Residence Certificate In Jomtien

gerry53

I am selling a vehicle and was told as the seller I need a residence certificate to proceed with the sale. I imagine the buyer (farang) will also need one? I got some conflicting advice about if a medical certificate is also needed for a residence certificate - I know it is when applying for Thai drivers licenses and that makes sense but it doesn't if selling a vehicle.

I just want to get this correct the first time because I spent 2 days in immigration earlier this week renewing a retirement visa and a multiple re-entry permit.

Thanks

I have never needed a medical certificate first in order to obtain from immigration the residence certificate needed to register a motorcycle or car (& I have registered 4 so far in the past). I have never tried to sell a motorcycle, but anticipate doing so.

So, while I cannot definitively answer your question about the medical certificate, I also ask the readers for their input.

Specifically, will I have to obtain a residence certificate in order to "SELL" a motorcycle registered in my name?

To obtain a residence certificate to buy or sell a vehicle you need

1. Passpot copy plus visa page

2. 2 pictures

3. Copy of rental agreement or proof of residence

4. fill out residency form

5. 200 baht

In jomtien you will be given a number and told to return the next day