Norwegian Man Confesses To 'Accidentally Killing' Phuket Girlfriend

webfact

Gaucho said

in his home country he has an extended violent criminal history ..

Is this true? What proof/further details do you have? He was a police volunteer and a background criminal check is supposed to be performed on all volunteers. If he had a criminal record in his home country, and this fact was not discovered by the police check - then clearly that police check has failed - if indeed, it was performed in the first place.

Simon

• Like 2

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gaucho said

Is this true? What proof/further details do you have? He was a police volunteer and a background criminal check is supposed to be performed on all volunteers. If he had a criminal record in his home country, and this fact was not discovered by the police check - then clearly that police check has failed - if indeed, it was performed in the first place.

Simon

I take it you have never been to Thailand?

Gaucho said

Simon

To avoid problems with access to the forum I cannot elaborate too much, but two highly publicized individuals in Pattaya has criminal backgrounds in the home-countries and they both have ties to the police in the city, and has or have had positions with the volunteer force.

The background check seems spotty at best.

Gaucho said

Simon

To avoid problems with access to the forum I cannot elaborate too much, but two highly publicized individuals in Pattaya has criminal backgrounds in the home-countries and they both have ties to the police in the city, and has or have had positions with the volunteer force.

The background check seems spotty at best.

Judging by what we've learned about this POS somehow I'm not surprsied.

Gaucho said

Simon

I seem to recall Simon stating in some of his posts that he used to be a police volunteer. Apologies if I am mistaken.

• Like 2

Gaucho said

Simon

I seem to recall Simon stating in some of his posts that he used to be a police volunteer. Apologies if I am mistaken.

Yes, Simon is well known in this forum and was a police volunteer and I suspect knows KBB. Many of us have kept homes in Phuket and know each other. This whole situation is unfortunate, as I dont' think any of us would ever suspect one another as a Jeffrey Dahmer type killer. This is the way it works. Someone you know and trust is a Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc...

Gaucho said

Simon

It seems that this was addressed by Crobiker previously in which he stated that he was a highway patrol big bike volunteer which apparently has much lower standards for volunteering.. Maybe Crobiker can weigh in again?

I'm going to delete some posts with personal off-topic bickering between members. I suggest that those members take this strongly as a hint that they should take their bickering to PMs and/or else ignore each other. If it resumes here all involved persons will get a posting holiday.

• Like 1

At least he now gives a reason why he left the body and didn't attempt to remove it.

“I love her very much,” said Dokset, his cheeks wet with tears. “But from the day I covered her with a plastic bag, I blocked her from my memory. I pretended it had never happened.

“I had no plan to keep her body or {plan} to dump it,” he said vaguely.

Obviously no Dexter...

Yes, I was a police volunteer for a total of 6 years (in Phuket, BKK and Pattaya). I do not know KBB, apart from as a poster on this forum

My post about the police background check was totally 'tongue-in-cheek'. I already hold my own opinion in this matter

Simon

Also...

he stated that he was a highway patrol big bike volunteer which apparently has much lower standards for volunteering

Now that is seriously worrying!

Edited by simon43

Yes, I was a police volunteer for a total of 6 years (in Phuket, BKK and Pattaya). I do not know KBB, apart from as a poster on this forum

My post about the police background check was totally 'tongue-in-cheek'. I already hold my own opinion in this matter

Simon

Also...

he stated that he was a highway patrol big bike volunteer which apparently has much lower standards for volunteering

Now that is seriously worrying!

I am a T.P. Volunteer and nothing was asked of me. coffee1.gif

I find it hard to believe he stayed there. Why not move to another country or at least somewhere else in LOS??

Rationally it seems logical he would have done a runner. But the guy has admitted to killing someone (accidentally he says) and storing the body in a bin within one of his bathrooms. That is hardly rational behaviour.

His income was from the rents on the properties. If he did a runner, he would not only lose them, but, the body would eventually be found and he would be a hunted fugitive.

As he was a Police volunteer he must have known the Law (at least a bit ) and that is the Police in Thailand cannot charge you with murder until they have the body of the victim.,even if they know you are involved they can t to anything, until the found the body.

