Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Hi Fred thanks for last weeks coffee. Next time I will bring my own hammer and chisel for the chocolate biscuits.

Do you know anything about this place?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/831367-german-deli-in-kamphaeng-phet/

Is it Mike' place at the Oasis?

It's not my fault that my chocky biscuits (New from Big C the day before) had stuck together you did get 1.5 of each once prised apart well sort of with knife, look on the bright side at least they were free.

No don't know this place will send Mike an Email to see if he has heard of it.

But I know it's not him, one thing that tells me so is his Thai wife speaks no German but her English is as good as ours 'yes not saying much' Also the phone No: is not the same. Whatever she would have passed anyone over to Mike.

Update as and when I get a call from Mike.

Another thought their advert just says K.P.Phet it could be province some thousands of KM and not the town.

If anyone is interested Mike also supplies all German food, Booze. But you have to pre-order, and pick up.

H/M.

Fred.

Thanks for the update Fred.

I am due at the private hospital on Thursday 18th so I may take a wander over to Miles place for lunch and see what he has to offer. My mate Heinz may well be interested too.

I just finished off making 3kg of honey and mustard bacon this morning. I can taste the mustard but not the honey and it has a bit too much salt but it will do. It probably cost me about 300 baht to make.

Bill the elder.

Hope all goes well at the Hospital.

Just had an Email back from Mike and not Miles, to much greasy bacon and you slipped onto the wrong key perchance, yes that'll be it and not overdoing it as usual on the Rice Whisky.

He knows the German chap Manfred who has the Deli. I wont go into what he said about him.

Well just to give you an idea he used that old colloquial German word Vanker.

He evidently threw him out of his restaurant a few years ago.

If you call in Thursday you can ask him yourself.

Come to think of it I think I knew him as well. If I'm not mistaken I almost gave him a right hander a few Christmases ago. After he called me an arse/ole. He's not far wrong in that direction but not at Christmas. I do believe Mike or someone came to his rescue.

Don't know if I can make it there as the Tank goes in tomorrow to have some paintwork done on Drivers door they said should be ready by Thursday???

Whatever I'm not going up there on the wife's M/C.

Give me a Bell if you go to see if I can make it.

Just reread your post and it's the 18th your going I will go to Mikes over the weekend so stand by for another update.

If it's the right Manfred give him a miss not a nice chap. I'll also bet that he doesn't make anything himself just gets it sent down frozen from Chang Mai. You can do that yourself.

H/M.

Fred.

Morning Guv

You were right about the slipping key on my keyboard. Nowadays I read what I have written at the end of the sentence and correct my mistakes and then read it again before I post and jujst as I post I spot another mistake and usually edit it. Most times it works.

As for the German guy, I don't know anything about him at all. My mate Heinz gets his stuff sent down from Chiang Mai from a German deli up there which maybe where Manfred gets his stuff from then adds a few %.

I don't make greasy bacon. All that goes into my honey mustrad bacon is sea salt, brown sugar, honey and mustard. NO preservatives at all or anything else. Having cured it, I slice, bag and freeze it and take some out when I need it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anyone is aware but the main bridge in NS down to one lane between 9th and 13th with anything over 4 metres not allowed at all. Times between 9.00 and 3.30pm.

About time they finished that bridge, it's been a nightmare for years.

I shan't be coming that way thank Buddha till the latter part of the month. Will have to use it coming back from U/Thani to Visa office.

At least I'll be able to use the Tank that's if the bridge doesn't go pair shaped yet again.

Otherwise it'll be those bloody Took Tooks

H/M.

Fred.

What Ho, Bill.

Just had a call from Mike he informed me that I was correct about Manfred being the right German.

Update he was born in Germany but has spent most of his time in Australia has a real chip and is almost skint.

Hence he is trying to find ways to supplement his income.

Mike believes he does make some of his own bread to order, but the rest is shipped in + % from C/Mai.

Update 2 on how he performs, When we were at Mikes place for the afore mentioned Christmas Party I happened to be sitting next to him.

