Norwegian Man Confesses To 'Accidentally Killing' Phuket Girlfriend

webfact

Seems people don't read the reports.

Suicide? The guy has admitted to pushing her down the stairs. How many times must this be stated?

As for the Thai policeman she married after her relationship with the Norwegian, she had already left him, so, why would he file a missing person's report?

You might confess anything under certain police interrogation techniques. check 'human rights asia'. If indeed she left the thai policeman, then that is another motive for him to do her in, as to that is a loss of face for him.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KBB was wealthy with a bunch of properties as he never failed to remind the regular Phuket forum posters. I gather that all the properties were in the murdered woman's name. He can't sell these, or, borrow money against them. I would imagine that they will now belong to Ms Rungnapas children as the next of kin.

Why would the properties be in her name???

ummm i would hazard a guess and say that it might be because Falangs arent allowed to own land in Thailand....just a shot in the dark of course

You are right.

It appears that the land was in the woman`s name but as usual bought with the farang`s money.

Than it seems the woman decided to move on to pastures anew with full control of the assets in her name.

So the farang took matters into his own hands and bumped her off to protect his interests.

As the wise man says; when will they ever learn?

Why the heck did he keep her personal identity item plus the remains around for three years???????????? Why would any sane person do that?

Blood stains in the car after three years, what the? I rarely use my truck, sometimes not once in a month, but a good cleaning inside and out only costs a couple hundred baht. And if you were concerned about what he should have been concerned about, give the hidden areas some up close cleaning.

I understand many people with take the easy route and put real estate in there partners name, but to lazy to get rid of evidence? Guess some people never watch a single crime show.

Strange. You never hear the whole story and in catching criminals it's usually/often do to there own stupidity. Do he blow his chance to get away with it, or is it something completely different?

Something doesn't smell right(no pun).. I new woman moved in to the house but did not find the decomposing body parts? Never mind the id card.

This seems impossible, because if I know women then I know she would have gone through every cupboard, drawer and locked room in that house shortly after moving in.. But she never found anything?

Or did she?

Well I have read this through and I don't get the story and the facts are not clear.

As I understand it he lived with the girl for 6 years ending 3 years ago when she married a Thai policeman with whom she had a child. Between two and three years ago she goes missing but we don't know if just missing or still alive. Then her car is found with bloodstains in it after she stops payments - but we don't know how long ago. Maybe 18 months ago if it takes a few months for the car loan people to catch up with you. Thai police ex husband reports nothing even though he is in a privileged position to find out where she might be using police resources and he HAS got a baby with the girl. Girls parents make a report to the Phuket police who do nothing - they really are a useless lot at investigations it seems the more I read. Why do they do nothing? Then some lawyer in Bangkok gets involved because the family of the girl cannot bear the inaction and apathy of the police in Phuket. Somehow the DSI get wind of the fact the girls remains may be at the Norwegian guys house some 18 months to 30 months after she has disappeared. The Bangkok police come down and drag the Chalong police down to the house ( imagine the loss of face to the Thai police if the Bangkok police didn't even bother with the Chalong useless police who have done nothing it seems to investigate this) and presto there are some remains in a basement all together with her ID card and her gun.

And is it not disquieting to know the Chalong police obviously made zero attempt at investigating?

Is it not strange the Thai policeman she married did not even report her missing?

Is it not strange that a long time after her death her stuff is still all around the Norwegian's guys house?

Is it not strange only bits of her body have been found so long after - I mean if he was dispensing of the body bit by bit would it take all that time and at least would he not dump the other personal stuff of hers?

The Norwegian guy it seems had property with her which I suppose now goes to the Thai policeman as husband not the child necessarily!

The Norwegian guy says he knows nothing until after being interrogated and then says he accidentally pushed her and she fell.

Is it not strange that a little more Internet was shown in her car found with blood stains and where was the car found anyway?

If I were a betting man I would say this all revolves around the property in her name and I would want some serious questions asked of the Thai cop she was married too AS well as the price in Chalong who seem to be in the midst of so many dodgy events and scams and rarely seem to be doing much police investigative work.

