Refusing To Sleep With Someone Just Because They Have Been To Thailand.

tigerfish

its happened to me twice after my first couple of visits to the land of smiles and at the time i had only slept with one Thai, the lady being my now wife of over 10 years.

once with an Aussie girl who i was sharing a house with. we got on well, eventually it got to the point were one thing led to the other and we wanted to take things to the next level. she knew i had been to Thailand, what i had been up to out here as i had talked about it openly. but, that's where things got uncomfortable between us. i don't know if it was because i had been with say someone of another race/country, the thought that i was still involved in a long distance relationship at the time (although she knew all of this from the start and it didn't seem to stop her from making the first move) or what i had thought all along a mixture of the two, plus that fact that there is an ugly kind of stigma attached to anyone who has been to Thailand with typical stereo types being drawn up or anything Thai concerning shall we say sexual activities within the kingdom.

well, it never did get to go any further. she insisted i take an HIV test as the use of using a condom did nothing to install her with any confidence in the matter. of which i refused to do on the basis that i took it as an insult to both myself and my Thai partner at that point in time. even though i knew that both of us were clear of any sexually transmitted diseases because we had both taken the tests the last time i was out in the LOS.

the second time was much the same kind of scenario. had been seeing a Saffa girl in an on off relationship with no strings attached, but she point blank refused to have anything to do with me in the bedroom department once she found out i had been to Thailand.

now this forum has its fair share of Thai bashers and god knows i have done my share over the years. but, why does this kind of thing happen especially from outsiders and third parties who know absolutely nothing about ones individual circumstances concerning our very own experiences whilst visiting, travelling or even living in Thailand.

a question was asked in another part of the forum. "why".......................

i want to know why are some Western cultures (especially a particular group of people) wink.png so pig ignorant about certain aspects of the way these people live their lives and what happens over here in individual cases ?

not everyone deserves to be painted with the same brush.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She wanted you to be tested after visiting Thailand a few times. Sounds like a bright girl.

ah yes, well at least i have never had to go looking for it, or had to pay for it ! biggrin.png

Edited by tigerfish

the second time was much the same kind of scenario. had been seeing a Saffa girl in an on off relationship with no strings attached, but she point blank refused to have anything to do with me in the bedroom department once she found out i had been to Thailand.

She's from the most HIV ravaged country on earth, maybe you're better off

Anyway I don't normally bring up the places I've been with people I'm casually dating, so it's never been an issue. It's not going to be with most, but some chicks will just assume you must be barebacking hookers and ladyboys all day long so don't bother bringing it up

I don't really understand what you are complaining about.

You want to have sex with someone, they want you to have a HIV/STD test, you don't want to have because of the your personal principles.

They should take you at your word that all is okay and risk infection?

Seems a very reasonable ask

• Like 1

wow ! such enlightening responses from TVs very own home guard (otherwise known as dads army) wink.png

tell me, do you lot need someone to help you up out of your chairs these days ?

Don't blame the players, blame the game....

I don't think the girl who requested that you take an HIV test before sleeping with her is stupid.

Of course you have taken offence and perhaps taken on the Thai trait of losing a little face. But the fact remains that the lady in question has not refused to sleep with you, she has simply specified that you first ensure you pose no potential risk to her. She is a realist and one who has not let her emotion get in the way of a smart life choice.

Why did you feel it necessary to take an HIV test in Thailand in the first place ?...

Would you agree that the answer you are looking for as to why the lady in question requested an HIV test from you, is the very same reason you took the test in the first place... ?

• Like 1

wow ! such enlightening responses from TVs very own home guard (otherwise known as dads army) wink.png

What you expect?

As mentioned by another poster Thailand is one big knocking shop with or without condom no problem so why the shock and horror when some girl back in the West has some reservations before sleeping with you.

Not sure what you told the girl about Thailand but I don't think it was about you being celibate in a temple for three months.

• Like 1

Would you agree that the answer you are looking for as to why the lady in question requested an HIV test from you, is the very same reason you took the test in the first place... ?

Indeed.

no, i took the test with my then Thai girlfriend and now wife at the same time. kind of a nothing to hide sort of thing.

and at the same time, i asked the Aussie girl to take a test of which she took exception to. i asked on the principle that having moved around in the same kind of circles as she and seen just how much they like to "spread it about" in antipodean areas of London it was fare game. she took the moral high ground and said it wasn't the same. at that point why bother pursuing in something with someone who thinks in that way.