Mike had got in some Leo Girls to help out with the serving. Manfred said to me and others, that's handy we wont have to pay for the Beer.

My reply was of cause we have to pay Mike is not doing it for his health.

Manfred answer to me was who asked you, you Arse/ole. That's when it went off.

Merry Christmas to all I know it's a bit early but my post just reminded me of same.

H/M.

Fred.

Not sure if anyone is aware but the main bridge in NS down to one lane between 9th and 13th with anything over 4 metres not allowed at all. Times between 9.00 and 3.30pm.

About time they finished that bridge, it's been a nightmare for years.

I shan't be coming that way thank Buddha till the latter part of the month. Will have to use it coming back from U/Thani to Visa office.

At least I'll be able to use the Tank that's if the bridge doesn't go pair shaped yet again.

Otherwise it'll be those bloody Took Tooks

H/M.

Fred.

If you have a GPS Fred you can go down the N/S bypass a bit, hang a right and come into NS that way.

What Ho, Bill.

Just had a call from Mike he informed me that I was correct about Manfred being the right German.

Update he was born in Germany but has spent most of his time in Australia has a real chip and is almost skint.

Hence he is trying to find ways to supplement his income.

Mike believes he does make some of his own bread to order, but the rest is shipped in + % from C/Mai.

Update 2 on how he performs, When we were at Mikes place for the afore mentioned Christmas Party I happened to be sitting next to him.

Mike had got in some Leo Girls to help out with the serving. Manfred said to me and others, that's handy we wont have to pay for the Beer.

My reply was of cause we have to pay Mike is not doing it for his health.

Manfred answer to me was who asked you, you Arse/ole. That's when it went off.

Merry Christmas to all I know it's a bit early but my post just reminded me of same.

H/M.

Fred.

He sounds like a right knopf kopf (german) or knob head to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would tell you disciples that........................The Eagle has landed..........d dahh!!! Back from Blighty with jolly old British Airways and tip top job they did too, from check in to touch down I could not fault them, service was first class, even though I was in economy ( well its called World traveler on BA- economy does sound a bit like a cheapskate) even the food was jolly good, imagine as you approach Thailand you smell the bacon...........egg, sausage, mushrooms, beans and tomato.mmmmmmmm. Now just imagine as we taxi ready for take off what do we see out of the starboard window, well, probably the best commercial airliner ever still parked out side of the BA hangar.....the Concorde.

Had all the usual fayre we dont get here, carvery, fish and chips, English strawberries, cooked beetroot, Cornish pasties, full English breakfast, real ales, but at a cost unless you bag a bargain in Primark or Poundland! A worthwhile visit with only one thing really missed out on and that was Jersey Royal New potatoes.

Well, now I am back, new passport to boot in 5 days return.

I hear that once the new bridge is up and running that Nakhon Sawan will be putting its bid in for the Olympics or the World Cup, apparently Seep Blarter was seen in BIG C a few ago with s big brief case, something for the weekend perhaps?

Just thought I would tell you disciples that........................The Eagle has landed..........d dahh!!! Back from Blighty with jolly old British Airways and tip top job they did too, from check in to touch down I could not fault them, service was first class, even though I was in economy ( well its called World traveler on BA- economy does sound a bit like a cheapskate) even the food was jolly good, imagine as you approach Thailand you smell the bacon...........egg, sausage, mushrooms, beans and tomato.mmmmmmmm. Now just imagine as we taxi ready for take off what do we see out of the starboard window, well, probably the best commercial airliner ever still parked out side of the BA hangar.....the Concorde.

Had all the usual fayre we dont get here, carvery, fish and chips, English strawberries, cooked beetroot, Cornish pasties, full English breakfast, real ales, but at a cost unless you bag a bargain in Primark or Poundland! A worthwhile visit with only one thing really missed out on and that was Jersey Royal New potatoes.

Well, now I am back, new passport to boot in 5 days return.

I hear that once the new bridge is up and running that Nakhon Sawan will be putting its bid in for the Olympics or the World Cup, apparently Seep Blarter was seen in BIG C a few ago with s big brief case, something for the weekend perhaps?

