New Pcx 150

tekinsel

Given that he did the Samoeng loop, about 100km, 200km seems highly likely in a couple of days, never mind a month!

Sorry, sorry. I thought he meant 200k km ie 200,000 km. Does one need to change tires after 200 km?

I'm sure he's changing them for ones that offer better grip, after 200km the standard tyres would have just about worn the paint marks off :)

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Price is in line with what I want to pay.

Now my wishis 3 more HP than the 125 and a little more top speed. The 125 would only do 108 kph and I wish for 118 or more

and can it still get about 50 kpl ??

Anyone who has one know these answwers before I get one ?

Top speed ?

Power ?

Mileage per Lt. ?

Had my first real fill up today. Traveled a total of 211km (131 miles) and it took 4.85 liters to fill the tank. The 211km included a 100km trip on the Samoeng Loop here in Chiang Mai, the driving was at 70k/h or less except for a couple quick runs up to 90k/h.

My calculations worked out to 43.5 km/l

Now my wishis 3 more HP than the 125 and a little more top speed. The 125 would only do 108 kph and I wish for 118 or more

Top speed ?

Power ?

Mileage per Lt. ?

how does 43.5 compare to the old pcx ?

Rode the Semong loop to day on the new 150pcx plenty of power on the inclines. Almost 200k on it, new tires should be in in a couple of days.

You mean you've done 200 k in less than a month?

Sorry only about 200 kilometer so far in less than 1 week, new tires because I want better traction. New tires a bit wider than stock. Also yss shocks on rear. Waiting on word from vocalneal about variator and then will go for costa exhaust and variator. But the 150 has a lot of accelaration, and top end. Today I never opened it up still in break in phase. I played around with the throttle and at 60 km per hr only about one quarter open. For get about gas milage I donot really care as it will vary from one ride to another.

Given that he did the Samoeng loop, about 100km, 200km seems highly likely in a couple of days, never mind a month!

Sorry, sorry. I thought he meant 200k km ie 200,000 km. Does one need to change tires after 200 km?

I'm sure he's changing them for ones that offer better grip, after 200km the standard tyres would have just about worn the paint marks off smile.png

Yes you are correct

I don't like too much the 3 new color charts, the 125's colors looked better!

3.jpg

I really like this color.

If you had seen it in real you would not.....

Thats the one I have and the red has a bit to much brown in it, but it looks ok and rides just fine.

I don't like too much the 3 new color charts, the 125's colors looked better!

3.jpg

I really like this color.

Thats the one I have and the red has a bit to much brown in it, but it looks ok and rides just fine.

I have the same one and I like it, not too flashy, a bit understated,

Rode the Semong loop to day on the new 150pcx plenty of power on the inclines. Almost 200k on it, new tires should be in in a couple of days.

Sorry only about 200 kilometer so far in less than 1 week, new tires because I want better traction. New tires a bit wider than stock. Also yss shocks on rear. Waiting on word from vocalneal about variator and then will go for costa exhaust and variator. But the 150 has a lot of accelaration, and top end. Today I never opened it up still in break in phase. I played around with the throttle and at 60 km per hr only about one quarter open. For get about gas milage I donot really care as it will vary from one ride to another.

I'm a novice in all this so hope you don't mind answering a few questions. What benefits from installing yss shocks and costa exhaust / variator? How about the costs?

Cheers

I bought one 4 days ago.

When I stop on a traffic line / red fire, I like to watch the faces of the owners of old PCX when they see the "150" sticker... reallly funny ! smile.png

you need to get a drag race going with one and tell us the result :D

I'm a novice in all this so hope you don't mind answering a few questions. What benefits from installing yss shocks and costa exhaust / variator? How about the costs?

Cheers

The shocks are adjustable, the variator and exhaust are preformace enhancers but void the warranty.

Top speed ?

Power ?

Mileage per Lt. ?

The PCX 125 was rated at 50 km/l over 25,000km on mine I averaged just over 46 km/l so I am waiting for new numbers. Also the 150 has a slightly smaller tank of 5.9 ltr down 1/10th ltr. (When I installed a JCosta variator it drop dramaticly to 35 km/l and quickly took it off) My PCX 125 would top out about at 108 kmh so I still am wondering where the 150 in stock form tops out at ? I have check every ad Honda makes and asked dealers and all say they don't know. HP figures are also still unknow.