So why did he keep her in her Bathroom and if he really had access to a Boat not just dumped the garbage bin with a layer of cement somewhere in the Andaman See and noone would have ever found her and his life just would have gone on as usual, it s good that they cought him but hey is this guy a Necromaniac or just complete Stupid or what.

^

Please read post #696 on why he didn't dump the body.

hmmm he got rid of the top half of the poor girl, wonder why he kept the lower part.

Edited by waza

^

hmmm he got rid of the top half of the poor girl, wonder why he kept the lower part.

He did not. The body was found to be complete very early in the whole story, even before he confessed, after the corpse was sent to Surat Thani for examination. That the upper part of the body was missing was just something a police officer must have thought and blurted out to the press. I am not going to look for the related news report. Maybe it would be a good thing to read all the articles on Phuket Gazette,XXXXXX and Phuket News in chronological order, before bringing some people almost back to square one again by posting outdated suspicions.

Edited by Rooo
Removed reference to news source

^

He did not. The body was found to be complete very early in the whole story, even before he confessed, after the corpse was sent to Surat Thani for examination. That the upper part of the body was missing was just something a police officer must have thought and blurted out to the press. I am not going to look for the related news report. Maybe it would be a good thing to read all the articles on Phuket Gazette,XXXXXX and Phuket News in chronological order, before bringing some people almost back to square one again by posting outdated suspicions.

Maybe you should read all relevant info yourself...here are just a few news reports from day ONE!!;

At the bottom of the bin, inside what remained of a plastic bag, there appeared to be between two and four kilos of waste matter. The outline of a bone joint appeared to be visible.

This afternoon the results came back as positively human remains.

After officers discovered the plastic bin in the basement and opened its contents, a shocking smell filled the room. Police believe decomposed human remains may be in the remnants of a plastic bag in the green council wheelie rubbish bin.

Colonel Atip Tannin, of the Bangkok-based Crime Suppression Division, led the raid. ''The remains have been sent already to facilities at Surat Thani where their DNA will be determined,'' he said.

Inside the bin police found pieces of flesh and a hip bone they believed were human. The flesh was so decayed that police could not learn any more from their gruesome discovery.

Also..after 2-3 years how can a complete body even be possible, if not frozen or mummified??

Edited by maipompui

^

Maybe you should read all relevant info yourself...here are just a few news reports from day ONE!!;

At the bottom of the bin, inside what remained of a plastic bag, there appeared to be between two and four kilos of waste matter. The outline of a bone joint appeared to be visible.

This afternoon the results came back as positively human remains.

After officers discovered the plastic bin in the basement and opened its contents, a shocking smell filled the room. Police believe decomposed human remains may be in the remnants of a plastic bag in the green council wheelie rubbish bin.

Colonel Atip Tannin, of the Bangkok-based Crime Suppression Division, led the raid. ''The remains have been sent already to facilities at Surat Thani where their DNA will be determined,'' he said.

Inside the bin police found pieces of flesh and a hip bone they believed were human. The flesh was so decayed that police could not learn any more from their gruesome discovery.

Also..after 2-3 years how can a complete body even be possible, if not frozen or mummified??

And here is a news update:

"The Phuket News - Wednesday, 29th Feb 2012 04:49

Police forensic scientists, after studying rotted human remains found in a bathroom in a Norwegian expat's eight-bedroom villa in Kata, have concluded that the body is complete.

Earlier, police had said the remains, found in a garbage bag stuffed in a municipal trash bin locked inside one the home's eight bathrooms, comprised only the bottom half of a body."

please continue:

Dokset DNA results: Remains human, skull hit with heavy object

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-12531PmnFbrUmOpDLfoVWTaRbkwDijG.jpg

Preliminary forensics tests have confirmed that the decomposing body found at the home of Phuket expat Stein Dokset (main photo) were that of a human female, but have yet to confirm whether the body was of his ex-girlfriend Rungnapa Suktong (inset). Photos: Phuket Gazette

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....h-heavy-object/

//CLOSED//