Nice to see you back Dave.

Must say though that I think your easily pleased Great food on BA World traveller plus, Steamed egg bacon sausage +++ sounds just the thing.

Talking of food you couldn't get Jersey Royals. Tesco Sainburys Morrison all had loads on the 30th April the day I left and my mother was still getting them a couple of weeks ago. They have gone now though.

H/M thinks that you didn't look hard enough.

Information on the N/S front has been a bit lacking Bim has done his best but just not good enough for us upper class that on the rare occasions have to pass through.

H/M you will all be pleased to hear will be coming that way Monday the 29th.

First to U/Thani via the bypass and back roads 'thank you Buddha' will then call in at Makro to see if they have anything that our one doesn't 'doubt it' then over the dreaded bridge to sort out his 1 year visa.

Mrs H/M will be trolling along, yes I know she said that she would never go there N/S again, but there is a very good Thai restaurant in U/T so that has twisted her arm. Not advisable arm twisting that is as one look from her and you could be turned into a pillar of salt.

But I digress a full report not just the bridge is crappy we all know that anyway has been for years, will be winging it's way ASAP.

H/M.

Fred.

Fred, I forgot all about Jersey Royals until it was too late, so in the notebook for next time!

Now the bridge is obviously a life's work literally but I am informed that when it is officially opened Nakhon Sawan will put in its bid for the Olympics and World Cup ( football and Cricket).

Currently the local powers that be are in discussions with Wetherspoons to be officially twinned with them in the hope that they will open a branch here dispensing medicinal cures from behind the bar to anyone showing a British passport, who will have there own special "snug" others will pay a premium just like we often have to.

Fred, I forgot all about Jersey Royals until it was too late, so in the notebook for next time!

Now the bridge is obviously a life's work literally but I am informed that when it is officially opened Nakhon Sawan will put in its bid for the Olympics and World Cup ( football and Cricket).

Currently the local powers that be are in discussions with Wetherspoons to be officially twinned with them in the hope that they will open a branch here dispensing medicinal cures from behind the bar to anyone showing a British passport, who will have there own special "snug" others will pay a premium just like we often have to.

If you had spent a little more time in Blighty and not buggered about visiting the French side of the channel, dash bad thing to do anyway, you wouldn't have missed out on the best spuds allegedly in the world.

I can tell you they were delish I overdosed on several occasions whilst I was there.

Bugger the eggs a bacon give me the royals.

After all they do if only by name represent us upper class.

Getting nearer to the 29th the date that will live in infamy for H/M when he has to visit N/S Visa office.

H/M.

Fred.

The 29th I expect to heading to Patters on a goodwill venture, probably be about a 5 nighter on account of the market visits but hey ho, the sea is a lot warmer than the sea in Blighty eh?

So will be outatown when you show up, still sure the girls in Immi will be suitably amused when you show up, the pink socks dont go down too well you know!

So you are a British Airways traveller as well then, kept that rather stum, I find them very good apart from the IFE which is carp.

I made a number of rail trips in the UK and East Coast tops the lot really excellent service,first class morning you get a top hole English Breakfast whilst afternoon some rather posh sandwiches and a large glass fo red and as much tea and coffee as you can sink. Again more next year, but you must book well ahead to get the good deals.

Found an excellent French restaurant in Leeds, well my daughter did, 3 courses for 26.95 inc a 1/2 bottle of wine if you are there before 7pm, think I can manage that in the future.

Everyone seems glad to see me again although I am missing the UK real ales, the transport system, yes it really is good and some of the foods but as they say you cannot cherry pick so I am back here as the best option to enjoying life, south of KPP naturally.

The 29th I expect to heading to Patters on a goodwill venture, probably be about a 5 nighter on account of the market visits but hey ho, the sea is a lot warmer than the sea in Blighty eh?

So will be outatown when you show up, still sure the girls in Immi will be suitably amused when you show up, the pink socks dont go down too well you know!

So you are a British Airways traveller as well then, kept that rather stum, I find them very good apart from the IFE which is carp.

