Refusing To Sleep With Someone Just Because They Have Been To Thailand.

tigerfish

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can never understand why some people like to publish all about their personal and sex lives on here?...

I've seen a name mentioned once for this kind of people. I believe it started with a T.

It does if you miss the a off attention seeker.

....AND it has nothing to do with Thailand. ANYONE who is sleeping with ANYONE should worry both about his/her own and their partner's HIV status. This isn't new; this is 'welcome to the 1980's' territory.

If your new partner's excuse for asking you to get an HIV test was that your previous partner was in Thailand, that's also irresponsible (and slightly racist- HIV respects no national boundaries and all countries and their inhabitants are hotbeds of potential infection).

How is asking for an aids test irresponsible? You're contradicting yourself from one sentence to the next.

Asking for an aids test with a new partner, especially when they've potentially been porking about in a hot-bed of prostitution is NOT irresponsible, nor is it racist - it simply reflects the situation in Thailand, whether or not the person addressed actually partakes in the whores-for-hours schtick

I guess I should use smaller sentences. If the new partner asking the OP to get an AIDS test was ONLY asking him about it because he was from Thailand, it implies:

1. She wouldn't ask if he hadn't been in Thailand;

2. Australia is therefore an HIV 'safe' place in her mind, and

3. Thailand isn't.

This betrays an irresponsible approach to testing and safety. The reason that you ask your partners to get a test is because they've had other partners- ever. There's no reason to believe that someone is better or worse off for being in Australia or in Thailand. HIV is everywhere, and you could pick it up on the first sexual encounter. I'm afraid that your concerns over the relative prostitution 'hotbededness' of Thailand or the behaviour of those living in it compared to Australia are your own projections; they're not a good guideline for relaxing concern for sexual health in Australia or overly obsessing about it in Thailand.

How's about that?

Dealing with the issue in it's narrow sense, then she is quite right I guess. Medical wisdom has it that Thailand is rife with hiv, that it can be got female to male via heterosexual sex, and thus you may be a prime candidate. Same wisdom says that if infected you could pass it over to any future partner through unprotected sex.

Me, I think it is a load of old bunkum start to finish!.

....AND it has nothing to do with Thailand. ANYONE who is sleeping with ANYONE should worry both about his/her own and their partner's HIV status. This isn't new; this is 'welcome to the 1980's' territory.

If your new partner's excuse for asking you to get an HIV test was that your previous partner was in Thailand, that's also irresponsible (and slightly racist- HIV respects no national boundaries and all countries and their inhabitants are hotbeds of potential infection).

How is asking for an aids test irresponsible? You're contradicting yourself from one sentence to the next.

Asking for an aids test with a new partner, especially when they've potentially been porking about in a hot-bed of prostitution is NOT irresponsible, nor is it racist - it simply reflects the situation in Thailand, whether or not the person addressed actually partakes in the whores-for-hours schtick

I guess I should use smaller sentences. If the new partner asking the OP to get an AIDS test was ONLY asking him about it because he was from Thailand, it implies:

3. Thailand isn't.

This betrays an irresponsible approach to testing and safety. The reason that you ask your partners to get a test is because they've had other partners- ever. There's no reason to believe that someone is better or worse off for being in Australia or in Thailand. HIV is everywhere, and you could pick it up on the first sexual encounter. I'm afraid that your concerns over the relative prostitution 'hotbededness' of Thailand or the behaviour of those living in it compared to Australia are your own projections; they're not a good guideline for relaxing concern for sexual health in Australia or overly obsessing about it in Thailand.

How's about that?

Nothing to do with smaller sentences, clarity would suffice, but seeking implications doesn't do you justice.

As for my 'concerns' over the prostitution industry in Thailand, surely you can't compare a third-world country whose almost sole claim to fame is the availability of cheap sex and sleaze to a country where this is not the case. How many threads have you seen on here of guys marveling at the golden opportunities of more sex in seven days than in seven years in Milton Keynes, Box Hill or Schenectady?

Where am I denying that HIV exists in Australia? Sadly I have had some very good friends die as a result, RiP John and Jean-Claude . . . so I hardly make light of that.

You fail to make a case vis-a-vis any racist intention of the woman either.

3. Thailand isn't.

How's about that?

Nothing to do with smaller sentences, clarity would suffice, but seeking implications doesn't do you justice.

As for my 'concerns' over the prostitution industry in Thailand, surely you can't compare a third-world country whose almost sole claim to fame is the availability of cheap sex and sleaze to a country where this is not the case. How many threads have you seen on here of guys marveling at the golden opportunities of more sex in seven days than in seven years in Milton Keynes, Box Hill or Schenectady?

Where am I denying that HIV exists in Australia? Sadly I have had some very good friends die as a result, RiP John and Jean-Claude . . . so I hardly make light of that.

