UK pensions

mrmazinkle

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, altcar bob said:

This is a post that deserves a response.  'Defrauded' you say,no doubt alluding to the old age pension, I wonder where your information is sourced,not from official .gov.uk sites for sure....as far as my assessment is  non frozen pension received in frozen country   and ,'caught out',  nothing happens,no repay ,no nothing. If you personally have informed,more fool you,only action  is frozen at that point.  

Of course more knowledgeable ,sleeping safely in their beds will not be affected,personally it would give me nightmares all that money lost

If someone gives the DWP false information about their residence in order to receive an increased pension that they are not entitled to (whether you agree with the law that says that or not), that is fraud.  Do not be so naïve to think that the DWP is not able to take action if it finds out that your pension claim is fraudulent. 

How can anyone receive a 'non-frozen' pension in a 'frozen' country without knowingly giving the DWP false information about where they live?  Do you think that the department would ever agree to pay a non-frozen pension into an account in a country where pensioners are not permitted to receive it?

Just now, Just Weird said:

If someone gives the DWP false information about their residence in order to receive an increased pension that they are not entitled to (whether you agree with the law that says that or not), that is fraud.  Do not be so naïve to think that the DWP is not able to take action if it finds out that your pension claim is fraudulent. 

How can anyone receive a 'non-frozen' pension in a 'frozen' country without knowingly giving the DWP false information about where they live?  Do you think that the department would ever agree to pay a non-frozen pension into an account in a country where pensioners are not permitted to receive it?

To be entirely honest and trustworthy I have never informed them of anything,excepting where initially I started receiving the OAP. 

You could help me out on your statement .'the law states 'etc. exactly which 'law' do you specifically allude to,specifically that is?...and as it in your own words amounts to a 'fraud' I would be obliged if you could offer a pointer ,a marker or anything that is that would deem it a 'fraud'

2 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

To be entirely honest and trustworthy I have never informed them of anything,excepting where initially I started receiving the OAP. 

You could help me out on your statement .'the law states 'etc. exactly which 'law' do you specifically allude to,specifically that is?...and as it in your own words amounts to a 'fraud' I would be obliged if you could offer a pointer ,a marker or anything that is that would deem it a 'fraud'

So you ain't read the UK Gov panflet telling you all....?

Just now, transam said:

So you ain't read the UK Gov panflet telling you all....?

Face it,you never have,never will,are totally incapable of reading anything,excepting what third party waffle is all about,(proof  and admissions)  look at the later posting rubbish from yerself

..and I go on please inform of the UK Gov panflet sazzzes

2 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

Face it,you never have,never will,are totally incapable of reading anything,excepting what third party waffle is all about,(proof  and admissions)  look at the later posting rubbish from yerself

..and I go on please inform of the UK Gov panflet sazzzes

So you ain't read it.....I have, I can sleep at night...

Just for YOU, I may still have it here....Would you like me to look for it and  print the pages that will make you sit in a corner and cry...?

24 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

OK, consider this.

When  I hit 66 I will be in England and will claim my state pension based on being there.

If I choose to tell the DWP (or forget) if/when I return to Thailand that will be in my hands.

If I choose not to tell them/forget, and I get ‘found out’ we will agree on the date that I became permanently resident and will the pension frozen as at that date. I may, or may not, have to repay the ‘extra’ between that date and now.

That is exactly what I advised a friend to do who had his pension stopped for non-return of a life form (sent to his son’s previous address in the UK). He had been here for 4 years but they agreed to freeze at the date he called them and said he was now living in a Thailand.

13 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

Geez... here we go again with someone else claiming that I said something that I did not say.  I did not make any statement asserting that "the law states...".  

You want a pointer, a marker or something else?  Have you ever heard of common sense in that making a false declaration to obtain something that you are not entitled to may be illegal?

Do you really think that the DWP left itself so uncovered that it will pay non-frozen pensions to those not entitled to them without recourse?

Here's an idea for you, call them and ask!  Then, if I'm wrong, come back and tell me.

Geez... here we go again with someone else claiming that I said something that I did not say.  I did not make any statement asserting that "the law states...".  

You want a pointer, a marker or something else?  Have you ever heard of common sense in that making a false declaration to obtain something that you are not entitled to may be illegal?

Do you really think that the DWP left itself so uncovered that it will pay non-frozen pensions to those not entitled to them without recourse?

Here's an idea for you, call them and ask!  Then, if I'm wrong, come back and tell me.

..but it was you (post 3556) that quoted (law)  to quote that you must have knowledge of the appertaining (law)...better idea, as you pushed the boat out firstly why not YOU back up your assertions,its all there to be read

7 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

..but it was you (post 3556) that quoted (law)  to quote that you must have knowledge of the appertaining (law)...better idea, as you pushed the boat out firstly why not YOU back up your assertions,its all there to be read

Better YOU read the UK web sites to fill in YOUR gaps....It is really easy....Go for it, because some of us have....:stoner:

15 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

"..but it was you (post 3556) that quoted (law)..."

Will you please stop this nonsense, I did not quote any law, anywhere (if I did you will be able to copy and paste it on your next reply, won't you?), and, as I type this post 3556 is a post from Transam, not from me

"..its all there to be read...".

What is?  If you don't believe what I posted, that is your prerogative but all you have to do to prove me wrong is spend 50 baht on a call to DWP, it's that easy.

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Will you please stop this nonsense, I did not quote any law, anywhere (if I did you will be able to copy and paste it on your next reply, won't you?), and, as I type this post 3556 is a post from Transam, not from me

What is?  If you don't believe what I posted, that is your prerogative but all you have to do to prove me wrong is spend 50 baht on a call to DWP, it's that easy.