I made a number of rail trips in the UK and East Coast tops the lot really excellent service,first class morning you get a top hole English Breakfast whilst afternoon some rather posh sandwiches and a large glass fo red and as much tea and coffee as you can sink. Again more next year, but you must book well ahead to get the good deals.

Found an excellent French restaurant in Leeds, well my daughter did, 3 courses for 26.95 inc a 1/2 bottle of wine if you are there before 7pm, think I can manage that in the future.

Everyone seems glad to see me again although I am missing the UK real ales, the transport system, yes it really is good and some of the foods but as they say you cannot cherry pick so I am back here as the best option to enjoying life, south of KPP naturally.

David You wont be there I was going to ask you if you wanted to meet up, oh well the plans of mice and H/M. Maybe next year.

So your going to Patts hope you have seen the weather they are getting at the moment???

Talking of weather have you lower class had any rain, not had any here for weeks, but we could surly do with some.

If you think your going to get a Leeds French restaurant there you'll be buggered better H/M thinks to keep to Kiss opposite the hotel. It's crap but at least it's cheap.

I did like the bit the sea is warm. By that I take it you mean the water thingy that is full of plastic rubbish.

Yes I have travelled with BA Once, that was enough. Although they have good flight times their business class is the pits also like Thai Air being well overpriced.

I had to travel economy deluxe hardly anyone in there even so they had run out of food and H/M had to settle for a dried up inedible pasta dish that was meant for economy class.

I did get a pat of butter but alas no roll to spread it on.

Added to the fact if you want to pre-book your seat it'll cost 35 Euros each way, business double.

I now go as usual EVA Air later arrival but as I always spend a night or two in BKK before traveling on up it suites me fine.

If you care to look up EVA Air B/Class 1/2/1 configuration and compare it with BA 2/4/2 with half the seats going backwards, you will see what I mean. Then compare their prices some £700 difference BA are a non starter.

Have a good trip if you could bring me back a stick of rock would be obliged.

Oh have taken note of the pink socks as I will be clad in my Black brown riding boots not a problem.

H/M.

Fred.

Did my 90 day via mail as usual last week. Mailed it EMS Monday morning and got the receipt back on Friday.. Instanced of the usual blank TM 47form for the next report they sent a short note that it can now be done on line and the link. It will only work with IE. Maybe I'll try it next time in Sept. but the postal report really isn't a problem.

Haven't been doing much lately, the corn that was planted the end of April has been ploughed under due to lack of rain with none in sight, just wait and see, and I'm caring for my last Golden Retriever who is 12 years old and is going to pass very soon. I think that I've nearly finished cleaning and rearranging the house and have took three full truckloads to the recycle place and one to the dump. My wife was really a "pack rat" and never threw anything out. The next chore is attacking the pig pens which have become storage areas for junk since we quit raising the beasts a few years ago. I looked the other day and can't believe the amount of junk that has accumulated, some of which belongs to neighbours. What a treat that will be!

Did my 90 day via mail as usual last week. Mailed it EMS Monday morning and got the receipt back on Friday.. Instanced of the usual blank TM 47form for the next report they sent a short note that it can now be done on line and the link. It will only work with IE. Maybe I'll try it next time in Sept. but the postal report really isn't a problem.

Haven't been doing much lately, the corn that was planted the end of April has been ploughed under due to lack of rain with none in sight, just wait and see, and I'm caring for my last Golden Retriever who is 12 years old and is going to pass very soon. I think that I've nearly finished cleaning and rearranging the house and have took three full truckloads to the recycle place and one to the dump. My wife was really a "pack rat" and never threw anything out. The next chore is attacking the pig pens which have become storage areas for junk since we quit raising the beasts a few years ago. I looked the other day and can't believe the amount of junk that has accumulated, some of which belongs to neighbours. What a treat that will be!

Good to see that you are still plodding on Wayne.

I do know what you mean about Thai ladies being pack rats. Have just had the bedrooms lounge repainted. Just the time to lob out lot's things I thought, it didn't happen at first but after insisting I did get at least somewhere, several Limo/tank trips with the back seats folded down did do some good but still lots to go.

