Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Makro has had some farrang food in since November. I thought it maybe just for Christmas but it kept going. 3 quid for a jar of Branston is a bit over the top but even had black olive tappenade. I love the new look Big C. Enjoy my weekly visits there. Im told there is what looks like an old shell garage opposite the big tesco that hidden away at the back is a wonderful place to eat.

The Santa Fe steakhouse on the ground floor of the old BigC did fish and chips plus a chicken steak as a lunchtime special last week for 119 baht. They also do Australian and NZ steaks as well. Iced tea was 29 baht.

No queues and freshly cooked food, tastefully presented at reasonable prices.

Fish + a Chicken steak and Chips.

When I go out next time can I borrow your belly I was full enough with my cow cow moo or should that be kow kow whatever don't think that I could eat that lot. Question how did you find anywhere to park, or were you on your M/C.

H/M.

Fred.

Yes tried Santa Fe. As I dont eat meat not a lot of choice but food was good. As for Branston all the gregs cheese and onion pasties in the world would not tempt me to go back to that hole that is the UK. Think I can live without Branston me thinks. As for Big C parking best to get there before 10am if you want to park. After 11am its difficult and weekends forget it.
Good variety of fish/sea food here. Did you find your vegie restaurant or anything resembling one.

Little story went to France once with a vegie girlfriend she ordered their veg menu and part of it was French beans wrapped in Bacon, swiftly passed onto me and very delish they were.

Hole, UK a Hole I must admit I love it. Once I'm here that is. While I'm there it's a different matter. Now a bloody police state. Even stopped Hunting don't you know. Next it'll be cant smoke in a Pub.

But I still need the Branston like Marmite lost without but as I have plenty of both never use it.

Thank Buddha you don't have Mrs H/M for your wife as her speciality is Chickens feet done several ways of cause.

H/M.

Fred.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bim, you are right about the Shell Garage, as you drive in it is in the top left corner, they do chicken and pork steaks as well as salmon and not expensive. They do sell beer but had no objection if you bring one yourself.

There is one of those lovely markets setting up along Riverside Road, probably up and running by the weekend so if you are heading for Immigration avoid it and use Sawanvittee, turn at the Police Station.

2 220 ton cranes on the southbound bridge are causing havoc with traffic be aware, also water dragons have been seen crossing the main road south of the Metropolis so also be aware.

Pattaya visit a great success, been invited back again in early september. Bottles of Fullers India Pale Ale and Morlands Hens Tooth on sale in Witherspoons for 100bts, also Old Speckled Hen, Abbot Ale and Pelforth Brune, well worth a visit.

Met a man there ( ex RAF) had just sold up and run away from, yes you guessed it KPP, he said he lived in an up market part of KPP and yet he still bailed out says it all about KPP, he must have noticed something the Hunstman did not eh?

Noodle season going great guns in N/S, probably preparing for visiting Noodle newby's from KPP.

Fred I hope you dont mind me mentioning this but Tesco Red Label tea is a tad or more down market for a toff like you, I stopped using Tesco when they stopped giving Green Shield Stamps, now only Waitrose Gold Label, or their other top hole teas will do for a true gent strutting about the Mecca of tomorrowland ( clue- begins with N and ends with N and its 2 words) would setlle for nothing less. I am not sure whether a top hat tails or a pin stripe and bowler would be the most impressive any thoughts?

We are now turning our attention to the flora and fawna that reside inside and outside the mansion, we now time for this now that the Greek situation is approaching the buffers. We envisage the mansion to be surrounded by fruit trees and in due course people from all walks of life ( no riff raffe ) will travel 100'sof kilometres to view. 50 bts for a quickie, 100bts for a bit more with a selfie and all the way up to 1000 bts for guided tour, tea and croissant with blackcurrant jam.

