New Pcx 150

tekinsel

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does this new 150cc model have an option to be started "by foot" or you get stuck as soon as your battery goes flat?

To me this make a difference between a purchase or looking for another scooter...

I've owned a 125i Wave for five years, never had to change the battery and never had to use the kickstart. So who care ?

I wonder when Yamaha will make a bike to compete with the PCX? and before you all start it's certainly not the Elegance.

I'd actually consider touring around Thailand with the GF on a PCX, but I certainly wouldn't on an Elegance.

When I was 17 I toured England and Scotland for 1500 miles on a 3 speed bicycle. I think people have gotten a lot weaker since then and a lot dumber.

I don't like too much the 3 new color charts, the 125's colors looked better!

3.jpg

I really like this color.

A Honda dealer tells me they can re-spray any color for 3,000BT.

I think a silver body with the red trim would look sharp.

Picked up my PCX today in Chiang Mai, the old lady was wrong about price, it cost 78,000 and the insurance and registration came to 4,000 total 82,000. I got the Black and red one, it really runs great and has a nice sound even with stock muffler. Will visit honda dealer for prices on some up grades. The shop I bought from offers nothing but scooters.

So who is going to be the first to upload a pic of they're new PCX 150??

Haven't seen one yet other than the promotion pics on tinternet.

I like the black/red but I hope the white/red looks better in the flesh rather than on the posters???

Price is in line with what I want to pay.

Now my wishis 3 more HP than the 125 and a little more top speed. The 125 would only do 108 kph and I wish for 118 or more

and can it still get about 50 kpl ??

Anyone who has one know these answwers before I get one ?

Top speed ?

Power ?

Mileage per Lt. ?

Last night it looked like they where trying to drop off 2 more new ones at the dealer I bought my unit from. In Chiang Mai south of Chiang Mai Gate on the southside of the moat. It is strickly an independant dealer no jackets, or helments on offer. The dealer is next to hospital on Suriywongse Road at the Y. It is hard to miss I will update if they did drop off 2 more units, I know for sure they have one white and red unit.

Now my wishis 3 more HP than the 125 and a little more top speed. The 125 would only do 108 kph and I wish for 118 or more

Top speed ?

Power ?

Mileage per Lt. ?

One of my customers said acceleration is much better than the 125. He also said he got it up over 120 with no problem.

So does this new 150cc model have an option to be started "by foot" or you get stuck as soon as your battery goes flat?

To me this make a difference between a purchase or looking for another scooter...

I've owned a 125i Wave for five years, never had to change the battery and never had to use the kickstart. So who care ?

Hehe, same Wave125i here, I think it's now 6 or 7 years old. It rattles like no tomorrow but has it ever failed to start? Nope. Even after leaving it unused for months... I don't think this is an issue at all. Never changed anything on this bike, except the oil every now and then, and the chain once (400 baht!)... ;)

Picked up my PCX today in Chiang Mai, the old lady was wrong about price, it cost 78,000 and the insurance and registration came to 4,000 total 82,000. I got the Black and red one, it really runs great and has a nice sound even with stock muffler. Will visit honda dealer for prices on some up grades. The shop I bought from offers nothing but scooters.

Sounds like the prices are already pretty good then! Wow. If I was in the market for a new scooter I'd get one of these.

Top speed ?

Power ?

Mileage per Lt. ?

One of my customers said acceleration is much better than the 125. He also said he got it up over 120 with no problem.

Brian,

Jeffrey already had the speed but he doesn't like the laws of physics. It is the 50kpl that he is really chasing.

Curious if that is from the speedometer, or verified with GPS? Motorcycles are notoriously optimistic (sometimes on the order of +10%) in what the speedo displays vs. what the actual speed is.

I too would be curious about any fuel consumption info.

I too would be curious about any fuel consumption info.

Just a guess, but the harder you push it, the worse your fuel economy. So if you ride the PCX150 like grandmother it'll probably be very close if not the same as the 125. If you hit it hard all the time, much worse.

Hmm... what's Honda's official fuel economy vs. the 125 official? That would be interesting ...

Will the variator for the 125 be effective for the 150?

The official J. Costa line is NO.

I've offered to send the 150 variator parts but they say they have to get their hands on an actual scooter to do some dyno testing before they release the 150 version and say they will not get a 150 in Spain until summer.