Truly scary"

The car was found parked outside the Norwegian's house some time ago and returned to the owner. The family stated she always carried her Chanote titles with her in the car. They were missing. There were blood stains.

That should have been the time for a search of the house.

No mention has been made of the glock as a possible murder weapon. It would be a good reason to obliterate the body to hide evidence, rather than report an accidental fall.

^^

Indeed, that does seem like the most likely scenario.

How would killing her "protect his interests"?

He would at least have the possibility to keep collecting rent on the properties until she had been proven to be dead or missing long enough that they were signed over to her next of kin. He must of known that it was only a matter of time though....

Edited by madjbs

THAILAND, start giving the right to farang or anyone to buy houses and land in THEIR OWN NAME and not their girlfriends, which after they get what they want, they mostly ask the ripped-off farang to go f-himself...

It won't happen. Why not do

KBB was wealthy with a bunch of properties as he never failed to remind the regular Phuket forum posters. I gather that all the properties were in the murdered woman's name. He can't sell these, or, borrow money against them. I would imagine that they will now belong to Ms Rungnapas children as the next of kin.

Foreigners are not allowed to own LAND, they can own buildings though. If the Norwegian man had done the investment correctly, the land would be in the Thai woman's name and he would have leased the land from her and he would have owned the houses. Then if she wanted to sell the land she could, but he would be entitled to the money invested in the actual buildings.

Nonsense. Only a fool would give the title to property in a girlfriends name. Those who I know here who are involved in real property deals hold the title in a company.

Why the heck did he keep her personal identity item plus the remains around for three years???????????? Why would any sane person do that?

Blood stains in the car after three years, what the? I rarely use my truck, sometimes not once in a month, but a good cleaning inside and out only costs a couple hundred baht. And if you were concerned about what he should have been concerned about, give the hidden areas some up close cleaning.

I understand many people with take the easy route and put real estate in there partners name, but to lazy to get rid of evidence? Guess some people never watch a single crime show.

Strange. You never hear the whole story and in catching criminals it's usually/often do to there own stupidity. Do he blow his chance to get away with it, or is it something completely different?

Something doesn't smell right(no pun).. I new woman moved in to the house but did not find the decomposing body parts? Never mind the id card.

This seems impossible, because if I know women then I know she would have gone through every cupboard, drawer and locked room in that house shortly after moving in.. But she never found anything?

Or did she?

Well I have read this through and I don't get the story and the facts are not clear.

As I understand it he lived with the girl for 6 years ending 3 years ago when she married a Thai policeman with whom she had a child. Between two and three years ago she goes missing but we don't know if just missing or still alive. Then her car is found with bloodstains in it after she stops payments - but we don't know how long ago. Maybe 18 months ago if it takes a few months for the car loan people to catch up with you. Thai police ex husband reports nothing even though he is in a privileged position to find out where she might be using police resources and he HAS got a baby with the girl. Girls parents make a report to the Phuket police who do nothing - they really are a useless lot at investigations it seems the more I read. Why do they do nothing? Then some lawyer in Bangkok gets involved because the family of the girl cannot bear the inaction and apathy of the police in Phuket. Somehow the DSI get wind of the fact the girls remains may be at the Norwegian guys house some 18 months to 30 months after she has disappeared. The Bangkok police come down and drag the Chalong police down to the house ( imagine the loss of face to the Thai police if the Bangkok police didn't even bother with the Chalong useless police who have done nothing it seems to investigate this) and presto there are some remains in a basement all together with her ID card and her gun.

And is it not disquieting to know the Chalong police obviously made zero attempt at investigating?

Is it not strange the Thai policeman she married did not even report her missing?

Is it not strange that a long time after her death her stuff is still all around the Norwegian's guys house?

Is it not strange only bits of her body have been found so long after - I mean if he was dispensing of the body bit by bit would it take all that time and at least would he not dump the other personal stuff of hers?

The Norwegian guy it seems had property with her which I suppose now goes to the Thai policeman as husband not the child necessarily!

The Norwegian guy says he knows nothing until after being interrogated and then says he accidentally pushed her and she fell.