Fred I hope you dont mind me mentioning this but Tesco Red Label tea is a tad or more down market for a toff like you, I stopped using Tesco when they stopped giving Green Shield Stamps, now only Waitrose Gold Label, or their other top hole teas will do for a true gent strutting about the Mecca of tomorrowland ( clue- begins with N and ends with N and its 2 words) would setlle for nothing less. I am not sure whether a top hat tails or a pin stripe and bowler would be the most impressive any thoughts?

We are now turning our attention to the flora and fawna that reside inside and outside the mansion, we now time for this now that the Greek situation is approaching the buffers. We envisage the mansion to be surrounded by fruit trees and in due course people from all walks of life ( no riff raffe ) will travel 100'sof kilometres to view. 50 bts for a quickie, 100bts for a bit more with a selfie and all the way up to 1000 bts for guided tour, tea and croissant with blackcurrant jam.

Must admit that Tesco red label is a bit lower class, but Mothers place doesn't have a Waitrose near by only Tesco and Sainsburys they also don't sell their tea in large '480' soft packs. They come in boxes a real pest when your trying to pack a few thousand of same at a time.

As I tend to give many away don't see why I should give the non riding peeps top class tea, bad enough having them in the Chateau giving it big one without paying anyway. Bill.

So your back from the land of Traffic hope you had a good time. Now your sorting out the garden.

Question don't you have a gardener??? had to let our one go was making a trifle mess of the Croquet lawn. Glad to say that Mrs H/M has taken over his job might have to do something about her as well, the other day whilst we were having our cucumber sandwich's during the break in proceedings she only had the cheek to start rolling the field of play. Dash nuisance after we had just got used to the conditions. Miffed was not the word.

Must admit though that your offer of 50bt for a quickie sound interesting any chance of a snap or two, one would hate to arrive and the quickie turned out to look somewhat like Mrs H/M dolled up with her pini & plastic gloves.

I don't know though might be interesting.

Thanks for the info on the Esso garage food wise not that I shall be traveling that way soon, but always handy to know.

I do believe that I omitted to put in my previous post the Visa one about 90 reporting. I did ask the lady who took care of me about doing same via the internet she informed me they are having problems with that at present not advisable post or call in would be better.

I see that we have the Budget in Blighty today could be interesting will have to have a gander at Sky news tonight, they will be having some sort of coverage from 6.30pm our time. To include PM question time.

He said that he wouldn't be raising taxes so he must be finding the needed cash by making cuts. Just wondering if he's going to use G/Brown words of being prudent that's when if you cant remember he put us in the Sh/t big time. Hope he won't be to prudent as we could end up like the Greeks. That would never do for 1 H/M cant speak Greek.

H/M.

Fred.

Must admit that Tesco red label is a bit lower class, but Mothers place doesn't have a Waitrose near by only Tesco and Sainsburys they also don't sell their tea in large '480' soft packs. They come in boxes a real pest when your trying to pack a few thousand of same at a time.

As I tend to give many away don't see why I should give the non riding peeps top class tea, bad enough having them in the Chateau giving it big one without paying anyway. Bill.

So your back from the land of Traffic hope you had a good time. Now your sorting out the garden.

Question don't you have a gardener??? had to let our one go was making a trifle mess of the Croquet lawn. Glad to say that Mrs H/M has taken over his job might have to do something about her as well, the other day whilst we were having our cucumber sandwich's during the break in proceedings she only had the cheek to start rolling the field of play. Dash nuisance after we had just got used to the conditions. Miffed was not the word.

Must admit though that your offer of 50bt for a quickie sound interesting any chance of a snap or two, one would hate to arrive and the quickie turned out to look somewhat like Mrs H/M dolled up with her pini & plastic gloves.

I don't know though might be interesting.

Thanks for the info on the Esso garage food wise not that I shall be traveling that way soon, but always handy to know.

I do believe that I omitted to put in my previous post the Visa one about 90 reporting. I did ask the lady who took care of me about doing same via the internet she informed me they are having problems with that at present not advisable post or call in would be better.

I see that we have the Budget in Blighty today could be interesting will have to have a gander at Sky news tonight, they will be having some sort of coverage from 6.30pm our time. To include PM question time.

