New Pcx 150

tekinsel

there may be some unscrupulous enterpreneurial dealers getting as much as they can get but there are others selling it for 78k

take your pick

its hot in demand so yes ,85 and even 90 or maybe 100k will be charged in shops where there is 20+ people waiting for one and the shop gets maybe 2-3 per week

a greedy old bastard businessman in a bike shop quoted me 160k for a cbr 250 once ,i bought one the next day 57,000thb cheaper :)

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PCX 150 prices inflated by dealers at 85,000, but is it ?

78.000 recommended but what is included if anything in that price

many people for the past year have been paying 81,000+ for the 125 PCX.. 2 years ago the 125 was 70,000....

People were paying another 6k or so for Insurance, Tax, paper to to be done for them.......... then the new colours arrived and prices went up a bit more.. people now appeared to get a Helmet and Jacket both with Honda on them.

So 85,000 with all included dose not appear to be over inflated prices

Some like to compare prices to the UK, the PCX in the UK cost on the road near to 130,000 in baht.. ,,

PCX 150 prices inflated by dealers at 85,000, but is it ? many people for the past year have been paying 81,000+ for the 125 PCX..

78.000 recommended but what is included, 2 years ago the 125 was 70,000....

the pcx 125 is/was 73,000 OTR in bkk if you can find any in stock

there is no need to pay more than the RRP if you are not in a frenzy to get one ,thats what creates price gouging in the first place

no doubt honda are making them as fast as possible and soon the price will drop to or near the RRP when the eager beavers already have one

I think the price I paid was fair. Sumetcycle stated they were selling in BKK for 85K. Normally the chatter is about the additional shipping charges to get a bike up country so to speak and the price gouging associated with this issue. So I was able to pick up a new model in Chiang Mai for 85.6K or 600 over the stated price in BKK and it included the 3 years theft insurance. Like I sails before, I was satisfied with the price paid.

The boss at NAT was an distinguished looking older lady. All in all very nice, sensible, professional and willing to make a deal on the spot with a little prodding.

When comparing the Yamaha Elegance 135 to the Honda PCX150 there are obvious differences. Luckily I will have an opportunity to figure out the differences easier than others.

post-97417-0-59696900-1331781847_thumb.j

^ sounds like you got a good deal. Which Honda dealer is that, e.g. where?

Some price gauging is normal considering supply and demand and rather than outright tell people they have to pay to play, dealers like to add additional items like helmets and insurance to make their additional profits. But theft insurance is probably a good idea anyway for a brand new PCX 150. Does the PCX have a safety key like a Vespa?

When comparing the Yamaha Elegance 135 to the Honda PCX150 there are obvious differences. Luckily I will have an opportunity to figure out the differences easier than others.

dont forget to compare the 85.600k price of one against the 52k price of the other with its sexy "wire wheels " ;)

or that one is 4 years old technology and the other was released Yesterday !

I've got three more coming in sometime next week. Unfortunately, they have all been reserved. I don't think I'll have more until next month. If you can wait I'll reserve one for you. What color are you interestred in getting. Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm hoping one of those reserved is mine. I will definitely take the red with black panels. I will PM you as well as I have a whole list of modifications that I would like doing before collecting. smile.png

Yes, it already has your name on it. I can't wait to start modding it for you. We'll also include a helmet, jacket, and one year of theft insurance in the sale price. Thanks again.

Brian

I haven't seen too much here on the specs other than what Honda put out in Thai. One number stood out...the fuel capacity on the PCX 125 is 6.2 liters. Don't know but I think I might have seen a smaller figure. I think I'll head to the local Naklua dealer and ask the female manager. She's a lot more knowledgeable than the average male saleman or manager at most dealers I've been to.

Aside from much of what I've said, with the new Nouvo FI Elegance about to be released range is much more critical than gas mileage. The Elegance with the carb will be the same mileage as the PCX but the PCX will substantially outrange it as its fuel tank is 6.2 liters to the Elegance's 4,8. This gap could easily be narrowed if the 150 PCX gets fewer kilometers down the road as the 125 model which his likely since there's 25 more cc's to feed. Now.....if I was reading a 5.5 liter or 5.8 capacity the 150 will not do nearly as well in the range department. For me both the PCX 125 and Elegance are wonderful bikes to cruise around on with the PCX edging the Yamaha out on the highway due to its fatter tires and greater weight while the Elegance is handier in town so it' s a tossup. Both are much more capable on the highway than Waves, Clicks, Mios, Finos. etc.

It is possible that the new Elegance will have increased fuel capacity on board ..We will have to see. although there's plenty of gas stations around, I feel a greater comfort level when I have the greater range of something like a 125 c.c. PCX.