Top speed ?

Power ?

Mileage per Lt. ?

The PCX 125 was rated at 50 km/l over 25,000km on mine I averaged just over 46 km/l so I am waiting for new numbers. Also the 150 has a slightly smaller tank of 5.9 ltr down 1/10th ltr. (When I installed a JCosta variator it drop dramaticly to 35 km/l and quickly took it off) My PCX 125 would top out about at 108 kmh so I still am wondering where the 150 in stock form tops out at ? I have check every ad Honda makes and asked dealers and all say they don't know. HP figures are also still unknow.

That is what I thought. I very briefly picked up on a spec sheet that was in Thai on the 150 PCX and I thought I saw 5,8 liters or something like that. Of course I cannot read Thai so I didn't know it was in liters but the numeric value was lower than but not too far off from the 6.2 liters fuel capacity of the 125 PCX tank.

I asked very pointedly at the front desk at Mittayan what the fuel capacity of the new 150 was and at first they said they did not know. Then they mentioned a " catalog" which of course they were too lazy to pull out for me. Then they said....same same as 125. Later the sales girl told me tank capacity was the same.

I cannot get over how absolutely incompetent these folks are. And it seems at every dealership it's the same thing. dam_n...I sure miss that female manager at the Naklua branch. She made it her job to know everything she could on her products and she sure would have looked up the specs for me if she didn't.

Top speed ?

Power ?

Mileage per Lt. ?

so I still am wondering where the 150 in stock form tops out at ? I have check every ad Honda makes and asked dealers and all say they don't know. HP figures are also still unknow.

All information on Specifications must be Cloaked in Secrecy!

We cant have the potential customers finding out the details of our products

Lets release an artist sketch and start taking orders immediately :D

I was not that far off from putting in an order for a new PCX 150. For one thing as soon as I saw the Mio FI had reduced its displacement from 125 to 115cc's I was pretty certain that the new Nouvo would also be reduced 10 cc's. My gf kept saying to me, "You birthday is coming up in 10 days, why don't you order one now. But no matter what anyone said, I kept thinking...."hmmmmmmm. I think that fuel tank has gone down to less than 6 liters. I was put off by the complete uselessness of not one, but three women taking up space at the front desk so I decided that if i'd buy a motorbike at the Naklua dealership, and certainly not the land of idiots over on Pattaya Tai.

As I keep mentioning, range is a key point with me and one of the chief reasons I would have been interested in getting a PCX. But here's the way I got it figured now. Okay....the fuel tank is now reduced by 3/1oths of one liter. Now if a PCX 125 in optimum conditions will get close to 50 km/liter, it will get up to 310 kilometers on a tank. But that's now reduced by 15 kilometers. Now, I don't know what the fuel economy will be for the new 150, but it does have 25 more cc's and that's 25/125 or 20 % more displacement to feed. So let's just say the 150 uses 15 % more gas than the 125. That figures out to 42.5 km/liter. So overall range is now reduced to 250 km from 310 for a loss of 60 km.

I am using optimal mileage figures for a PCX 125 here, but I think my shootout test between the PCX and Nouvo Elegance establishes that both bikes can get this kind of gas mileage. http://thailandlooki...cxshootout.html So on that note let's assume the same....50 km/liter for a carburated Elegance. It has a 4,8 liter fuel tank. So, it can get 4.8 times 50 or 250 kilometers per tank which is just 10 km less than my projection for a new PCX 150.

Right now holding onto my Nouvo Elegance 135 is looking better and better.

I was not that far off from putting in an order for a new PCX 150. For one thing as soon as I saw the Mio FI had reduced its displacement from 125 to 115cc's I was pretty certain that the new Nouvo would also be reduced 10 cc's. My gf kept saying to me, "You birthday is coming up in 10 days, why don't you order one now. But no matter what anyone said, I kept thinking...."hmmmmmmm. I think that fuel tank has gone down to less than 6 liters. I was put off by the complete uselessness of not one, but three women taking up space at the front desk so I decided that if i'd buy a motorbike at the Naklua dealership, and certainly not the land of idiots over on Pattaya Tai.