He said that he wouldn't be raising taxes so he must be finding the needed cash by making cuts. Just wondering if he's going to use G/Brown words of being prudent that's when if you cant remember he put us in the Sh/t big time. Hope he won't be to prudent as we could end up like the Greeks. That would never do for 1 H/M cant speak Greek.

H/M.

Fred.

David.

Have just been reading the BKK post and it stated that N/S could be having tap water problems soon if we don't have a lot of rain.

Just a thought maybe it's not time to install new plants and the likes would hate to find they have gone down the pan lacking the liquid stuff.

Point of interest. Do your Trains need lots of water maybe time to upgrade to the electric type.

Where is Witherspoons situated in Patts: not that I shall be going there soon but might have a fishing trip later in the year with the lads. always handy to have something decent to drink.

H/M.

Fred.

The Witherspoons is in Buckhao Road, just north of the Soi Diana then its on the east side about 30 yards along.

I have diesel, steam and soon electrics on the go, running due any day now.

The 50bt tour does not gain entry to the grounds, the 1000bt might give you a view of the GB Olympic swimsuit, if you want to see the missus in it then the price would go up a lot, too much for country yokels not used to seeing superstars, if you understand.

Not been following the budget today, its the cricket you see England versus the Aussies, Morning to Australia, afternoon to England, so after tea we will see where we go.

On the subject of teabags, I came across "T Max Black Tea" in Vitteethep, boxed in 25s at 55 baht they are a bit dearer than Liptons or Tescos but twice the flavour. Unfortunately I took the last of the stock though I am told they will be re-stocked "soon".

On the subject of teabags, I came across "T Max Black Tea" in Vitteethep, boxed in 25s at 55 baht they are a bit dearer than Liptons or Tescos but twice the flavour. Unfortunately I took the last of the stock though I am told they will be re-stocked "soon".

Sorry about the double post.

On the subject of teabags, I have just returned from a cultural visit to Pattaya and whilst there was in Friendship where they have Yorkshire teabags at "80 for the price of 40", i.e. 80 @ 184 baht which ain't bad. Neither is the tea, pretty good in fact.

Just thought it might be of interest to anyone passing that way.

Did my first yearly extention at Nakhon Sawan immigration a few days ago. Despite being a few people waiting I was in and out in less than 20 minutes. There are always friendly. Did my 90 day report at the same time. We are very blessed to have such a friendly and polite office here in Nakon Sawan.

• 4 weeks later...

Been across the bridge today and the southbound carriageway is still down to one and bit as they begining to join the 3rd lane up to the 2nd, could be completed next year sometime, the northbound will be done later.

The ring road carries on, the former by-pass for KPP travellers will need to be up=graded once the link is pushed through to the Pitsanulok Road, it is hoped that all heavy goods vehicles will then by-pass Nakhon Sawan altogether making life easier for all, especially those from the adjacent province to the north who constantly whine and moan about anything south of the border.

Makro ( Nakhon Sawan) is officially to be recognized as both a heritage site and a Tourist attraction, in the same way as BIG C is. I bought a ladder in Makro today, a step in the right direction I would say, its orange so it might have something to do with Buddha as I ruled out the Dutch football team.

Been across the bridge today and the southbound carriageway is still down to one and bit as they begining to join the 3rd lane up to the 2nd, could be completed next year sometime, the northbound will be done later.

The ring road carries on, the former by-pass for KPP travellers will need to be up=graded once the link is pushed through to the Pitsanulok Road, it is hoped that all heavy goods vehicles will then by-pass Nakhon Sawan altogether making life easier for all, especially those from the adjacent province to the north who constantly whine and moan about anything south of the border.

Makro ( Nakhon Sawan) is officially to be recognized as both a heritage site and a Tourist attraction, in the same way as BIG C is. I bought a ladder in Makro today, a step in the right direction I would say, its orange so it might have something to do with Buddha as I ruled out the Dutch football team.

I think I speak for all about the sad & tragic news from BKK tonight RIP all those involved. Only hope that they catch those blighters sharpish.

