS noodle diet for the near future. Hope that they don't make me sick and have a relaxing effect as I haven't slept since Thursday night! Most likley why I listed the events in a chronological order, not by importance!

Morning Wayne.

You have my commiserations. The most important thing is your wife. I cannot imagine what I would do if Nee ever gets in a situation like that other than try to carry on as sort of normal. We have good friends up here to help out and some of her family will come up from BKK to help as well.

I thought I was having a bad week when my wifes phone rang at 1 am on Sunday morning. It was her Mum asking to go to hospital (Mum lives in the small house 20 metres from us). They went off a short while later and about 7.30 Nee rang our son to pack a bag for her. I called Nee a few minutes later but she wasn't really awake at that time to give me any information.

My neighbour took the bag to my wife along with some money then went on to Phitsanulok. I called Nee in the afternoon but her phone was off and so was her Mums (probably flat batteries) as my wife forgot to ask for phone chargers. I was going up to the hospital yesterday when the other neighbour said that Mum was NOT in the local hospital but up in the regional one at KPP. How does everybody else know what is going except me?

Hopefully Nee will be back this afternoon to sort out more clothes and stuff for herself and her Mum and take our son back to KPP with her as today he is not at school, Tue school, Wed no school, Thu school and last day before the holidays.

Sad to hear about your wife Wayne, I hope she will make a full recovery in time. Best wishes to both of you, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Like others sorry to hear about all your problems Wayne.

Hope all goes well in the coming days. With your wife making a full recovery as soon as possible.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Morning Wayne.

You have my commiserations. The most important thing is your wife. I cannot imagine what I would do if Nee ever gets in a situation like that other than try to carry on as sort of normal. We have good friends up here to help out and some of her family will come up from BKK to help as well.

I thought I was having a bad week when my wifes phone rang at 1 am on Sunday morning. It was her Mum asking to go to hospital (Mum lives in the small house 20 metres from us). They went off a short while later and about 7.30 Nee rang our son to pack a bag for her. I called Nee a few minutes later but she wasn't really awake at that time to give me any information.

My neighbour took the bag to my wife along with some money then went on to Phitsanulok. I called Nee in the afternoon but her phone was off and so was her Mums (probably flat batteries) as my wife forgot to ask for phone chargers. I was going up to the hospital yesterday when the other neighbour said that Mum was NOT in the local hospital but up in the regional one at KPP. How does everybody else know what is going except me?

Hopefully Nee will be back this afternoon to sort out more clothes and stuff for herself and her Mum and take our son back to KPP with her as today he is not at school, Tue school, Wed no school, Thu school and last day before the holidays.

Hopefully you M.I.L is not in the main Hospital in K.P.P town as that is at best rubbish.

I think though that she must be in one in K.P.P province I don't as luck would have it know anything about that one.

Hope all goes well with her as well.

H/M.

Fred.

Morning Wayne.

Hopefully you M.I.L is not in the main Hospital in K.P.P town as that is at best rubbish.

I think though that she must be in one in K.P.P province I don't as luck would have it know anything about that one.

H/M.

Fred.

Hi Fred

Thanks for the good wishes.

AFAIK this afternoon she is in the public one at KPP and her problem may have been that her diabetes level rocketed through the roof on not for the first time either. Nee has a problem translating medical terms in Thai into English.

Waynes wife is more important as her medical problems far outweigh my MILs.

Morning Wayne.

H/M.

Fred.

Hi Fred

Thanks for the good wishes.

AFAIK this afternoon she is in the public one at KPP and her problem may have been that her diabetes level rocketed through the roof on not for the first time either. Nee has a problem translating medical terms in Thai into English.

Waynes wife is more important as her medical problems far outweigh my MILs.

So she is in the K.P.P one, only hope she gets on alright. I wouldn't use that one even for Mrs H/M. I always go to Phitso training hospital, where my daughter had her heart sorted.

Hopefully as it's only a sugar problem even they should be able to sort that one out.

I'm sure though that all our thoughts at the moment are with Wayne & his wife with a bit of luck we will see a quick improvement.

Just a quick one to save me paper/ink 'I think that's what it does anyway' How long are you going to be there Bill the younger??? don't forget you wont want to get to acclimatised to the heat having to go back to Aus: during the cool season.

H/M.

Fred.

Back in Oz already via the pothole enhanced Kippers-Nakkers goat track. The flyover/interchange for the Nakkers bypass has progressed significantly so it won't be too long before drivers can transition from potholes to bumps without losing momentum.

Daily temperatures here typically range from 20 to 30 deg C, not quite as toasty as Thailand but a damn site more bearable than the UK eh Fred?

Back in Oz already via the pothole enhanced Kippers-Nakkers goat track. The flyover/interchange for the Nakkers bypass has progressed significantly so it won't be too long before drivers can transition from potholes to bumps without losing momentum.

Daily temperatures here typically range from 20 to 30 deg C, not quite as toasty as Thailand but a damn site more bearable than the UK eh Fred?

I'll let you know that the weekend was very favourable with the temp: hovering around 15/6c in the London sun.

Just one small problem today Tuesday it has reverted to normal 2/3c overnight with frost everywhere.

Now sunny but still cold had to go out this morning to take the car in for an MOT.

While I was waiting decided to have a coffee, even managed to sit outside (in the sun) was kitted out in Ski gear though. Have to report that it was very pleasant, that's if you forget the fact that my feet had frozen + the cost of same.

I expect that you'll be back later hope to catch up with you then.