I would like to ask what are used ice cream carton ever going to be used for especially if you have the right things for the job, what ever now gone, but I suspect will be replaced later.

Would anyone like some/loads 5/6 year old magazines they are weekly ones so we do have lots available to pick from. Will deliver. But might take several trips.

Best of luck with the Pig pens suggest you just pile things up and have a good burn.

H/M.

Fred.

I do know what you mean about Thai ladies being pack rats. Have just had the bedrooms lounge repainted. Just the time to lob out lot's things I thought, it didn't happen at first but after insisting I did get at least somewhere, several Limo/tank trips with the back seats folded down did do some good but still lots to go.

I would like to ask what are used ice cream carton ever going to be used for especially if you have the right things for the job, what ever now gone, but I suspect will be replaced later.

Would anyone like some/loads 5/6 year old magazines they are weekly ones so we do have lots available to pick from. Will deliver. But might take several trips.

Best of luck with the Pig pens suggest you just pile things up and have a good burn.

H/M.

Fred.

Ah! Used Ice Cream containers are better than any plastic containers on the market. They can be replaced with another tub after you enjoy the ice cream for nothing and don't crack when you use them to freeze things. I use them all of the time and they are also good for storing screws/nails and other bits in the shop. You can write what's in them with a marker!

It would be nice to just set fire to the pig pens, but most of the junk there is metal and Paw has turned one of them into his broom making factory. Keeps him busy and out of my hair. He only makes the big ones and sells them to the local vendors for 40 baht each.

Had an uninvited visitor for lunch today. As I was typing the last post, one of the dogs was barking but I didn't pay attention until I hit the post button. It was his warning bark and he was looking into and backing out of the dining area while doing it. It usually means SNAKE, usually a golden tree snake. But this time it was much nigger and ended up behind the china cabinet. I had to get Pa to help chase it out and after a first miss I snared it with my home made snare. I released it in the cane fields down the road trying to keep Pa from tenderizing it with his bamboo stick as I dragged it out. It was a rat snake about 2 meters long, so I got my exercise for the day.

H/M.

Fred.

Ah! Used Ice Cream containers are better than any plastic containers on the market. They can be replaced with another tub after you enjoy the ice cream for nothing and don't crack when you use them to freeze things. I use them all of the time and they are also good for storing screws/nails and other bits in the shop. You can write what's in them with a marker!

It would be nice to just set fire to the pig pens, but most of the junk there is metal and Paw has turned one of them into his broom making factory. Keeps him busy and out of my hair. He only makes the big ones and sells them to the local vendors for 40 baht each.

Had an uninvited visitor for lunch today. As I was typing the last post, one of the dogs was barking but I didn't pay attention until I hit the post button. It was his warning bark and he was looking into and backing out of the dining area while doing it. It usually means SNAKE, usually a golden tree snake. But this time it was much nigger and ended up behind the china cabinet. I had to get Pa to help chase it out and after a first miss I snared it with my home made snare. I released it in the cane fields down the road trying to keep Pa from tenderizing it with his bamboo stick as I dragged it out. It was a rat snake about 2 meters long, so I got my exercise for the day.

I do agree with you regarding Ice cream plastic cartons but when you have hundreds of the things it's about time to get rid of some.

I ended up with two very large plastic bin liners full and we still have lots left.

Re your uninvited visitor we do get them in the garden on the odd occasion, our big brave dog barks letting everyone know that there's a problem. But will only go outside after the wife goes first.

She always seems to get rid of them sharpish. I don't know how she does it just a look I suspect.

Whatever you'll be pleased to know I do lend a helping hand by shouting encouragement out of the window as I hide behind the fly mesh, door closed of cause.

H/M.

Fred.

Does anyone know anywhere in Nakhon Sawan thats sells Vegan / Vegi food. As good budhists arent supposed to eat meat I figured there must be somewhere.

I think you could be banging your head on that one.

We had a Vegi stay with us once and she was buggered for eating out in Thai restaurants.