I haven't seen too much here on the specs other than what Honda put out in Thai. One number stood out...the fuel capacity on the PCX 125 is 6.2 liters. Don't know but I think I might have seen a smaller figure. I think I'll head to the local Naklua dealer and ask the female manager. She's a lot more knowledgeable than the average male saleman or manager at most dealers I've been to.

Aside from much of what I've said, with the new Nouvo FI Elegance about to be released range is much more critical than gas mileage. The Elegance with the carb will be the same mileage as the PCX but the PCX will substantially outrange it as its fuel tank is 6.2 liters to the Elegance's 4,8. This gap could easily be narrowed if the 150 PCX gets fewer kilometers down the road as the 125 model which his likely since there's 25 more cc's to feed. Now.....if I was reading a 5.5 liter or 5.8 capacity the 150 will not do nearly as well in the range department. For me both the PCX 125 and Elegance are wonderful bikes to cruise around on with the PCX edging the Yamaha out on the highway due to its fatter tires and greater weight while the Elegance is handier in town so it' s a tossup. Both are much more capable on the highway than Waves, Clicks, Mios, Finos. etc.

It is possible that the new Elegance will have increased fuel capacity on board ..We will have to see. although there's plenty of gas stations around, I feel a greater comfort level when I have the greater range of something like a 125 c.c. PCX.

i think range is important also ,not because of a shortage of gas stations

just because id rather go to fil it up less often

wil be interesting to see what Yamaha can manage from the new elegance

The unwillingness to sell a unit for the sake of having a display model is comical when it comes to running a business (in my opinion).

Good observation!

I came across this sort of attitude many times here in Thailand, a fair number of local sellers, will make you feel as you are an annoyance to them from the very first moment you step inside their shop, interrupting whatever else they were doing (watching tv,chatting up on their phones, reading magazines, etc.).

This is not limited to "displays" items only, but to everything they have for sale, as their ultimate purpose doesn't seem to be to sell their products, but only to be there as to "appear" to be selling something, and they can get really frustrated by the idea of having to refill that empty space again, as that would involve some sort of "work" from their part, so it's just untinkable!

Some clever ones even resort to stop re-ordering items that were selling too quick, no jockes here! biggrin.png

PCX 150 prices inflated by dealers at 85,000, but is it ? many people for the past year have been paying 81,000+ for the 125 PCX..

78.000 recommended but what is included, 2 years ago the 125 was 70,000....

the pcx 125 is/was 73,000 OTR in bkk if you can find any in stock

there is no need to pay more than the RRP if you are not in a frenzy to get one ,thats what creates price gouging in the first place

no doubt honda are making them as fast as possible and soon the price will drop to or near the RRP when the eager beavers already have one

What you say is very logical but unfortunately, my experience is that the general business mindset of Thais are anything but! As I mentioned in another post, a dealer in Bkk wanted something like Bht 83k for the 125 back in January, knowing very well that a new model would be released in less than two months time. Anywhere else in the world, dealers would be dropping prices to clear old stock, not the other way round :)

Would be interesting to know what Sumet Cycle feels is the right price maybe?

We are selling them for 85k, but I'm guessing some dealers might have them as low as 80 and others as high as 90. Shop around and find the price and dealer that are right for you. We sold the first three we got yesterday within two hours of their arrival.

I'm currently out of the country, back this Friday night. If you have any in stock this weekend, I'll be interested, cash purchase.

I've got three more coming in sometime next week. Unfortunately, they have all been reserved. I don't think I'll have more until next month. If you can wait I'll reserve one for you. What color are you interestred in getting. Thanks.

Brian

Yes, would appreciate if you could reserve one for me. I'm interested in either the red or black. I'm travelling extensively over the next couple of months so can we continue via PM? Cheers.

What you say is very logical but unfortunately, my experience is that the general business mindset of Thais are anything but! As I mentioned in another post, a dealer in Bkk wanted something like Bht 83k for the 125 back in January, knowing very well that a new model would be released in less than two months time. Anywhere else in the world, dealers would be dropping prices to clear old stock, not the other way round smile.png

The PCX 125 for some reason was in short supply since its introduction and until now, that's why. Once there are enough of a scooter the prices drop. It's not about "Thai business logic" it's just business logic. If demand is hot, profits can be made, bikes can be sold to the highest bidder basically. If there's plenty of product then the garage around the corner might be OK with a 1000 baht profit vs another dealer who wants to make 2k... (I think that's the ballpark of what they make on normal bikes, e.g. a Wave 110 or something).