H/M is not happy to report the fact that I was in N/S Wednesday.

Mrs M/H Birthday went to see if we could get a mixer, no not a cement one she already has one of those. A food joby Birthday treat don't you know.

Had found one in K.P.P Makro just thought that the Walk might have a better selection alas No. In fact Index only had one and it was a trite under par.

As it was also Mother day I decided to take her for an upmarket meal so pushed the boat out and we dined in the Walk food hall. A tad above her station but a Birthday is a Birthday.

Did you'll all be glad to hear get lots of change from the 200bt readies I changed up.

Must add though for what it was not bad at least hot and tasty a huge improvement on your Big C.

Information on roads as usual K.P.P is not letting the grass grow under it's feet, and are why I don't know resurfacing the roads and in several places on the way up.

One had to put up with several stretches of same with one way traffic. Dash inconvenient I must say so if anyone is thinking of traveling up towards K.P.P allow plenty of time. That's of cause after you have pre-planed the hour or so to get out of N/S in the first place.

Was pleased to see that we still have at least some flowers abounding even your clock was nearly on time. Twice in several years well done you.

If any of you mob down there can have a word with your heritage site Makro and ask if they could put at least some English signs up would be much obliged gave up looking for things. In the end just to much hassle. Happy to report that they did have lot of Lamb but not the knuckles I wanted. Seem to be a missing goody at all Makro's at present.

Must say though that it wasn't a complete waste of time did manage to get some non stick cake treys also one for my Yorkshire puddings.

H/M.

Fred.

Late night or early morning fredo? Anyway fully concur with your comments about Bangkok, seems a bit trite just to say condolences and sympathy to all affected, but there's not much more to say.

If you fancy something a touch more sophisticated than the food court (should you pass this way again) the S cafe and bistro which abuts the Malibu a bit further down is well worth a visit.

Late night or early morning fredo? Anyway fully concur with your comments about Bangkok, seems a bit trite just to say condolences and sympathy to all affected, but there's not much more to say.

If you fancy something a touch more sophisticated than the food court (should you pass this way again) the S cafe and bistro which abuts the Malibu a bit further down is well worth a visit.

Late night was watching the news, BBC Asia at best rubbish but CNN were fine.

Thank you for the offer of a freebee meal, well that's what I assumed you were implying. Do you run a tab there??? Or is it a buy a ticket and then get refund.

As if I know where the Malibu is. It's normally a case of get into N/S do what I have to do and get out.

A few direction wouldn't go amiss.

Something on the lines of out the front of the Walk/Big C turn Right/left and its 500km down on the left. Please no map coordinates.

I await reply. Promise I will report on same if it's any good, an ear hole bashing if it's not up to standard.

Perchance I shall be winging my way there soon few week yet so no panic. Have to do a Visa report.

Oh nearly forgot Lamb knuckles available at Makro C/Mai a chum has just come back and got me a couple their rather large and packed in three's. Not seen the make before whatever they do look rather nice.

Just a bit of trivia in case anyone fancy's a trip of several thousand KM to get some.

H/M.

Fred.

According to the latest Makro pamphlet they will have "Lag of Lamp" on offer all the way from NZ ( I think thats Nakhon Zawan). Expect its jolly tasty stuff non hte less, dont get that sort of thing over the border, usually things like Cat flanked by rats or diced beetles legs in 10-40 multigrade, anchovy fingers in acid dip, right funny lot over the border, I would take a packed lunch with you and a change of underware if you thinking of heading through just to be on the safe side.

According to the latest Makro pamphlet they will have "Lag of Lamp" on offer all the way from NZ ( I think thats Nakhon Zawan). Expect its jolly tasty stuff non hte less, dont get that sort of thing over the border, usually things like Cat flanked by rats or diced beetles legs in 10-40 multigrade, anchovy fingers in acid dip, right funny lot over the border, I would take a packed lunch with you and a change of underware if you thinking of heading through just to be on the safe side.

