Why Dont They Allow Any Of Those Beautiful Issan Girls On The Lakorn Tv Shows

nattydread

my g/f has the lakorn shows on most nights and the leading ladies are always those light skinned.. pasty faced.. too much makeup types who all seem to be cloned out of the same mould

I find most of them average looking at best

so why dont we ever see those dark skinned beauties from Issan with the bee stung lips, a mouth full of beautiful teeth and the come to bed eyes

are they on another show that i have so far missed?

• Like 2

Because in general Thai opinion, the tanned Isarn girls are not pretty.......because of that tanned skin.

And that's mostly because of those soaps and what GuestHouse said in his comment.

I will see a gorgeous Thai girl, looking at the total picture, skin tan coming last, and my thai friend will say she is average.....

because of her skin color.

For me, a girl can be pretty, tanned or fair skin.

• Like 2

Apparently, according to my Thai gf, many of the people who you are referring to with a lighter coloured skin tone, in the Thai soaps and commercials do come from Issan and are commonly half Thai and half Farang.

My wife (the pale skinned pasty variety of lady as some of you TV Members refer) says it's not a skin colour issue. I have to say I disagree somewhat, but her points are:

A couple of her friends are darker skinned Thai ladies (not black skin, just darker than the average Bangkok white if you know what I mean), one is a highly successful celebrity, another (now married) was highly popular at High-School and Uni. The reason my wife gives is that these ladies are extremely beautiful in the Thai traditional manner with a desirable facial structure and elegance.

I am also told that the broad pronounced jaw and flat nosed structure of the Issan look is not desirable by many Thai's, this broad jaw and flat nose is also often accompanied by darker skin.

It is this look, apparently more popular with a number foreign men which is considered unattractive amongst the majority of the Thai population.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

If I understand the OP correctly, what you would like to do is change the taste of a country/society. Will never happen. Every country or society has their own perceptions of beauty. As an American, I can tell you America certainly does. Being young and thin, of course, are essential. Kate Upton (Sports Illustrated cover girl 2012) is a good example of American taste.

So as an example, if foreigners (say, Arabs) were to go to America, starting dating big, fat women, and then declare that America discriminates against fat women! "Why do we never see these big, beautiful women on American TV??" Do you really think Americans will change their taste and start liking big, fat women because some foreigners say they should? And Thailand won't either.

• Like 2

It amazes me the level of predjudice from white skinned Thai girls whose own mothers are dark skinned and they are only pale because mum diluted her genes with a western man. Like the famous Thai celeb whose mum used to clean toilets at Bangkok airport until she met a westerner. Before anyone starts though I know this isnt always the case. Look at a lot of the thai comedians, dark skin = funny.

It's skin paranoia, my wife is quite fair but still obsesses about being "black". By the way, there is a girl from my wifes village who is one of the darkest I have seen and my god what a stunner, she could be a model in most countries (not here though).

If Thais hold light skin Thais in higher regard, does it follow that Thais hold a dark skin Thai females foreign husband in low regard? I guess what I'm wondering is, does anyone actually know if general Thai perception of foreigners is affected by the skin tone of a foreigners female partner.

If Thais hold light skin Thais in higher regard, does it follow that Thais hold a dark skin Thai females foreign husband in low regard? I guess what I'm wondering is, does anyone actually know if general Thai perception of foreigners is affected by the skin tone of a foreigners female partner.

They don't like foreigners much anyway so having a dark-skinned female partner isn't going to make much difference in that regard. This only bothers the foreigners who have invested in an unaturally fair-skinned, plastic-nosed, degreed, hi-so wannabe versus the real McCoy.

Edited by NanLaew

The the level of prejudice of Thai Visa posters is what amazes me. If someone were to suggest one of the great things about Thailand is the availability of both dark skinned Issan women and light skinned Chinese looking Thai ladies of the night the prejudiced Falang will insist there are no light skinned Chinese ladies of the night.

They must go to different bars than I do; I am always impressed by how the lights make the ladies look so pale, to the pointof surprise in the cold light of night outside...

SC

So the OP and other Farangs like the ugly girls from the lowest rung of the Thai social ladder, so what. Thais prefer a more refined look while foreigners often go for a more primitive “National Geographic” look. That could be seen as a good thing. It helps avoid conflict and confrontation between farang and local males.

Everyone should be thankful that farang taste, or lack there of, gives the girls who are unwanted by Thai standards a chance to be socially mobile and gives them a chance at winning the foreign husband lottery.biggrin.png

Why Dont They Allow Any Of Those Beautiful Issan Girls On The Lakorn Tv Shows

There was one of them on a show last night.

Done up as a gollywog scrubbing the bathroom on her knees, and doing such a stupid job of it that everyone was laughing at her.

It's lucky it wasn't a Singaporean or Indonesian show as she probably would have had boiling water poured over her before being thrown off the balcony.

Edited by strollling

So the OP and other Farangs like the ugly girls from the lowest rung of the Thai social ladder, so what. Thais prefer a more refined look while foreigners often go for a more primitive “National Geographic” look. That could be seen as a good thing. It helps avoid conflict and confrontation between farang and local males.

Everyone should be thankful that farang taste, or lack there of, gives the girls who are unwanted by Thai standards a chance to be socially mobile and gives them a chance at winning the foreign husband lottery.biggrin.png

If you take body shape & size into consideration straight up, skin tone could be 2nd or 3rd on the checklist depending on where you rate the significance of monkey like facial appearance.

You need to take control of the TV remote,why would you want to be exposed to Thai soaps on a nightly basis,here in lies the real problem.

Second that.

The acting alone is already unbearable.

Acting? What acting?

The above shows just about the reasoning of Thais.

It would seem that by definition, a Thai female with a darker skin tone is sub-standard to the 'fairer' Thai female, of lower class, and 'uglier'.

And that's sad.

For the record, I disagree.

And I am merely commenting from a Thai perspective, that is what Thais tell me they prefer.

You need to take control of the TV remote,why would you want to be exposed to Thai soaps on a nightly basis,here in lies the real problem.

Second that.

The acting alone is already unbearable.

Acting? What acting?

In keeping with Thai ways: I was giving a positive swing to a negative point.

Hence, "acting".

cool.png

The above shows just about the reasoning of Thais.

It would seem that by definition, a Thai female with a darker skin tone is sub-standard to the 'fairer' Thai female, of lower class, and 'uglier'.

And that's sad.

For the record, I disagree.

And I am merely commenting from a Thai perspective, that is what Thais tell me they prefer.

Agreed, sad but very true.

Apparently, according to my Thai gf, many of the people who you are referring to with a lighter coloured skin tone, in the Thai soaps and commercials do come from Issan and are commonly half Thai and half Farang.

That is my guess as well. Besides the whiter skin they have the facial structure of mixed farang-Thai. It's evident in the beauty pagent gals as well.

I tell all my lady friends that they don't have BLACK skin, they have GOLDEN skin. Considering the billions of dollars that western women spend trying to get skin like the average Thai, I find it amazing that virtually ALL Thai women want pastey white skin.