1 Year Thai Visa For British Citizen

Hey all, im new here.

Im looking at the Thai 1 year multi entry visa as a British citizen. Does anyone have experience with this type of visa? I saw it on Siam Legal.

Is it easy to get? Do they require lots of supporting document? Such as so much money in bank etc?

Thanks

If you are not over 50 years old, married to a Thai, or have a job in Thailand you don't qualify.

Your option is to go for an educational visa, contact one of the language schools that sponsor this forum for more information.

You could apply for a 6 monh triple entry tourist visa and if used correctly get almost 270 days permission to stay with two border runs and three 30 day extensions.

Siam Legal used to provide a multiple entry non-imm B visa for around 200 pounds. An official looking brown envelope arrived from Thailand, which was then sent to Hull (unopened) and within a week the visa arrived. No questions asked. Presumably the brown envelope contained a "job offer". I wonder if they still provide this service!

Siam Legal used to provide a multiple entry non-imm B visa for around 200 pounds. An official looking brown envelope arrived from Thailand, which was then sent to Hull (unopened) and within a week the visa arrived. No questions asked. Presumably the brown envelope contained a "job offer". I wonder if they still provide this service!

Still on their website, GBP320 now. Wonder how they do it?

Is Siam Legal a scam or geuine? Has anyone on this forum used this visa? Is it legit and ok?

Thanks

Is Siam Legal a scam or geuine? Has anyone on this forum used this visa? Is it legit and ok?

Thanks

I used them back in 2005 and got a non-imm B visa. So, it's ceratinly not a "scam".

The website says:- One Year Non-immigrant visa for U.K. citizens is issued for applicants who wish to enter Thailand to perform official duties or religious activities, conduct business or investment, work, and study, visit the family and other activities - defining it on the previous page as a separate category from Retirement, Marriage or Business. A video presentation lists the requirements as:-

Applicant must be physically present in the country where the application is made

Passport with at least one year validity

Invitation Letter from the organisation or business in Thailand

Supporting documents (unspecified)

Presumably they sort out the third and fourth items for you. For 320 quid plus the application fee, if you have no other way to secure a 15-month stay in Thailand, it's probably not a bad deal. As I assume they employ qualified lawyers and I am not qualified to give legal advice, I wouldn't presume to comment on the legality of this arrangement.

From my experience Siam Legal will do a good job for you, they arranged my marriage in Bangkok for me and provided an excellent service. But, when I asked them to do my marriage visa for me. they said that as an existing customer they will do it for a discounted price of 15000 Baht. I agreed and got back in touch with them, but the price escalated to around 32000 Baht. When I complained, they said "that is only our fee, there is also a fee of this and this and so on" I told them no, and said they should have told me at the time, and they then said they did, but I can assure you they did not.

You could apply for a 6 monh triple entry tourist visa and if used correctly get almost 270 days permission to stay with two border runs and three 30 day extensions.

This is probably your easiest option. Gives you almost 9 months with the 30 day extensions. 60+30+60+30+60+30 days, can get from Hull.

From my experience Siam Legal will do a good job for you, they arranged my marriage in Bangkok for me and provided an excellent service. But, when I asked them to do my marriage visa for me. they said that as an existing customer they will do it for a discounted price of 15000 Baht. I agreed and got back in touch with them, but the price escalated to around 32000 Baht. When I complained, they said "that is only our fee, there is also a fee of this and this and so on" I told them no, and said they should have told me at the time, and they then said they did, but I can assure you they did not.

Hardly a discount if you have all the documents.

Hey Dude-you can get one year visa yourself-no need to go through Siam Legal which are probaqbly the worst people to help you-I know from past experience with them.

How? What type of Visa would that be for a 20 something year old, not working and presumably not going down education route?

I assist my son every year for the past five years in getting a one year NON IMMIGRANT TYPE "B" Multiple Entry visa by simply giving him a letter on my company letterhead. He does not work or get a work permit; when he is here is makes the normal border run every 90 days to have his passport stamped. It is pretty simple process really. Would it be different for a UK citizen than for Americans?

I'm on my 3rd one year multi entry 'B' visa.

Are you in Thailand at the moment or in the UK?

Google - Thai Consulate Hull and read the requirements for getting a B visa.

If you are not in the UK then its a little harder as you have to leave Thailand so there is an exit stamp from Thailand before the new visa goes in.

I either fly to Hong Kong or Singapore and send my passport from there.

Mail your passport to a friend or family in the UK and have them mail it to the consulate from their UK address.

When the passport comes back they then fedex it back to you.

Hope that helps.

Hull will normally give a non-o visa classed as visiting friends or family.

Never used to need any supporting docs other than your payment.