In Makro here we can get leg shoulder ribs (chops) but no bloody knuckle.

By the way we 'us upper class' get all the isles and Thai goodies in English as well. I think one refers to it as civilised.

Come on then who down there can read Thai well enough to find things in N/S Makro, the heritage bit does that mean like your trains David well behind the times.

Oh by the way you could also do with more check out lanes.

H/M.

Fred.

I am at present preparing for the late summer Bank Holiday (UK) visit to Pattaya. This is in the form of a goodwill trip to share information on Bar Fines, beers available, grading of waitresses, special prices for Nakhon Sawan residents. All this is expected to move the twinning of N/S and Patters as places of "outstanding natural beauty" further down the road, there is also talk of reciprical arrangements and chains of Bars in the two cities. There is even talk of a "Drinking Street" and "Walking Street" coming to the Heavenly City, you may recall that the last time "Walking Street" was tried here resulted in many injuries as no-one informed the local road uses ( I wont call them motorists ). So much to attend to and people north of the border will be welcome to bring plenty of bags full of money to leave in the local economy.

Big C number one has been having a big makeover, the foodpark has recently had new chairs and tables with available food now in English and Thai, to help people from up country and in the sticks who dont read Thai! Several of the bussinesses have put up their shutters in the last few days and dont look like they are moving internally or planning a refit, True is one of them, always seemed busy but there you go and Big C wont take their payments either. You can make what you want of that. I think there is a True counter at BIG C 2.

I am at present preparing for the late summer Bank Holiday (UK) visit to Pattaya. This is in the form of a goodwill trip to share information on Bar Fines, beers available, grading of waitresses, special prices for Nakhon Sawan residents. All this is expected to move the twinning of N/S and Patters as places of "outstanding natural beauty" further down the road, there is also talk of reciprical arrangements and chains of Bars in the two cities. There is even talk of a "Drinking Street" and "Walking Street" coming to the Heavenly City, you may recall that the last time "Walking Street" was tried here resulted in many injuries as no-one informed the local road uses ( I wont call them motorists ). So much to attend to and people north of the border will be welcome to bring plenty of bags full of money to leave in the local economy.

Big C number one has been having a big makeover, the foodpark has recently had new chairs and tables with available food now in English and Thai, to help people from up country and in the sticks who dont read Thai! Several of the bussinesses have put up their shutters in the last few days and dont look like they are moving internally or planning a refit, True is one of them, always seemed busy but there you go and Big C wont take their payments either. You can make what you want of that. I think there is a True counter at BIG C 2.

You shouldn't have any problems with twinning both are full of traffic. Where the natural beauty comes in Buddha only knows unless you comparing the pot holes that abound.

Don't tell me your talking about your Diesel coloured grey trees.

So Big C is having a face lift lets hope they improve their inedible cold rubbish food they normally dish out. Oh and the car park nearly forgot that.

The Walk food is far superior well at least it's edible.

H/H is awaiting Rott's reply re directions to the S Café & Bistro, somewhat better than both so H/M is led to believe.

Whatever have a good time don't forget your Pattaya rock.

H/M.

Fred.

The southbound extra carriageway over the river looks to be making good progress so should be open next year. The northbound one is behind but I expect that to be open later next year along with the new super highway that wing you from south of the City of Splendour, over the Tak road onto to the Pitsanulok road, next year should be a quite a year for travellers.

Very soon there will be a new floating market, access from the Riverside Road east of the bridge over the Chao Praya. Just what you would expect from a place like Nakhon Sawan, a place where worlds collide, where modern contemporary people of the world meet country people from the north who have taken days to walk there as the wheel has just been discovered and they only have one!

DeBretts ettiquite guide has been stumped by a new restaurant which opened in Nakhon Sawan only last month, it is believed to the only one of its type in Thailand. A "Western/Thai restaurant" featuring the best of both cultures its called "Steak n Sticks" in the centre of "town" here you can graple with you finest Thai Steaks cooked as you like it and then set about it in the local Thai way with chopsticks! The signature dish is "Steak n Noodles soup without either Steak or Noodles so its basically soup with chopsticks, enjoy the evening.

