Poll: Favorite Pattaya Area Place For Mexican Food

Jingthing

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He usually sits on the big wooden bench that he brought from his old place that's right at the front and partly outside in the corner on the left as you enter.

Unless I get there before him then he sits in the corner at the bar where the notebook and tablet computers are which is on the opposite side but not directly opposite the kitchen.

But as I never realised he smokes I wouldn't know where his smoke goes. It's certainly not near me.

Ok.. since you seem to be an expert in the layout.. what would you consider the bar being directly opposite of if not the kitchen?

Also, since I haven't been in there for about a year now, maybe he quit smoking since him and his wife had a baby. Maybe that has changed his whole policy on smoking. That would be wonderful but still won't get me back in there.

Part of the bar is opposite the kitchen (i.e. on the opposite wall) , but not the end of it where the notebook computer is located.

and he sits there occassionally when the front seat is taken by a customer.

Just so I'm clear what we are going back and forth on.. are you doubting that I am telling the truth about seeing Mike smoking inside the restaurant? Or are you trying to change the focus over to where you have seen Mike sitting in the restaurant?

Neither.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so I'm clear what we are going back and forth on.. are you doubting that I am telling the truth about seeing Mike smoking inside the restaurant? Or are you trying to change the focus over to where you have seen Mike sitting in the restaurant?

Neither.

So glad to hear you agree with me. And here I thought you were just posting to be nit picking my words.

Neither.

So glad to hear you agree with me. And here I thought you were just posting to be nit picking my words.

Agree with what?

What I said is that it's news to me that Mike smokes and I've been going to his restaurant for 5 years now. If he does smoke it's never bothered me (or Gerry53 apparently) and I've never noticed anyone else smoking there.

Also (as Gerry53 confirms) Mikes favourite spot to sit seems to be out front by the road when available. Which is maybe why if he does smoke I've never noticed it.

Ok.. Well I won't argue with you not knowing he smokes or did smoke. I know for a fact that he used to smoke INSIDE (not just on the table on the street) his restaurant and I even went so far as complaining which seemed to do no good. I can even tell you he smokes (or did smoke) Marlboro reds.

Post edited to remove content I have 2nd thoughts about sharing...

Masa Harina which is used to make corn tortillas is next to impossible to source here. Now, flour tortillas with a nice melange of critters in a zesty pico, topped with toasted scorpion crisps, now thats something to sink a tooth into. Whats also lovely about such a dish is the fact that you could use the cricket legs as a tooth pick afterwords thus saving a tree. Think green. It's being taught at all the best culinary schools at the moment. Bone up a Tit!

So where is "Mike's on the hill"? Is it on Prathumnak hill on the Jomtien side or can someone please get me pointed in the right direction? Im bloody hungry now after reading all this.

OMFG !!!!!! This menue says that 1 taco (beef) is 200 baht?

Well off to Foodland to buy taco shells, ground beef, etc. to make my own.

oops ok the picture shows 2 sorry. Still. :(

Edited by Gone

oops ok the picture shows 2 sorry. Still. sad.png

But wait... did you hear.. Sunrise Tacos has all you can eat tacos on Tues and Friday for 220thb ++... ;) Oh and not sure it's been mentioned (enough) yet but they have a salsa bar.

But wait... did you hear.. Sunrise Tacos has all you can eat tacos on Tues and Friday for 220thb ++... wink.png Oh and not sure it's been mentioned (enough) yet but they have a salsa bar.

i did hear and yes i think its been mentioned enough already.............

But wait... did you hear.. Sunrise Tacos has all you can eat tacos on Tues and Friday for 220thb ++... wink.png Oh and not sure it's been mentioned (enough) yet but they have a salsa bar.

Thanks.. couldn't remember.

Mexican food always looks good in photos, but in Thailand one is usually disappointed. Tequila Reef's burritos look really good, but does not taste anything like the real thing.

IMO, Tequila Reef's burritos look really good, but does not taste anything like the real thing.

Mexican food always looks good in photos, but in Thailand one is usually disappointed. Tequila Reef's burritos look really good, but does not taste anything like the real thing.

IMO, Tequila Reef's burritos look really good, but does not taste anything like the real thing.

I have not had a real burrito outside of L.A. and I have pretty much given up hope finding one outside of S. Cal. I have made taco's at home that are close to the real thing but after buying the ingredients it comes out to 500 baht. I am not a big fan of Tequila Reef's mexican food but they do try, I usually order other things on their menu which I think they do quite well.

Sam's has a big dinner special now: 1 tosada, 1 taco, 1 enchalada and rice for 199 baht. It was quite a lot of food and good without the ++ charge.

Looks good.

No ++ ?

Sam doesn't charge tax?

I was referring to the ++ as service charge. I had many things on the bill, I don't actually remember if tax was included or not.

Sam's has a big dinner special now: 1 tosada, 1 taco, 1 enchalada and rice for 199 baht. It was quite a lot of food and good without the ++ charge.

Looks good.

No ++ ?

Sam doesn't charge tax?

I was referring to the ++ as service charge. I had many things on the bill, I don't actually remember if tax was included or not.

Is Sunrise buried the tax and service charge would that make a difference to those that complain about ++?

I have not had a real burrito outside of L.A. and I have pretty much given up hope finding one outside of S. Cal. I have made taco's at home that are close to the real thing but after buying the ingredients it comes out to 500 baht. I am not a big fan of Tequila Reef's mexican food but they do try, I usually order other things on their menu which I think they do quite well.

IMO, the burritos at Miguel's in Chiang Mai are authentic and taste pretty good. If I had the same thing in San Francisco or LA, I would not be raving about how good it was, but I would not be angry about it either and Miguel's is the only Mexican restaurant in Thailand that I have tried that I can say something that positive about. However, I have not tried the 3 new Mexican places in Bangkok yet that are all getting good reviews.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I wonder just how many salsas JT uses when he eats?

if his appetite for posting on TV is as big as his appetite for eating then he probably eats all of them...................twice!

Looks good however I am a stickler and usually scan a menu before I eat anywhere and when I see things like BLT for 170 baht or a Club Sandwich for 200 baht I just keep on walking.

if his appetite for posting on TV is as big as his appetite for eating then he probably eats all of them...................twice!

Well as he professes a liking for spicy salsa I don't see what use a salsa bar with several non-spicy salsas would be to him?

He's suspiciously quiet these days. Has he got another posting holiday?

• Like 2