15 Billion Bath To Pattaya?

guzzi850m2

There is an interesting article in a English Thailand newspaper which name I am not allowed to mention here.

But basically Pattaya City hall (the major) is applying for the money for different projects covering environmental, roads, utilities & tourist attractions and so on.

However in same article, the police chief says the crime rate must be lowered further, you can only put so much lipstick on a pig, its still a pig.

He mention that the crime rate is falling slowly: 45 murders in 2010 and 29 in 2011. Foreign criminals here was also a problem with both active & and in hiding ones.

This is a strong indicator to me that powerful people here are trying hard to change the City's image from a big "red light" district to something else, which

most of us living here have noticed is starting already.

I personally welcome the changes, I have a family here, so I am not really interested in bar girls, well I look off course but keep you know what in my pants, he-he.

I also think now that many BKK Thais are buying a second home here, they are helping putting pressure on officials to change the face of Pattaya.

All in all I am looking forward to see how Pattaya looks in 10 years time, as I am pretty sure I will still be here unless I died unexpectedly.

Okay Pattaya haters the word is yours.