To start with nearly everything will have Nam Pla (Fish sauce) in it that goes from the Thai omelette up, even stir fried veg will have oyster sauce.

Over the years I have found that it may have the odd bit of pork/chicken/fish as well.

I can tell you of places in BKK that are just vegi even those are thin on the ground, In N/S and aligning districts, I think you have more chance of winning spot the ball than getting anything that resembles true Vegi.

N/B we did find one thing she could eat that was a salad and chips, I suspect that even then the chip's were fried in oil that had been cooking meat/fish beforehand.

Best of luck.

Let us know how you get on.

H/M.

Fred.

post-77463-0-76492700-1435025533_thumb.j

My last Golden, Kiji, past this morning, exactly 3 months after my wife. He was born in the back seat of my truck near the big rest area on the highway near Chumphon on 8 June 2003. He was the runt of the litter with 10 brothers and sisters but has outlived them all. He will be missed by me and my 8 Thai adopted mutts. It's not been a good year and it's not yet half over!

There used to be a true Vegetarian restaurant near Fairly land. I worked with a true vegetarian when I taught a Satri and he used to drag me there for lunch but I couldn't give you any good directions and that was years ago.

attachicon.gifCORN3 001.jpg

My last Golden, Kiji, past this morning, exactly 3 months after my wife. He was born in the back seat of my truck near the big rest area on the highway near Chumphon on 8 June 2003. He was the runt of the litter with 10 brothers and sisters but has outlived them all. He will be missed by me and my 8 Thai adopted mutts. It's not been a good year and it's not yet half over!

There used to be a true Vegetarian restaurant near Fairly land. I worked with a true vegetarian when I taught a Satri and he used to drag me there for lunch but I couldn't give you any good directions and that was years ago.

Sorry to hear that Kiji has gone to the land of Buddha. Your right not a good year for you. We can only hope that things pick up somewhat in the next month or two.

I do know how you can get attached to Mutts. Our one Pepsi was a Soi Mutt mother and brother had gone to see Buddha when she was just 8 weeks old. She used to sit outside the front gate and wait for food.

Then one night it was peeing down and the G/L said just let her in so she can sleep under the car.

Fatal she now owns the place but at least she does do her job, no bugger gets near the place after dark.

H/M.

Fred.

Have been a bit under the weather this last few days but am looking forward to a few days by the coast and hopefully see some top hole English chappies for a chin wag or two.

Also have been writing some memories of long ago for a couple of web sites in the UK does take time dont you just know!

Fred I flew once with EVA, not a bad flight but to be given a can of frozen beer is just not on and then when breakfast came it was some sort of egg with a chocolate waffle dumped on top, where on earth they thought I was from defeats me! I mean really did not hit the target and no stiff upper lip either, what can one say, do they they take you past the Concorde before departure, no doubt that either, something rather English about everyone standing up and saluting to starboard as you pass dont you think?

Well off now for the bonding session in Chonburi, so toodle pip to all eh?

Have been a bit under the weather this last few days but am looking forward to a few days by the coast and hopefully see some top hole English chappies for a chin wag or two.

Also have been writing some memories of long ago for a couple of web sites in the UK does take time dont you just know!

Fred I flew once with EVA, not a bad flight but to be given a can of frozen beer is just not on and then when breakfast came it was some sort of egg with a chocolate waffle dumped on top, where on earth they thought I was from defeats me! I mean really did not hit the target and no stiff upper lip either, what can one say, do they they take you past the Concorde before departure, no doubt that either, something rather English about everyone standing up and saluting to starboard as you pass dont you think?

Well off now for the bonding session in Chonburi, so toodle pip to all eh?

Have a good time don't forget your brolly.

Sorry to hear that you have been a trite under the weather something you got in Blighty no doubt, whatever you can take that with you and leave it in Patts.

Point of interest there are other places to go to other than that traffic clogged city. But then again I suppose it wouldn't be home from home.

As you know I shall be in N/S Monday only a flying visit to do Visa then out asap. Don't panic H/M will be able on his return to give a full report. Will be doing the bypass as well as the so called Hub.

