Goodbye

Focus

Goodbye everyone,

I'm leaving this forum. From time to time, there is some good advice and some good dialogue. However, lately this forum has an overly negative slant to it, in my opinion, from disgruntled westerners who come to this part of the world with their own personal agendas and rigid value systems and base a lot of their opinions about the culture based on their experiences with bar-girls or alcohol oriented people. For example, I post a simple question about building a house or buying a ring for my wife and I just get negative feedback about how dishonest and dangerous the people are here.

Yeah, I know all that, but that wasn't my question.

Later,

Focus

• Like 2

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Focus - sorry to hear you didnt get straightforward answers to your questions

there are a lot of posters with experiences and information that they happily share. but you have to have some patience as there are equally large numbers who will post off topic replies.

the MOD team try as much as we can to discourage those off topic remarks, but with the volume we get on the forum this is not always possible. I do hope you will continue to use the forum and find a way to focus on the positive and relevant replies.

cheers

• Like 1

They say patience is a virtue, Some times we all climb the wall with our own personal problem and turn for help. Those who have been there understand and try and help but for those who haven't been there yet, then perhaps there's stuff you don't like to read but please hang in there. drunk.gif

sorry to hear ur leaving u dont always get the answers u want. when i joined the forum

i was a bit miffed with the comments but after a while i found some of them to be quite funny

now im addicted to Thai V, there is always an off button u can press.

The advice I gave you regarding building a house in Vientiane was honest and if I say so myself, quite helpful. If you choose not to take advice offered then don't. No need to throw your toys out of the pram. Just cherrypick what you consider to be good advice and laugh at the b*ll*cks....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/523843-house-builders-in-vientiane/

What's the point in announcing your departure from the forum? Seriously, there are some idiots on this site (myself included), but there is some good advice here. You just got to pick through it.

• Like 1

Focus - sorry to hear you didnt get straightforward answers to your questions

there are a lot of posters with experiences and information that they happily share. but you have to have some patience as there are equally large numbers who will post off topic replies.

the MOD team try as much as we can to discourage those off topic remarks, but with the volume we get on the forum this is not always possible. I do hope you will continue to use the forum and find a way to focus on the positive and relevant replies.

cheers

Gee I hope my response on this thread doesn't label me as one of those referred to earlier since I was first to respond on one of the duplicate posts very similar to your response but who would know that across 3 different subforums?

People who announce that they are leaving a forum are called "flouncers".

They seek attention and are secretly hoping that people will try and talk them out of it.

People who are serious about leaving just stop posting. End of.

Flouncers are to be despised.

Maybe despised is a bit strong?

I believe the OP is correct. The only topics with any amount of attention are the negative ones. Positive posts die a frequent death on thaivisa. I'm trying hard to be more negative rather than my former positive self in the past. I've been flamed many times and only reply with sensible answers. But, sensible answers are not wanted here. But, that's okay, I have a thick skin.

• Like 1

While I agree with the OP about nonsensical posts arriving as answers to his queries I also believe TV is over-modded as it is without deleting anything that isn't on-topic . . . heck, many posters wouldn't even appear anymore if staying on-topic were the criteria.

Why is it so difficult to either fob or or ignore the posts that you find unhelpful or insulting? Is there not an ignore function to blank out the ones that seem to be dickheads more often than not?

Walking away, aka flouncing, certainly isn't the way to do it

• Like 2

Don't mention the word 'hang' transam!!

I used to go to school with a guy like focus, he was the kind of guy whose mumny and daddy always made sure that always had the newest toy and best sports kit.

He couldn't play nice, and when he didn't win every game he would flounce off taking his cricket kit/football/spacehopper with him.

Even as ten year old boys we knew we were in the presence of first class flouncer.

Get over yourself focus, put your toys back in the pram and come back out to play.

We forgave you when you were ten and we'll forgive you again now.

However if you flouoce off again I promise I will tell your mommy on you.

I believe the OP is correct. The only topics with any amount of attention are the negative ones. Positive posts die a frequent death on thaivisa. I'm trying hard to be more negative rather than my former positive self in the past. I've been flamed many times and only reply with sensible answers. But, sensible answers are not wanted here. But, that's okay, I have a thick skin.

oh come on ian,im sure you brought some good karma to tv with your interesting posts,and photos.

oh come on ian,im sure you brought some good karma to tv with your interesting posts,and photos.

Ian is easily one of the best and most positive Thaivisa menbers and he was recognized as such in the Thaivisa poster of the year topic started by Smokie36.

He is not happy at being under scrutiny as he keeps getting into trouble with the mods, I believe mainly for posting facial pictures, which is against forum rules.

The problem now is that every other post made by Ian recently has had a referal to his problems within it.

Ian should just gn to admin and ask for clarity once and for all as to which photos he can post.

• Like 1

Burning bridges....and all that. I understand his point, but why does he have to start this thread. Anyway, it is probably the Thais that did it, or maybe they didn't because they are all lazy or maybe they did because they go out of their way to make our lives difficult....farang..hey you...etc

Goodbye whatever your name was....

I guess some people just proved your point. Bon voyage.

Tend to agree. There is an over-abundance of dick-heads who just want to make snide remarks and try to humiliate people. It has got a little better lately as the mods are getting tougher on troll-like posts.

God knows, I have had to fight fire with fire so many times before I can get some dick-heads to back off and it shouldn't be like that.

Shame really, as it spoils it for all the well meaning folk who want to contribute intelligently to the debates and to help and advise those in trouble.

I wish the OP good luck and hope he finds a more user friendly forum to ask his questions.

+1

Edited by arthurwait