What Is The Best Topic Or Post You Have Seen On Thaivisa.

theblether

I will always remember Weho. So many posts. Standouts like the conflict at the Japanese chain restaurant. And not to forget the Penang Muffin Thieves. A rich vein of entertainment. I bow before you in awe ... Weho.jap.gif

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__1424267

That as a good one. Closed after only one day. I'll have to read some more of 'Weho'.

When you look back there seems to be a lot more blog type posts, very interesting

There does, doesn't there? Maybe all the blogger types have their own blogsites now?

Could be, villagefarang has an excellent blog, Mobi has a quite compelling blog, and ianforbes is a master of pictorial storytelling. Who else would you recommend from the past or present for their blogging skills?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . . and in a Thai context:

Octogenarian meets teen, octogenarian believes he is hansum and falls in love with the girl, octogenarian looks after girl, her seven children from previous relationships, her Thai husband, her parents, two buffaloes and seven alcoholic, gambling brothers and their children - - all with his old-age pension.

In that case everyone wins. The octogenarian gets something he wouldn't have otherwise and he helps a whole family in the process, and everyone ends up happy. When you get close to the end you can't take your cash and possessions with you when you finally expire. The best way is to spend you last dollar an hour before the doctors pronounce you ready for the oven.

You seem to have a lot of faith in doctors...

quoted from "The Death of Mary Queen of Scots", Monty Python

"Ah think she's deed"

"No Ah'm no'"

Scuffles

"Ah think she's deed"

Silence.

That's why they put a bell in the coffin....

SC

I've never had a satisfactory answer as to what happened to Emperor Tud.

Ahh the guid auld days....mind you 1986 was their finest moment! laugh.png

Edit: I have a mystery second nick on here from back then...its such a secret even I can't remember what it is...whistling.gif

That's my story an' I'm sticking to it.....

Edited by smokie36

• 3 months later...

A character - The Dude.

Many didn't like his style, but if he brought his shovel and dug you, you had made it!

http://www.thaivisa....post__p__535070

The thread this post came from is also worth a read. Many long gone characters posted on it.

Wow . . that thread brought back to life many posters who used to be part of the daily TV routine - not just The Dude but also Neeranam, BambinA, Boo, meemiathai etc.

The place is less interesting without them.

Boo is working and has a full time job with a very active toddler little boy as well, Bambi is in school and doing very well, great to see her go from strength to strength wink.png

had to edit as it just hit me, he's not really a toddler anymore sad.png

Is Bambi still in the Netherlands?

sorry to dig up the topic. Bambi is now in the NL for her PhD. She went to Cambridge sometimes for her experiments. Anyway, she misses TV friends. She is now back

xo

• Like 1

There was a thread where the guy said he bought a hot dog/sausage at a 7/11, and after cutting it up, the cashier stole a piece of it.

Hardly anyone realized it was just put on.

Really funny, anyone remember that?