Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Thanks for the offer, I don't know what you can do as I don't actually know what I am doing other than I opened a bottle of Glenmorangie that I bought in duty free 6 days short of exactly 17 years ago when I can here to stay.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Buddhist path leads her there, my wife joined our loved ones at the rainbow bridge this morning to wait for me and our other friends The extent of the ruptured aneurysm and complications of the surgery were just too severe.

She was 20 years younger than me and we talked about my passing but never discussed her going first. Thanks for your support!

I am so sorry to hear that your wife has passed on. Please accept my deepest sympathy and that of my wife and son.

In the absence of KPP's self appointed ambassador of tripe, I will tomorrow make a goodwill visit to hub of Farangland, Pattaya to encourage tourism to the beautiful city of Nakhon Sawan, extolling the virtues of the provinces's claims to fame as the Hub of Noddles and home of the "superstars" Caryyboo was here on saturday night, again ( he and his band obviously love the place and are well into their noodles). No doubt they will be back soon to taste the eagerly awaited "Songkran Noodles" which I understand will be tasting of " roast beef and Yorkshire pudding" ( after a few bottles Hongy Thongy).

The population of the city continues to expand, after the last census ( those that bothered to take part) showed an increase from 94k to 115k and out in Tokland ( home of the superstars and gentry) the amount of building and land with adverts for building grows at an amazing pace, I hope that it will not be the homes to redundant equestrian folk from the north now that the H/M has fled as the aroma of horse luggage is not what is required in the area.

On the great bridge the southbound new carriageway progresses slowly, whilst the northbound one is way behind but is begining to take shape, the finish is anyones guess.

Now a heads up for people turning right at traffic lights, if there is not a sign permitting this the police here are going to be taking a tougher stance with offenders after the Songkran Festival so be warned they may be round the corner waiting for you, we have already been told "no can do".

In view of the (possible) introduction of on line 90 day reporting less of us will HAVE to travel to smog filled city anymore so the sales of bacon and egg noodles will drop dramatically.

Vendors will be flinging themselves off the new bridges only to land in the mud below.

Nakhon Sawan will become a ghost town. BigC, LotusTesco, Makro, KFC, McDs will all close down and doom and gloom (thats already there anyway) will prevail.

In view of the (possible) introduction of on line 90 day reporting less of us will HAVE to travel to smog filled city anymore so the sales of bacon and egg noodles will drop dramatically.

Vendors will be flinging themselves off the new bridges only to land in the mud below.

Nakhon Sawan will become a ghost town. BigC, LotusTesco, Makro, KFC, McDs will all close down and doom and gloom (thats already there anyway) will prevail.

Doom and Gloom couldn't have put it better myself you must be taking as leaf out of M/H book.

Re falling into the mud you omitted to mention the old bike frames and the supermarket trollies that abound.

So David/Nong is orf to jolly old Pattaya, city of even more traffic than N/S if that's possible. Only hope he's out by the water throwing time or he might be washed away.

I don't know if you have seen Pattaya section on TV, seems that they are having major problem getting there from BKK via the Motorway with some peeps taking up to 5/6 hours do complete same.

Point of order Dave so there's no right turn at the traffic lights thanks for that just one very small question what set would that be out of the 30+ thousand that dot the city.

Please don't tell me there the ones that one turns right at to use the bypass.

Update on Blighty.

Sorry to report much the same crazy prices now heading for April shower as well as the tepid heat.

Looks like it'll be several more weeks till my return but there is now light at the end of the tunnel.

Bill question. Haven't heard about the 90 day reporting when did this come about???

Only hope it's not another Thai bright idea that fails to come to fruition.

Do it by post is the way to go.

Talking of visas H/M 1 year one has lapsed before my return will have to obtain a new 0 one never rains but it pores.

H/M.

Fred.

Hi King Freddie

I got ntht info from my mate in Denmark and it was in the BKK Post last week.

It is also here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/799786-good-news-from-thai-immigration-90-day-report-is-now-possible-online/

and here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/798992-90-day-report-by-internet/

and here too http://news.thaivisa.com/thaivisa-news/online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/43487/

I am due another report on 21st April so I will wait a few days for the rush to die down and perhaps call NS Immigration for an update on 056 881 517-8 first.

Hi King Freddie

I got ntht info from my mate in Denmark and it was in the BKK Post last week.

It is also here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/799786-good-news-from-thai-immigration-90-day-report-is-now-possible-online/

and here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/798992-90-day-report-by-internet/

and here too http://news.thaivisa.com/thaivisa-news/online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/43487/

I am due another report on 21st April so I will wait a few days for the rush to die down and perhaps call NS Immigration for an update on 056 881 517-8 first.

Thank you for that must admit haven't kept abreast of thing's there since being in Blighty.