As I keep mentioning, range is a key point with me and one of the chief reasons I would have been interested in getting a PCX. But here's the way I got it figured now. Okay....the fuel tank is now reduced by 3/1oths of one liter. Now if a PCX 125 in optimum conditions will get close to 50 km/liter, it will get up to 310 kilometers on a tank. But that's now reduced by 15 kilometers. Now, I don't know what the fuel economy will be for the new 150, but it does have 25 more cc's and that's 25/125 or 20 % more displacement to feed. So let's just say the 150 uses 15 % more gas than the 125. That figures out to 42.5 km/liter. So overall range is now reduced to 250 km from 310 for a loss of 60 km.

I am using optimal mileage figures for a PCX 125 here, but I think my shootout test between the PCX and Nouvo Elegance establishes that both bikes can get this kind of gas mileage. http://thailandlooki...cxshootout.html So on that note let's assume the same....50 km/liter for a carburated Elegance. It has a 4,8 liter fuel tank. So, it can get 4.8 times 50 or 250 kilometers per tank which is just 10 km less than my projection for a new PCX 150.

Assuming a 125 and a 150, both cruising at 60 kmh. Which one would burn more petrol? I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

thats my view as well ,we bought another 135cc elegance last week for 46,500 from a small dealer and right now im happy we did (i was thinking to hold out for the FI model but not im glad we didnt )

i dont know how they can make the engine smaller and still increase the price to 60K+

it seems like a bit of a pisstake .........unless there is another new bike coming at around 150cc 's

Assuming a 125 and a 150, both cruising at 60 kmh. Which one would burn more petrol? I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

typicaly a larger cc bike will use more even though the engine is not working as hard

many factors at play though ,including larger engine bikes also weigh more

150 -175 km on the er6n costs around 500thb of gas

150-175 km on the elegance costs around 150thb of gas

thats my view as well ,we bought another 135cc elegance last week for 46,500 from a small dealer and right now im happy we did (i was thinking to hold out for the FI model but not im glad we didnt )

i dont know how they can make the engine smaller and still increase the price to 60K+

it seems like a bit of a pisstake .........unless there is another new bike coming at around 150cc 's

What makes sense to me is Yamaha's coming out with a 250. It has the XMAX in 125 and 250 sizes. If it manufactured one in Thailand could it offer it for something like the price of a Ninja 250? Someone said in here that the new automatics will make a lot of traditional geared bikes obsolete. From what I've seen on reviews of the TMAX is they are terrific bikes on American highways. And they are going to cost half as much in the U.S. as they do here. A TMAX is a bit much for Pattayas streets so it's overkill for these parts, but a 250? I saw several Taiwanese autos over at Mittoyan. One I think was a 300, the other a 400. They were pretty bulky looking and a lot cheaper than a T Max.

The Vietnam Nouvo is probably not a bad bike unless you've already got a 135. But it doesn't make sense to offer it against a Honda that outhorsepowers its old model unless you have something substantially bigger waiting in the wings that enables you to double team the competition.

What makes sense to me is Yamaha's coming out with a 250. It has the XMAX in 125 and 250 sizes. If it manufactured one in Thailand could it offer it for something like the price of a Ninja 250? Someone said in here that the new automatics will make a lot of traditional geared bikes obsolete. From what I've seen on reviews of the TMAX is they are terrific bikes on American highways. And they are going to cost half as much in the U.S. as they do here. A TMAX is a bit much for Pattayas streets so it's overkill for these parts, but a 250? I saw several Taiwanese autos over at Mittoyan. One I think was a 300, the other a 400. They were pretty bulky looking and a lot cheaper than a T Max.

The Vietnam Nouvo is probably not a bad bike unless you've already got a 135. But it doesn't make sense to offer it against a Honda that outhorsepowers its old model unless you have something substantially bigger waiting in the wings that enables you to double team the competition.

if it costs as much as a ninja 250 its not really in the same class as a pcx to be called a competitor

list price of 72,500 against 147,000

anyway ,more bikes made in thailand is what we neeed anyway

x-max may not be to everyones taste though ,i think its a bit ugly but the performance probably makes up for that

so i could probably live with one for a workhorse vehicle

2011-Yamaha-X-Max-250-8.jpg

Went and looked at one near my house in Ladkrabang. I was told 77,700Baht all in but have to wait 4 months.........????

