UK pensions

mrmazinkle

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yeh right , if and its a very big if ,Corbyyn came to power he would look at it seriously ,then forget all about it and move on .

The last Labour govt looked at it under Blair and fought tooth and nail to make sure we did not get them .

to be blunt the only way you will get the rises is to keep an address in the UK and lie .

...and when you're found out you'll have to repay anything that you have defrauded the government out of.

10 hours ago, Just Weird said:

...and when you're found out you'll have to repay anything that you have defrauded the government out of.

Not if you have no cash in the bank ,they will just take it back at a few pounds a week , just read in the papers about the Benifit fraudsters caught in the UK , they scam thousands and thousands and just walk away ,in real terms .

2 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Not if you have no cash in the bank ,they will just take it back at a few pounds a week ,

At this time I know 3 guys who have been found out, two were given 1000 quid fine, one no fine because it was proven he had had a serious brain operation and his elderly sister did his paperwork because he was unable. All three had had to pay back what the gov worked out what they were overpaid. One bloke had to return to the UK cos he had no money...

41 minutes ago, transam said:

At this time I know 3 guys who have been found out, two were given 1000 quid fine, one no fine because it was proven he had had a serious brain operation and his elderly sister did his paperwork because he was unable. All three had had to pay back what the gov worked out what they were overpaid. One bloke had to return to the UK cos he had no money...

Yes but if your in Thailand and so is your money , they cant take it,just your pension ,and the will not take it all every week

ps did they return to the UK to be tried?

12 hours ago, steve187 said:

incorrect, you stop paying at your state pension age, same applies to pension credits and bus passes

You are both right to a certain extent. From the age of 60 there is no need to pay NI, you get automatic credit. If however you are still working, you still have to pay.

I stopped work at 61 and was credited to age 65, even got an incomplete year for the few months between April and my birthday.

5 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

This is most informative,you indeed have unquestionable knowledge of this event/events, could you please now be more forthcoming as to these quoted,in your own good time,of course

Why, I don't tell porkies on this forum..I have passed on what has been told to me..If you want to question it there will be no info from me...But.......

Folk who are being naughty regarding the UK gov, just think about visa's in your passport, and what the UK gov "may" note...For instance, when l renewed my PP in LOS they wanted a copy of every page in it that was sent to the UK for examination..........:whistling:

Just now, transam said:

Why, I don't tell porkies on this forum..I have passed on what has been told to me..If you want to question it there will be no info from me...But.......

Folk who are being naughty regarding the UK gov, just think about visa's in your passport, and what the UK gov "may" note...For instance, when l renewed my PP in LOS they wanted a copy of every page in it that was sent to the UK for examination..........:whistling:

Now I do not happen upon this forum very often,but you,yourself are always at the forefront of doom and gloom 'knowing someone'    Not about PPs  or anything else,just pensions and OAP at that,...again you state/have stated over the years  'courts' paid back' etc,now surely some concrete evidence,not hearsay ,yes I hear there if life in outer space,but cannot prove it,but you are positve on your statement,  not about 'porkies' or gormless nonsensical statements,but please back up what you have been thumping this drum of your over the years with some fact,   or could it be jealousy on your part?

2 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

Now I do not happen upon this forum very often,but you,yourself are always at the forefront of doom and gloom 'knowing someone'    Not about PPs  or anything else,just pensions and OAP at that,...again you state/have stated over the years  'courts' paid back' etc,now surely some concrete evidence,not hearsay ,yes I hear there if life in outer space,but cannot prove it,but you are positve on your statement,  not about 'porkies' or gormless nonsensical statements,but please back up what you have been thumping this drum of your over the years with some fact,   or could it be jealousy on your part?

Jealousy of what...?

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Not if you have no cash in the bank ,they will just take it back at a few pounds a week , just read in the papers about the Benifit fraudsters caught in the UK , they scam thousands and thousands and just walk away ,in real terms .

Exactly what I said, you'll have to pay it back.

5 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

They can also get jailed, in real terms.

19 hours ago, steve187 said:

incorrect, you stop paying at your state pension age, same applies to pension credits and bus passes

Well Steve I can assure you that I stopped paying my NI contributions when I was 60 and also the bus pass at the same time, now things may have changed since then and I am no longer 60 but what I tell you was what happened to me when I was 60. also free prescriptions from that time. lucky me then.