Re EVA Air. No don't think they pass Concord, but then again I wouldn't notice as I sit back drinking Champers in my Royal Laurel window seat, to busy counting the bubbles don't you know.

H/M.

Fred.

If you dont salute Concorde on departure you hardly qualify for a true Brit, old chap, its like the Spitfire, the Lancaster, they are ingrained in our shared heritage and you living in a "heritage province" should recognize that.

Patters is a bit home from home and try as I may to prize the lady to other destinations the pull of Pattaya Tuesday/Friday market is a strong one, as is the salad bar at Sizzlers and the kung salad at Kiss, dismiss this at your peril. It will make a pleasant little interlude, all the brash lights and bing bang bong ( I wont call it musick) makes a change and when I get back, the covers come off the model railway!!! So much cleaning to do before services recommence but am much looking forward to that.

I was also considering a hopscotch competition in the N/S I dont know if anyone would interested, one on land and one on water after the rains have finishedrolleyes.gif .

Ah well we are off at 0600 tomorrow.

If you dont salute Concorde on departure you hardly qualify for a true Brit, old chap, its like the Spitfire, the Lancaster, they are ingrained in our shared heritage and you living in a "heritage province" should recognize that.

Patters is a bit home from home and try as I may to prize the lady to other destinations the pull of Pattaya Tuesday/Friday market is a strong one, as is the salad bar at Sizzlers and the kung salad at Kiss, dismiss this at your peril. It will make a pleasant little interlude, all the brash lights and bing bang bong ( I wont call it musick) makes a change and when I get back, the covers come off the model railway!!! So much cleaning to do before services recommence but am much looking forward to that.

I was also considering a hopscotch competition in the N/S I dont know if anyone would interested, one on land and one on water after the rains have finished:rolleyes: .

Ah well we are off at 0600 tomorrow.

David thought you were off today.

Right had Tony called round today and he tells me he has been inundated with PM's from you.

H/M thought at first you were trying to find out how to sneak into K.P.P without a Visa

But as luck would have it for you seems another reason entirely.

One would have thought you would have asked H/M permission first. Luckily for you you didn't as you would have more than likely been refused.

Sad to say that the hounds have had to be put back in their kennels, pity really as I was looking forward to some blood.

Enjoy the Tue/Friday market have been on several occasions to get the latest films. Copy's of cause. Must say they are extremely good value also great quality at 6 for 500bt.

EVA leaves from terminal 2 so we never go anywhere near 5 where Concord is.

Must admit though that the new Ter: 2 isn't any better than 5 with pints of beer at around £4 a go dash pore show.

As luck would have it using the Air Canada lounge takes that problem away, but I would sooner sit at the bar meet more interesting peep's, but I'm not stupid forking out another large amount of cash just to mix with lower classes.

Safe trip look forward for your next exciting post about how you enjoyed mixing with the Pattaya locals, not forgetting the international cuisine in Kiss restaurant Kung salad A, or the salad bar at sizzlers not a vegie is she???

H/M.

Fred.

H/M update on N/S.

Well I arrived today 10.30amish. The visa office was as usual very good.

But they have new papers to sign, all about overstays I think it's because peeps have been doing overstays and trying to say they knew nothing about what's going on. In future you'll be buggered. It might be on their web site well worth a gander, suggest you look that's if you don't mind getting bared from Thailand for several years.

Right N/S Hub.

Must say that H/M was very surprised Na impressed on how things are coming along the new Bridge overpass one is now getting there.

Then going through the Hub main bit also noticed that there were flowers in the centre isle and lot's in bloom made a very nice change from the usual plastic flotsam and jetsam that normally abounds. Even the clock that has never told the right time for Buddha only knows when was spot on.

They were even painting black and white bits on the curbs near the lights outside Big C.

A great improvement all round. Then I dawned on me Royalty to-wit H/M was coming into town today so must have been for my arrival. Whatever Thanks a bunch I was suitably elated with all the effort that has been put in.

Even Makro had a good selection, but it would have been a trite better if they could have put by the isle No: what was down them in English as well as Thai. Would have saved me having to ask a non Thai Makro work peeps where to find pasta, it's isle 14 by the way.

