Immigration On Departure At Bkk Updates

Departed 20 April. Checked in @ 13:10 for my 16:30 flight. Very small queue at Passport Control and I was through in less than 5 minutes. No wait at security. Once inside I noticed that there were many more travellers making their way towards their gates than over a year ago.

I'm glad that I didn't purchase the Fast Track service from BFS, it would have been a waste of money passing through immigration both ways.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

checked in 22.30 20th april for 02.40 flight, was glad i checked in early as the Emirates queue was a nightmare but immigration hall 3 was less than 3 deep and through in 3 mins, no security queues either. Have noticed the airport seems to be getting hotter, i think the aircon is garbage but if you are flying from E gates and go down the steps to the smoking rooms the seating area there is far cooler than the big main halls, i guess it is because it is fairly enclosed with low ceilings, but that's where i wait.

At Swampy now...Air-Asia to Phnom Penh this afternoon; absolutely no lines at check-in or immigration! Curb-side to inside terminal (past all checks) and into the terminal in less than 10 minutes :) Well dine AAT and RTP.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Not suggesting you should get married if you're single but if you are with your Thai wife let her go first to the Thai desk or the person who is organising the queue and ask if you can go through with her. 99% of the time they will let you through together. May check family name in the passports or may not before you get to the desk.

smile.png

Has not the "autogate" system for Thai passports removed this option?? Or are the manned Thai gates still in operation??

Left BKK for Sydney on Sunday night 29th April at 19.20.

Arrived 2hrs befpre flight, no lineup at TG checkin. Was through immigration in 10 minutes.

The snake system policed by the army/police girls works real good.

Looks like they have fixed the problem.

aussiep.

Edited by aussiep

• 2 weeks later...

Left Swampy for Shanghai on the evening of the 12th May 22.00 and was in and out of immigration in around 2 minutes. It took around 15 Minutes to get through security even though there was a large queue. Things appear to be a lot more organised and there are more staff directing people. This is a huge improvement, so long may it continue. Credit where credits due.

Wednesday 11:20 departure for Saigon on Vietnam Air.

Walked up to check-in at 10:15, one bag to check, through security and in the lounge in about 20 minutes, most of that was walking! Flight delayed an hour so extra lounge time. Bonus!

I'm aiming to be there 2.5 hrs ahead of flying time & I've got fast track access so fingers crossed no issues.

Thanks fellas

Not suggesting you should get married if you're single but if you are with your Thai wife let her go first to the Thai desk or the person who is organising the queue and ask if you can go through with her. 99% of the time they will let you through together. May check family name in the passports or may not before you get to the desk.

smile.png

they never stop me. they actually say you are supposed to go together.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed today that the work they are doing at the immigration is to extend the passport control area.

Previously the queues snaked out of the passport control area all around the check in / departure area so the chaos was obvious to everyone.

With the extended passport control area they will snake the queues around out of view so nobody will be aware of the chaos.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got to try the autogates coming into Thailand a couple days ago.

All I can say is..."wow"! It took literally 20 seconds.

First you put your (Thai) passport, open to the information page, in the slot. The first set of doors open, and you go inside. There, you stand on the footprint outlines for your photo to be taken, and put your finger on the sensor.

Then the second set of doors open...and you're in!

The instructions are very clear -- in both Thai AND English -- though they did have a couple ladies on hand to help. One of the ladies also took the arrival form from my passport.

I asked her about this, and she said that use of the card for Thai passports would not be required in the future (though it still is for time being, while they are changing the protocols).

Extremely impressive!

• 4 weeks later...
I noticed today that the work they are doing at the immigration is to extend the passport control area.

Previously the queues snaked out of the passport control area all around the check in / departure area so the chaos was obvious to everyone.

With the extended passport control area they will snake the queues around out of view so nobody will be aware of the chaos.

Arrived from uk through swampy on Wednesday

4th July at 3pm and I've never seen so many people queuing for immigration at the first checkpoint. 300-400 queuing and it was hot.

Fortunately for me I had a premier pass went to second immigration checkpoint and sailed through and our bags were straight out on the conveyer, collected them and no queues for taxi. I was straight off.

Only thing next to me was they were shooting a video of a passenger walking up to have his passport checked by (wait for it) smiling immigration lady.

Had the main immigration people just gone off for lunch or a go slow at 3pm?

The taxis had no customers and the carousels we're deserted.

So I finally got to try the autogates coming into Thailand a couple days ago.

All I can say is..."wow"! It took literally 20 seconds.

First you put your (Thai) passport, open to the information page, in the slot. The first set of doors open, and you go inside. There, you stand on the footprint outlines for your photo to be taken, and put your finger on the sensor.

Then the second set of doors open...and you're in!

The instructions are very clear -- in both Thai AND English -- though they did have a couple ladies on hand to help. One of the ladies also took the arrival form from my passport.

I asked her about this, and she said that use of the card for Thai passports would not be required in the future (though it still is for time being, while they are changing the protocols).

Extremely impressive!

Hi NMT, did you have to register for this? (We do in the UK). I realize it is for Thai's only, just asking as I often fly with Thai staff and I have a fast track card, but end up waiting for them on the other side...