"why Do Farang Only Marry The Ugly Leftovers?"

Stephen Cleary

very true guesthouse!

This is quite a myth about the women being damaged goods after a couple of kids though. In hubbys town alone he has 5 freinds who are all hoooked up with women with kids from previous relationships & one of them has kids from an ex farang husband who ran off & left her holding the baby. Hubby even had a relationship with a thai women 12 years older than him when he was in his 20's & she not only had a child but a disabled one too. Imagine that, thai guys with divorced women with kids! :o

Meeting guys is a common probelm for many single women with children the world over but it isn't only thai guys who aren't interested in women with kids.

Edited by Boo

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The skin colour preferences of different ethnic groups seem to be consistant outside of some caucasian cultures.

From what I have observed, many cultures prefer the light skin members of the population. This even held in the caucasian sector untill the idea that a tan was a healthy look evolved in the post WW2 era. The prevelance of skin cancers may yet revert that to the social mores of some time ago.

It seems to me that the preference for lighter skin colour is rooted in an economic basis. Most dark skin folk are from areas/ families/ places that spend time working in the sun and are often at the lower end of the socio-economic heap. The perception is that light skinned people have not needed to work in the sun are per se are wealthier and better off socially.

I have seen shade of skin colour as a basis for beauty and discrimination among DARK skinned Australian natives, and Africans. It also come through strongly in the older Southern Europeans amongst others.

Having said all that, my preference is for darker skinned ladies. So it takes all types to make a world.

Who is this "Pretty Chomchi", BambinA?

just check at the page 2 of this thread (post #15)

post-19740-1134561507_thumb.jpg

:o

Oh Well, As they say, beauty is in the eye of the "Beer Holder"... :D

And where can I find her?  :D

some where over the rainbow

Really, I don't think I have to go THAT far! :D

The skin colour preferences of different ethnic groups seem to be consistant outside of some caucasian cultures.

From what I have observed, many cultures prefer the light skin members of the population. This even held in the caucasian sector untill the idea that a tan was a healthy look evolved in the post WW2 era. The prevelance of skin cancers may yet revert that  to the social mores of some time ago.

It seems to me that the preference for lighter skin colour is rooted in an economic basis. Most dark skin folk are from areas/ families/ places that spend time working in the sun and are often at the lower end of the socio-economic heap. The perception is that light skinned people have not needed to work in the sun are per se are wealthier and better off socially.

I have seen shade of skin colour as a basis for beauty and discrimination among DARK skinned Australian natives, and Africans. It also come through strongly in the older Southern Europeans amongst others.

Having said all that, my preference is for darker skinned ladies. So it takes all types to make a world.

Chang, don’t take this the wrong way but you've just rationalized racism.

What is the difference in what you just said and someone in a western country not wanting to hire a darker skinned girl because she is of mixed race parents?

It even happens within the community itself, just take a look at China, it now performs more plastic surgeries per year than any other country. Most of these operations are done to make the woman or man look more western (eye lids, nose jobs and leg lengthening).

Personally I love dark skinned girls with dark hair and brown eyes and I’m a pale SOB with green eyes.

I think opposites attract sometimes, but were not talking about "attraction" as much as we are about racism/discrimination based on skin color or perceived social status based on skin color.

So what is the girl to do???......she goes to Pattaya to make money to support her kids and family...

Right....... I guess she could do that.

More likely, she'll probably GET A JOB!

Geesh, what is it with you guys?? Do you honestly think every woman solves her financial problems with some form of prostitution?

:o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I never said anything about bar work or prostitution.....there are many other jobs in Pattaya....Pattaya was just an example....could have been BKK, CM or anywhere where tourists go, as you maybe aware that where the tourists are is where the money is....not just in bar and prostitution work but in many other service industries.

Never seen handsome Farangs in Thailand.

:D

Then, they are match.

Many farangs in Thailand want girls just for the basic human needs but Thai man needs stutus also bcoz we are in the same culture and lots of people around us.

In my culture we are not select girl just a woman who only has chromosome XX but we look at family, education,brain, etc. That's why lots of farangs can't get in touch with prettysmart Thai girls.

Racism based on skin color, status or looks is still racisim.

You talk about marrying for status, then why is it that most THAI men keep a mystress on the side??? (WORTHLESS) :o

Hmm Seems that love is an after thought!! One thing that really gets me is how "sophisticated" thai people can look down on any one with no education and say they are ugly or low class.... :D

lets face it its all true ,they get the rubbish , that thais wouldnt bother with ,except poor tuktuk drivers . sagging breasts and stretchmarked divorcees with numerous kids are the choice of many farangs.

Uh I'm sure thats partially true, but have a walk around - quite a few stunna(s) around.

cant argue with you there but as Stick says last week most decent thai gals wouldnt be seen with a farang because of the social stigma. and family pressure to keep thai with thai. I have notice when coming back on the plane to London farang molls always conform to the same pattern. a certain type . :o

lets face it its all true ,they get the rubbish , that thais wouldnt bother with ,except poor tuktuk drivers . sagging breasts and stretchmarked divorcees with numerous kids are the choice of many farangs.