Returning over the still unfinished bridge even went well had obtained a green light as I came out of Makro as well as the Big C ones thank you so much for that as well, service beyond the call of duty made me feel really welcome alas their was a lacking 'Bunting' but the flowers made up for it somewhat.

There I speak as I find if it's ok I will say so but wow betide you if it again starts to revert to the norm.

I did leave out the traffic that was the pits as normal but I'm sure that it will improver once the Bypass is open.

H/M.

Fred.

Makro has had some farrang food in since November. I thought it maybe just for Christmas but it kept going. 3 quid for a jar of Branston is a bit over the top but even had black olive tappenade. I love the new look Big C. Enjoy my weekly visits there. Im told there is what looks like an old shell garage opposite the big tesco that hidden away at the back is a wonderful place to eat.

Makro has had some farrang food in since November. I thought it maybe just for Christmas but it kept going. 3 quid for a jar of Branston is a bit over the top but even had black olive tappenade. I love the new look Big C. Enjoy my weekly visits there. Im told there is what looks like an old shell garage opposite the big tesco that hidden away at the back is a wonderful place to eat.

H/M always brings large Branstons back from Blighty. Along with Tesco red label tea bags.

The last lot of Branston 'Very Small' I bought here cost over 200bt and was just enough for 3 sarnies I don't care to much about price but well over a £ for one cheese sarnie is a joke. Did obtain some Emborg Brie and Camembert 129bt??? a go. That price has been the same for years well done Makro.

Tops in central plaza Pitso wanted 179bt or something crazy like that for the same thing.

Needless to say I never shop or got to Pitso for anything now.

Regards the Shell garage I did stop for a top up there, sorry to say didn't look at the rear part of the garage as had already eaten at Makro, had Cow Cow moo with the accompaniment of some yellow sauce not seen before, must say it was Delish washed down with a coke and all for 55bt. Was thinking of trying the new Farang restaurant but H/M doesn't eat in car parks besides I don't know where it is, so it was Makro. Doorstep jobby.

Big C couldn't get in there as the traffic waiting to get in at just after midday was back to the lights and round the corner so cannot comment on what's new there.

An update on the Shell restaurant if you go there wouldn't go amiss.

I did notice that the big Mick place was empty, not a car or punter insight.

Didn't stop to long in the HUB as Mrs H/M at the eleventh hour had decided not to come. Stood by her statement of a year ago that she never wanted to venture into the Hub ever again.

I don't think she believed me how it's changed when I told her it was cleanish Flowers abounded, shocked me as well. Once the traffic has gone down (Bypass open) could be a fair place to visit. Am leaving the live bit out at present.

H/M.

Fred.

The Santa Fe steakhouse on the ground floor of the old BigC did fish and chips plus a chicken steak as a lunchtime special last week for 119 baht. They also do Australian and NZ steaks as well. Iced tea was 29 baht.

No queues and freshly cooked food, tastefully presented at reasonable prices.

The Santa Fe steakhouse on the ground floor of the old BigC did fish and chips plus a chicken steak as a lunchtime special last week for 119 baht. They also do Australian and NZ steaks as well. Iced tea was 29 baht.

Fish + a Chicken steak and Chips.

When I go out next time can I borrow your belly I was full enough with my cow cow moo or should that be kow kow whatever don't think that I could eat that lot. Question how did you find anywhere to park, or were you on your M/C.

H/M.

Fred.

Fish + a Chicken steak and Chips.

When I go out next time can I borrow your belly I was full enough with my cow cow moo or should that be kow kow whatever don't think that I could eat that lot. Question how did you find anywhere to park, or were you on your M/C.

H/M.

Fred.

Yes tried Santa Fe. As I dont eat meat not a lot of choice but food was good. As for Branston all the gregs cheese and onion pasties in the world would not tempt me to go back to that hole that is the UK. Think I can live without Branston me thinks. As for Big C parking best to get there before 10am if you want to park. After 11am its difficult and weekends forget it.

Archived