What Is The Best Topic Or Post You Have Seen On Thaivisa.

theblether

you cant say much on this site hence you dont get the funny topics...

If by 'you can't say much' is defined as you can't make abusive personal slurs about individuals and try to pass it off as humour is concerned, and have threats made when the personal slurs go to far..... well done.... if that is the sort or entertainment you crave, I know just the place for you.

If however you want to be a free thinking individual with an open mind that doesn't need to resort to using profanities to prop up your lacking intellect.... pull up a chair.

Your one-liners are the best Thaddeus. Cheers.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo is working and has a full time job with a very active toddler little boy as well, Bambi is in school and doing very well, great to see her go from strength to strength wink.png

had to edit as it just hit me, he's not really a toddler anymore sad.png

Reminds me...yesterday I was present when a wee lassie was born...what a racket she made!

Then she went quiet and had a look around..only to see half a dozen faces peering at her.....the look of surprise on her face was priceless...smile.png

A character - The Dude.

Many didn't like his style, but if he brought his shovel and dug you, you had made it!

http://www.thaivisa....post__p__535070

The thread this post came from is also worth a read. Many long gone characters posted on it.

Wow . . that thread brought back to life many posters who used to be part of the daily TV routine - not just The Dude but also Neeranam, BambinA, Boo, meemiathai etc.

The place is less interesting without them.

Boo is working and has a full time job with a very active toddler little boy as well, Bambi is in school and doing very well, great to see her go from strength to strength wink.png

Is Bambi still in the Netherlands?

If by 'you can't say much' is defined as you can't make abusive personal slurs about individuals and try to pass it off as humour is concerned, and have threats made when the personal slurs go to far.....

You're not a mod till you've received your first death threat ph34r.png

If by 'you can't say much' is defined as you can't make abusive personal slurs about individuals and try to pass it off as humour is concerned, and have threats made when the personal slurs go to far.....

You're not a mod till you've received your first death threat ph34r.png

Yikes! ohmy.png

It is not possible to look back that far for someone's old posts on the forum any more - which is good for me as some of the stuff that I posted back then was so embarrasing. Tutsiwarrior's post was very tender and personal - about a relationship - and I was not the only one who praised it at the time.

Thanks UG, I will trawl through some early topics later today. I noticed that both yourself and Tutsiwarrior joined in '03. Yourselves and many others will have lived through the Tsunami and the aftermath. I remember sitting at home watching Sky News when the first mention of a possible tsunami came in. It was one of those little ten second bursts of news that you get that then develop on from there.....

Here is the link to the news topic posted by George, you can see his first post was very truncated, then the news develops dramatically.

http://www.thaivisa....ge__hl__tsunami

yeah...it was wild west back in the early days of the forum, I remember once when Boon Mee and his pal (can't remember his name, an even more vitriolic right winger) got into it about Israel and the palestinians and people were banned and suspended as things got outta hand...the forum rules got tightened up more afterward and a separate sub forum was created dedicated to political 'discussions'...

the post about the relationship, I believe was about my wife and when we started out together living in Abu Dhabi in 2000 and she got seriously ill with gastritis and I was supposed to protect her and was helpless and despairing with her in the hospital...Boon Mee and his pal complemented me for 'being a man' and a truce was declared...it was just a story that I wanted to share about a thai lady and her new falang husband living together abroad...

thanks to UG for mentioning it...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

[

Sit down, grab a drink and I'll tell you about the times when huge beasts roamed the tranquil beaches of Pattaya . . .

The huge beasts still haunt the beaches of Pattaya. They are all layed out like basking buffalo, but out of fear of being suspended I won't post pictures of them.

Aaaah, have a 'like' . . . I was waiting for someone to point out the presence of overseized Brits, Scandis, Germans etc . . .

deep fried farang. Tgf laughs

It is not possible to look back that far for someone's old posts on the forum any more - which is good for me as some of the stuff that I posted back then was so embarrasing. Tutsiwarrior's post was very tender and personal - about a relationship - and I was not the only one who praised it at the time.

Thanks UG, I will trawl through some early topics later today. I noticed that both yourself and Tutsiwarrior joined in '03. Yourselves and many others will have lived through the Tsunami and the aftermath. I remember sitting at home watching Sky News when the first mention of a possible tsunami came in. It was one of those little ten second bursts of news that you get that then develop on from there.....

Here is the link to the news topic posted by George, you can see his first post was very truncated, then the news develops dramatically.

yeah...it was wild west back in the early days of the forum, I remember once when Boon Mee and his pal (can't remember his name, an even more vitriolic right winger) got into it about Israel and the palestinians and people were banned and suspended as things got outta hand...the forum rules got tightened up more afterward and a separate sub forum was created dedicated to political 'discussions'...

the post about the relationship, I believe was about my wife and when we started out together living in Abu Dhabi in 2000 and she got seriously ill with gastritis and I was supposed to protect her and was helpless and despairing with her in the hospital...Boon Mee and his pal complemented me for 'being a man' and a truce was declared...it was just a story that I wanted to share about a thai lady and her new falang husband living together abroad...

I think sometimes the we overlook the task of taking responsibility for our Thai ladies overseas. What we picture in our minds and the reality are two different things altogether.

