What Is The Best Topic Or Post You Have Seen On Thaivisa.

theblether

What I found amazing in the Thai Village thread is that to the last page (and I admit in the sort time I had I only read the first and last pages) it was still going strong and hadn't imploded into a heap self feeding cynicsm or personal duels.

thebleather ... you might be onto to something here.

I've started a special bookmark for these gems

thebleather? do you mind!! it's theblether!!

I must say though, there have been three excellent threads recommended already, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

The trolley one is hysterical, the other two are fascinating.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do......what I found intriguing was the input from some of the members such as cdnvic and Old Croc. That thread is 5 years old and it's good to see what some current members were thinking at the time.

Rereading our own words can be just as intriguing, a few years down the path. I have recently been reading and editing my early work on my blog to weed out the more glaring errors. Self editing is not the easiest thing as one tends to fill in the gaps and overlook mistakes. I sometimes strain to remember what moved me to write what I did at the time but I try to leave it the way it is, as a record of the path trod and a measuring stick for growth and maturity.
  • Like 1

On a contrary note, are you chaps like Edith Piaf (non, je ne regrette rien)

(Oops - the lingua franca police will be on to me for a bit of franca lingua there...)

or do you ever err, in haste, and post in a thread that you later regret getting involved in?

One that just refuses to sink to the bottom of your recent posts, and that continues for days or weeks to surprise you with the depths of inane idiocy or prejudiced spleen to which your fellow posters can delve?

SC

Eh, yes.......I do have that sense of dread every time I post a new topic too, but hey!! that's life on the edge!!

How do you think the bloke that started the "Live rugby league..." thread feels?

• Like 1

(Oops - the lingua franca police will be on to me for a bit of franca lingua there...)

or do you ever err, in haste, and post in a thread that you later regret getting involved in?

One that just refuses to sink to the bottom of your recent posts, and that continues for days or weeks to surprise you with the depths of inane idiocy or prejudiced spleen to which your fellow posters can delve?

Those painful posts are often the most enlightening. They shine a light into the dark recesses of our being, offering up the opportunity to grow as a person.

The best recent thread is the theft of excrement vacuum truck.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

God gave man a penis and a brain, unfortunately, did not give sufficient blood supply to run both at the same time.

SC

Eh, yes.......I do have that sense of dread every time I post a new topic too, but hey!! that's life on the edge!!

How do you think the bloke that started the "Live rugby league..." thread feels?

Lonely?????

• Like 1

The best recent thread is the theft of excrement vacuum truck.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

God gave man a penis and a brain, unfortunately, did not give sufficient blood supply to run both at the same time.

here's the link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/535825-excrement-vacuum-truck-of-pheu-thai-mps-relative-stolen/page__p__5081696__hl__theft%20of%20excrement%20vacuum%20truck__fromsearch__1#entry5081696

Is there any way of finding out which threads attracted the most posts? They must have a good claim to be the "best" topic (whatever you mean by "best").

I saw a figure recently that the Tsunami threads were the busiest ever ( naturally ). I think I'm aiming at the amusing and informative rather than the bad news stories.

Is there any way of finding out which threads attracted the most posts? They must have a good claim to be the "best" topic (whatever you mean by "best").

There is a blue bar just below General topics where you can sort by start date, most replies, most viewed and custom. It is easy.

I used that function in the Isaan forum to find the link to the macb topic. It seems to only work in the individual forums and not on the new content page.

Edited by villagefarang

I am one of the happy readers of macb’s topic Do You Live In A Thai Village Full Time. Another old topic that should be shown the light of day from time to time, in my opinion.

He may well go down in TV infamy for uttering the best ever line on TV'

"I only wanted to rescue her".

The rest is predictable.

How much was he taken for?

Anything by Tod Daniels is worth a read.

Edited by rgs2001uk

I saw a figure recently that the Tsunami threads were the busiest ever ( naturally ). I think I'm aiming at the amusing and informative rather than the bad news stories.

the one about the tv series,about the tourist police in pattay,about 2000 hits,.

the one about the tv series,about the tourist police in pattay,about 2000 hits,.