If Honda makes enough this time around the 150 should drop to RRP. Might take a while as one can expect demand to be pretty high for some time to come.

Just been to local dealer they had two on the floor and Honda truck was unloading another 4! The ball is rolling now.

Where Neal that would help

Moe,

In Bangkok Really you should call Brian first whistling.gif If he is too far away then...

Went to the shop in Chiang mai where koratjohn bought his PCX and they would not sale the display model so I asked the guy what are you in the display business or saleing business he really didn't get it. Looked around a bit and of course please order, I ask how long he goes and checks about 4 weeks. Then looked over and they have a yellow and black 125cc on display modified to no end very nice looking. I ask him how much, he says about 100,000 I say ok I'll take it then he looks at me no can sale only display by boss, CRAP I left I guess I will go back tomorrow and order one for 4 weeks.

Good luck with that

Just been to local dealer they had two on the floor and Honda truck was unloading another 4! The ball is rolling now.

Where Neal that would help

Moe,

In Bangkok Really you should call Brian first whistling.gif If he is too far away then...

Thanks Neal I donot care where I buy it, I can ride back to Chiang Ma,i will be a great trip.

I've often strapped a desktop computer back there with bungee cords so that I could take it to tukcom for repair. So although I'm sure the new 150 PCX is a dream to drive and looks good in my eyes if not my friends', it is not as practical and at prices inflated by dealers it really sticks in my crawl to pad an underserving pocket.

You should invest in a more reliable desktop computer, problem solved. ;)

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm hoping one of those reserved is mine. I will definitely take the red with black panels. I will PM you as well as I have a whole list of modifications that I would like doing before collecting. smile.png

Yes, it already has your name on it. I can't wait to start modding it for you. We'll also include a helmet, jacket, and one year of theft insurance in the sale price. Thanks again.

Brian

Thanks Brian. PM on it's way to you. :)

I've often strapped a desktop computer back there with bungee cords so that I could take it to tukcom for repair. So although I'm sure the new 150 PCX is a dream to drive and looks good in my eyes if not my friends', it is not as practical and at prices inflated by dealers it really sticks in my crawl to pad an underserving pocket.

You should invest in a more reliable desktop computer, problem solved. wink.png

do people still use desktops ? i have used only laptops since about 2000 :)

do people still use desktops ? i have used only laptops since about 2000 smile.png

I've been using one since about 1996 and now i have two laptops for my own use (I need two for what I do), plus my gf has a laptop and I have one old desktop which I use primarily for non stop downloading of movies, etc.

do people still use desktops ? i have used only laptops since about 2000

For sure. If you don't need the portability there are still plenty of good reasons to use desktops. Top of list are "bang for your buck" & scalability. Get one with easy swap drives and you can cut and run in an emergency too.

Realizing this is meant to be about the PCX I will add, unhelpfully, that I always think there is more style than substance when they are ridden in Bangkok. You'll spend too much time breathing bus fumes.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

do people still use desktops ? i have used only laptops since about 2000

. Get one with easy swap drives and you can cut and run in an emergency too.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

you can cut and run with modern laptops too ,some of them weigh not much thesedays

back to pcx

i dont think its the ideal weapon for bkk either ,if i lived somewhere less congested i might consider one

but even then ,its hard to justify its price differnce over the elegance

i actually bought ANOTHER elegance yesterday for a family member and she is delighted with it

2 months old ,1400 km ,showroom condition ,46,500

she was going to get a scoopy or a spacy until we found that on the classifieds

Tonight doming home from dinner two new PCXs setting at my local scooter dealer here in Chiang Mai white and black with red trim. We asked the owner of the shop she says 70,800. I say see you tomorrow, I will have to do own registration and insurance but the savings pay for my mods.

I wonder when Yamaha will make a bike to compete with the PCX? and before you all start it's certainly not the Elegance.

I'd actually consider touring around Thailand with the GF on a PCX, but I certainly wouldn't on an Elegance.

So does this new 150cc model have an option to be started "by foot" or you get stuck as soon as your battery goes flat?

To me this make a difference between a purchase or looking for another scooter...

So does this new 150cc model have an option to be started "by foot" or you get stuck as soon as your battery goes flat?

To me this make a difference between a purchase or looking for another scooter...

kick starts seem to be finished unless your buying a honda wave or some such

the new cbr's has only got electric starters

the kawasakis only have electric starters

maybe kick starting is finsihed with the new engines and injection systems ?? who knows why but it seems to be abandoned

maybe yamaha will drop the kicker off the new elegance if everyone else is doing it

Archived