I can't say I've ever come across the OP's experience myself.

I have however met plenty of guys who, having visited Thailand, develop a set of views towards women and their own worth which I can imagine might cause a few problems with relationships down the line.

• Like 1

Indeed.

no, i took the test with my then Thai girlfriend and now wife at the same time. kind of a nothing to hide sort of thing.

and at the same time, i asked the Aussie girl to take a test of which she took exception to. i asked on the principle that having moved around in the same kind of circles as she and seen just how much they like to "spread it about" in antipodean areas of London it was fare game. she took the moral high ground and said it wasn't the same. at that point why bother pursuing in something with someone who thinks in that way.

I’m a little confused…

She asked you to take an HIV test before sleeping with you, after you asked her to take an HIV test because she had been ‘putting it about’ in an area of London frequented by Australians. Behavior which you, rightly so, suggests places her at high risk of HIV/STD.

It appears to be a tit for tat argument then…

Her argument is that being more frivolous in London is less risky than similar promiscuous behavior in Thailand.

Statistically, she may have a point, albeit a very dumb point which completely bypasses the crux of the discussion.

In that case, she refused to sleep with you because you pissed her off !!

What you expect?

As mentioned by another poster Thailand is one big knocking shop with or without condom no problem so why the shock and horror when some girl back in the West has some reservations before sleeping with you.

Not sure what you told the girl about Thailand but I don't think it was about you being celibate in a temple for three months.

and there in lies the narrow mindedness of TV members i have come to know and love !

Thanks for the heads up matebiggrin.png

What you expect?

and there in lies the narrow mindedness of TV members i have come to know and love !

Thanks for the heads up matebiggrin.png

thanks but no thanks. the mental image of the last time you got your head up has just put me off my bacon sarnie ! bah.gif

I can never understand why some people like to publish all about their personal and sex lives on here?

Don`t some of you have close friends to discuss this sort of stuff with? Or is it that outside this forum no one is interested and became bored long ago?

My advice to the OP is; go and visit a bar, have a few drinks, seek out someone else that has also had a few drinks who may also be feeling the blues, then start telling him/her all about it. I’m sure the person will be understanding and sympathetic.

Its not a chat up line I've used, myself, and it sounds like it doesn't work very well

"Would you sleep with me just because I've been to Thailand?"

I doubt I'll post about it on here afterwards, anyway.

http://www.thaivisa....__fromsearch__1

SC

I can never understand why some people like to publish all about their personal and sex lives on here?

Don`t some of you have close friends to discuss this sort of stuff with? Or is it that outside this forum no one is interested and became bored long ago?

My advice to the OP is; go and visit a bar, have a few drinks, seek out someone else that has also had a few drinks who may also be feeling the blues, then start telling him/her all about it. I’m sure the person will be understanding and sympathetic.

Its not a chat up line I've used, myself, and it sounds like it doesn't work very well

SC

Nice of you to offer, but I`ll give that one a miss thanks all the same.

Edited by Beetlejuice

SC

Nice of you to offer, but I`ll give that one a miss thanks all the same.

It was more a miss I had in mind than your goodself

OP..........I've got a Thai gf, but I want to bang you.

Oz..........Ok, go get an aids test then you can bang me

OP.........How dare you offend my morals, you get an aids test, I don't know where you've been!!

Oz.........I know where you've been so you can ram your morals up your a*ss

Dante reckons there's a special place in hell for the hypocrite..........I think they'll need a bigger room

OP..........I've got a Thai gf, but I want to bang you.

Oz..........Ok, go get an aids test then you can bang me

OP.........How dare you offend my morals, you get an aids test, I don't know where you've been!!

Oz.........I know where you've been so you can ram your morals up your a*ss

Dante reckons there's a special place in hell for the hypocrite..........I think they'll need a bigger room

Surely the OP could take a slightly more positive approach:-

OP - " I have been honing my shagging skills around the bars of Thailand and have developed a number of techniques that will leave you gasping for breath"

GF - "OK, I'll have some of that"

Pretty straight forward really.