Poll: Favorite Pattaya Area Place For Mexican Food

Jingthing

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the chicken quesadilla at Sam's a few days ago. Miles ahead of the Sunrise version, which, strangely enough, doesn't have any cheese.

Or, at least, none that you can readily see or taste.

Cheese is a menu promise for quesadilla. If you REALLY got one without cheese at Sunrise, which frankly I have my doubts about, you SHOULD have complained about it and demand that it be fixed.

Had the chicken quesadilla at Sam's a few days ago. Miles ahead of the Sunrise version, which, strangely enough, doesn't have any cheese.

That is very strange indeed as Queso is cheese in Spanish.

So strange as to be unbelievable.

I did bring it to their attention after combing thru the quesadilla looking for cheese. They said, "its in there". Where have I heard that before!@

Another strike against Sunrise. There's hardly ever a manager (falang) around.

I did bring it to their attention after combing thru the quesadilla looking for cheese. They said, "its in there". Where have I heard that before!@

OK if you say so. Well, I'll tell you one thing. If it was me, and there REALLY was no cheese in there, I would have opened up the bugger and not stopped complaining until I was brought a proper quesadilla WITH cheese! Often the "service" response here is a lazy one or an outright lie. Then push harder if you're right. I'm confident IF you were right, you COULD have gotten cheese on your food that is definitely supposed to have cheese.

Tell me something I don't know. As my moniker says, I'm from LA. I know that I shouldn't have to go hunting for the cheese in a

quesadilla.

OK if you say so. Well, I'll tell you one thing. If it was me, and there REALLY was no cheese in there, I would have opened up the bugger and not stopped complaining until I was brought a proper quesadilla WITH cheese! Often the "service" response here is a lazy one or an outright lie. Then push harder if you're right. I'm confident IF you were right, you COULD have gotten cheese on your food that is definitely supposed to have cheese.

There you go. When you have to get into arguments with the staff, its time to move on. I'll take Sam's anyday.

There you go. When you have to get into arguments with the staff, its time to move on. I'll take Sam's anyday.

Understood. But that kind of thing happens at so many places here that if you boycotted every place with a service incident, you'd run out of places to eat out. The other day at ANOTHER restaurant I was served a fajitas platter with NO BEANS (which I understood to be a menu promise). The waitress with a straight face told me: It's COOKED in there! (Everything is OPEN with a fajita platter. Frankly I also think you aren't being entirely truthful. First no cheese. Then no cheese you could SEE. Then you did complain when you didn't mention it before. You still fail to mention if you ever opened the thing to check for cheese or when you ATE it whether there was cheese to taste. If you don't like Sunrise fine but no need to make up stories. Edited by Jingthing

On my last visit to Sunrise, the waiter tells them they have a delicious new special, so I order.

The waiter brings out a large platter with two huge steaming rounds of meat, juices dripping. It smells delicious and tastes even better.

I was delighted with the meal, and ask the waiter what fabulous meat was in the dish.

"Each Saturday night, we have the bullfights, and that was the bull's balls you ate."

It was delicious, so I got over it.

Weeks later feeling adventuresome, I order the same dish.

Once again, the waiter brings out the serving dish and places it on the table. But this time, there are two tiny pieces of meat, barely enough for one.

I questioned the waiter "Excuse me, but the last time I was here and ordered this dish, it was huge, more than enough for two. Why is this portion so small?"

The waiter smiles and replies, "Well, you see, sometimes the bull wins."

A post commenting on moderation has been removed as per forum rule:

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy. Members should not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.