Walking Street: 'Passion Of Colourful Paradise' -- Does It Work For You?

Jingthing

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Very funny topic intro.

And, for me, WS definitely works - particularly Baccara tongue.png and the Simon bar complex up by Insomnia burp.gif .

Didn't someone once say: "tired of Walking Street, tired of life" ?

Simon

I think whoever said that, hadn't had much of a life.

• Like 1

Very funny topic intro.

And, for me, WS definitely works - particularly Baccara tongue.png and the Simon bar complex up by Insomnia burp.gif .

Didn't someone once say: "tired of Walking Street, tired of life" ?

Simon

They should have used that as the motto instead.

Edited by PattayaParent

Guess this all depends on your status here. When I first came to Pattaya many years ago it was a great place. Now it is mostly filled with people I don't really care for however the color display is still somewhere that I take friends who are visiting me here for a night out and they all seem to be snapping away.

As a resident it doesn't catch me any more but as a tourist it might.

• Like 2

To expand a bit on the OP:

Passion Of Colourful Paradise

is actually what is set in metal on the Walking Street entrance sign at Beach Road/Pattaya Tai.

How did that happen?

And they've spelt colour correctly thumbsup.gif - bonus !

Anyone remember when Walking Street was touted as "Champs Elysees of Thailand"????

This was many years ago when they thought Walking Street needed "exposure" and they "tarted" it up by planting a few shrubs (all dead now) and commenced miscellaneous "beautification" projects. Well, we know how beautiful Walking Street is these days giggle.gif

• Like 1

Anyone remember when Walking Street was touted as "Champs Elysees of Thailand"????

This was many years ago when they thought Walking Street needed "exposure" and they "tarted" it up by planting a few shrubs (all dead now) and commenced miscellaneous "beautification" projects. Well, we know how beautiful Walking Street is these days giggle.gif

Beer goggles seem to make walking street much more beautiful. giggle.gif

Even after 23 years walking street is just the same ,rubbish tourist trap.

It's just a street full of Russian/Indian/Iranian gawkers and badly overpriced bars now. Really, I have no idea what so many are all there for other than to get in my way. I Hardly ever visit. I do like to go to Beer Garden at the front of WS though..

I have to admit that Walking Street does have its obvious charms and delights but there is nothing much you get there that you cannot get cheaper elsewhere in the town.

It is one of those attractions like a fairground where you can walk and look or you can take the ride if you like ;)

I find it calmer and far cheaper to go round some of the other areas that offer similar wares.

Walking street tends to be 'in your face' and not so pleasant. It often gets too crowded and it is difficult to simply saunter along and look at some of the delights on offer without being jostled.

I sometimes wish there were areas here like the Red Light District in Amsterdam where the ladies sit in the windows.

Well it's all about marketing, isn't it. Just like an "I'm loving it" campaign makes people eat Pink Slime.

I don't go to WS often these days as quite frankly I'm bored with it, but when I go there it is always packed, even in low season. And not just the street, the bars too. And try to get pricing for a horizontal dance in one of the dance establishments. The days of cheap entertainment have lone gone. I remember WS being very very quite and very very cheap in the low season some 15-20 years ago. Obviously business is good, regardless of what we think about it.