I believe they now ask for at least the name of a Thai you will visit, maybe id card copy or something.

No need to visit hull. Post it off and back in a few days.

Siam legal most likely charge you triple the price to do the same.

The Royal Thai Consulate in Hull http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

In person or writing

Royal Thai Consulate

Priory Court

Saxon Way

Priory Park West

Hessle

HULL

HU13 9PB

Monday to Friday 09:30 to 16:00

Tel: +44 (0) 1482 581668 Fax: +44 (0) 1482 628877

By Email: Email: [email protected]

If visiting in person and travelling by car there is free parking adjacent to the consulate - look for the flag.

VISA FEES

for applications received on and after 01 December 2011:

Tourist Visa = £25 per entry

Non-Immigrant Single Entry = £50

Non-Immigrant Multiple Entry = £125

Thanks

I used them a few years ago. I expect they have some good people but the person assigned to my case was unqualified clerk with little or no legal knowledge who made a big meal out of a simple VAT registration and WP application. He didn't know the regulations and refused to listen to me when I told him what documents were required resulting in an initial rejection. It took them ages to get the jobs done and I had to keep calling to chase them and eventually needed my passport back to go on a trip. The fees on their ad were just a hook to get people in the door, as they tacked on two or three rounds of additionial service fees, including travel expenses for an idiot who made me wait for an hour at the Labour Ministry to bring the receipt for my WP application, even he was the one who made the appointment.

Since that ghastly experience I have done all of this type of simple routine work myself in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost.

coffee1.gif Think you're talking about a Non immigrant multi-entry O visa valid for one year. Each entry is good for a "permitted to stay" stamp on entry of 90 days. Unlimited entries during the one year life of that visa, each one a 90 day "permission to stay".

Back in 2010 you used to be able to get one from Hull to "visit friends and/or relatives in Thailand".

Basically, it does'nt happen anymore...they cracked down hard...and such visas now are scarcer than hen's teeth.

I got mine in October 2010...and some time in November or early December 2010 they cracked down.

There are still ways to get a legal visa, but that's another topic, and most times now they are not a 1 year multi-entry, but a single emtry 90 day visa...which you then can EXTEND in Thailand at your local immigration office...based on qualifying for that extension by marriage to a Thai, working in Thailand, taking an approved study course in Thailand )school study)..or if over 50...applying for retirement in Thailand.

But that mult-entry visa is practically dead in the water today,

And, Siam Legal, is a well-known and recognised law firm in Thailand...no scam, If you talked to them they would probably explain the now very difficult procedure of qualifying for that multi-entry visa.

Also, if somehow you did get one, it costs 120 pounds just for that visa.

But. like I said, you're unlikely to get one now.

I refer to it as the "Rolls Royce" of non immigrant visas...and they are as hard to get as the cars.

licklips.gif

Hull will normally give a non-o visa classed as visiting friends or family.

Never used to need any supporting docs other than your payment.

I believe they now ask for at least the name of a Thai you will visit, maybe id card copy or something.

No need to visit hull. Post it off and back in a few days.

Siam legal most likely charge you triple the price to do the same.

This post should be removed as it is completely out of date and misleading.

The way to get a one year visa, is to either have a thai wife, or work in Thailand, or be retired.

For all of these options, you need to obtain a NON-IMM visa. This must be done at a thai diplomatic mission such as embassy or consulate outside Thailand.

If you don't belong to the above categories, then I suggest getting a tourist visa or no-visa, that should give you only 60 days or 30 days respectively. Enter Thailand and look for a job or a wife. It is by FAR easier to get a wife...! You can also get a feel for the country. Thailand in general is a very nice place to live and work and play, but visas are not easy but not impossible either. Be aware that Thailand is much better for you if you can speak the language. Honestly, Thailand is a great place with the only real drawback being the restirctive legislations regarding foreigners.

If you do belong to the above categories you are likely to obtain a 90 day NON-IMM visa at a Thai embassy or consulate abroad. Then duirng this stay in Thailand, you can proceed to EXTEND it up to one year from the day of entry, If you are employed then the employer will take you to the immigration to do this. If with your wife then you must go with her to the immigration. In case of employment you need also to have a work permit. If you get the one year extention then you must take your passport to the immigration office to report your address every 90 days. Once the one year extension is over, you can have another one year exension. Again this must be applied for a and you need quite a lot of paperwork. It is not easy in any way but it can be done. It is beurauecratic...

If you can stay for 3 consecutive extentions you can also apply for a Permanent Residence Permit, that quite hard to obtain. I certainly aim (dream) to do that when the right time comes...

In summary, staying legally in Thailand is much more difficult than, say Dubai, but it beats living in the desert.

Edited by Debothai