You have a small point about the international *FAME* of Thailand being sex-related, though I must admit that it comes up on my day-to-day radar as a resident here very little unless I have the misfortune to spot the 'odd couple' downtown or pass one of the 'naughty' districts while commuting. I would argue, though, that that in itself constitutes a portion of the racism you ask me to justify. Does Australia not have prostitutes, STDs, or sex? Should the international crowd simply take this reputation 'on faith' because Thailand is a 'third-world country'? It seems that every country has at least one other country for whose residents HIV is the 'REAL' problem (because it couldn't be our issue)- for Japan, it used to be every country with white people, for instance, including Australia. Ironically, Japan was historically the first Asian country to have a documented case of HIV infection in its population.

Nevertheless, it is a very poor approach to health which lends itself to asking a partner or not about his sexual issues based on geography, and anyone aware enough to ask for reasons of geography *should* be aware enough to ask for reasons of functional health and self-protection; in other words, ask everyone, trust no one- particularly for women, because a number of the STDs which are only, relatively speaking, annoyances for men can be quite serious for them (chlamydia leads to sterility, HPV can lead to cervical cancer- neither are blocked effectively by condoms and both can be asymptomatic especially in men).

In short, the woman we are being told about, far from asking too much of the man (and that for the wrong reasons), didn't ask him for enough reassurances of his health.

We don't disagree . . . though I don't quite understand your reticence in accepting that Thailand IS - and has been since the Vietnam War times - very well know, justifiably, as the World's Brothel. It is not up to others to address that issue, it is for the Thais to do so.

You seem to place too much emphasis on the racial aspect of this . . . it is not a racial view, it is based on facts, irrespective of how you slice it or dice it.

I never had a problem with them SLEEPING with me. It was trying to keep them awake that was the problem.

Stop using chloroform then.....

Where is the laughter button when I need it?

I will categorically state that I'm NEVER going to sleep with any of the group here.

I'm afraid that Thailand's reputation really should have very little to do with *making good sexual decisions* about one's health, which is the point I'm trying to make (the IMPORTANT point, in other words- capitals for emphasis). I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you that the girl may believe in the reputation you ascribe to Thailand internationally, and I have been aware for too long that different Thailands exist for different types of people and there is no use in flogging that horse on this thread. For the sake of argument grant that your view of things is 100% right.

But it is still POOR HEALTH DECISION MAKING at best, with what I believe is a racial tinge, which I am not emphasizing heavily in my claim, but you have been in your replies.

3. Thailand isn't.

How's about that?

I agree with justwannateach. It is a racist trait of the girls here in oz re that part of Asia, I've noticed it a few times.

Personally I did have a lady friend here in oz who I would 'frequent' every month or so. She was free to do as as she pleased and so was I. Then one day I mentioned I go to Thailand and from then on she said I was disgusting and didn't want to know me.

Yes I probably am disgusting, but not more so than when she was happy for the bang until she found out I liked Thailand.

I do come accross this sort of thing a bit from women here in oz. They just detest any single male that goes to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia.

I suppose that lady is more shitty at me because I never ran after her with multiple apologies and begging.

Well, perhaps the idea of paying a hooker for sex is not considered as normal for your women friends as it is for you.

Racial?

I work in Malaysia now and am often told of 'racist' experiences people here encountered while studying in Oz and their examples are often hilarious . . . because only white people can be racist . . . and in the next sentence they will rag on the Indians/Malays/Chinese/blacks in a manner you wouldn't hear back 'home'.

No denying that there is racism in Oz, probably more so than most other western countries, but ascribing racism to every negative view or comment regarding Asia or Asians is quite simply laughable.

australian women were amongst the easiest women to nail when i was a hotel manager in BKK

we used to joke amongst ourselves (the staff ) everytime another group of them checked in that the

evenings "entertainment" was confirmed :D

first night in bkk ,invite them for a drink or a walk on khao san rd and back to the hotel and theyre happy to go at it til the sun comes up

australian women have no place looking down on thai women IMO

Well, perhaps the idea of paying a hooker for sex is not considered as normal for your women friends as it is for you.

Racial?

I work in Malaysia now and am often told of 'racist' experiences people here encountered while studying in Oz and their examples are often hilarious . . . because only white people can be racist . . . and in the next sentence they will rag on the Indians/Malays/Chinese/blacks in a manner you wouldn't hear back 'home'.

No denying that there is racism in Oz, probably more so than most other western countries, but ascribing racism to every negative view or comment regarding Asia or Asians is quite simply laughable.

Nothing to do with hookers, never mentioned them. Practically every women in oz considers a thai girl to be a prostitute until told differently.