I hope that you are wrong as a lot of people suffer this injustice of frozen pensions. Corbyn has said that he will look very seriously at this issue when they come to power!

i'm nearly 63 and i'm totally dreading Corbyn coming into power about the same time my state pension is due.
If that bunch of hopeless clowns get in- as they probably will, the pound and the economy will collapse and once again " there will be no money left" and drastic measures will be inevitable.....

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
5 hours ago, transam said:

I actually "heard" about a guy that was caught as well , someone told someone who told me , but as far as i see it ,unless someone tells on you they will have a hard job .because ,and this is a fact no one dept talks to another .

for myself , when we came over we cancelled our child allowance and informed the authorities , i TWICE had to send back our child allowance as they insisted on paying it ,even though i both wrote and rang them ,if i had not been honest they would have just kept on paying it , as for Passports i got a new one two years ago when i was in the UK ,"oh you got your last one in Bangkok i see " was the remark .i asked does it make a difference? "no just noticed it" was the reply .

4 hours ago, nong38 said:

Well Steve I can assure you that I stopped paying my NI contributions when I was 60 and also the bus pass at the same time, now things may have changed since then and I am no longer 60 but what I tell you was what happened to me when I was 60. also free prescriptions from that time. lucky me then.

things change, prescriptions at 60, but nothing else, if you work you pay ni up to your state pension age

35 minutes ago, steve187 said:

things change, prescriptions at 60, but nothing else, if you work you pay ni up to your state pension age

If you look back at Sandy F you will probably find your answer I retired at 60. I can only tell you what happened to me whether you accept that or not, it is the truth why would I bother to lie to you or anyone else. From 60 to 65 my work pension was going to go up by 8 pounds a week why stay, might as well enjoy the 5 years off, you cannot buy time.

12 minutes ago, nong38 said:

If you look back at Sandy F you will probably find your answer I retired at 60. I can only tell you what happened to me whether you accept that or not, it is the truth why would I bother to lie to you or anyone else. From 60 to 65 my work pension was going to go up by 8 pounds a week why stay, might as well enjoy the 5 years off, you cannot buy time.

i am telling you the current rules, what you did years ago has no relevance today, i never said you didn't do that.  i am telling you that now if you work you pay NI, until you reach your state pension age. i looked at sandy F and he is saying the same as me.

end of

The rules for payment of N.I. changed some time ago, when I was working I did the company salary and N.I. anyone aged 60 and over did not have to pay N.I. But they could make voluntary payments to fill in any gaps in their record. However the rules changed and currently N.I. Is paid until you reach state pension age which incidentally is being raised to 67! On the issues of bus passes this is more complicated, Londoners, Scots Welsh and Northern Ireland can qualify for their bus pass at age 60. In England in differs between county councils for example in Cumbria you can claim at 64.5 ! 

The rules for payment of N.I. changed some time ago, when I was working I did the company salary and N.I. anyone aged 60 and over did not have to pay N.I. But they could make voluntary payments to fill in any gaps in their record. However the rules changed and currently N.I. Is paid until you reach state pension age which incidentally is being raised to 67! On the issues of bus passes this is more complicated, Londoners, Scots Welsh and Northern Ireland can qualify for their bus pass at age 60. In England in differs between county councils for example in Cumbria you can claim at 64.5 ! 

Sorry to disagree, but bus passes in England ( at least) are being phased in time increments to align eventually ( 5 years from recall) with the pension age

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
On 12/6/2017 at 11:31 PM, Just Weird said:

This is a post that deserves a response.  'Defrauded' you say,no doubt alluding to the old age pension, I wonder where your information is sourced,not from official .gov.uk sites for sure....as far as my assessment is  non frozen pension received in frozen country   and ,'caught out',  nothing happens,no repay ,no nothing. If you personally have informed,more fool you,only action  is frozen at that point.  

Of course more knowledgeable ,sleeping safely in their beds will not be affected,personally it would give me nightmares all that money lost

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

If you live in London, you can travel free on buses, tubes and other transport when you’re 60,

last I heard London was in England, but I could be wrong and they have moved it ! 

But it's not the same everywhere. On the Government website I input the date of birth for someone just turned 60, and it said this:-

The date you qualify for a bus pass is:

The dates may be different in some areas, check with your council when you can apply for a bus pass.

You can get a 60+ Oyster card from Transport for London if you live in Greater London.

Archived