Would be interesting to see how things progress as I do use internet Explorer most of the time.

At least it'll save a postage stamp + a trip to the post office.

Thank you for the heading of King but in future his lordship will suffice.

Would hate peeps thinking that H/M was getting above his royal status.

H/M.

Fred.

I have now returned in triumph from Pattaya having experienced the abstainance of the wednesday, the day when the beach shall have no deck chairs, recliners or umbrellas, so basically there is no one on the beach! I guess someone has explained it to the people who work there for a living that its good for the planet. Its not busy, people obviously heading for Nakhon Sawan instead, could end up being the Las Vegas of Thailand ( without the gambling) .

Driving on the roads was, how can I best put it, well below par to the bottom of the barrel.

I have now returned in triumph from Pattaya having experienced the abstainance of the wednesday, the day when the beach shall have no deck chairs, recliners or umbrellas, so basically there is no one on the beach! I guess someone has explained it to the people who work there for a living that its good for the planet. Its not busy, people obviously heading for Nakhon Sawan instead, could end up being the Las Vegas of Thailand ( without the gambling) .

Driving on the roads was, how can I best put it, well below par to the bottom of the barrel.

Here is a link that may interest you Dave.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-32181383

Sorry to hear you had a dry day on the Wednesday planned that well. Should have come to K.P.Phet there's always bars open here.

Right do you ever read other posts Dave ??? what traffic lights cant you turn right at. Still awaiting a reply.

You should by now be used to bad traffic/driving not to mention jams, just wait till the 9th and it'll be hell there, won't end to around 21th. All down to Songkran starting on Monday the 13th.

Update on Blighty.

Its the Easter weekend if you've forgotten chocolate eggs everywhere, with no shops open this Sunday either.

Weather is a trite chilly going down to 2/3c night time 9/10c day, all in all pretty pore.

Only thing worth looking forward to is the food, roast beef with all the trimmings today at least Buddha hasn't forgotten me in that direction.

Nearly forgot Hot cross buns with lashings of butter delish.

H/M.

Fred.

Sorry to hear you had a dry day on the Wednesday planned that well. Should have come to K.P.Phet there's always bars open here.

Right do you ever read other posts Dave ??? what traffic lights cant you turn right at. Still awaiting a reply.

You should by now be used to bad traffic/driving not to mention jams, just wait till the 9th and it'll be hell there, won't end to around 21th. All down to Songkran starting on Monday the 13th.

Update on Blighty.

Its the Easter weekend if you've forgotten chocolate eggs everywhere, with no shops open this Sunday either.

Weather is a trite chilly going down to 2/3c night time 9/10c day, all in all pretty pore.

Only thing worth looking forward to is the food, roast beef with all the trimmings today at least Buddha hasn't forgotten me in that direction.

H/M.

Fred.

Just to make you feel homesick.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48380.html

Update on Blighty.

H/M.

Fred.

Just to make you feel homesick.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48380.html

Thanks a bunch for that Bill the elder.

Just what I needed the weather there that is.

Last night here it was low with frost on the grass this morning, not to bad during the day hovering above 10c with some sun about.

Some good news.

I've no doubt you all will be pleased to hear that H/M shall be able to wing my way back soon, with a bit of luck early May. All thank Buddha for the English free social services, don't you just love them.

Only have to sort out my 0 visa and book ticket. As luck would have it EVA Air are now offering discounts on flights if booked before the end of April and travel before the end of June, so H/M will make full use of same.

Not long now and I shall be able to relate first hand how life is progressing in the town/city of Shangri La aka K.P.Phet.

H/M.

Fred.

Great stuff Bill and its great that people like Pete Waterman, an ordinary bloke like me can put so much of his money back into the community and make people happy by doing it, give people a an opportunity to learn a trade and better themselves, really, what life is all about, luckily Pete is not the only one who does it.

It was the railways that started the Industrial revolution, run properly they are a most civilized and economic way to move people around, just one of the things that the UK gave to the world. I will shortly be returning to Blighty and have already booked almost 3000 miles of train travel to see and meet, Really looking forward to that as the temps here in Shangrila have now reached 94f at 1930 and a little respite is called for shortly.

Great stuff Bill and its great that people like Pete Waterman, an ordinary bloke like me can put so much of his money back into the community and make people happy by doing it, give people a an opportunity to learn a trade and better themselves, really, what life is all about, luckily Pete is not the only one who does it.

It was the railways that started the Industrial revolution, run properly they are a most civilized and economic way to move people around, just one of the things that the UK gave to the world. I will shortly be returning to Blighty and have already booked almost 3000 miles of train travel to see and meet, Really looking forward to that as the temps here in Shangrila have now reached 94f at 1930 and a little respite is called for shortly.