Is it not strange that a little more Internet was shown in her car found with blood stains and where was the car found anyway?

If I were a betting man I would say this all revolves around the property in her name and I would want some serious questions asked of the Thai cop she was married too AS well as the price in Chalong who seem to be in the midst of so many dodgy events and scams and rarely seem to be doing much police investigative work.

Truly scary"

The car was found parked outside the Norwegian's house some time ago and returned to the owner. The family stated she always carried her Chanote titles with her in the car. They were missing. There were blood stains.

That should have been the time for a search of the house.

No mention has been made of the glock as a possible murder weapon. It would be a good reason to obliterate the body to hide evidence, rather than report an accidental fall.

"The car was found parked outside the Norwegian's house some time ago and returned to the owner. The family stated she always carried her Chanote titles with her in the car. They were missing. There were blood stains."

Where does it say that?

A whole YEAR? How is that possible? How is it a police husband would not report her missing for a whole year? Unless he is guilty.

Or unless he did not know she was dead/missing and assumed she was staying with her mother or her new boyfriend just like she told him.

That is a bit of a leap. They have a child together. What would that say for a Thai husband and father that is missing a wife and mother of his child? Nobody reported her missing, not her police husband, not her blood relatives, no contact for a year. The husband is always the first suspect in any murder of a wife and it is the majority of the time the correct choice. And the bank would wait a year to repossess her car? I want that bank. She also has two other sons, 12 and 14 years old, old enough to wonder why they have not heard from her in a month, let alone a year. The problem with police confessions, regardless how they get them, is the guilty goes free and the innocent goes to jail for a crime that somebody else did, same thing with plea bargaining. This is not justice, this is just closing the case, justice be darned.

I was reading in a Phuket News channel, that she had also broken up with her Thai Policeman BF-Husband. So, it could be he thought he could not reach her or she not contacted him, because she was with her old BF or a new one and did not want contact with him.

What I read she gave the new child also to her parents to take care, together with the other two boys from a previous marriage.

Seems, she was not a so carrying mother, to busy and occupied to make money maybe, same many mothers in Thailand?

Edited by ALFREDO

"The car was found parked outside the Norwegian's house some time ago and returned to the owner. The family stated she always carried her Chanote titles with her in the car. They were missing. There were blood stains."

Where does it say that?

Somewhere in the reams of material on this thread, and press reports I've read in the past few days. Can't be bothered to go back over it all to find exactly where.

The theory on the gun is my own.

EDIT: Found out where it was. One of the earlier stories on the blog we can't mention here.

He reportedly told the relatives she had left the car there and gone off with someone in a pickup.

Edited by Old Croc

JFYI the BiB husband wasn't new either they had already been there and done that and then broken up...

"...they had already been there and done that and then broken up" This information is based on what?

The breaking up was mentioned in other Phuket based News agency and she gave her new child to her parents,

where her two other sons already lived.

Edited by ALFREDO

makes no sense that he admitted though. Why would he admit to murder when thai investigators are lazy and horrible and would never be able to prove it was him? He'd be stuck in detention for a year tops and released for lack of evidence.

There is something really fishy with all these murders accusation where they admits everything right off the bat. Doesn't happen elsewhere

You do have a point there ! , nobody in the west EVER confesses to a murder !, you are told by your lawyer that is the first thing you never do ...

quick one - Are you even given a lawyer here when arrested?

I also do not understand the quick confessions of the criminal suspects in Thailand, plus what is this reenactment crap.

A whole YEAR? How is that possible? How is it a police husband would not report her missing for a whole year? Unless he is guilty.

Or unless he did not know she was dead/missing and assumed she was staying with her mother or her new boyfriend just like she told him.

That is a bit of a leap. They have a child together. What would that say for a Thai husband and father that is missing a wife and mother of his child? Nobody reported her missing, not her police husband, not her blood relatives, no contact for a year. The husband is always the first suspect in any murder of a wife and it is the majority of the time the correct choice. And the bank would wait a year to repossess her car? I want that bank. She also has two other sons, 12 and 14 years old, old enough to wonder why they have not heard from her in a month, let alone a year. The problem with police confessions, regardless how they get them, is the guilty goes free and the innocent goes to jail for a crime that somebody else did, same thing with plea bargaining. This is not justice, this is just closing the case, justice be darned.

