Paying Tot Bills

Guderian

I had TOT broadband installed a few months ago, and this week I got the first bill. So I went along to their office on Klang to pay it, no problem. It's going to get a bit boring having to troop over there every month, though. Are there any alternatives for paying TOT bills, like you have for paying electricity or water at the nearest 7-Eleven?

Most months i don't even get my bill through from this crowd.

Word of warning, unlike your true visions bill, you cannot pay at 7-eleven if it is after the due date, the system won't accept it. So you either have to go to klang or pay twice the following month, they will not cut you off until the third month, trust me I know.

Word of warning, unlike your true visions bill, you cannot pay at 7-eleven if it is after the due date, the system won't accept it. So you either have to go to klang or pay twice the following month, they will not cut you off until the third month, trust me I know.

Been there... Done that! wink.png

That's useful to know, thanks. I wish the electricity and water were as forgiving.

I was connected to their ADSL service (which is better than I had expected) in early January, but only 2 days ago did I get the first bill, when two of them (January and February) came at the same time. They do seem pretty relaxed about it.

That's useful to know, thanks. I wish the electricity and water were as forgiving.

I was connected to their ADSL service (which is better than I had expected) in early January, but only 2 days ago did I get the first bill, when two of them (January and February) came at the same time. They do seem pretty relaxed about it.

From October until January I didn't get a bill on time to pay it by due by date at 7Eleven. They made an excuse at the office that it was a result of the flooding in Bangkok.

My bill usually arrives too late for paying at the 7/11 (but my gf has just told me that if you take your previous bill they will scan it and tell you what is owing) So I will try this as I cannot abide going to Klang where the girls behind the counter are so miserable, bordering on rudeness

We pay all our utility bills automatically by credit card like a direct debit then pay one bill monthly. Saves time and effort, establishes a credit history and gets points for hotel stays and other freebies.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Edited by 2unique

Get an online account with your bank and pay with online banking. Theis works for Tot, True and Ais as well. I never have to go someplace to pay these accounts but simply do it from home.

I have KTB & Kasikorn Internet banking but neither have TOT in their Payee list. What bank or what name?

Pay mine via the internet with Bangkok Bank. It still says that you can't pay if past due, but TOT says they have changed that. Not willing to test it as it's a 100 kilo drive to their office.

Just spoke to TOT and you can go in to a TOT office and ask for a monthly transfer order to the bank. Take this to your bank and they will make an automatic transfer each month.

Have many people done this, also for water and electricity? It's certainly how I would do it in the West, but one guy who's lived here a long time told me all sorts of horror stories, like they take the wrong amount and then you have a huge hassle to get the balance back. He even said that he had heard of one guy whose account was debited correctly, but the electric company still cut him off.

• Like 1

Have many people done this, also for water and electricity? It's certainly how I would do it in the West, but one guy who's lived here a long time told me all sorts of horror stories, like they take the wrong amount and then you have a huge hassle to get the balance back. He even said that he had heard of one guy whose account was debited correctly, but the electric company still cut him off.

+1. also heard too many horror stories about Direct Debit here in Thailand, it's easy to open, but very difficult to stop/cancel.

Edited by MJCM

+1. also heard too many horror stories about Direct Debit here in Thailand, it's easy to open, but very difficult to stop/cancel.

Choosing between a quick trip to the 7Eleven or the odd trip to the TOT office to pay the bill or setting up direct debit is easy. There's no way I would even consider setting up direct debit in Thailand.

I always recieve the bill after the payment date, TOT uselesss

I have been on direct debit for the water, electric and TOT for over 4 years. Never an issue. Stopped the service on accounts twice due to moving and changing addresses,,,,still not a problem.

Running to 7/11 before was always a hassle

• Like 1

I pay water and electricity by DD. Never a problem - and I do check. I never use my land line so TT&T get nothing from me. I have to pay TOT for rental of the line, 107 baht per month. I drop them 535 baht and get a zero bill every month before I top up my credit. Has worked well so far.

Some time ago I received a bill for nearly 900 baht from TOT. They knew nothing about it and advised me to beat up TT&T. They in turn said that I had made an extended call to Petchabun so I asked for the number which turned out to be a mobile. My wife spoke to a Thai guy who admitted that he knew nobody in Pattaya and in any case he had only had the mobile for two weeks. Armed with this I returned to TT&T and asked them if they could think of why I would make a call to a mobile sitting in a box on a shelf in a shop. The stupid women insisted that I pay so I wrote to the MD in BKK. Two days later I received a very apologetic telephone call and said they would investigate. A week later I received a call saying that they had authorised a credit for the amount. Two days later they telephoned again with the same message. I was now about 900 baht to the good. I pointed this out twice to TOT but they wouldn't buy it as 'the computer is never wrong' so I've let things stand.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that TOT have stopped mailing out some bills.

After 2 months without a bill I phoned them up and they admitted the problem but typically blamed it on the Post Office being under staffed after a rush of resignations.

In the meantime they expect inconvenienced customers to pay via their Pattaya Klang Office. Even paying by internet is a minor hassle when you have to phone them up to ask what the bill is.

I have now payed a few months upfront of the basic charge and banned everyone in the house from making outgoing calls.

It's interesting that the people actually paying by direct debit from their bank accounts all seem to have had positive experiences. I live in South Pattaya, can anyone tell me where the local offices of the electric and water companies are located if I want to pay by direct debit?

Get an online account with your bank and pay with online banking. Theis works for Tot, True and Ais as well. I never have to go someplace to pay these accounts but simply do it from home.

I have KTB & Kasikorn Internet banking but neither have TOT in their Payee list. What bank or what name?

IF.....If it is possible to pay utilities, telephone or internet through internet banking, it usually is only possible in Bangkok and vicinity.

Since we are talking about ToT bills:

At the beginning of February I cancelled my internet-connection starting from 3-3-2012 due to a move to another city.

The woman behind the counter calculated that I had to pay THB 2231 and so I did.

Job done........I thought.

Last week a ToT bill arrived at my old address with -/- THB 271...........!

Question, will I get this back at the ToT office?

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting that the people actually paying by direct debit from their bank accounts all seem to have had positive experiences. I live in South Pattaya, can anyone tell me where the local offices of the electric and water companies are located if I want to pay by direct debit?

I have always (six years) paid TOT bills via Direct Debit. Late last year I realised that I had not had a statement through the mail for months and checked my bank book finding that TOT had not been 'paid' for 13 months! Yet, I had never been cut off and was using my internet connection daily without problem. Off to the local TOT office I went and, after some faffing around on the database, the lady announced that she agreed that bills were outstanding and said that they had been rejected by my bank.

Off to the bank I go and found that their database showed that TOT had not presented (asked for electronically) any monthly bills.

Back to TOT office armed with letter from the bank in Thai. Same lady reads, smiles, shakes her head and says 'Mai Pen Rai; too many people the same. Don't worry.'

Returned home, rang TOT HQ Bangkok who confirmed that bills had not been paid but then put me through to my local TOT office who told me, 'Mai pen rai'

So, I earmarked an amount of cash in unpaid bills and added it to my bank account in case TOT suddenly woke up and sucked the lot off in one go. Afetr 15 months of no bills but uninterrupted internet and phone service I went back to my bank to try a new approach. Before going in I updated my bank book in the ATM and lo and behold there was a TOT DD for the previous month!

I now look forward to regular DDs and thank TOT for 15 months free service. It doesn't get any better than this! Now I know why they are heavily subsidised by the taxpayer!