Out west in Tocland much work is going on in the "toc" from early in the morning until sundown 3 or 4 excavators are dredging a large lake ( there is no water now) about 6 -8 lorries are moving earth like no tomorrow, mainly round the sides of the one time lake, I would guess it to be about 220 yards square and the word is that this is to be a new recreational area, our own version of Sawan Park but more upper class. There is even rumours of a "Country Club"!

Only 4 days before the departure of Pattaya, or as its often known Sun City, I think I got the speeling right.

The southbound extra carriageway over the river looks to be making good progress so should be open next year. The northbound one is behind but I expect that to be open later next year along with the new super highway that wing you from south of the City of Splendour, over the Tak road onto to the Pitsanulok road, next year should be a quite a year for travellers.

Very soon there will be a new floating market, access from the Riverside Road east of the bridge over the Chao Praya. Just what you would expect from a place like Nakhon Sawan, a place where worlds collide, where modern contemporary people of the world meet country people from the north who have taken days to walk there as the wheel has just been discovered and they only have one!

DeBretts ettiquite guide has been stumped by a new restaurant which opened in Nakhon Sawan only last month, it is believed to the only one of its type in Thailand. A "Western/Thai restaurant" featuring the best of both cultures its called "Steak n Sticks" in the centre of "town" here you can graple with you finest Thai Steaks cooked as you like it and then set about it in the local Thai way with chopsticks! The signature dish is "Steak n Noodles soup without either Steak or Noodles so its basically soup with chopsticks, enjoy the evening.

Out west in Tocland much work is going on in the "toc" from early in the morning until sundown 3 or 4 excavators are dredging a large lake ( there is no water now) about 6 -8 lorries are moving earth like no tomorrow, mainly round the sides of the one time lake, I would guess it to be about 220 yards square and the word is that this is to be a new recreational area, our own version of Sawan Park but more upper class. There is even rumours of a "Country Club"!

Only 4 days before the departure of Pattaya, or as its often known Sun City, I think I got the speeling right.

Worlds collide the right wording me thinks. Only problem is I think they have already collided there, well it seemed like that a few weeks ago when H/M was in town.

Restaurants, now there's a thing not having received Rott's directions on the S Cafe I thought I would look it up on Google and there it was, did look must admit a tad better than Big C. Only problem was it seemed like it's a place for taking snaps of your dearly beloved 90% of the post about the place was adorned with ones better half, no not Mrs H/M as that would have put everyone orf from going.

So you have a new recreational site in the making when prey is that opening 6/7 years time, just in time for the fire work display for the completion of the bridge.

Hope you have a good time in Sun City. H/M awaits you post regarding same.

Oh nearly forgot W/H beat Liverpool 3/0 today.

H/M.

Fred.

Sorry about the delay fredo, procrastination being the thief of time etc., but if it is still of any use to you :- come out of The Walk facing the lake/park, turn to your right and it can not be more than a one minute drive. Not seen the facebook page but not really for the common herd and well worth a try. Possibly soon there will be more news about fine dining in NS but nothing definite yet.

Some very interesting results yesterday and a manager or two quite likely wondering what the future holds.

Sorry about the delay fredo, procrastination being the thief of time etc., but if it is still of any use to you :- come out of The Walk facing the lake/park, turn to your right and it can not be more than a one minute drive. Not seen the facebook page but not really for the common herd and well worth a try. Possibly soon there will be more news about fine dining in NS but nothing definite yet.

Some very interesting results yesterday and a manager or two quite likely wondering what the future holds.

Thanks for that Rott. No it's not to late I did say take your time anyway. I 'Googled' S café Bistro N/S, good snaps of the place put in by locals one thinks so they contain I was there pictures.

It has always puzzled me why no one has ever got their act together regarding restaurants in N/S.

On the few times I have frequented same there does seem to be a multitude of non Thais hovering about shopping and the likes so there must be an opening for same or even some.

