Thai Girls Angling For Rich Farangs... Bo-O--O-Oring!

isanbirder

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in P&P Elizabeth scorned Darcy's wealth (he owned 'half of Derbyshire') until she was convinced that his love was true and she had every reason to believe that it was not...then, he repaired to her lodgings in Bakewell (cute place, I been there meself, nice baked tarts and cream teas, drove up in me 1985 Skoda from Derby) during her inadvertent tour of his estate to mutely declare his love and she, being a prescient woman, finally understood...and, then happily forever after...

bah! I want violence, retribution and enduring hatred...madness and grand estates burning to the ground...otherwise, P&P is very entertaining...the Bronte sisters were a few years later...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

If you are married to an intelligent woman, I would take exception that you are a bum. She must have seen that you have some potential. If she doesn't see any potential, then I would have to think that she is stupid.

If you are married to an intelligent woman, I would take exception that you are a bum. She must have seen that you have some potential. If she doesn't see any potential, then I would have to think that she is stupid.

Is it really so difficult to accept there are human beings that don't have wealth as a priority?

Edited by Moonrakers
  • Like 1

Is it really so difficult to accept there are human beings that don't have wealth as a priority?

There is a huge difference between being wealthy and having enough to eat.

So now we're going from women angling for wealthy men to the extreme of them not being able to eat?

Anyway, isan is right as this is a topic that has been done to death. People will continue to stick with their prejudices in spite of the many, many happy couples in the world that don't have a pot to piss in.

Edited by Moonrakers

This is a very simple thing. Why would any reasonably attractive intelligent woman want to find and marry a poor bum? That would make them stupid and a reasonably attractive man wouldn't want to marry a stupid woman.

I think what you mean to say

Is that no man wants to marry an ugly woman, but many settle for what they can get.

Being a reasonably attractive man, I wouldn't want to marry an intelligent woman, stupid, young and pretty is ideal.

(which seems strangely at odds with your post, maybe you watch too many 'twilight' movies)

Edited by ludditeman

1:9 There is - There is nothing in the world but a continued and tiresome repetition of the same things. The nature and course of the beings and affairs of the world, and the tempers of men, are the same that they ever were and shall ever be; and therefore, because no man ever yet received satisfaction from worldly things, it is vain for any person hereafter to expect it. No new thing - In the nature of things, which might give us hopes of attaining that satisfaction which hitherto things have not afforded.

http://wes.biblecomm...lesiastes/1.htm

That includes deluded people.

Indeed, as my grandfather said:-

"You can't buy a loaf of bread with a shit house door"

(I actually suspect that if you can find a baker who needs a shit house door then he will barter)

(I actually suspect that if you can find a baker who needs a shit house door then he will barter)

waydaminit...in an underground comic Mrs Yahoodie instructed her slobbering offspring: 'you can pick yer nose and you can pick yer friends but ye can't pick yer friends' noses...remember that...'

then, in the school yard: 'hey, Watchel...lemme pick yer nose...'

it was the late 60s an' ye had t'be on acid...etc...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Tell me....in which country in the world, do women not go angling for wealthy men?

However I do agree with the OP that some subjects are done to death here.

Maybe we should have a done to death forum.

Perhaps we are all not as obviously intelligent as you. Me for one. rolleyes.gif

There was no need to point that out, it was quite obvious. coffee1.gif

as a piority, no. but many would walk over bodies if it were a possibility

have you priced doors lately?

• Like 1

I'm a poor bum, and I'm married to a beautiful and intelligent woman.

Yep, me the same except the intelligent bit. cowboy.gif

Yep, me the same except the poor and the intelligent bits. cowboy.gif

I'd love it if your wife, Mr ludditeman, could join this Forum and comment on all your pearls of wisdom ... could be an entirely separate thread!

OH ... nice Avatar! Glad you finally grabbed one.

I think only Tootsie admits to having read Pride and Prejudice (and then goes on to show us how much more he's read). But then, in a sort of tough guy jargon which is meant to be I don't know what, he expects every detail to match. Not so... the comparison was a general one, not a suggestion that the whole of Austen's story is played out in detail. Mutatis mutandis, Tootsie, mutatis mutandis.

I think only Tootsie admits to having read Pride and Prejudice (and then goes on to show us how much more he's read). But then, in a sort of tough guy jargon which is meant to be I don't know what, he expects every detail to match. Not so... the comparison was a general one, not a suggestion that the whole of Austen's story is played out in detail. Mutatis mutandis, Tootsie, mutatis mutandis.

For those lacking a classical education or years nit-picking with contractors, mutatis mutandis means "same same only different" and is best thought of as a gap large enough to drive a cart and horses through

SC

For those lacking a classical education or years nit-picking with contractors, mutatis mutandis means "same same only different" and is best thought of as a gap large enough to drive a cart and horses through

SC

Does this mean that a Tootsie is the same same only different in the tackle department?

SC

Does this mean that a Tootsie is the same same only different in the tackle department?

the name is tutsiwarrior but you can call me tuts (hiya, hiya)...just like the menacing hoodlum in the film Key Largo...yeah, I like to do 'tough guy' on occasion but I believe that it is a vernacular that everyone understands...

with regard to P&P I just read it recently...wanted to know what all the fuss about Jane Austen was about...

btw, the 80s film Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman was a bit of a scream, don't you think?

Right at the beginning of this thread, CardHolder, for reasons best known to himself, started talking about transvestites. Always being one who tries to please, I latched onto the first TV name I could find in the thread (TV=transvestite, not ThaiVisa). Tutsi, Tootsie.... tout ca change, tout c'est la meme chose (sorry, no accents or cedillas on my keyboard).

Yes, Tootsie was a great film... but I prefer my boys to stay boys!

Right at the beginning of this thread, CardHolder, for reasons best known to himself, started talking about transvestites. Always being one who tries to please, I latched onto the first TV name I could find in the thread (TV=transvestite, not ThaiVisa). Tutsi, Tootsie.... tout ca change, tout c'est la meme chose (sorry, no accents or cedillas on my keyboard).

look out there, birder...this is an english language website and urbane pretentions are frowned upon...an' I can speak french too: 'ou est le gare du nord?...'

Edited by tutsiwarrior

look out there, birder...this is an english language website and urbane pretentions are frowned upon...an' I can speak french too: 'ou est le gare du nord?...'

We've had our knuckles rapped before for this sort of thing. English is the only acceptable language on this forum

kenwhitameenanatjimmy?

Unless you want your knuckles wrapped for a square go with the mods...

SC

in P&P Elizabeth scorned Darcy's wealth (he owned 'half of Derbyshire') until she was convinced that his love was true and she had every reason to believe that it was not...then, he repaired to her lodgings in Bakewell (cute place, I been there meself, nice baked tarts and cream teas, drove up in me 1985 Skoda from Derby) during her inadvertent tour of his estate to mutely declare his love and she, being a prescient woman, finally understood...and, then happily forever after...

bah! I want violence, retribution and enduring hatred...madness and grand estates burning to the ground...otherwise, P&P is very entertaining...the Bronte sisters were a few years later...

Then you need..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khun_Chang_Khun_Phaen

Tell me....in which country in the world, do women not go angling for wealthy men?

Yeah, and I'm getting bored to death with the 'Western women are all as greedy as Thai bar tarts'. If I had 100 baht for every time I've heard 'My wife back 'ome took me for everthin' I 'ad', whilst his new Thai tee ruk smiles simperingly on plotting to divest her latest ATM of everything he has left.