Tot Adsl Settings

moonoi

Hi

Does anyone know what the configuration for TOT ADSL is in Bangkok? I just rented a house and the owner left the broadband internet connected for me, but the previous occupants left with the adsl filters and modem/router settings.

I manage to get the adsl filter sorted, but still need those connection settings for my ADSL router :o

TOT Router settings

VPI = 1

VCI = 32

PPPoE LLC

userid <phonenumber>@goldcyber

password <phonenumber>

TOT dns 203.121.130.39/40

TRUE dns 203.144.255.71/72

TOT mail server name / SMTP for Gold Cyber is now 203.150.218.198,

Super Cyber = totadsl.th.com.

A ping on the name gives an ip address of 203.107.137.10

Problems

Start with the general TOT call centre - 1100

If you do not get satisfaction then try

02 500 8083

02 500 8003

possible 1477

Well oddly enough in my area (Phuket) when they gave me all the paperwork (after much prompting.. You shouldnt have to tell them what to give you !!) it was still wrong..

For me I have to put g$<telnum>@goldcyber

Without elling me the SMPT changed from smtp.pacific.net.th to tot.pacific.net.th !!

Now I get a letter saying that as a new year present I can have a goldbiz account for the 1000 baht of my goldcyber account.. Sounds great (did anyone else get this ?? Is it the squeeky wheel getting the grease ??) sound be 1mbps but lower contention at least..

Anyway I have put in the stteings which are <telnum>@totgoldbiz <telnum> with no joy.. Also tried the g$<telnum>@totgoldbiz just in case..

Anyone have a goldbiz account can explain the format ???

• 4 years later...

Hi,

Do you know if the settings for TOT ADSL internet are the same everywhere in Thailand ?

Thanks.

Normally, the only thing you need to do in ADSL modem setup is enter your ISP-issued User ID and password (all over Thailand).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I'm at my fiance's place, and she just got TOT ADSL line and was given one crappy modem Billion without any Admin login password, so there's no way I can login to check its settings.

The problem is, it is not wifi, and I have a Dlink Wifi Modem Router with me and I just cannot get it to connect to TOT's line!

password given is not even a tel phone number as it starts with "y" character in front <Y12345678>@tothome and password is the <Y12345678>

Am I missing anything else? I have tried setting the VPI/VCI to 1,32; 1,100; etc and still doesn't connect.

What I can do now is use the DLink as a wifi access point and connect to Billion modem.

Can anyone help?

thanks

In my case:

RFC 2516 PPPoE

LLC

UBR

VPI=1

VCI=32

G.dmt

User Name = 02nnnnnnn@tothome

Password = 02nnnnnnn

(where 02nnnnnnn is my telephone number)

There seems to be some variation in the username protocol; I've seen some passwords that incorporate the speed of the package, like @ tothome4.

I use their DNS offerings, one of which is Google.

For the Billion you might try

Username = admin

Password = admin

although you can Google the default username and password by model number; you should be able to reset the modem (look for a smallish recessed button, maybe even a tiny hole where you can use a paperclip to reset; press the reset and hold for ~ 10 seconds).

Edited by lomatopo

Thanks,

i just tried on my dlink, removed the Y and just the 8 digit number, got redirected to this

http://adslutils.tot.co.th/failAuth/mainEn.do;jsessionid=ADA6A2CDDDC4375E11EE32CE5AEC8D73?pseudoParam=772204531

I'm not sure if adding 66 infront of the number works, will try again.

I cant reset the Billion modem because that is the only thing that works right now...if I reset it and i cannot make it work, i'm internetless lol.. (except for my 12call prepaid EDGE internets...which is way too slow).

Tried the Admin-Password thingy on the Billion modem, but i think the TOT staff changed it and do not let the client know about it. My fiance dont speak thai too well, so calling TOT support staff is like chicken and duck talk... lol

will keep trying... thanks!

Nothing works....

i can ping google.com and yahoo.com using just the 8 numbers to login, yet on the web i keep getting redirected to that http://adslutils.tot.co.th/failAuth/main.do?pseudoParam=871450487 site!!!

Something is not right. :(

Based on my recent experience turning up TOT service it seems like you are not using the correct username and/or password or the system has not been provisioned with your account. You should contact TOT.

Nothing works....

i can ping google.com and yahoo.com using just the 8 numbers to login, yet on the web i keep getting redirected to that http://adslutils.tot.co.th/failAuth/main.do?pseudoParam=871450487 site!!!

Log into your router and make sure the username and password under 'Connection' has been set according to those in your TOT account. Save and reboot the router.

I got their print out form, all in thai, but show the username and password. It has the letter "y" in front, which i thought was usual, and wasn't able to connect at all until I removed the "y".

funny thing is, i can ping all websites. My wifi router shows connected. I can access google, but quickly diverted to its error webpage. If my login ID is entirely wrong, i wont even be able to access google or ping its domain.

My fiance is busy at work, the TOT ADSL line is subscribed through her company. The IT staff came to her house to connect, but never crossed their mind to use the wifi router, nor let us know the login details into the Billion modem.

Hi guys

I'm at my fiance's place, and she just got TOT ADSL line and was given one crappy modem Billion without any Admin login password, so there's no way I can login to check its settings.

The problem is, it is not wifi, and I have a Dlink Wifi Modem Router with me and I just cannot get it to connect to TOT's line!

password given is not even a tel phone number as it starts with "y" character in front <Y12345678>@tothome and password is the <Y12345678>

Am I missing anything else? I have tried setting the VPI/VCI to 1,32; 1,100; etc and still doesn't connect.