I was reading in a Phuket News channel, that she had also broken up with her Thai Policeman BF-Husband. So, it could be he thought he could not reach her or she not contacted him, because she was with her old BF or a new one and did not want contact with him.

What I read she gave the new child also to her parents to take care, together with the other two boys from a previous marriage.

Seems, she was not a so carrying mother, to busy and occupied to make money maybe, same many mothers in Thailand?

Quite the short marriage to the Thai policeman and even having a child in that short time. Did the Thai policeman lose face? A 9 year relationship with the Viking living with him 6 of those 9 years, no violence, marries the Thai policeman for a year or 2 and ends up missing and apparently dead should they actually be able to prove that is her body parts, that may be planted evidence long after the fact of the murder.

From poach, post #514

"exactly, imo he has most likely been framed."

From an earlier post:

"earth to poach, earth to poach!!!"

He confessed poach ! Are you saying he thought the frame job was soooo good he decided to say "ah yeah, I did it and let me do the re-enactment?"

Really, I've read a lot of nonsense in this thread but I think this takes the cake.

• Like 2

ummm i would hazard a guess and say that it might be because Falangs arent allowed to own land in Thailand....just a shot in the dark of course

You are right.

It appears that the land was in the woman`s name but as usual bought with the farang`s money.

Than it seems the woman decided to move on to pastures anew with full control of the assets in her name.

So the farang took matters into his own hands and bumped her off to protect his interests.

As the wise man says; when will they ever learn?

This might be the case or not. I have no idea. But I will say this. Anyone coming to this country buying land, building a house and putting it in his GF or wife's name is commiting a great risk of loosing it all down the road. I will probably get replies of all these perfect long term relationships and that is all well and good. You're lucky. I have been here for seventeen years and not one time done this. I have rented houses the entire time for an average of B10,000. You say foolish guy you have lost B2m for what. Not the way I see it. Sure I could have bought land and built a house and maybe in a few years the missus decides to kick me out. Everything is in her name. I would have lost more than seventeen years rent has cost me. Too risky for me.

To each his own.

I agree, better to rent than to own.

• Like 1

From poach, post #514

"exactly, imo he has most likely been framed."

From an earlier post:

"earth to poach, earth to poach!!!"

He confessed poach ! Are you saying he thought the frame job was soooo good he decided to say "ah yeah, I did it and let me do the re-enactment?"

Really, I've read a lot of nonsense in this thread but I think this takes the cake.

Yes, he's been back to the house and re-enacted his version of events. It turns out the chanotes were all in her name. Now we can all wait a month for the forensic report.

Meanwhile "poach" can continue to tell us all KBB was framed.

Exactly who is this new member who has only ever posted on this topic II wonder?

• Like 1

Those police officer look more like evil tuktuk drivers than anything else.

If kbb had been clever enough to fly back home a while ago, what kind of legal trouble would he be in? He'd be sent to that island where people are free to go back to the mainland to work everyday and they come back and get locked in comfy rooms only at night?

If i were to kill someone id just go to northenlands with those prison and ask to be tried there as other countries are inhumane. Boom. Amazing state-paid life on dreamy island.

From reading, it seems he sold everything back home, put it into property here, in the name of the g/f, then collected rent. As has been pointed out - he has no claim on those properties at all.

If he went back home - he would be broke.

If her body turned up here in Thailand - he would lose the properties to her heirs.

He was apparently in a jam with ony two alternatives:

1. Convince her to sell the properties and turn back the cash to him (good luck there)

2. Make her "disappear" - he can continue to collect the rent, and maybe find a way to realize some of his assets back given enough time.

Most of what we read fits with him trying point 1, and ending up with point 2.

This could have all been avoided if he had taken out a 30 year lease on each of his properties. Seems he wasn't half as clever as he thought he was.

Agree - never put property or assets in a Thais name that you are having a relationship with.