H/M.

Fred.

Well this is embarrassing, went to get some noodles today with some old woman stuck in a boast inside a shop, dreadful stuff, then I found out she was an illegal immigrant from KPP!! The boat was last seen heading slowly for Bangkok...................Fred try and keep control of these people of yours!

Well this is embarrassing, went to get some noodles today with some old woman stuck in a boast inside a shop, dreadful stuff, then I found out she was an illegal immigrant from KPP!! The boat was last seen heading slowly for Bangkok...................Fred try and keep control of these people of yours!

H/M has enough problems of his own. My internet + phone line went down last week morning of Wednesday 11th soon got that sorted donned the red jacket & called BT.

Spoke to a computer for what seemed like forever eventually I got through to of all places India.

They told me in some sort of mumbled English that all would be put right by wait for it Monday the 16th.

Suitably attired swagger stick under the arm off I went to the local exchanged. After a few prods + a bit of pointing with same at some bounder, H/M found out that they had had a major problem to-wit a fire.

I was then informed that being upper class they would put me on priority.

Now glad to say it has been fixed but did have to wait till Friday afternoon.

And you think you have problems in a noodle shop. I've no doubt it wouldn't have been anyone from our fair city as none of us locals wouldn't be seen dead in N/S. That place is only a once a year under sufferance trip for a Visa. In and out as soon a possible. Noodles lower class food Buddha forbid.

H/M.

Fred.

H/M has enough problems of his own. My internet + phone line went down last week morning of Wednesday 11th soon got that sorted donned the red jacket & called BT.

Spoke to a computer for what seemed like forever eventually I got through to of all places India.

They told me in some sort of mumbled English that all would be put right by wait for it Monday the 16th.

Suitably attired swagger stick under the arm off I went to the local exchanged. After a few prods + a bit of pointing with same at some bounder, H/M found out that they had had a major problem to-wit a fire.

And you think you have problems in a noodle shop. I've no doubt it wouldn't have been anyone from our fair city as none of us locals wouldn't be seen dead in N/S. That place is only a once a year under sufferance trip for a Visa. In and out as soon a possible. Noodles lower class food Buddha forbid.

H/M.

Fred.

AH so KPP folk are immune to the infamous N/S smog then if they would not been seen dead eh? Any smog in Nakkers comes down from the north usually accompanied by some heritage transport that belches out foul gases the Titanic would have been proud of.

Buddha Noodles are available if you know where to look for them ( usually in the bottom of those buckets you find at the temple- you know 20bts-give it to the monk and whilst you get blessed someone from the buddha shop whisks it back and puts it back on the shelf! What a strange way to do business!).

Now are you still in Blighty getting your fill of all those daft soup operas on the TV?

H/M.

Fred.

AH so KPP folk are immune to the infamous N/S smog then if they would not been seen dead eh? Any smog in Nakkers comes down from the north usually accompanied by some heritage transport that belches out foul gases the Titanic would have been proud of.

Buddha Noodles are available if you know where to look for them ( usually in the bottom of those buckets you find at the temple- you know 20bts-give it to the monk and whilst you get blessed someone from the buddha shop whisks it back and puts it back on the shelf! What a strange way to do business!).

Now are you still in Blighty getting your fill of all those daft soup operas on the TV?

Us upper class aren't immune to Smog/traffic, hence most live in K.P.P.

According to TV I see that C/Mai Buddha help them have bundles this year. Don't have a lot of sympathy for the Farang that live there after all they chose to in the first place.

According to Mrs H/M K.P.P is hot no smog, traffic, or rain some forecast from next week rain that is though, just in time for the water throwing.

One of the things H/M is pleased to miss this year.

Sitting here in jolly old Blighty this morning at just before 9am with all the lights, on all down to an eclipse that is occurring here at present. Don't we have enough problems already, now the sun has gone on the missing list.

Yes still here the soap operas on TV not that I look at them to busy looking at all the repeats, this afternoon we have Hi-Di-Hi followed by Some Mothers Do'Av'Em bet your peed orf that you cant see those Dave.

Wanted to go shopping this morning only problem I'm having to wait for the light to come back on. Last thing I need is all the added expense of putting the ones on on the Limo.

Not a sign of Noodles in Hertfordshire H/M is glad to say, but must admit am a trite peed orf with the lack of chilly.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Talking about soaps today is the 30th, count 'em , 30th Anniversary of everybodys favourite Ozzie soap opera.

Yes indeedy folks Neighbours is 30 today says the BBC.

http://www.neighbours.com/

H/M remembers that with great fondness.

Just a thought is Skippy the Bush Kangaroo still in it.

H/M.

Fred.

You're going back about 50 years with that one, Fred. By the way, it's pronounced Skippy the Booosh Kangaroo. Now I'm going to be humming that damned song all day thanks to you.

• Like 1

I remember Bluey, the fat git of a rozzer did he ever get in it? Probably not. I never really saw it i was always working too late.

But I seem to remember it started at 5.30 and our finishing time was 5.15. The female staff who mostly lived locally would be long gone by 5.16, and a sad but quick end would be the reward for anyone who got between them and the door.

(Neighbours that is, not Skippy).

Edited by rott

If the Buddhist path leads her there, my wife joined our loved ones at the rainbow bridge this morning to wait for me and our other friends The extent of the ruptured aneurysm and complications of the surgery were just too severe.

She was 20 years younger than me and we talked about my passing but never discussed her going first. Thanks for your support!