Also nothing to do with every negative in asia being racial, I never said that. But I do say that regarding this thread it is racial, and it is, whether you don't believe it so is a matter for you.

australian women were amongst the easiest women to nail when i was a hotel manager in BKK

we used to joke amongst ourselves (the staff ) everytime another group of them checked in that the

evenings "entertainment" was confirmed biggrin.png

first night in bkk ,invite them for a drink or a walk on khao san rd and back to the hotel and theyre happy to go at it til the sun comes up

You had to ask them for a drink first?

Yes they have no right to look down on thais, but they do. Must feel threatened.

evenings "entertainment" was confirmed biggrin.png

You had to ask them for a drink first?

Yes they have no right to look down on thais, but they do. Must feel threatened.

dont worry ,a beer on kao san is not expensive ;)

maybe we are looking at this from all the wrong angles

maybe the western girls dont want to sleep with someone whos been in thailand

because they have low self confidence in their own abilitys to satisfy a man and

someone whos spent time in thailand has more than likely met some very talented

and skilled ladies in that area of expertise

hence the australian ,may thinks she will be a disappointment .........

maybe we are looking at this from all the wrong angles

maybe the western girls dont want to sleep with someone whos been in thailand

because they have low self confidence in their own abilitys to satisfy a man and

someone whos spent time in thailand has more than likely met some very talented

and skilled ladies in that area of expertise

hence the australian ,may thinks she will be a disappointment .........

Hmm, interesting thought. Perhaps there are an increasing number of ladies who have lost husbands to Thai girls and the sisterhood is threatened and rallying together.

Aussie girls are worse than Thai girls anyway. They do it for free.

I had to quote that for posterity . . . what an amazingly intelligent reply.

I probably should have added that aussie girls do it at the same frequency with anyone........for free.

I think its a fair question. I used to always get a test here in Thailand every 90 days and as soon as I returned 90 days+ - and that was knocking around with the bad girls!

Not only that but when I was runnin' and gunnin' here, I would not seek out "good girls" girlfirends and partners (at home OR in Thailand) because that was not what I ultimately wanted and it would just hurt them emotionally when I cut/run on them - not to mention any possibility of all sorts of STI's and HIV, Hep, etc... That;s pretty dam_n irresponsible!

I was always very, very careful AND very, very lucky and ALWAYS wore a condom. I do not so much as have herpes - nor my girlfriend.

When it comes to horizontal refreshment - Thailand health system might be excellent for developing country - but what it is up against (sex industry, youth, devil may care attitude of many sex workers, porn industry, alcohol/drugs, injectable dope, poverty) is insurmountable.

Guys simply do not understand how you take your life in your hands sleeping with tramps in farang bars. Then you have the whole Katoey thing and possibly closeted men acting on impulses that they do not back at home. A real powderkeg. Package all this up in a "holiday" in which the punter tries to gorge himself on fleshy pleasures and I can see why someone might have an issue...

When my gf and myself came together - I already had two clean tests. I asked here for two and upon the second, we would go together and I would take a third.

Irony is I was shagging 100s chicks in my youth - before HIV and Hep C. Never gave it much thought.

From years in Pattaya I came to the conclusion that the women really do not care about your health. They will screw you start/end mens cycle, with herpes outbreak, with any disease unseen...

Edited by bangkokburning

Personally - If I were a working girl in Thailand, I would not sleep with any guy who has anything to do with Cambodia. Tell me you'd been to Cambodia or lived there and I would be out the door in a flash. Truth is, they come to the bars "to die" and if they live or something good happens out of it - well, Buddha blessed.

I had a Cambodian GF many years ago in the USA, when we met and I told her I had lived in Cambodia she just naturally assumed - I had HIV! It took a lot to get a firt date with her believe me!

Edited by bangkokburning

Personally - If I were a working girl in Thailand, I would not sleep with any guy who has anything to do with Cambodia. Tell me you'd been to Cambodia or lived there and I would be out the door in a flash. Truth is, they come to the bars "to die" and if they live or something good happens out of it - well, Buddha blessed.

I had a Cambodian GF many years ago in the USA, when we met and I told her I had lived in Cambodia she just naturally assumed - I had HIV! It took a lot to get a firt date with her believe me!

Jeeepers, you paint a grim picture of Cambodia. I can't argue with it as I've never been there.

The Thai women have much the same mentality - go to work in Pattaya, go to die. Many small villages have had all sorts of women disappear. Of course, many are alive and not so well (drugs and especially drinking problems). A few find men and just never come back to the clawing hand always in need. Many over the years do infact pass away, not just the host of diseases - of many, many indirect causes of simply being in such places over time. But when the Thai women speak of going to die in these places, they speak of HIV. They do not even know of Hep or even PID which left untreated can indeed kill. Simple little infection not treated...