Better to put it in a lawyers name that you trust and lease it back for 30 years with the lease certified on the Chanote at the local land office.

This guy seems to have been all ego and no idea about what he was getting into. I bet all his Thai (police) pals have dropped him like a hot brick!

Dousing the GF remains in acid - he should have used Hydrofluoric acid (not battery acid as was mentioned).

"He CONFESSED to the police and the media followed through the reported accusations so no one here owes him a farking thing...

I am with you most of the way but have you noticed that it is the same tourist police volunteer who recently got a South African man to sign a confession to passing counterfeit $ bills. A confession written in Thai and the Chalong volunteer cant read Thai? In Phuket they have what the police call a 'Safe House' but it is safe only for the police... Story has too many holes and the fact that the BKK police once again had to do what could and should have been done by the Chalong police adds to the mystery!

You talking about the tourist cop in the pic a few pages back....leading him out unhandcuffed ??

I know him well.

Gary (Tourist Police volunteer) is from New Zealand and speak, read and write Thai perfectly.

Yes he does indeed speak indeed not just Thai but Isaan and Lao fluently but he can not read Thai!

• Like 1

"He CONFESSED to the police and the media followed through the reported accusations so no one here owes him a farking thing...

I am with you most of the way but have you noticed that it is the same tourist police volunteer who recently got a South African man to sign a confession to passing counterfeit $ bills. A confession written in Thai and the Chalong volunteer cant read Thai? In Phuket they have what the police call a 'Safe House' but it is safe only for the police... Story has too many holes and the fact that the BKK police once again had to do what could and should have been done by the Chalong police adds to the mystery!

You talking about the tourist cop in the pic a few pages back....leading him out unhandcuffed ??

I know him well.

Gary (Tourist Police volunteer) is from New Zealand and speak, read and write Thai perfectly.

Can dive pretty good also...and lose weight.

He told me he would never become a TVP....cos the thai cops would think he was a wanke_r same they thought of all the other TVP.....

Garry not only dives but he ducks too ....

Poor guy, invested in her name, had a unfortunate accident, and realised that her family would take control of his investments, what the hell could he do, while trying to find a way round his situation, time goes by and the truth is; if the family apear merciless , hes got no way out, and the body is better left to sleep, histerrible situation leads him to less than acceptable behaviour, doesn't help that he was already a somewhat shady character with lots of bad habits . . .

CSI Phuket...would make great viewing.

I think a great comedy sitcom...

Could be quite boring actually

"Shall we go investigate that suspicious hanging or go to a bar, drink free beer and fondle the girls?" "Both! It was clearly a suicide, let's go drink"

More than likely...That's a funny one...drunk.gif

Agree - never put property or assets in a Thais name that you are having a relationship with.

Better to put it in a lawyers name that you trust and lease it back for 30 years with the lease certified on the Chanote at the local land office.

Do you trust any lawyer least of all a Thai lawyer?

Point taken - If you want to own land here (apart from a few exceptions) its going to be in a Thai company or persons name. So a Thai legal company is possibly the safest option with a lease. But in the wifes name with a lease is worthless because it can be nulled by a court. It would seem in this case they went straight into the wifes name - the most risky option.

He often bragged about his knowledge of Thai law and his friendship with high ranking members of Phuket society seemed to feature in every third post. I would say he was arrogant and deluded enough to feel he was untouchable.

That's pure speculation of course.smile.png

It seems, that, in Phuket he was untouchable,

so the CSD Crime Suppression Division from Bangkok had to come and had the ==so difficult== assignment to check the house.giggle.gif

Do you trust any lawyer least of all a Thai lawyer?

Point taken - If you want to own land here (apart from a few exceptions) its going to be in a Thai company or persons name. So a Thai legal company is possibly the safest option with a lease. But in the wifes name with a lease is worthless because it can be nulled by a court. It would seem in this case they went straight into the wifes name - the most risky option.

Jeez.....people just don't seem to want to read the facts.

He was NEVER married to her. She was not his wife.

Putting land in a company name where the partners have not actually stumped up the money themselves is ILLEGAL.