Here is the link to the Big Trouble in Thailand thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/291222-big-trouble-in-tourist-thailand/

I've been trying to find the one where an ex-pat gets asked for money to buy a horse for grandma but can't find it.

This one had a few chuckles in it, and more than a couple of bannings.

http://www.thaivisa....sick-cow-story/

Another excellent topic......your "I can't believe it's not better" line was hysterical. biggrin.png

Thanks, there were quite a few comments in that one that were definite coffee spitters. Wish I could find the one about the horse though.

There is a blue bar just below General topics where you can sort by start date, most replies, most viewed and custom. It is easy.

I used that function in the Isaan forum to find the link to the macb topic. It seems to only work in the individual forums and not on the new content page.

Thanks. Egg on my face as usual. I wish I hadn't checked it.... sex, prostitution.... oh dear.

Yes, Theblether has the right idea.

I felt so concerned about the chap that started the Live Rugby League thread that I checked up to see if he was scarred for life. Anyway, you'll be pleased to hear he has not lost the courage to post new topics. But while I was about it, I came across this candidate for best thread, which I reckon ought to make it into the top 90%

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/469896-toes-before-blows/

SC

• Like 1

Well, there was the one of the poor Welsh guy that got bit by a scorpion in a shed he'd been locked in for weeks or months. That one was pretty funny till he died. Not so funny now

The saddest one I recall was about Aum, the Burmese prostitute who'd found her farang, only to discover later she had AIDS.

Many have complained about this forum that there are too many people that whine but most other thai forums is more like "Excuse me sir , have you seen my beach ball?" and I can´t frikking stand that, here people express they way they want and yes sometimes the MOD doesn´t like us but that´s the beauty of a "whining" forum, we have then accomplished pissing someone off. :P

Well, there was the one of the poor Welsh guy that got bit by a scorpion in a shed he'd been locked in for weeks or months. That one was pretty funny till he died. Not so funny now

The saddest one I recall was about Aum, the Burmese prostitute who'd found her farang, only to discover later she had AIDS.

The first one would be interesting to read to see how it develops, and the second one would seem to be very poignant......do you have links?

I've found the first one re the poor Welshman that was held hostage.......possibly a salutary lesson to many. I can't locate the one re Aum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/123331-south-wales-mans-thai-kidnap-ordeal/page__hl__scorpion__st__150

I felt so concerned about the chap that started the Live Rugby League thread that I checked up to see if he was scarred for life. Anyway, you'll be pleased to hear he has not lost the courage to post new topics. But while I was about it, I came across this candidate for best thread, which I reckon ought to make it into the top 90%

http://www.thaivisa....s-before-blows/

SC

I actually had to search this 'Live Rugby League' thread out.

The poor ole' OP ... he must be soooooooooo lonely now.

No replies to this tread ... it was almost like he was talking to himself.

Remember, insanity is only a minority of one ... if you can get someone else to agree with you ... your not nuts!

Note to self .. must remember to catch up with SC when in Bangkok and watch a game of footie with him ... proper footie that is ... not that round ball rubbish.

p.s. ... the Aussie NRL season starts this Thursday night with the opening game between StGeorge and Newcastle ... Wayne Bennets old club vs. his new club this season.

http://www.thaivisa....s-before-blows/

SC

I actually had to search this 'Live Rugby League' thread out.

The poor ole' OP ... he must be soooooooooo lonely now.

No replies to this tread ... it was almost like he was talking to himself.

Remember, insanity is only a minority of one ... if you can get someone else to agree with you ... your not nuts!

Note to self .. must remember to catch up with SC when in Bangkok and watch a game of footie with him ... proper footie that is ... not that round ball rubbish.

p.s. ... the Aussie NRL season starts this Thursday night with the opening game between StGeorge and Newcastle ... Wayne Bennets old club vs. his new club this season.

If it wasn't for the chance to read over that thread to cheer myself up from time to time, I don't know how I would have coped with Scotland's form this last little while... I think Smokie was so distressed he's gone to live on an island, like Napoleon, or Chiang Kai Shek.

SC