You come across as a worried claiming dosh chappy.....:whistling:

9 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

I tell you what,without hurling insults that might offend,i think the postings of yours are worthless,juvenile,stupid and plain gormless

It's funny the way some people react when they don't have a rational argument.   Not only are Transam's remarks not worthless, juvenile stupid or gormless, they are accurate.

Why spend 50 baht?  whatever you want is there UK.gov. DWP rules /regulations    Now I am happy with the status quo  really I am, I receive the maximum pension  OAP that is paid,  obviously some are less than happy ..so be it,let it rest there. The only thing that concerns Is lurid and gormless comment,(yes a real barnstormer here) that may just may influence a decision that will effect them in later life to their disadvantage

1 minute ago, altcar bob said:

Why spend 50 baht?  whatever you want is there UK.gov. DWP rules /regulations    Now I am happy with the status quo  really I am, I receive the maximum pension  OAP that is paid,  obviously some are less than happy ..so be it,let it rest there.

"..so be it,let it rest there".

That says it all.

3 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

Why spend 50 baht?  whatever you want is there UK.gov. DWP rules /regulations    Now I am happy with the status quo  really I am, I receive the maximum pension  OAP that is paid,  obviously some are less than happy ..so be it,let it rest there. The only thing that concerns Is lurid and gormless comment,(yes a real barnstormer here) that may just may influence a decision that will effect them in later life to their disadvantage

Try Chang beer....:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, transam said:

Try Chang beer....:thumbsup:

Chang beer is not what is was either, when they got rid of Export, Draught and Light they changed the bottle the amount of the contents and the flavor, its now rubbish, perhaps it always was, oh for an Old Speckled Hen, I used to take it for medicinal purposes.

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"..so be it,let it rest there".

That says it all.

Ha Ha  not quite,   the unknowing,well just not knowing full stop,period  lol    The oap is an entitlement,not a benefit,clearly stating it is non-sanctionable meaning non punishable to the recipient,cannot be penalised ,taken back etc.etc.,no fraud involved it is fraud less (to the recipient) No authority can be imposed on it,It can be frozen at a point but at the point you want it frozen,and many have argued at life in Thailand is not permanent and not had it imposed

Only thing breaking the law  would be the DWP not paying the oap, can be frozen though on non receipt of life certificate

anyone having thoughts of going the frozen way Id say do not do it,just a few years makes a hell of a difference,look at the life of this government  ,promise of 5 more years of a two and a half percent increase  year on year compounded up,one hell of a difference

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

It's funny the way some people react when they don't have a rational argument.   Not only are Transam's remarks not worthless, juvenile stupid or gormless, they are accurate.

Not quite,ever kept up with the torrent of pitiful meanderings,This poster is going on ignore pronto,just an embarrassment

3 hours ago, altcar bob said:

I tell you what,without hurling insults that might offend,i think the postings of yours are worthless,juvenile,stupid and plain gormless

Maybe, but at least I can read and understand the UK Gov's rules regarding pension payments living abroad, you obviously don't or really do but just hanging in there until your bubble bursts...Must say your replies to this topic have been quite funny...:smile:

I am still trying to work out who you "were" on TVF....Another bit of fun....:stoner:

4 hours ago, Jip99 said:

That is exactly what I advised a friend to do who had his pension stopped for non-return of a life form (sent to his son’s previous address in the UK). He had been here for 4 years but they agreed to freeze at the date he called them and said he was now living in a Thailand.

I have never had a life form in the UK, only when moving abroad. I was told a death being registered in the UK flags up to the pension HMRC so they know to stop payments and so do not need to send out life forms if in the UK. Obviously this does not always happen abroad so the forms are needed.

6 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I have never had a life form in the UK, only when moving abroad. I was told a death being registered in the UK flags up to the pension HMRC so they know to stop payments and so do not need to send out life forms if in the UK. Obviously this does not always happen abroad so the forms are needed.

The form was definitely sent to a UK address.... 

DWP seem to get to hear about British citizen’s death in Thailand.

3 hours ago, altcar bob said:

The law you are looking for

Social Security Fraud Act

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

The form was sent to a UK address.... believe it!

DWP get to hear about British citizen’s death in Thailand.

Yep, you cannot be "burned" until the embassy knows, unless you and the Mrs has done a prenup regarding a quiet bonfire somewhere...:stoner:

1 minute ago, transam said:

Yep, you cannot be "burned" until the embassy knows, unless you and the Mrs has done a prenup regarding a quiet bonfire somewhere...:stoner:

..... or unless you die at home and the embassy don’t get advised. Not 100% sure...... I know the embassy have to provide a release for a Farang who dies in hospital, and I know the police “ must” be advised of a Farang death within 24 hours. I don’t know if the wats need any paperwork.....

17 hours ago, altcar bob said:

Never mind eh    must hurt like hell  you and me.. I must by now be at least  70 ahead of you per week by now with all your years spouting crap

"...with all your years spouting crap".

Ha ha, that's rich after this!...

"Ha Ha  not quite,   the unknowing,well just not knowing full stop,period  lol    The oap is an entitlement,not a benefit,clearly stating it is non-sanctionable meaning non punishable to the recipient,cannot be penalised ,taken back etc.etc.,no fraud involved it is fraud less (to the recipient) No authority can be imposed on it,It can be frozen at a point but at the point you want it frozen,and many have argued at life in Thailand is not permanent and not had it imposed

Only thing breaking the law  would be the DWP not paying the oap, can be frozen though on non receipt of life certificate".

Archived