IF the actual unit is the same it may only be a minor weight change but depending on engine characteristics they may chose to design a new bell. ( ramp plate in normal CVT terms). They are sticklers for detail.

You will be ahead of me here because you will have both. Although the scooter is being sold, my local Honda dealer does not yet have a parts book (at least not on Thursday because i looked). When they do I will be able to get my hands on an actual 150 variator half and bushing etc. to compare with 125. Lots of speculation on my part as we have yet to discover the engine specs and characteristics but the variator maybe the same as 125 but without the stops and with different weights or it could be identical and 150 simply has higher rear end gearing. The 125 was an engine built for torque and fuel economy so one cannot simply use the SH125/150 model as their power is higher up the range.

If the 125 unit physically fits and we did discover the engine characteristics then you can try it with some different weights, as I said, and wait for the dyno run. But that kind of defeats the plug and play, J. Costa philosophy.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I'll keep you posted.

I rode my 150 up to Doi Suthep today plenty of power lots of throttle even on the inclines. I had after market shocks installed on Friday and the handling was great. Cannot say anything about mileage but I tend not to worry about that anyway when its empty I fill it up. One question for the experts here what is a good after market exhaust that will add power but isn't extremely loud, prefer a nice rumble. Thanks guys

The bit of riding I have done so far I am very happy with the PCX, after a friend leaves later this week I may go on a rode trip for a few days.

Will the variator for the 125 be effective for the 150?

The official J. Costa line is NO.

I've offered to send the 150 variator parts but they say they have to get their hands on an actual scooter to do some dyno testing before they release the 150 version and say they will not get a 150 in Spain until summer.

IF the actual unit is the same it may only be a minor weight change but depending on engine characteristics they may chose to design a new bell. ( ramp plate in normal CVT terms). They are sticklers for detail.

You will be ahead of me here because you will have both. Although the scooter is being sold, my local Honda dealer does not yet have a parts book (at least not on Thursday because i looked). When they do I will be able to get my hands on an actual 150 variator half and bushing etc. to compare with 125. Lots of speculation on my part as we have yet to discover the engine specs and characteristics but the variator maybe the same as 125 but without the stops and with different weights or it could be identical and 150 simply has higher rear end gearing. The 125 was an engine built for torque and fuel economy so one cannot simply use the SH125/150 model as their power is higher up the range.

If the 125 unit physically fits and we did discover the engine characteristics then you can try it with some different weights, as I said, and wait for the dyno run. But that kind of defeats the plug and play, J. Costa philosophy.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I'll keep you posted.

Many thanks for the informative reply.

Pattaya: yesterday I bought one 150 PCX in the big Mition shop on South road, 79.500 bahts, 85.300 bahts all included (plate insurance...).

For the white & red model, you'll have to give a deposit (500 bahts) and wait a few days. The 2 other colors are available now.

One Honda dealer on Thanon Lat Krabang selling for 75,000 excluding insurance (additional 2,200) but one week to wait. Another Honda dealer a couple of clicks away had a black / brown one in stock for immediate takeaway - 79,200 OTR incl 2 year insurance, free Avex full face helmet (retail 590) and one of those light cheapy Honda jackets. Another 500 baht for selecting registration number. Guess which I went for :)

The biggest Honda dealer in Phuket Town selling for 78k on the road but when asked them about insurance they said it is not available anymore, I had it on my PCX 2 years ago. Also they told me have a waiting list of 18 for the white and 3 for the black, so it seems white is by far more popular here. Only had the black on display and IMO the black/red doesn't really work, yet to see white/red other than internet....

The biggest Honda dealer in Phuket Town selling for 78k on the road but when asked them about insurance they said it is not available anymore, I had it on my PCX 2 years ago. Also they told me have a waiting list of 18 for the white and 3 for the black, so it seems white is by far more popular here. Only had the black on display and IMO the black/red doesn't really work, yet to see white/red other than internet....

The black / red seems very flashy. It would work for the younger set or some sexy chick but for an old geriatric like me .......

The black / red seems very flashy. It would work for the younger set or some sexy chick but for an old geriatric like me .......

the white one looks flashy too ........but youre never too old to ride a nice bike :D

Archived