Uh I'm sure thats partially true, but have a walk around - quite a few stunna(s) around.

cant argue with you there but as Stick says last week most decent thai gals wouldnt be seen with a farang because of the social stigma. and family pressure to keep thai with thai. I have notice when coming back on the plane to London farang molls always conform to the same pattern. a certain type . :o

Dare I ask what type...... :D

Never seen handsome Farangs in Thailand.

Then, they are match.

Many farangs in Thailand want girls just for the basic human needs but Thai man needs stutus also bcoz we are in the same culture and lots of people around us.

In my culture we are not select girl just a woman who only has chromosome XX but we look at family, education,brain, etc. That's why lots of farangs can't get in touch with prettysmart Thai girls.

Racism based on skin color, status or looks is still racisim.

You talk about marrying for status, then why is it that most THAI men keep a mystress on the side??? (WORTHLESS) :o

Hmm Seems that love is an after thought!! One thing that really gets me is how "sophisticated" thai people can look down on any one with no education and say they are ugly or low class.... :D

good post

my wife left her husband because of exccesive drinking and not looking after the household, he would rather spend money on his friends looking good than feed his child and wife properly.

to me this makes her clever definately not a reject. but i do hear what the op is saying. thais tend to be very harsh and judgmental on thier own race.

The OP does have a point. And he's not trying to insult the dark-skinned ladies of Thailand, so please stop beating him up for sharing something he's noticed about Thai culture!

It's a widely known observation among Thais that "those farangs like the dark-skinned girls", and is pretty much accepted as fact, without any real contempt in general. It's understandable if the lady in question has beautiful features (views on this may vary), but many of them wonder WHY da heck farangs go for the ladies who are not just dark-skinned, but just downright ugly (wouldn't be considered beautiful even with ivory-white skin). Throw in the education/economic/social factors as well and they're just shrugging their shoulders and saying, "well, whatever..." :D

I have some dark-skinned gal pals who I think are absolutely gorgeous, but they're always putting themselves down and saying that they're "dam". However, it's a light-hearted joke among our friends that they don't really have to worry, because this is actually an advantage if they'd ever want to go for a farang! "คมเข้มอย่างนี้ฝรั่งชอบ!" (Farangs like those dark, enchanting features!)

This is indeed true of Thai culture, and yes, I guess there's quite a bit of racism/discrimination in it, and it's not fair, but it's not the OP's fault that it exists and he happens to mention it here. If you disagree with the Thais' views on this, and would like to change the way they think, then please start doing something to proactively make a difference (start an anti-discrimination movement?), rather than simply criticizing the OP for posting his observation on this. Or is there a reason to be so defensive? :o

Edited by siamesekitty

It's also worth mentioning that there are many absolutely stunning light skinned Thai ladies, but typically they don't speak much English and aren't in a position to meet and/or date farang men because they've already got good looking, well-to-do Thai boyfriends or husbands. If my Thai language skills were a little better I'd definitely have tried penetrating that market, so to speak...

It's also worth mentioning that there are many absolutely stunning light skinned Thai ladies, but typically they don't speak much English and aren't in a position to meet and/or date farang men because they've already got good looking, well-to-do Thai boyfriends or husbands.  If my Thai language skills were a little better I'd definitely have tried penetrating that market, so to speak...

That's <deleted>.There are many light skinned ladies in Chiang Mai that speak english.

Did you conduct this survey yourself  :o  Rating white men ahead of black and latino men seems a bit ..... uhm ..... biased.

Uhh lets put that myth to rest most lads are on avg the same size - perhaps there are an odd few that are less or more.

It's how you perform not size and the sexual chemistry you have towards one another. I guess thimble size might not cut it, but thats rare.

:o I'm teasing. Size is really secondary, as you said. For women, I think it mostly depends on the man. But, I don't think the myth is really a myth, on average.

edit: and, biggest is not always best. A man can actually be too big.

Edited by kat

It's also worth mentioning that there are many absolutely stunning light skinned Thai ladies, but typically they don't speak much English and aren't in a position to meet and/or date farang men because they've already got good looking, well-to-do Thai boyfriends or husbands.  If my Thai language skills were a little better I'd definitely have tried penetrating that market, so to speak...

its true ..its pretty hard to approach educated , good looking TH girls ..coz they are just so-called snobby sometime ..

but less pretty girl (i try to escape "ugly" word ..even bargirl (ok i dont look down them) its easilier to chit -chat ..coz these kind of girl just think ..nothing to lose...

prettier girl just wait you guys to approach

less score looking girls..they dare to approach you guys be4 you start

Edited by BambinA

Did you conduct this survey yourself  :D  Rating white men ahead of black and latino men seems a bit ..... uhm ..... biased.

Uhh lets put that myth to rest most lads are on avg the same size - perhaps there are an odd few that are less or more.

...And how do you come by this conclusion , Brit?

Have you done your own survey? :o:D