They had a white one on display and if it wasn't for the badge i wouldn't have known it was the new 150cc PCX

I saw the Mio FI had reduced its displacement from 125 to 115cc's

It hasn't, there always was a 115cc Mio alongside the 125cc Mio. So currently, Yamaha dealers are selling the Mio 115i and the 125 carb models.

I'm sure now that the fuel injected Honda Click has upped it's cc to 125cc Yamaha will soon fit Fi to it's 125 Mio also :)

I still think that the Thai Nouvo will retain it's 135cc displacement in the form of the fuel injected Yamaha Spark engine, that's a simple enough swap to do without having to fit their flagship Thai model with the Baby brother's 125cc engine. :)

Went and looked at one near my house in Ladkrabang. I was told 77,700Baht all in but have to wait 4 months.........????

They had a white one on display and if it wasn't for the badge i wouldn't have known it was the new 150cc PCX

Strange as I looked at two shops on Thanon Ladkrabang (refer an earlier post). First shop quoted 75,000 but one week's wait and 2nd shop, 77,000 but I walked out the shop with it (ok, slight exaggeration, had to wait 2 hrs for it to be delivered). Wonder if it could be that they are only selling quick to locals? (my Thai gf went with me).

Hi All, I picked up a new PCX 150 black with red seats yesterday for 76,000 baht. With the insurance, registration, etc it came out to 82,000 baht. I live and work in Silom, and it took about 45 minutes to drive out to this particular Honda dealership. They still have several more, including a black, red and white one. I also noticed that when driving outside of the Bangkok center there are Honda dealers with the PCX 150 in stock and on display. The scooter is just awesome - I'm glad I waited and did not buy on impulse.

P.S. The dealer threw in a free helmet as well.

Can the fuel injection be tricked to add more fuel or is the injector already at max duty cycle, I would love to strap a small turbo to one and looked into with my click but the stumbling block was the PGM-FI brain box.

Guess I could just throw on a carby.

Picked up the PCX today, Nat. West here in Chiang Mai installed my new IRC Wings 110/70 on front and 120/70 on rear. Big difference in feel and handling noticed on the way home and a better ride, not as hard as the stock tires. I also picked out some chrome parts to have installed but the new stuff doesn't fit, she said difference in size and bolt hole placement.

Last week when I had the shocks installed I ordered the tires they came in yesterday, the parts lady called but the old phone low on battery. the service at Nat. West has been very professional and the older lady in parts has been very helpful as her english is very good. She said when the new bling comes in that she will call.

Bryan what is the status on bling parts.

I've got three more coming in sometime next week. Unfortunately, they have all been reserved. I don't think I'll have more until next month. If you can wait I'll reserve one for you. What color are you interestred in getting. Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm hoping one of those reserved is mine. I will definitely take the red with black panels. I will PM you as well as I have a whole list of modifications that I would like doing before collecting. smile.png

Yes, it already has your name on it. I can't wait to start modding it for you. We'll also include a helmet, jacket, and one year of theft insurance in the sale price. Thanks again.

Brian

Hi can someone tell me how these bikes can be modifide are we talking engine or looks and at what cost as I would like something that does not look like the standard scooter

I've got three more coming in sometime next week. Unfortunately, they have all been reserved. I don't think I'll have more until next month. If you can wait I'll reserve one for you. What color are you interestred in getting. Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm hoping one of those reserved is mine. I will definitely take the red with black panels. I will PM you as well as I have a whole list of modifications that I would like doing before collecting. smile.png

Yes, it already has your name on it. I can't wait to start modding it for you. We'll also include a helmet, jacket, and one year of theft insurance in the sale price. Thanks again.

Brian

Hi can someone tell me how these bikes can be modifide are we talking engine or looks and at what cost as I would like something that does not look like the standard scooter

there is a shop on rama 9 rd that seems to specialise in PCX mods

usualy they have some very heavily modded ones outside as a display

worth checking out that place ,i dont have a pcx so i never stoped to check it out though

Archived