One Month In Samui, Would Love Some Advices

Hello everyone!

I've been reading the forums in the past few days and trying to get a vibe of what life is like in Samui right now. There are lots of interesting posts and I look forward to keep reading more!

I'll be spending a month in Samui around May/June this year and I'll be traveling alone. I'm planning to stay in Lamai because I've been here twice 10 years ago and I loved the place. I wonder if it has changed much in 10 years? Is it still the quiet, beautiful place I fondly remember? :)

I don't drink or party and would prefer just chilling out by myself in a quiet place with easy access to the beach and town. I'm also on a tight budget and am thinking about spending around 10,000 baht on accommodation. Which area of Lamai would you recommend?

Also, if there's any areas that a lone traveler should avoid would you mind to please point them out to me? (By PM if posting in public is not allowed?) Your help is very much appreciated!

Thank you so much!

I wonder if it has changed much in 10 years? yes

Is it still the quiet, beautiful place I fondly remember? smile.png - no

Also, if there's any areas that a lone traveler should avoid would you mind to please point them out to me - Lamai

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. I did wonder whether I should stay at another part of the island this time, but I really missed the place and I wanted to come back and see it again... am open to suggestions / recommendations though :)

Birdman, I don't plan on doing much sight-seeing so won't be visiting the rocks, thanks!

Smokie36, I'll do some research on Maenam, thanks for the suggestion!

are you the good guy or the bad guy?

The good guy, I hope? Am I missing something here?

I have the feeling that we all are . . .

thinking-023.GIF

Agree with other replies - Mae Nam has the flavour today that Lamai used to have.

R

Edited by robsamui

i stay just out of lamai in the middle of hinta hinyi and ban hua thanon 5 min to lamai and 10 min to Nathon and even less to the beach up the road only 2 min on the bike they is a beach cross the road just needs a clear up,i have a couple of friend in mae nam and yes its nice and quiet and cheaper to stay there to, best to stay a couple of nights in a hotel and have a look around first before you jump in i would say.