K.P.P on the other hand has a lot less Farangs, H/M can go out for weeks and never see a western face 'Quite Happy with that' but we are slaughtered with good places to dine.

Our local western/German restaurant Oasis doesn't have anything Thai on their menu, not even rice and on most occasions day and night it's full of Thai's. All mostly dining on things like plates of sausages, he serves one dish with 12 'mixed' of same on it very popular also smoked pork knuckles ETC whilst drinking German beer not their usual water.

H/M has put it down to K.P.P being an upmarket town/city attracting upper class H/M type Peeps, but that's another story.

Once again many thanks will give it a go as and when.

H/M .

Fred or Fredo whatever both are better than what I'm normally called.

There is one very good Thai restaurant, Baan Issan, on the back way out of town toward Khok Samrong, not too far from immigration. If coming from immigration, go to Sawanvittee road, turn left. Go to the "T" junction, turn right. Go to the traffic light, turn left. It's about 500 meters down on the left.

There is one very good Thai restaurant, Baan Issan, on the back way out of town toward Khok Samrong, not too far from immigration. If coming from immigration, go to Sawanvittee road, turn left. Go to the "T" junction, turn right. Go to the traffic light, turn left. It's about 500 meters down on the left.

Hope your ok Wayne.

I don't know that restaurant but on the odd occasions have been to one on the same soi, but it's further down on the right. The G/L says it's Burmese owned, whatever they do do a good cheap midday light meal. Has a Barbie outside and a place that sell plastic bits next to it, if that helps.

H/M.

Fred.

Here's a blurb about the Ban Issan restaurant. Forgot about the Huan Talab also good food on the river road a couple of kilometers past immigration going west. Not as pricey as Baan Issan. http://www.nakhonsawanprovince.com/restaurant.htm

I'm doing okay. Just replanted the corn. The first planting was ploughed under due to lack of rain. So far this crop looks good and we have been getting rain every afternoon. The big brother of the beast to in pieces awaiting parts from the US, a set of rasp bars for the thresher. I wanted to service it in Feb but the Thais being Thais they always wait until the last minute and now its rush rush.

been fight a wound on the bottom of my foot for the last five months that just won't heal. I finally let the "vampires" take a knife to it last week and it seems to be doing better.

After my last trip to Makro I've given up. I bought a package of four steaks from Oz that were so bad they ended up being dog food. I just ordered a delivery from Passion Delivery in Bangkok. Products from 7 stores. So far so good the beef is great and I'm into some lamb tonight. Well worth the price.

post-77463-0-48002100-1440979025_thumb.j

post-77463-0-11031900-1440979068_thumb.j

Here's a blurb about the Ban Issan restaurant. Forgot about the Huan Talab also good food on the river road a couple of kilometers past immigration going west. Not as pricey as Baan Issan. http://www.nakhonsawanprovince.com/restaurant.htm

I'm doing okay. Just replanted the corn. The first planting was ploughed under due to lack of rain. So far this crop looks good and we have been getting rain every afternoon. The big brother of the beast to in pieces awaiting parts from the US, a set of rasp bars for the thresher. I wanted to service it in Feb but the Thais being Thais they always wait until the last minute and now its rush rush.

been fight a wound on the bottom of my foot for the last five months that just won't heal. I finally let the "vampires" take a knife to it last week and it seems to be doing better.

After my last trip to Makro I've given up. I bought a package of four steaks from Oz that were so bad they ended up being dog food. I just ordered a delivery from Passion Delivery in Bangkok. Products from 7 stores. So far so good the beef is great and I'm into some lamb tonight. Well worth the price.

attachicon.gifDSC01064.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC01055.JPG

Like Bill also glad to see that you are still plodding on the corn is coming on as well.

The Beef also looks good any chance of a sandwich.

I see that the B/Issan has VIP rooms, seems somewhat wasted on the locals but for us up north peeps just the thing. Will give it a try when I'm about. What with that and the S café at least I should be able to find some half decent grub.

H/M.

Fred.

Archived