I could imagine the despair that your wife felt and endured, to be stuck in a hospital in a strange country thousands of miles from home, and the absolute despair you felt about being so helpless.

There are too many people who forget in their rush to condemn relationships in Thailand that at the root of any serious relationships is boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, boy looks after girl. When a boy feels helpless to look after his girl it doesn't matter which country either of you are from You sit there, look at your lady, and despair. I've felt that despair before too.

You've given me an idea for a new topic......I'll go start it now.

I think sometimes the we overlook the task of taking responsibility for our Thai ladies overseas. What we picture in our minds and the reality are two different things altogether.

I could imagine the despair that your wife felt and endured, to be stuck in a hospital in a strange country thousands of miles from home, and the absolute despair you felt about being so helpless.

There are too many people who forget in their rush to condemn relationships in Thailand that at the root of any serious relationships is boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, boy looks after girl. When a boy feels helpless to look after his girl it doesn't matter which country either of you are from You sit there, look at your lady, and despair. I've felt that despair before too.

You've given me an idea for a new topic......I'll go start it now.

Point me to your new topic please. Tnx

Reminds me...yesterday I was present when a wee lassie was born...what a racket she made!

Then she went quiet and had a look around..only to see half a dozen faces peering at her.....the look of surprise on her face was priceless...smile.png

Congratulations on the new addition Smokie, was it a great great Granddaughter?

The poor wee thing probably caught sight of your "interesting face" and thought " Oh no, Can I go back in?? " tongue.png

at the root of any serious relationships is boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, boy looks after girl.

. . . and in a Thai context:

Octogenarian meets teen, octogenarian believes he is hansum and falls in love with the girl, octogenarian looks after girl, her seven children from previous relationships, her Thai husband, her parents, two buffaloes and seven alcoholic, gambling brothers and their children - - all with his old-age pension.

(Sorry to have bastardised your post wai.gif )

Edited by Sing_Sling

the post about the relationship, I believe was about my wife and when we started out together living in Abu Dhabi in 2000 and she got seriously ill with gastritis and I was supposed to protect her and was helpless and despairing with her in the hospital

That is the one. You really shared your soul with that one. wai.gif

the post about the relationship, I believe was about my wife and when we started out together living in Abu Dhabi in 2000 and she got seriously ill with gastritis and I was supposed to protect her and was helpless and despairing with her in the hospital

That is the one. You really shared your soul with that one. wai.gif

Respect. Tnx

at the root of any serious relationships is boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, boy looks after girl.

Octogenarian meets teen, octogenarian believes he is hansum and falls in love with the girl, octogenarian looks after girl, her seven children from previous relationships, her Thai husband, her parents, two buffaloes and seven alcoholic, gambling brothers and their children - - all with his old-age pension.

Too cynical.

No respect.

Just had my knuckles rapped by admin. Sorry about that. No brackets required.

You live in Thailand you play by the rules. Thai family rules.

Well, there was the one of the poor Welsh guy that got bit by a scorpion in a shed he'd been locked in for weeks or months. That one was pretty funny till he died. Not so funny now

The saddest one I recall was about Aum, the Burmese prostitute who'd found her farang, only to discover later she had AIDS.

I remember that Lan, early in my years on TV, I remember being quite moved by it, followed on other forums as well.

Well, there was the one of the poor Welsh guy that got bit by a scorpion in a shed he'd been locked in for weeks or months. That one was pretty funny till he died. Not so funny now

The saddest one I recall was about Aum, the Burmese prostitute who'd found her farang, only to discover later she had AIDS.

I remember that Lan, early in my years on TV, I remember being quite moved by it, followed on other forums as well.

LOS?

Land of Smiles.

If it is as simple as farang money improves lives, I'll play it by the rules.

No disrespect to the Welshman or Burmese woman.

Happy happy happy.

I will always remember Weho. So many posts. Standouts like the conflict at the Japanese chain restaurant. And not to forget the Penang Muffin Thieves. A rich vein of entertainment. I bow before you in awe ... Weho.jap.gif

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__1424267

That as a good one. Closed after only one day. I'll have to read some more of 'Weho'.

When you look back there seems to be a lot more blog type posts, very interesting

• Like 1

I will always remember Weho. So many posts. Standouts like the conflict at the Japanese chain restaurant. And not to forget the Penang Muffin Thieves. A rich vein of entertainment. I bow before you in awe ... Weho.jap.gif

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__1424267

That as a good one. Closed after only one day. I'll have to read some more of 'Weho'.

When you look back there seems to be a lot more blog type posts, very interesting

There does, doesn't there? Maybe all the blogger types have their own blogsites now?

In that case everyone wins. The octogenarian gets something he wouldn't have otherwise and he helps a whole family in the process, and everyone ends up happy. When you get close to the end you can't take your cash and possessions with you when you finally expire. The best way is to spend you last dollar an hour before the doctors pronounce you ready for the oven.

In that case everyone wins. The octogenarian gets something he wouldn't have otherwise and he helps a whole family in the process, and everyone ends up happy. When you get close to the end you can't take your cash and possessions with you when you finally expire. The best way is to spend you last dollar an hour before the doctors pronounce you ready for the oven.

In a gogobar in Pattaya.