Hope you have got a cheep price for your train trips Dave.

My daughter has just had to do a trip from Leicester to Kings cross return 'crap class' no seat booked I think they call it pot luck. How does £100 grab you.

Point of order. Have you moved and not informed us??? I see that you have taken to using K.P.P. other name of Shangri La and not N/Smog in your posts.

Update on Blighty.

Still cold at night with tomorrows max temp: reaching the heady heights of 10c.

Aintree Grand National and the boat race are on tomorrow Sat:

H/M you'll all be pleased to hear has booked his ticket back will arrive early in May.

If anyone is interested EVA Air is doing reduced prices on their flights till the end of June, H/M managed to get a Business return for £1,900 Thai/BA wanted over £2,500.

Got to go now as Rambo first Blood is just about to start oh what joy.......................slight delay to change the TV to orf.

Why they cant put a good hunting film on, or reruns of The Black stallion even Nation Velvet I don't know.

H/M.

Fred.

Has anybody used a lawyer in Nakhon Sawan. If so, can you recommend one and PM me with Name, Address and contact details, phone and email. My wife recently died and we own land in her name and I now have to start the process of transferring the land to my name as statutory heir and sell it within one year. I went to the land office and they don't have a clue! I even had an explanation of the law in Thai and English but they either didn't understand or didn't want to since Songkran holidays started the next day!

Does your deceased Wife have Children,first factor?. I've asked today for You from knowledgeable Thais. The Land Office understands more than well what to do.They are not impressed by their attitude. Especially treating You like this during such a sad loss. Census being you dont need a Legal Office,just a good Thai Friend.My belated sympathy Wayned.

AOP,

I appreciate your condolences!

However the rest is totally condescending. I live in the sticks and have to use the land office responsible for the area where I live. As I said I've been to the land office and have spoken to others. The land office knows full well how to transfer ownership to Thai heirs upon death of the owner, but there in lies the problem! I, being a foreigner, can not own land! Therefore the office can not just transfer the land to me and they, nor anyone else that I have talked to, understands the process necessary for me to get control of the land, without ownership, so that I can sell it legally. After Songkran, they might, just might, pick up the telephone and call Bangkok to find out what has to be done but I don't have any confidence.

All that I asked for was a recommendation from someone that has used a lawyer not and bunch of BS implying how stupid I am!

A new Italian restaurant has opened on the Witithep parking lot where Yam Sep used to be. I tried spaghetti chefs special, it was divine! I recommend this one, Australian cook with his Thai wife. 50's style interior, rock and roll music, very nice. Also has hamburgers and Thai food. Not expensive, spaghetti bolognese something like 79 baht.

A new Italian restaurant has opened on the Witithep parking lot where Yam Sep used to be. I tried spaghetti chefs special, it was divine! I recommend this one, Australian cook with his Thai wife. 50's style interior, rock and roll music, very nice. Also has hamburgers and Thai food. Not expensive, spaghetti bolognese something like 79 baht.

Sounds good. Can you give more detials of where it is and its name. Thanks

+ 1

This has been opened by Armando, he is an Aussie from Melbourne, he opened about a week ago and he says he is doing well, we will go on monday. From what understand it is mainly western cuisine with a bit of Thai and not expensive and good from what I hear. It is I gather biased towards the Italian opens at 0700 and closes late maybe 1000pm.Its in the Vittethep square where you park, or you can access from the road to the south adjacent to the Vittithep store.

Will give you a report after monday.

If you are not sure where Vittethep is take the road at the crossroads at BIG C with the Bangkok Road, over the the Bangkok Road heading east, go past Fairyland and look for building on the right which is white and mainly light green at the end of the building on the right is the entry to the car park, "Bella Pasta" is then in your south east corner of the car park.

This has been opened by Armando, he is an Aussie from Melbourne, he opened about a week ago and he says he is doing well, we will go on monday. From what understand it is mainly western cuisine with a bit of Thai and not expensive and good from what I hear. It is I gather biased towards the Italian opens at 0700 and closes late maybe 1000pm.Its in the Vittethep square where you park, or you can access from the road to the south adjacent to the Vittithep store.

Will give you a report after monday.

If you are not sure where Vittethep is take the road at the crossroads at BIG C with the Bangkok Road, over the the Bangkok Road heading east, go past Fairyland and look for building on the right which is white and mainly light green at the end of the building on the right is the entry to the car park, "Bella Pasta" is then in your south east corner of the car park.

I will be in N/S on Tuesday for my 90 day report as will Bim so we might take a stroll down that way for lunch. Perhaps we will see you there.

Cheers

As said Bella Pasta on the Wittithep / Vittitep parking lot. Enter just before Amorn Electronics coming from Fairyland/ Big c

Archived