What I can do now is use the DLink as a wifi access point and connect to Billion modem.

Can anyone help?

thanks

They would have given your fiance a phone number assigned to the ADSL. This phone number is used as part of the User Name and as the Password. Example: if issued a phone number of 02-999-1234 then the User Name would be 029991234@tothome and the password would be 029991234 which would be entered in the modem. When I signed up a few months ago all TOT gives you is the modem, which you need to enter the User Name and Password; copy of the signup/contract form; and a half sheet of paper which had the phone number assigned written on it and an example of how to enter the phone number in the User Name and Password field of the modem...also had the TOT Call Center number of *1100 on it. Was no need to change any setting on the Billion modem to get connected--I only had to enter the User Name and Password and I was connected.

Nothing works....

i can ping google.com and yahoo.com using just the 8 numbers to login, yet on the web i keep getting redirected to that http://adslutils.tot...Param=871450487 site!!!

It's a "9" digit number that you enter (the number TOT issued when signing up); not an 8 digit number. Ex: 123456789@tothome for the User Name and 123456789 for the Password.

To "enter your Billion modem menu/setup" to enter your 9 digit info, use web address 192.168.1.1 which will hopefully pull-up your Billion modem setup menu and then enter Admin for the User Name and TOT for the password. You may need to be directly hooked to the modem via RJ45 cable to get this work; sometimes it won't work via wireless connection through a separate router. This is how I've seen other Billion modems come issued out by TOT. This should allow you access into the modem's menu structure where you can change all types of settings (i.e., really mess things up) and this is where you enter the 9 digit logon info given by TOT.

Edited by Pib

I am certain there is more variation in the username protocol as I have turned up service with both 02nnnnnnn@tothome and 02xxxxxxx@tothome4m. So the download speed of the subscribed package is incorporated into the username. Perhaps this only happens with "Power Fit" packages, and "Basic Fit" gets just the @tothome?

FWIW, TOT's paperwork on one line contained the wrong username format! I could ping, as can happy4ever, but could not connect. Finally I got the right username format (@tothome4m) and could connect.

haha thanks guys!

And for Pib, yes!!! Finally could login into Billion modem with the admin/tot username/password.. hahahhaa thanks!

And i'm checking their settings.

Username is indeed 9 characters, with the first one being an alphabet "y" as mentioned!

well let u guys know how the Dlink will turn up

cheers! B)

Maybe they changed the username (and password?) format as the leading ZERO was being confused for a lower or uppercase letter O? You'll definitely need to be able to manage the modem/router if you want to forward ports. Who would have thought to try a password of "TOT"? <_<

• 8 months later...

Well it is a couple of years later I know, and I have been keeping an eye on my TOT connection with the admin/tot login to my Billion modem/router. (5200G R4)

First act was to secure the wireless connection!

I am quite sure I logged in not so long ago to the router but.

On Saturday, the lightening flashed and the thunder cracked and off went my internet.

And at that time I could no longer log into the router to see what was going on.

It took 4 days before TOT got my internet back up, no visit to the home required.

But I still cannot log into the Billion router which otherwise seems to be working fine.

I tried admin/admin, admin/TOT and a few random selections, admin/tot of course.

It looks like TOT changed the password from their end.....?

Anyone else had a password change imposed upon them?

Default password is "admin / tot" all lowercase, which you seem to have tried already…

Since this doesn't seem to work, you could hit the reset button for about 6 seconds plus to restore the router to factory default settings.

However if you go this route, make sure you have all the pertinent info from TOT about your account, as you need to set it up again from scratch

Well it is a couple of years later I know, and I have been keeping an eye on my TOT connection with the admin/tot login to my Billion modem/router. (5200G R4)

First act was to secure the wireless connection!

I am quite sure I logged in not so long ago to the router but.

On Saturday, the lightening flashed and the thunder cracked and off went my internet.

And at that time I could no longer log into the router to see what was going on.

It took 4 days before TOT got my internet back up, no visit to the home required.

But I still cannot log into the Billion router which otherwise seems to be working fine.

I tried admin/admin, admin/TOT and a few random selections, admin/tot of course.

It looks like TOT changed the password from their end.....?

Anyone else had a password change imposed upon them?

That's the administrator login for the router. I doubt TOT forced a password change on you.

A couple of weeks ago I had a similar problem, electrical storm, router appeared to be working, but could not log onto the router.

Like MTH said. I did a factory reset of the router and re-entered all the settings.

No problem.

That's the administrator login for the router. I doubt TOT forced a password change on you.

A couple of weeks ago I had a similar problem, electrical storm, router appeared to be working, but could not log onto the router.

Like MTH said. I did a factory reset of the router and re-entered all the settings.

No problem.

That makes a bit of sense.....

Of course I can't get in there to see the settings, but, I have an old router I once programmed to work, and if it still does, I can get the settings out of it.

Feedback much appreciated.:thumbsup:

No problem.

That makes a bit of sense.....

Of course I can't get in there to see the settings, but, I have an old router I once programmed to work, and if it still does, I can get the settings out of it.

Feedback much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Further..... I found an old Romfile on my computer for the Billion, so I did the factory reset.

Strangely enough it came back with the admin/tot username/password functional and the same IP address. I was expecting it to reset to admin/admin... go figure.

Anyhow a ROM reload and all good now.